• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Gaz_RB

kzsf_fe_2013-11-08_helghast-security_05_ma.jpg

kzsf_fe_2013-11-08_helghast-security_02_ma.jpg

kzsf_fe_2013-11-08_helghast-security_03_ma.jpg

kzsf_fe_2013-11-08_helghast-security_06_ma.jpg

Elginer

Killzone Shadow Fall looks fantastic. Have my copy just sitting here waiting. I really enjoyed Killzone 3 and 2. Although 2 a bit more story wise than 3. That heavy gunplay in 2 was fantastic, better than 3. It always seems though that Killzone has an interesting world but GG does nothing really with it. Hope that Shadow Fall fixes that. Am loving the more open sandbox gameplay.

PS: Yes, I love Resistance 3 and would love to see the franchise continue.

GloveSlap

man. I really have the money to buy 2 PS4 games. but I really want 4. not sure what to buy yet

COD, BF4, Killzone and Need for Speed.

I really need help here :(

Compromise for 3 games and do the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal at Target on Nov 15th.

Thank OP for the hard work, especially the back story stuff. This will be my first Killzone game so I have no idea what happened in the other games.

Zero315

Banned
Amazon shipped out my copy this morning as well, expected to arrive monday. I was really hoping they would hold off just in case they do end up matching the Target sale. Man, this is gonna make the wait for the system unbearable!

I've been avoiding most of the trailers and stuff, but the odd screenshots and gifs I've seen have gotten me hyped as hell!

reson8or

What pre-order items? I bought my copy at Best Buy and got nothing.

From Amazon's page:
Killzone: Shadow Fall – "Shadow Pack" Pre-Order Bonus
Being a Shadow Marshal is about dominating the flow of combat and fighting on your own terms. Pre-order today to receive access to these exclusive extras: OWL Skins - Customize your OWL Combat Drone's appearance, Spotlight Move - Humiliate your fallen enemies in Multiplayer, and the Official Soundtrack - Listen to the epic Cinematic Score The promotional code will be emailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer will be applied to all previous pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order.

btkadams

i wonder which trigger setup i will prefer. i've long held the view that r1/l1 are better for shooting, but i was quickly able to get used to using the triggers when i played shadow fall earlier this week. i didn't end up switching the controls in the settings.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
i wonder which trigger setup i will prefer. i've long held the view that r1/l1 are better for shooting, but i was quickly able to get used to using the triggers when i played shadow fall earlier this week. i didn't end up switching the controls in the settings.

With how naturally your index fingers go to the triggers on the DS4 I feel like it would be a uncomfortable to use R1/L1.

Ark

man. I really have the money to buy 2 PS4 games. but I really want 4. not sure what to buy yet

COD, BF4, Killzone and Need for Speed.

I really need help here :(

Why on Earth would you get CoD, Killzone AND Battlefield within 6 months of each other? I'm going for Killzone and Battlefield.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
People hate on Resistance 2 (me included) because it was like a frankenstein. It removed most of what people originally loved about R:FoM and then tacked on CoD controls and mechanics as salt in the wound.

I don't play Call of Duty, because I'm not a fan, so I guess I didn't notice.

My main complaint with Resistance 2 was definitely the removal of the weapon wheel, but I loved everything else. Controls felt smooth and responsive, just like Fall of Man. The two weapon limit was annoying, that's for sure. I thought the story, and campaign design was very enjoyable.

The chapter with Hale going through the dark hotel filled with Grims is still one of my favorite moments of the series. But hey, differing opinions and all that, so it's no big deal.

Man the Higs will always be at the forefront of my favorite enemy designs.

O_O

Thats-racist.gif

CHC

Goddamn the hype train keeps rolling on here, it's so hard to resist buying a launch PS4 right now. As for Killzone, thank you for the story updates in the OP. Will the game be a standalone story or will I be lost if I haven't played the others?

Omiee

Are we going to start a clan? What is the clan support like? Clan support on ps3 was awesome!!

got my shadow fall bundle pre ordered and cant wait for this game to drop.

Anyone know if this would be a good pickup for someone who hasn't really played many shooter titles but is interested in learning?

That trailer from E3 blew me away, but I'm basically a newb in the genre so if the game is basically aimed at the hardcore who have played the previous ones it'd be a waste of money if it took an insane amount of time to get decent at it.

drproton

Anyone know if this would be a good pickup for someone who hasn't really played many shooter titles but is interested in learning?

That trailer from E3 blew me away, but I'm basically a newb in the genre so if the game is basically aimed at the hardcore who have played the previous ones it'd be a waste of money if it took an insane amount of time to get decent at it.

If it's anything like the Super Stardust series, it starts at a pretty accessible level and ramps up in difficulty over several levels/waves.

It should be as good as anything for a beginner.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If it's anything like the Super Stardust series, it starts at a pretty accessible level and ramps up in difficulty over several levels/waves.

It should be as good as anything for a beginner.
Pretty sure Killzone is nothing like Super Stardust.

We barely know about the main guy it is weird

We've seen his face in the body scan right?... or was that a placeholder face?

Because after that February demo the guy is always wearing a mask

killzone-shadow_25336_jq.jpg

We barely know about the main guy it is weird

We've seen his face in the body scan right?... or was that a placeholder face?

Because after that February demo the guy is always wearing a mask

killzone-shadow_25336_jq.jpg

From what I understand, he's mute, or at least wont talk much. GG is going for the whole "you are the soldier" thing where the perspective never shifts from your eyes, or something.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
From what I understand, he's mute, or at least wont talk much. GG is going for the whole "you are the soldier" thing where the perspective never shifts from your eyes, or something.
He does talk. His voice actor is actually pretty shitty. Everything is first person so I doubt we'll go too much into him as a character unless it's a playable segment.

Killzone has no aim assist, so unless you have very good reflexes you might find MP frustrating. But then again, everyone will have no aim assist so it might be so tough.

Top Bottom