• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

MilkBeard

I am predicting a 7-8.5 meta.

That would be good enough I suppose. Considering how often I've been having vastly different experiences from a lot of main-site reviewers, you can put me in the 'don't care much what the reviewers say' group.

That would be good enough I suppose. Considering how often I've been having vastly different experiences from a lot of main-site reviewers, you can put me in the 'don't care much what the reviewers say' group.

Count me in as part of that group, though if we're guessing Metacritic scores, I will predict 8.8-9.1

Ishan

personally going with a 90 plus metacritic critics . user around 8.7. I have a good feeling about this game.

camac002

Soon.

gufzWJB.jpg

(Wired video artifacts less than Youtube on HD)
http://video.wired.com/watch/gadget-lab-playstation-4-mark-cerny-breaks-down-the-hardware?c=browse

Waaghals

Then again, the general consensus for Killzone Mercenaries was highly positive on GAF, and from people I know personally who played it, but that game was utterly lambasted by gaming outlets. It's interesting seeing the massive gulf between the User ratings average (9.1) vs the Critics ratings average (78) for it over at Metacritic. Critics seemingly way off the mark on that one. I guess because many continue to insist on comparing PSVITA games with full console games...

I think it is due to the game looking too good. Handheld titles generally get a pass on much uglier graphics and fewer features than the console titles they are based on.

Killzone Merc just looks too much like the mainline console games, and as a result it is judged as such. It is very easy to forget that it is a smaller, cheaper handheld game while actually playing.

Weird how Shadow Fall became the only first party launch title to look forward to. Good for GG I guess; they've done a fantastic job with the game. I pray the story holds up.

Shtof

Considering that Killzone 2 scored a 91 on Metacritic, and that Killzone 3 was mainly butchered for the story and therefore went to 84, I predict, that unless the story is shit like Killzone 3, we'll see late 80's or there around. Won't top Kz2 due to being a launch and not enough time in the oven and all.

WJD

So the only Killzone I've ever played is 2 and I pretty much only used that for multiplayer, do I really need to have played the other games to "get" Shadow Fall?

highrider

Banned
I'm excited. This could very well be the breakout game for the franchise. It's the only game of all the launch titles that looks like a generational leap, not only in visuals but in emergent gameplay. Just having a more realized protagonist alone will do wonders. A badass shadow marshall with special weapons and tactical tools is such a radical change from corridor shooting with Sev.

Sickbean

I want to thank our based American beta testers in advance for ironing out any kinks
and EU, since it's looking increasingly likely that I wont be able to get my PS4 till after Christmas :(

RayMaker

Banned
Man, I dont undertand the difference between the first two ways of remote play

10730961373_30c157f0a5_o.png

With the ''direct connection'' it says ''connect PS4 to internet using LAN cable'', but isnt that the same as connecting your PS4 to your router using a LAN cable? How else you going to connect your PS4 to the internet?

Eusis

With the ''direct connection'' it says ''connect PS4 to internet using LAN cable'', but isnt that the same as connecting your PS4 to your router using a LAN cable? How else you going to connect your PS4 to the internet?
The wi-fi hardware on the PS4 gets dedicated solely to the Vita, sort of like how the Wii U has separate wi-fi hardware just for the Game Pad as I recall. Thus, the router would be a middleman potentially slowing things down in the second option. Basically the first option is exclusive to either running a wired internet connection to the PS4 or not running the internet to it at all.

IvorB

I've been playing Killzone: Mercenaries so I'm pretty hyped for this even though I don't normally play FPS games. Can't wait for that next gen goodness! Three weeks to go...

RayMaker

Banned
The wi-fi hardware on the PS4 gets dedicated solely to the Vita, sort of like how the Wii U has separate wi-fi hardware just for the Game Pad as I recall. Thus, the router would be a middleman potentially slowing things down in the second option. Basically the first option is exclusive to either running a wired internet connection to the PS4 or not running the internet to it at all.

So if ppl have an ethernet cable attached from the PS4 to there router, the PS4 would give you choice of direct connection and router connection?

If that is the case I wonder why anyone would choose the router connection?

HBroward

Basically, think of option 1 as same room use, option 2 as the other side of your house, and option 3 obviously anywhere with good internet assuming you have a good upstream on your home internet.

I used to love Killzone before I got used to M&K controls I dont think I can go back now. Not to mention I cant afford a PS4 right now...

GodofWine

Damn, toys r us just said my kz was delayed, they had an estimated dhip date of the 8Th, hope that it just means its shipping next week and not beyond that.

DieH@rd

Banned
So if ppl have an ethernet cable attached from the PS4 to there router, the PS4 would give you choice of direct connection and router connection?

Because if the PS4 is in one corner of the house, router in the middle and you are sitting in tub on the other side of house wanting to play Witcher 3, router will be able to give you more stable connection.
witcher-in-tub8bqgg.gif

BTW, PS3 can connect both to RP and Internet using its WiFi module, no LAN cable required.. In that case, internet speed is heavily downgraded. We dont have confirmation that this is possible with PS4.

Eusis

Home setup I would think, not only is there the stated issue that perhaps you can cover more ground this way but maybe your PS4 wouldn't be set up near the router, and baring a convoluted setup with a computer that leaves the second option as the most practical. Plus the Wii U range is VERY small, if the PS4 is similar in that regard when directly connecting then a router can be preferable just for the range boost.

I also imagine you have options to choose so you could technically still do router even with the PS4 connected via ethernet. I'd have to check on PS3 remote play again though, that'd probably be a good indicator.

Rainy Dog

Great work on the OP.

I really hope they finally do justice to the Killzone universe this time. I don't think there's ever been a big franchise with as much potential that's been so let down by sloppy story telling and execution. This is their big chance to start again and get it right.

As much as I'm ridiculouly excited for BF4 multiplayer, KZ SP will be the first game I play on my PS4. Can't wait now.

Strider

My metacritic prediction - 88.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I think it gets the best reviews of all the next gen launch titles, barely beating out BF4.

I used to love Killzone before I got used to M&K controls I dont think I can go back now. Not to mention I cant afford a PS4 right now...

Ya once you use M&K it really is a step down to using a controller but Killzone is hopefully worth it though i remember in MP it was frustrating.

RayMaker

Banned
Ia'm guessing it will be similar to psp and PS3 remote play,

as in when u select the remote play feature it will give you options to choose

I remember on my psp when RP was selected it gave me options

such as
PS-2323
Playstation 3 (r)

so i'am guessing the ''Playstation 3 (r)'' option was the direct connection and the other ones were through the router.

x-Lundz-x

I think it's telling you that you have a choice, you can wifi connect directly to the PS4 box itself, or connect Wifi to a router in which the PS4 is connected to via a lan cable.

Think of it as choosing "John's PS4" or "John's Wifi" in the wifi settings of the Vita.

x-Lundz-x

I think it can do 90. At least one game on each console should get great treatment to get people excited.

You mean MetaCritic? I would LOVE to see this happen as I am a big Killzone fan but I don't know if that is going to happen. I mean everyone is going to be gushing over the graphics, that is a given however if the campaign isn't up to snuff it's going to hurt. Now if the MP is as fun as it looks then maybe. Lets keep our fingers crossed lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Not watching the video but goddamn at that screenshot. So much geometry and a huge draw distance. The next week is going to be a brutal wait.

Also, everyone needs to cool it with worrying about the Metacritic. We don't know how it will do and the press reactions have been very positive so far. I don't really care what the MC is as long as it pleases me, a fan of the series and a big FPS fan who wants quality single player.

Top Bottom