• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Zen

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
Skillful?

Whoever sees whoever first wins, that's not skill, + the lag at different times doesn't help the process, you maybe shooting @ him on your screen, while the dude is somewhere else, yet you die

Honestly this isn't true, but it's much more true than it was in Killzone 2. I've had plenty of battles where I saw the person first and died, or he saw me first and I won.

So I had about 4 awesome days with the move and then all of a sudden I started to suck pretty bad within the last two days. I couldnt figure out what was going on until my last match last night with some fellow FTSG's. I had my move and navi way way too close to my body. If you hold them out a bit (about a foot from your stomach) and rest them on your legs it allows for much better control of the pointer and navi. Like night and day.

patsu

Zen said:
Honestly this isn't true, but it's much more true than it was in Killzone 2. I've had plenty of battles where I saw the person first and died, or he saw me first and I won.

Yap, same here.

-viper-

Banned
JB1981 said:
God of War has better blur and AA implementation imo.
Set your TV sharpness to 0.

Instant AA.

KZ3 already looks 'super sharp'. So it turning down sharpness actually improves the IQ.

Kaze13

To the people complaining about bullet damage. There are a 6 factors to take into account.

1. Normal kill requires a couple of good burst shots from the SE AR.
2. + Armor
3. Different weapon damage
4. + Bullet damage perk
5. Lag
6. Combination of all of the above.

I'm going to guess that the majority of the ones complaining about being killed too easily are victims of either #4 and #5. Or both. #4 is deadly but you can only notice this well into the match when a particularly good player already has the perk. #5 is deadly at any point. Not because of bullet damage. No, they kill by headshot frequency.

Go into bot mode and realize that it takes a good amount of bullets to kill a bot. Then apply the other factors online and rationalize away the reason why you were killed. The only BS reason I die IMO is #5. When i die instantly by way of headshot from lag...I get really irritated.

DoomGyver

X-Frame said:
I actually like the idea of anyone being able to neutralize an enemy TSP (slowly by themselves, but quicker in groups with non-Tacts), but not being able to capture it.

I really, REALLY like that idea.
I posted this idea way back during the first beta. Did GG listen? no. It would solve a lot of the TSP problem, also removing the invincibility during spawn at a TSP would help too.

Basecamp spawns = invincibility
TSPs= none, you chose to spawn there you take the risk.

As of now, if I'm one of the only Tacticians on my team and I'm trying to take over a TSP that we NEED in order to win the round. Say we're defending on Salamun Market and the attacking team has the TSP right next to it, I need to grab that TSP in order to defend for 3+ minutes. But it simply won't happen because invincible enemies spawn at such a fast rate at that TSP that even if I do clear the room and start to neutralize it someone else is already spawning on my ass and I can't even defend myself. It's broken.

-viper- said:
Set your TV sharpness to 0.

Instant AA.

KZ3 already looks 'super sharp'. So it turning down sharpness actually improves the IQ.

I can't stress this enough after having just been shown the light. It's like a different game. Undoubtedly the king of console visuals.

Rikyfree

HalcyonTB12 said:
I think it looks fun. Im gonna buy it.
I'm tempted, but I want them to patch things before I buy any DLC. Plus with Infamous 2, I might stop playing it altogether outside of games with GAF.

Dibbz

I hope you guys realize that Junkyard map is Guerrilla Warfare only which is why everyone is all over the place.

X-Frame

Full Recovery said:
I posted this idea way back during the first beta. Did GG listen? no. It would solve a lot of the TSP problem, also removing the invincibility during spawn at a TSP would help too.

Basecamp spawns = invincibility
TSPs= none, you chose to spawn there you take the risk.

As of now, if I'm one of the only Tacticians on my team and I'm trying to take over a TSP that we NEED in order to win the round. Say we're defending on Salamun Market and the attacking team has the TSP right next to it, I need to grab that TSP in order to defend for 3+ minutes. But it simply won't happen because invincible enemies spawn at such a fast rate at that TSP that even if I do clear the room and start to neutralize it someone else is already spawning on my ass and I can't even defend myself. It's broken.

Yeah and honestly if everyone was given the opportunity to at least neutralize TSP's until a friendly Tact arrives then I guarantee a lot more people will be fighting for them, as opposed to just walking by and hoping a couple Tact's manage to neutralize it without anyone from the other team spawning with a rocket in hand ..

Halcyon

Dibbz said:
I hope you guys realize that Junkyard map is Guerrilla Warfare only which is why everyone is all over the place.
I actually enjoy gwf. I have two toddlers and the short match time means I can get some shoosting in without having to dedicate 25 minutes or so. Plus its fun just focusing on killing dudes once in awhile.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dibbz said:

which makes the presumable $5 price tag all the more ridiculous.

