• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

i played every killzone they came out with on the ps3 and i don't get the hype. they were mediocre at best.

would've loved a Resistance title instead.

Vizzeh

Banned
I...have no idea what this means.

It means they found ways to make their programing much more efficient by utilizing the graphics chip better, double the polygon budget = basically double the graphics/detail :D (not quite but simply put)

witness

Very good OT, reading through it I had no idea that bots were going to be back. Awesome for when I want to feel empowered!

Kraziel

Neo Member
Amazing OT.

Can't wait to play this game ! Loved the KZ series.

I am having a lot of fun playing KZ : Mercenaries online.

Amazing what they did on PS Vita.

Sad that I have to wait until january to have my PS4 :(

average meta will be between 86-92

I think it will score higher than most of you anticipate mostly due to there not being much that compares to the quality on either platform.

I mean, one launch game has to score good and I don't see Ryse, Knack, FOrza or any other of the MP games scoring higher

i played every killzone they came out with on the ps3 and i don't get the hype. they were mediocre at best.

I loved KZ on PS3 a lot, it started ho-hum but I really got into it. I have spent 100 hours + on both KZ2 and KZ3. I think Resistance was mediocre.

Gaz_RB

It means they found ways to make their programing much more efficient by utilizing the graphics chip better, double the polygon budget = basically double the graphics/detail :D (not quite but simply put)

Damn, the game already looks ridiculous....
GG's next game will be wild.

Thanks.

I...have no idea what this means.

It means two beautiful women (or men if that's your preference) are going to town on you and they don't know how to say stop or no. Then, after youre spent, they take you out for the best steak and lobster dinner ever. After dinner, they go at you again.

Good times are coming.

ILoveBish

This OT got me hyped even tho i don't even like killzone. The fact that they are going to make the maps free and not splinter the userbase is extremely appealing. Tempted.

I loved KZ on PS3 a lot, it started ho-hum but I really got into it. I have spent 100 hours + on both KZ2 and KZ3. I think Resistance was mediocre.

Whaaaat? dems fighting words sir.

tumblr_m2800uarB31qg2w8h.gif

Muffdraul

If it makes you feel any better, I know exactly how you feel. Because I don't get how anyone could think Resistance was anything beyond "OK, I guess." The first one was a decent for launch title. The next two were just... meh.

btkadams

i would've been with you around the time of resistance 1/2 because i felt that the lore in resistance had so much potential, moreso than the killzone franchise. unfortunately, the resistance franchise got screwed over. resistance 3 was great, but it was too late for anyone to care. the story in 2 and 3 didn't go where i wanted it to go either. resistance burning skies was the nail in the coffin.

one complaint that i feel can be made about both franchises is that neither of them has fully taken advantage of the interesting backstory. there's still life in the killzone franchise though, so they could do it. i hope they make a non-fps game in the killzone universe too.

God, those Sony guys have so much class.

Sometimes people obsess over him, but when Cerny talks, it's mesmerizing.

It's absolutely worlds apart from Mattrick (yes, I know he's gone now!) or Hyrb's Xbone unboxing, for comparison. The Xbone team seem brash and garish by comparison, while on the Sony side it's humbleness and quiet confidence. Maybe it is all just a very clever marketing angle, but it's convinced me if that's the case.

Pachimari

Can I buy it from Amazon US and then play it on my EU PlayStation 4, and download all the DLC from the EU PS Store and use it with the game or is DLC region locked?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
*shrugs*

I loved all the Killzones, and I loved all 3 Resistance games (yes, even Resistance 2; never understood the absurd hatred that game gets; the single player was long, varied, and actually interesting, and the 8 player co-op was some of the most fun I've had online since Warhawk PS3).

Why it always has to be an either/or, thing is beyond me.

Resistance 3 was awesome, Killzone 3 was really good, but not as good as KZ2. Still loved them, and I'm pumped for Shadowfall.

Nuova

Banned
*shrugs*

I loved all the Killzones, and I loved all 3 Resistance games (yes, even Resistance 2; never understood the absurd hatred that game gets; the single player was long, varied, and actually interesting, and the 8 player co-op was some of the most fun I've had online since Warhawk PS3).

Why it always has to be an either/or, thing is beyond me.

Resistance 3 was awesome, Killzone 3 was really good, but not as good as KZ2. Still loved them, and I'm pumped for Shadowfall.

People hate on Resistance 2 (me included) because it was like a frankenstein. It removed most of what people originally loved about R:FoM and then tacked on CoD controls and mechanics as salt in the wound.

That Next Gen Chirp.

Was planning to take a week off for this and the PS4 but I just started a new job. Damn priorities. As long as both come in the post on Friday, I should survive the following week.

Need to pick up a Vita as well. Which model is best for remote play or are they the same?

~~Hasan~~

man. I really have the money to buy 2 PS4 games. but I really want 4. not sure what to buy yet

COD, BF4, Killzone and Need for Speed.

I really need help here :(

Top Bottom