• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Jomjom

Banned
Yeah, still so much potential. Now would be a great time for it to really fully come through in-game being a launch game and given the time jump making everything new, hopefully our character is pretty memorable as well.

If there is another Rico character in this game, I'm going to be pissed.

rCIZZLE

Looks like I'm going to be in the Best Buy trenches most of next Thursday trying to get one of the extra PS4s. Just looks too good.

ieatzombies

Great OT! It shall be a great next week. Really pumped for killzone. It's awesome that it's the definitive title for the launch. GG did an amazing job and I can't wait to put this in as the 1st title in my ps4!

Gaz_RB

How this isn't a ban gif with Bish on the curb stomping guys face is beyond me...

Damn, what was I thinking...

iB5D5e1070yo2.gif

B.O.O.M

Should I pick up KZ Mercenaries for my Vita to hype me up even more for this?

I would recommend it personally. Fantastic title. KZ merc actually does the branching paths gameplay and different approaches to missions (stealth or go rambo lol) in the series first. The MP is fun too. the maps are very well made and the VAN-Guard system is a lot of fun. GG Cambridge did good

Think those have spoilers in them,so be careful clicking.

Too late for me, but it does confirm some of my speculations plus multiplayer trophies seem easy compare to the horrific KZ2 multiplayer trophies, that 1% still haunts me.

BakaJaNai

Banned
IMHO we had epic variants, such as "60 chirps per second" that are far more iconic for Killzone series multiplayer.

Content is nice to refresh memory.

KZObsessed

We'll still be more skilled than the Yanks at the game though.

First week or two they are going to annihilate us.

lol gonna be fun though.

You should join us in the clan this time. Actually, they havn't spoken much about the clan support, hopefully we can have everyone in one clan.

SRTtoZ

I would recommend it personally. Fantastic title. KZ merc actually does the branching paths gameplay and different approaches to missions (stealth or go rambo lol) in the series first. The MP is fun too. the maps are very well made and the VAN-Guard system is a lot of fun. GG Cambridge did good

Will grab it tomorrow. Hyped.

You think this will come with all the downloadable content as well? I hope this psn servers aren't all crashing come launch day.

You mean the preorder Owl Skin and Humiliation Move? Yeah, that should be available Day 1. I'm hoping PSN servers will be stable but I'm betting there will be some down time. My PS4 is coming sometime after launch so I'm not worried.

Will be getting the Season Pass for 20. I just wish we could see more and get a timeline on when the DLC expansions will hit.

Same here. I like co-op, should be fun. And since I bought KZ and a year of PS+ from the PSN store, I get $20 back (get $10 back for every $50 spent in October), I'm basically getting the Season Pass for free. But I'll wait for more details before I actually purchase it.

Eusis

Will grab it tomorrow. Hyped.
I have it coming in via GameFly. I'd say that'll be what makes up my mind on this game or not, but really I'd at least like to check out what's supposed to be one of the graphical showpieces for the PS4.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ok guys lets start predicting the review scores.

IGN - 9.1
Gamespot - 8.5
Gametrailers - 87
Giant Bomb - 4/5
Eurogamer- 8
Game Informer - 9

I do hope Shadow Fall takes us by surprise and end up being the next Last of us or Halo in terms of quality, and I have a gut feeling it will, But its best to keep expectations in check...

When's the embargo? Don't really care about the scores at all, just want more footage :D

And lol at the Helgast on the Iron Throne. Great OT

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, no one has any details on how the custom Warzones work? Damn. I hope it's as deep and thorough as possible.

MilkBeard

Wow, this is one of the best OT's I've seen. Very nice.

I already have my copy of Killzone: Shadowfall. I am locked in for the initiation of next gen gaming. Can't wait.

So, no one has any details on how the custom Warzones work? Damn. I hope it's as deep and thorough as possible.

From the videos, I know you can set

-the map
-weapons allowed
-health

Not 100% sure about the following:
-player count
-stealth (again, not very sure but I thought I saw this,maybe a Warzone was named Stealth, but could mean that class abilities can be enabled/disabled)
-game type (killcount, assassinate VIP, etc)

I'm at work now but will check the videos again to see if I got anything wrong/confirm the latter stuff I listed.

nib95

Banned
I think that the media will be overly tough on this title. Scores in the 8s and 7s mostly.

Agreed. I think a few will refer to the game as "just more Killzone" etc, despite the fact that it's actually a pretty bold departure for the franchise. It's far more open ended and dynamic than past Killzone games, which were instead highly linear and focused.

From the videos, I know you can set

-the map
-weapons allowed
-health

Not 100% sure about the following:
-player count
-stealth (again, not very sure but I thought I saw this,maybe a Warzone was named Stealth, but could mean that class abilities can be enabled/disabled)
-game type (killcount, assassinate VIP, etc)

I'm at work now but will check the videos again to see if I got anything wrong/confirm the latter stuff I listed.

You can set player count and game type.

I think that the media will be overly tough on this title. Scores in the 8s and 7s mostly.

I disagree.

New gen + genuinely good looking work by GG + more open ended + accessible multiplayer options = great scores from the general review sites.

If Killzone 3 can get 8s and 9s, this will score higher by default.

Hyunashi

Ok guys lets start predicting the review scores.

IGN - 9.1
Gamespot - 8.5
Gametrailers - 87
Giant Bomb - 4/5
Eurogamer- 8
Game Informer - 9

I do hope Shadow Fall takes us by surprise and end up being the next Last of us or Halo in terms of quality, and I have a gut feeling it will, But its best to keep expectations in check...

I see IGN pulling something between 7 and 8. In general, I am expecting something between 8 and 9.

Top Bottom