• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY

Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
Performance – Improvements to party creation server load
Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
Menu - Single click squad invite
Menu - Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons
Security - Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes

BUG FIXES

Stability – Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
Stability – Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps
Gameplay - Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
Gameplay - The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
Gameplay - Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
Gameplay - Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
Gameplay – Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
Gameplay – Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries
Functionality – Disc eject now handled more gracefully
Trophies - DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2
Clan functionality – Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone.
Menu - Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
Menu - Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
Menu – Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
Menu - Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
Menu - Accolades do now show subsequently
Menu - When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
Menu - Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
Menu - The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
Menu – Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’
Menu - Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
Menu – Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
Menu – Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
Menu - Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.

HEre you go

patsu

Horsebite said:
True. Also his scramble ability is a huge pain in the ass haha.

Need proximity mine I think. How else to flush them ? I was once in a room with 5 enemies. Could only see 2. Killed 3 because 1 marksman happened to be in between us. After I died, I saw 2 more revealing themselves (partly also hit by stray bullets).

My teammates behind me followed through but I think in the end everyone on both sides died. ^_^

Thrakier

Desperatly searching for "toned down some effects to get the game running at stable 30FPS". :(

Also, what the fuck is up with the engineers machinegun (the first one)? Does it do damage at all? It feels like forever till an enemy goes down with it...

Wickwire

YAY!!! that rez cool down for medics was terrible. I can't begin to count the times two people died in front of me and I was only able to rez 1 before the other died. This will make my job so much easier and enjoyable =D

patsu

Thrakier said:
Desperatly searching for "toned down some effects to get the game running at stable 30FPS". :(

Also, what the fuck is up with the engineers machinegun (the first one)? Does it do damage at all? It feels like forever till an enemy goes down with it...

Need to upgrade ur turret I think. The rocket launching one is annoying. Regular turrets at objective room/site is irritating too. Makes a real difference in the outcome.

Xater

Wickwire said:
YAY!!! that rez cool down for medics was terrible. I can't begin to count the times two people died in front of me and I was only able to rez 1 before the other died. This will make my job so much easier and enjoyable =D

25 seconds cool down was ridiculous.

Thrakier said:

The LMG? Its awesome. I don't see any need to unlock the other two at the moment because I'm ace with it. Its great from a range.

pixelbox

Thrakier said:

I'm really starting to think that the reason for the lag is because of lag. Sometimes i barely get drops in framerate and there's a lot of shit going on too. Then there are times in the same level without much going on the framerate hovers around 20. I've watched my friend play COD BO and there are times the framerate studders from lag.

edit: The Engi's LMG pretty much only works while crouched.

Mikey Jr.

Never really had a problem with any of those bugs so kinda disappointed with the pretty weak gameplay changes. Then again, my primary is engineer, so yeah.

Though I'm kinda pissed off they haven't fixed the DLC map loop bug yet. Shit.

Thrakier

pixelbox said:
I'm really starting to think that the reason for the lag is because of lag. Sometimes i barely get drops in framerate and there's a lot of shit going on too. Then there are times in the same level without much going on the framerate hovers around 20. I've watched my friend play COD BO and there are times the framerate studders from lag.

edit: The Engi's LMG pretty much only works while crouched.

Guess I have to try it crouched then. Tried the LMG for 3 games now and it felt like the foes take 2 or 3x more bullets to die. Sometimes it felt like I was firing at them like half an hour and they didn't go down. Was really really strange. Firing it bursts wasn't better.

EDIT:

maybe the move crosshair is misleading because it doesn't show the recoil like the normal one does...

Zen

Banned
A thought occurred to me, when Guerrilla asked players what maps from Killzone 2 they wanted brought over, there's no way that they could have churned out the modified Blood Gratch and Salamun so quickly, hopefully that means that they had all of those maps done to a certain conversion standard and the voting told them which 2 to finish up.

Basically I'm hoping that we haven't seen the end of these retro maps.

kevm3

How do I uninstall this extremely lame retro map pack without deleting my save data? I simply cannot get into a playlist that goes through all the maps. Either I'm dumped into that same 'retro map' or when I choose another 'preferred' map, it tosses me in that map, but I play that map over and over and over. This feels like beta. It's getting me extremely angry.

Also, they need to get rid of that unlimited sprint and disguise for infiltrators and unlimited cloak for marksmen. Make them use it more strategically. The game is simply annoying when 90% of your enemies are either invisible or look like teammates.

Mikey Jr.

kevm3 said:
How do I uninstall this extremely lame retro map pack without deleting my save data? I simply cannot get into a playlist that goes through all the maps. Either I'm dumped into that same 'retro map' or when I choose another 'preferred' map, it tosses me in that map, but I play that map over and over and over. This feels like beta. It's getting me extremely angry.

Also, they need to get rid of that unlimited sprint and disguise for infiltrators and unlimited cloak for marksmen. Make them use it more strategically. The game is simply annoying when 90% of your enemies are either invisible or look like teammates.