I'll probably make a group for FTSG so we can all split the cost and keep every map available to everyone.

James-Ape

show some balls, man
I wish there was a BC2-like delay in Operations between finishing one objective and the other starting (aside from the movie they show) to give you a little time to set up a defense.

CozMick

Banned
Always-honest said:
ah okay. will be trying for some MP games this week.
How are the retro maps? I did like both in K2.

Blood Gracht is amazing

Salamun Market is an Exo/Turret clusterfuck of gigantic frame drop proportions. (the only map in the game that I have framerate issues) still fun though.

DoomGyver

CozMick said:
Blood Gracht is amazing

Salamun Market is an Exo/Turret clusterfuck of gigantic frame drop proportions. (the only map in the game that I have framerate issues) still fun though.
okay thanx. well, guess i'll buy them eventually.

Dibbz

HalcyonTB12 said:
I actually enjoy gwf. I have two toddlers and the short match time means I can get some shoosting in without having to dedicate 25 minutes or so. Plus its fun just focusing on killing dudes once in awhile.
I'm not saying GW is bad, I'm saying that people should stop complaining it looks hectic because it's bound to be because it's a GW map. If you get me :p

Facism said:
Because the wrong people left GG after Killzone 2 ;3
Right because 32 players on Blood Gracht was way better.

Some of you guys are down right retarded I'm afraid.

Massa

Had some great games tonight. The jet pack in Turbine is so fun, and that map is great once you realize you only need the lower level TSA to win.

One very annoying thing about the matchmaking process is that it tries to have 24 players in a room at all times, making it very hard to join your friends (room is almost always full). If a game has 20 players and both teams are balanced it shouldn't try to add more players to that server until the round is over.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yeah for more maps dedicated to modes I don't even care about!

Thank god there are no plans for Operations maps. Money saved!

alr1ght

Dibbz said:
I'm not saying GW is bad, I'm saying that people should stop complaining it looks hectic because it's bound to be because it's a GW map. If you get me :p

Right because 32 players on Blood Gracht was way better.

Some of you guys are down right retarded I'm afraid.

Please explain the rationale of not allowing GW on all maps. There is no good explanation.

Massa said:
Had some great games tonight. The jet pack in Turbine is so fun, and that map is great once you realize you only need the lower level TSA to win.

Um, you mean the TSP on the very top of the level, right? The one that is only accessible by jetpack? The one that, when held, gives the holding team direct lines-of-sight into one of the other TSP's and the enemies base?

That one, right?

oneHeero

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Um, you mean the TSP on the very top of the level, right? The one that is only accessible by jetpack? The one that, when held, gives the holding team direct lines-of-sight into one of the other TSP's and the enemies base?

That one, right?
I need the lol emoticon

Massa

RyanardoDaVinci said:

That one, right?

Yeah.

Tip: you don't have to spawn from your base if you hold the other TSP, like I mentioned in my post.

Tip 2: you can kill snipers from the ground thanks to the Cloak ability.

Hey, wait a minute. Why isn't the Helghast March in the game? Its THE iconic peice of music in the series. I was expecting a newer version of it.

Violater said:
They have totally fucked up this game.

Not totally... but they are very close.

To me, Warzone is a major defining characteristic of the Killzone multiplayer experience. Every MP game under the sun has team deathmatch, only Killzone has Warzone (right?).

Every map in the game should be designed for Warzone first and foremost, then tweaked/cordoned off if they feel they really must have GW only maps; but really, if they want GW only maps: make GW only maps. Same with Operations.

What they should have done, is made 8 brand new maps for each gametype. Then release 3 maps at a time for DLC, 1 for each gametype.

Massa said:
Yeah.

Tip: you don't have to spawn from your base if you hold the other TSP, like I mentioned in my post.

Tip 2: you can kill snipers from the ground thanks to the Cloak ability.

Oh, ok. For a minute there, I though you meant the TSP on the literal "lower level". The one in the trenches with only 2 entries. :p

Dibbz said:

are you talking about this upcoming DLC map Steel Rain? If so, wow, if that is true and the way things have been going with their customer feedback they better release this DLC for free.

Massa

user friendly said:
They should patch in a KZ2 MP mode as well, separate from KZ3.

Or they could just put the Killzone 2 servers back online so you'd guys stop playing a game you don't like.

Oh wait, the Killzone 2 servers are online.

nib95

Banned
I mainly play Guerilla Warfare at the moment (Warzone crashes for me before the end of any game). But either way, it's my preferred mode. Glad Junkyard is Guerilla Warfare but honestly all maps should have the option for both.

alr1ght

Salamun
Turbine
Mawlr
Corinth Highway
(new) Stahl Arms

It makes no fucking sense and wreaks of mismanagement, terrible design decisions, and/or laziness. I don't even play GW, so I get even less maps to play.

Top Bottom