• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

tusken77

Incredible OT. One week left until next gen epicness!

tmtscc9.png

karl-sefanovic-gif.gif

Dantis

Not really sure what you mean by 'small scale,' would you mind elaborating? Do you mean map sizes or game types for small player counts?

MP is 12v12, with the ability to create custom Warzones (games) and share them with others. Besides custom weapon load outs, health, maps, game types, I think it's possible that you can adjust player count as well.

There will also be a co-op horde mode available as DLC in the near future, I don't know the player count for that, but 4 or more seems likely.

I used to play Halo with three or four friends, and we were hoping to do the same for this. I suppose I mean map sizes for the most part. Although does this mean there's no free for all, also?

That I can't answer sadly. Maps are built for 12 vs 12, hopefully they scale down well

Hurm. Seems to me that it might not be an option then.

That's actually really disappointing for me.

I find this thread insulting and downright terrible! We are welcoming a NEXT GENERATION KILLZONE! EVERY single page should be packed with HD GIFS. What is wrong with you people????

Wow, an official thread for Shadow Fall, and with that the sudden realisation that the next gen is almost upon us. Mere days away in fact. Seems just like yesterday I was gawping at the reveal footage of the game during the February Meeting event and thinking to myself "there's no way the cityscape will look that good in the final product."

Alright GG.....this is honestly the last push for the series in terms of mainstream reception, especially in the story/lore section.....

Yep, the Killzone lore actually has great political potential story wise but they cock it up every single time and rely on action movie style characters that fall abck on cliches and tropes.

I hope they do a bit better on this one cos like I said it has good potential

Jomjom

Banned
Yep, the Killzone lore actually has great political potential story wise but they cock it up every single time and rely on action movie style characters that fall abck on cliches and tropes.

I hope they do a bit better on this one cos like I said it has good potential

I really hope they address this too. I think this criticism has been leveled by many reviewers at each one of their games. I don't know if they just can't fix it or won't out of stubbornness.

Reading the Killzone timeline proves to me that they definitely have a rich backstory to the whole game, but you would never know it from playing the games.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I used to play Halo with three or four friends, and we were hoping to do the same for this. I suppose I mean map sizes for the most part. Although does this mean there's no free for all, also?

Dude the new warzone stuff lets you modify basically anything you want. Pick the smallest maps (There will surely be some that are small enough to keep the flow with 4 people) and then just make it a free for all with whatever guns enabled/disabled whatever.

Out of all the multiplayer games that have come out int he past 6 or so years Shadowfall seems to be going above and beyond them all for match customization by the end user. If you found a suitable map in Halo that wasn't "Too large" i'm sure you'll find one that will do you just fine in shadowfall.

To imagine there wouldn't be a generic Deathmatch setting in this game is kind of silly. GG got you covered brah, no worries.

Ran Ran

Finally we have OT's in 1080p and 60fps!

Looks great!

I'm super pumped for KZ. Everything I've seen makes me think this will be a extremely solid title.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
With Resogun being free, this is the only game I'm buying at launch, so it better not disappoint! I loved KZ2 and really disliked KZ3. This looks like a big departure form both, and hopefully for the better.

Eusis

I really hope they address this too. I think this criticism has been leveled by many reviewers at each one of their games. I don't know if they just can't fix it or won't out of stubbornness.

Reading the Killzone timeline proves to me that they definitely have a rich backstory to the whole game, but you would never know it from playing the games.
I have to imagine they simply lack the people to do a good job with it in the format of a typical FPS, though perhaps by this breaking the mold some and being in a situation that DOESN'T engender itself to straight up military clashes we'll go somewhere interesting.

I suppose maybe focus testing could've fucked things up too but given how Sony's been with other first party and second party developers I have to imagine it's not just that, maybe for the first two at worst.

Dude the new warzone stuff lets you modify basically anything you want. Pick the smallest maps (There will surely be some that are small enough to keep the flow with 4 people) and then just make it a free for all with whatever guns enabled/disabled whatever.