Just delete killzone 3 in the game data utility folder.

Xater

kevm3 said:

Just delete the game data of Killzone 3. Game data and save games are two different things.

Thrakier said:

What? that machinegun rocks. It's not the best at long range due to accuracy but up close its a murder machine.

Massa

Thrakier said:

"Additional to this, we are performing regular and significant Server updates to help with connection issues such as the -9 Error (fix deployed Thursday 3rd of March) as well as improving performance and lag. "

kevm3

I don't understand why they nerfed the engineer lmg and the spot and mark ability, but left infiltrator completely untouched with the ability to run 100 miles per hour and with unlimited sprint and give them the ability to look like a teammate into perpetuity until they shoot you with that shotgun that has just as much range as an smg. They need to rename this game cowardzone 3 with virtually whole teams doing nothing but cloaking or dressing up to look like someone on your team.

Thrakier

BattleMonkey said:
What? that machinegun rocks. It's not the best at long range due to accuracy but up close its a murder machine.

Yeah, I don't know. I performed way worse compared with the M82...maybe it was due to lag, I don't know.

kevm3

The range on the shotgun is ridiculous and is starting to make me angry. I'm on frozen dam and a guy shoots me with one shot all the way at the top of the staircase while I'm a few steps away from the very bottom. Terrible. They nerf the LMG but leave this shotgun with this unbelievable range? Infiltrator reminds me of the Modern Warfare2 supersoldier concept.

Violater

Am I the only one who wishes the screen wouldn't go black when you are getting shot.
Hell I am almost dead, now I don't have so much as a fighting chance.
It might be a silly request. shrugs...

Also the infiltrator melee "glitch" needs to be addressed.

Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
Finally, thanks you. It never made sense to manually 'turn off' your disguise/cloak, why would anyone want to do that? And on Turbine and Pyrrhus crater map it was kinda hard to tell whether you're cloaked or not because of the color pallet overload.

DoomGyver

kevm3 said:
The range on the shotgun is ridiculous and is starting to make me angry. I'm on frozen dam and a guy shoots me with one shot all the way at the top of the staircase while I'm a few steps away from the very bottom. Terrible. They nerf the LMG but leave this shotgun with this unbelievable range? Infiltrator reminds me of the Modern Warfare2 supersoldier concept.
I don't have any problem with the shotgun and I think it's balanced. Back off from him and try to catch them at a medium range.
Violater said:
Am I the only one who wishes the screen wouldn't go black when you are getting shot.
Hell I am almost dead, now I don't have so much as a fighting chance.
It might be a silly request. shrugs...

Also the infiltrator melee "glitch" needs to be addressed.
Yeah the screen gets too dark. I'm fine with it going black and white but when it's so dark that I have to sit in a corner and wait for my health to regenerate just to see... gets annoying.

What is this infiltrator melee glitch? where the melee is super fast?
Decarb said:
Finally, thanks you. It never made sense to manually 'turn off' your disguise/cloak, why would anyone want to do that? And on Turbine and Pyrrhus crater map it was kinda hard to tell whether you're cloaked or not because of the color pallet overload.
Yeah I'm glad they're fixing this. It was a minor issue in KZ2 for me as well, but I never complained about it.

Now if they would only fix the blood gradtch out of map glitch from KZ2 that migrated over to KZ3...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Patch sounds good except for the fact that it doesn't seem to fix the jet pack controls in the campaign while playing with Move.

DoomGyver

Additional to this, we are performing regular and significant Server updates to help with connection issues such as the -9 Error (fix deployed Thursday 3rd of March) as well as improving performance and lag.
Please tell me they're hinting towards the framerate here and not just the netcode.

A.R.K

commish said:
HEre you go

so still no custom games???? when is that coming?
where is spawn on squad leader? Why is GG so opposed to this idea?? This was not what was wrong with KZ2!!!
matchmaking playlists?
Map dlc rotation bug fix?
Allow clan members join a clan member game in progress?

DoomGyver

A.R.K said:
where is spawn on squad leader? Why is GG so opposed to this idea?? This was not what was wrong with KZ2!!!
matchmaking playlists?
I think their priorities are connection issues over additional features.. the DLC bug fix better be in this 1.04 patch, that would be so dumb of them to not fix that pronto. But the additional settings/features/custom games (stuff that should have been there from the start) can wait. Right now I'll be glad to have the connection issues/freezing/lag dealt with. I mean come on, right now 10% of the games are hosted in the incorrect region but they didn't mention that in the patch list.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why the heck does my Move's pointer keep drifting? Every time I make a fast motion with it, the pointer drifts slightly and stays like that until I recalibrate. I've tried calibrating it in the XMB and reset it.

A.R.K said:
matchmaking playlists?

This is the 2nd patch for the game and it's been out for only about a week now, I wouldn't get too excited yet. KZ2 had a ton of issues that took months and multiple patches to get sorted out.

Top Bottom