• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Tau

MY BODY... IS NOT READY...

882.gif

Haha love your reaction! we're almost there!

Does anyone know if the pre order bonuses are just for pre-ordering or if they're for all launch units? Also unless I'm mistaken it seems like the pre-order bonuses are in the season pass anyway.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
yea his voice actor sucks, he sounds weak and pathetic
He has the same issue as a lot of the characters in the series seem to have. The awkward inflection and emphasis makes him sound like a non-native English speaker (which given where GG is based, that may be the case). Thankfully everyone else sounds pretty good and he seems to have few lines.

Also, you're going on a PS4 run after they've already been out for a day and no preorder? Good fucking luck.

Flo_Evans

Killzone has no aim assist, so unless you have very good reflexes you might find MP frustrating. But then again, everyone will have no aim assist so it might be so tough.

Killzone multi (at least me me I haven't played them all) is more twitch based then tactical. Run and gun seems to be the mindset most people play with. Pretty n00b friendly but you will die allot before you figure out what is going on.

Aspiring

Amazon shipped out my copy this morning as well, expected to arrive monday. I was really hoping they would hold off just in case they do end up matching the Target sale. Man, this is gonna make the wait for the system unbearable!

I've been avoiding most of the trailers and stuff, but the odd screenshots and gifs I've seen have gotten me hyped as hell!

: (

Amazon still have not shipped out my order and I ordered on June 11. Still has an estimates ship date of November 15 : (

I want to stare at it lol.

Drencrom

icmIIOA3xlcWJ.jpg

ibnv5LADqvmmAj.jpg

Really loving the design

they just look like a modified version of the Helghast police in Mercenaries

Maybe because they're both riot troopers and it's the same universe? They really don't look anything a like except the helmet visor, the KZ:SF model is much more detailed then the KZ:Merc model

Killzone multi (at least me me I haven't played them all) is more twitch based then tactical. Run and gun seems to be the mindset most people play with. Pretty n00b friendly but you will die allot before you figure out what is going on.

Yeah, better reflexes will be needed, but the class based abilities will make gameplay a bit more diverse. You can't just run and gun when there's air support drones in the area or a turret around the corner. I always felt KZ2 was way more tactical than the Modern Warfares because of the class system and the weightier guns.

Good class to pick up for beginners might be Assault. Their primary ability is the Nano Shield, which can block enemy fire. Even though it can be taken down, you can survive just a long enough to kill someone or run to safety. Support class is also a good bet, since you can get Revive Drones or Turrets that can help you rack up kills.

My advice for new players would be to stick with your teammates, and support them with class based stuff like supply boxes or revives (support class) or throw up a nano shield (assault). This will give you time to figure out the game, learn the maps and not die so much (as opposed to just running ahead of everyone and facing 2-3 enemies by yourself). You'll rack up points for doing this, and these actions will also count towards completing challenges (ex- revive 25 teammates). You unlock attachments for guns by completing challenges. And play around with the control sensitivities. Maybe start lower, to get used to aiming, then slowly bring it back up when your reflexes improve.

Muffdraul

I'm strictly an SP dude, I lost all interest in MP back when Quake 3 was still current. But I'm shocked to hear Killzone MP can be played run 'n' gun, because I've always felt that's the best way to totally get your ass beat in Killzone SP... and I assumed it would be even more so in MP. It always felt to me like the controls and mechanics simply don't allow for it.

Savitar

The bad thing about ordering from amazon.ca?

It Saturday and Sunday stops all mail dead.

In other words, a longer wait time.

Boo to that.

The bad thing about ordering from amazon.ca?

It Saturday and Sunday stops all mail dead.

In other words, a longer wait time.

Boo to that.

I'm frustrated by this as well.

The weekend is perfect to play my PS4, but I may not even get it until Nov 18, which is the projected date.

However, I was told by a rep that when they count their stock, they will update the delivery date to arrive on launch.

I still havent preordered/bought Killzone, and that's because I'm still debating between digital/retail.

I need some feedback :(

i-Lo

I feel like reminiscing about KZ2. It will always be my favourite KZ of all time. It had charisma, atmosphere, great enemy AI and the perhaps one of the most apt level design for game depicting war. It had beautiful IQ, motion blur, hit reaction and (one of the best) bleeding out effects. It had one of most annoying partners and a villain whose presence made him even threatening than Visari. The only draw back was the input lag (fixed in subsequent games).

This game was the atmosphere and design equivalent of Fallout/Half Life franchises: You can try and copy them but never replicate their souls.

KZSF looks like a good successor but on the surface looks more like a shooter that wants to cater to the lowest possible denominator and is less soulful technical presentation for the hardware. While I have come around someways from when the story trailer was shown, I still have a number of reservations about the way the franchise has been handled thus far; ergo, the same going forth.