Out of all the multiplayer games that have come out int he past 6 or so years Shadowfall seems to be going above and beyond them all for match customization by the end user. If you found a suitable map in Halo that wasn't "Too large" i'm sure you'll find one that will do you just fine in shadowfall.

To imagine there wouldn't be a generic Deathmatch setting in this game is kind of silly. GG got you covered brah, no worries.

I just hope the level of customization is deep enough to toy around with actual end-game goals.

For example, can I make a classic CTF game by modifying the default Search and Retrieve mode? Can I then modify the cap limit? Time limit? I'm wondering if the list just consists of "on and off" switches for things like respawn time, guns, and abilities. Wish they'd show us already.

Doesn't seem like those will be options...until they do expansions. And I do hope they are prepared to allow for those kinds of customizations for expansion packs. I know they intend to do more classes and abilities, but I'm a bit worried that can ruin balance if they go out of control.

I'd love to flat out be able to edit the positioning of flags through an in-game map editor. Halo had this forever. Things like that can define the game's multiplayer. I'm not asking for a full-fledged editor, but something simple like modifying and manipulating the tools in-game can be great.

AdamMPSP

Really excited for this. It'll be my first Killzone game. Pretty sure that the multiplayer in this combined with the Assassin's Creed 4 multiplayer will mean I won't be tempted to pick up COD for the multiplayer, and I feel pretty good about that.

johntown

Banned
Great OT!

This is one of the few multiplayer shooters I will play. Hopefully, the SP is better than KZ3 but I am mainly get this for the MP.

I plan on being on after I pickup my system Friday and doing a marathon MP session until the sun comes up!

zroid

Banned
Nice OT. No intention to get this game right now (not really a fan of either the series or genre), but who knows, new gens make people do crazy things.

Naudi

Banned
Amazing OP! Gets me all giddy knowing that im so close to playing this :) This will be the first thing i play on my PS4 at midnight just for eye bleeding next gen goodness!!

bLaiSe

Good job on the OT, it looks beautiful.
Can't believe I have to wait 34 days to play this and you guys will be playing it in a week. The media blackout will be unbearable.

SRTtoZ

I have to imagine they simply lack the people to do a good job with it in the format of a typical FPS, though perhaps by this breaking the mold some and being in a situation that DOESN'T engender itself to straight up military clashes we'll go somewhere interesting.

I suppose maybe focus testing could've fucked things up too but given how Sony's been with other first party and second party developers I have to imagine it's not just that, maybe for the first two at worst.

Na it can be done, just look at the Metro series. Small budget, small team, amazing results, especially Last Light.

nib95

Banned
Had to go through the OT again. Amazing job. Love the way it tells the narrative, introduces Shadow Fall, and then ends with that sweet little message.

Love the banner too. Simple, clean, effective. Lovely use of colour.

Killzone_Shadow_Fall_OT.jpg~original

EDIt: Cropped the image to just the banner.

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
Great post OP. I have this game sitting in my cabinet gathering dust, the 15th can't come soon enough!

Why do you guys call this OT? I thought OT mean "off topic"? How is a thread like this, or other threads, off topic?

Like others said, there will be some smaller maps. I hope the larger ones can scale down if necessary. GG will more than likely include free for all, almost every FPS in the past few years have included it. I hope they include a Juggernaut style mode, 1 vs everyone else.

As for the Warzone customizations, we'll have to wait til launch to find out all if the details about what can be changed and how. Maybe an early review will reveal stuff.

RoKKeR

The total customizable MP matches? Think they can get those Halo players even without Forge? And will the free maps be enough?

I'm sorry but people are fooling themselves if they think KZ is going to do what Halo did. KZ will be great, perhaps the best launch title of this gen, but it simply can't do what Halo did for console gaming/FPS.

Top Bottom