• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Apparently the main character,
fuck knows what his name is,
is surrounded by some sort of futuristic distortion field which hides him from enemies but as a side effect, gives off the illusion of the rain flying straight through the ground.

This would explain why in the MP the rain splashes realistically off the ground, the troopers just don't have that form of cutting edge technology.
it all makes sense now

A Shadow Marshel indeed

Wookieomg

Absolutely glorious OT. The refresher on the story was great for me, as I've only played previous Killzone games briefly, some not at all. NEXT GEN IS HERE!

BBboy20

But either game should be fine, really. I am going with Killzone because I didn't like the way DLC maps fragmented the community in BF3, and Killzone seems to be a better 'next gen showcase game'
Shadow Fall would automatically win if it ends up being much more polished, stable, and fair.

Never played a Killzone game. Was thinking of picking this up. Yes / no?

I just started playing KZ 3 multiplayer and what a pleasant surprise. It's really good. Only issue I have with it is the 30fps. Can't wait for 1080/60 with those amazing next gen graphics. It's gonna be beautiful

Edit: My cousin and I have been contemplating between KZ:SF , BF4 and COD for next gen shooter and we're going with KZ cause we don't wanna spend an extra $60 on DLC.

Gaz_RB

Big fan of the facial animation in this game.

iZNUfNc3S9rM5.gif

wizzbang

Banned
The effort that's put into these threads is outstanding. I really have a thread I care about I'd love to do one for in about 4 or 5 weeks but it would take me that long just too learn how to lay out a thread properly like that :(

You're a bigger man than me. I loved KZ2, but those weighty controls.. No way I would have lasted that long :lol

Oh yea this. I lasted about a week before giving up, but got some trophies for being awesome even still. So glad the laggy controls have been fixed and so has the framerate.

VanWinkle

Creepy lighting...

iX0oJERMfuGzn.png

Love the lighting on the edge of the face, and the detail in the jacket, including the inner collar, which seems to almost always suffer a lack of detail...

iRuoeZjpFzSzg.png

Great looking character model and DoF...

iLkDUlFC5bQNl.png

Dawg

Shadow Fall releasing at launch of a highly anticipated system, I wonder if this is the Killzone to finally break out and be a massive success. I hope so. Of course, it's going up against COD and Battlefield, so who knows.

CoD is getting a lot of shit and BF is a game I'd play on pc.

Killzone: SF has the PS4 all for itself!

VanWinkle

I'm so glad they're going against the grain a bit with multiplayer with the custom warzones, no auto-aim, lack of XP, and all weapons unlocked immediately. I wish they were even doing more honestly. I think developers are finally learning you can't get the CoD crowd by being more like CoD - they'll just compare it more to CoD and it won't be the same, thus they won't be interested. MAKE YOUR GAMES MORE UNIQUE, DEVS! Guerilla is off to a great start.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know how thorough the customization options are for Warzones? I want specifics. What can be toggled on / off, what has a range of options (movement speed?), etc. A video of all the options or a written list would be fantastic.
Anyone have any info on this?

The Flash

Banned
I loved the first Killzone and I seriously wish I could play this one. Hopefully one of my friends will get this and let me play it.

CHC

You know watching that IGN preview I was struck by the FOV - wow, it looks freaking NORMAL - there is actual something to the right of your gun (empty space) the scope doesn't take a full 1/3 of the screen. This should be pretty good, last console FP game I can remember with somewhat normal FOV was Mirror's Edge.

Big fan of the facial animation in this game.
And yet we see so very little of it during the story trailer where it would have otherwise fit. Echo speaks twice, with one moment animating much better than the next. And the guy at the end in the rain gives me serious uncanny valley weird robotic vibes. Just doesn't work.

Just saying I've calibrated my expectations a little lower than usual on that front based upon how that trailer was cut. These marketing materials are instructive in terms of not only what they put the focus on, but what you don't see. Just a feeling though and I'd love to be wrong here. This'll be the first game I play on the PS4 after all, and I've enjoyed the previous games.

Gaz_RB

And yet we see so very little of it during the story trailer where it would have otherwise fit. Echo speaks twice, with one moment animating much better than the next. And the guy at the end in the rain gives me serious uncanny valley weird robotic vibes. Just doesn't work.

Just saying I've calibrated my expectations a little lower than usual on that front based upon how that trailer was cut. These marketing materials are instructive in terms of not only what they put the focus on, but what you don't see. Just a feeling though and I'd love to be wrong here. This'll be the first game I play on the PS4 after all, and I've enjoyed the previous games.
Yeah, their track record with story/characters in the past games has been fairly bad, and I'm not sure they can do a complete 180 with Shadowfall, and I can definitely see where you're coming from. I imagine there won't be as big of a focus on story as the Story trailer would suggest haha.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will be getting the Season Pass for 20. I just wish we could see more and get a timeline on when the DLC expansions will hit.

Top Bottom