Never forget:

image_killzone_2-10056-1306_0003.jpg

image_killzone_2-10056-1306_0004.jpg

image_killzone_2-10056-1306_0015.jpg

image_killzone_2-10056-1306_0018.jpg

GIFs:

10749390654_1c2ed5b24e_o.gif

10749521986_90749e2eaf_o.gif

10749399185_3aaff531f9_o.gif

icmIIOA3xlcWJ.jpg

ibnv5LADqvmmAj.jpg

Really loving the design

Maybe because they're both riot troopers and it's the same universe? They really don't look anything a like except the helmet visor, the KZ:SF model is much more detailed then the KZ:Merc model

I mean in a world sense not game development detail.... as time moves on their equipment becomes more developed

All three are Helghan Policeman over a period of time

Empty

god the art direction for killzone 2 is so incredible. just seeing those screens makes me feel grubby. people moan about grey shooters but it had a real purpose to its approach and was masterfully executed.

Omiee

I feel like reminiscing about KZ2. It will always be my favourite KZ of all time. It had charisma, atmosphere, great enemy AI and the perhaps one of the most apt level design for game depicting war. It had beautiful IQ, motion blur, hit reaction and (one of the best) bleeding out effects. It had one of most annoying partners and a villain whose presence made him even threatening than Visari. The only draw back was the input lag (fixed in subsequent games).

This game was the atmosphere and design equivalent of Fallout/Half Life franchises: You can try and copy them but never replicate their souls.

KZSF looks like a good successor but on the surface looks more like a shooter that wants to cater to the lowest possible denominator and is less soulful technical presentation for the hardware. While I have come around someways from when the story trailer was shown, I still have a number of reservations about the way the franchise has been handled thus far; ergo, the same going forth.

Remember our clan days, we had a lot of fun those days lol. Seems so far a go.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
god the art direction for killzone 2 is so incredible. just seeing those screens makes me feel grubby. people moan about grey shooters but it had a real purpose to its approach and was masterfully executed.

The funny thing is that those screens still don't do justice to how the game looks running on a PS3, displayed on your television. You could practically smell the oil and soot in the air.

Killzone has some of the best art design I've seen in a shooter, but it always seems to be lumped in the "ho hum, brown, and droll" category.

Don't even remind me. The same people that ruined Gears of War's aesthetic.

I'm just holding out hope for Killzone: Shadow Fall 2 where it gets back to that hellish, grimy warzone look.

Drencrom

I mean in a world sense not game development detail.... as time moves on their equipment becomes more developed

All three are Helghan Policeman over a period of time

Oh okay, it just sounded like you were saying GG were reusing the Merc model in SF or something. But yeah, you can see that stuff like armor and equipment has been upgraded quite a bit since KZ2/3 and KZ:Merc.

Gaz_RB

Final stretch homies (for Americans anyway).
Gotta make sure we trade some PSN names so we can have some GAF play groups Friday morning as we break into next gen!

*drools*

Honestly KZ2 was once in a generation game...I know a lot of folks hated it, but to me it was one of the best shooter this gen.The art direction, atmosphere, the post processing, the amazing motion blur, particle effects, the subtle colors, A.I, animations, guns, the brilliant MP, everything comes together so perfectly in this game. It still looks amazing after so many years. I will give GG my $$ for a KZ2 HD on PS4.

I hope KZSF comes close to what KZ2 was.

i-Lo

Remember our clan days, we had a lot of fun those days lol. Seems so far a go.

Indeed it was a long time ago. I miss those days. Perhaps some day in the future, we can all (well, most) get together from GT forums and team up again in some game.

You have eloquently stated what I have been trying to imply. There is a time and place and approach for this sort of art style and ancillary level design. In my book, KZ2 hit all relevant points on their heads. I do not believe any other shooter has matched KZ2 in these areas of presentation (not even KZ3).

GIF:

This is a huge one (dimension) taken from a Gamersyde vid (so nearly loss-less quality); the detail, reflection and texture on the gun is truly astounding:

10750463115_7a757f12ce_o.gif

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I know what I will be doing next saturday
looking for a PS4

I live in Canada, so it shouldn't be hard to find one

To give you an idea. The Future Shop I generally go to has about 120 pre-orders, and are receiving a little over 200 console. Shouldn't be too hard to find one. Unless demand goes through the stratosphere. If Sony could turn the PS4 into the must have item for the holidays, they could have a wonderful problem on their hands. Price is good, demand is good, hype is good; a perfect storm in the making.

Agreed. The best KZ to me so far..

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Killzone 2 was so awesome. I feel bad for ever selling it. I should get the trilogy someday.

Except Radec on Elite, I'm pretty sure I have a bit of PTSD because of that part. The sound of him reappearing... The nightmares.

I have the Elite trophy (along with the best 1% players in MP trophy) like badges of honor. Shame that some MP trophies pretty much required boosting if you wanted to get them. Never got the Plat because of that.

I hope that Shadow Fall captures the same magic with better voice actors (it seems that almost no one swears every 10 seconds! Amazing!). Spoiler on KZ2 ending:
I still feel bad that Visari died. While KZ3's speech was awesome, it wasn't as good the previous ones. And I doubt they'll resuscitate him now hehe.

I've never played a Killzone but I'm very excited to play Shadow Fall. I'll also pick up the vita game on Black Friday. I enjoy story based shooters so I look forward to playing. I would get the trilogy but with my backlog I know I wouldn't get to it ever lol

Top Bottom