• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

i-Lo

My biggest gripe is LOD pop ins for the ground as it occurs a touch too close to the screen. It's vastly improved from before no doubt but I am beginning to wonder if the devs realize the increasing fidelity of everything else makes the flaws even more amplified. Honestly, I'd take some sharp rocks and somewhat barren field to remedy this issue.

That said, I really hope more efficient (read cheaper) methods on implementing Tessellation is developed and used on consoles. The lack of AF in next gen game is disappointing as it is, and so let that be the only one.

oh my...

as a halo fan, i am so happy about the new art and gameplay direction that the series is taking in shadow fall.

Same here, looks awesome, although I still feel that the series lacks a protagonist. I can't identify myself being the 'hero' in this game.

My biggest gripe is LOD pop ins for the ground as it occurs a touch too close to the screen. It's vastly improved from before no doubt but I am beginning to wonder if the devs realize the increasing fidelity of everything else makes the flaws even more amplified. Honestly, I'd take some sharp rocks and somewhat barren field to remedy this issue.

That said, I really hope more efficient (read cheaper) methods on implementing Tessellation is developed and used on consoles. The lack of AF in next gen game is disappointing as it is, and so let that be the only one.

It will improve with time. Ryse has no pop ups

nib95

Banned
It will improve with time. Ryse has no pop ups

Bit unfair to compare a game with the scale and open ended nature of Shadow Fall with that of something considerably more linear and focused. In terms of level scale and draw distance, KZ is in an entirely different league.

That said, only the forest level really shows off any unwanted pop in.

Gestault

The terrain and object pop-in is distracting with everything else looking so darned good. Dat water.

is7CqKYI87fVq.gif

Strike

Great OT. It will be a while before I pick this up, but I hope the MP is every bit as fun and engaging as KZ2's was.

Nice OT. I just received an email from Amazon telling me my copy of Killzone has shipped! Shipped by USPS (durrr) but it will be here by Tuesdai.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really a Killzone fan, but the latest media blitz sure is getting me excited for this game!

Man the wait for this is unbearable. I preordered it off PSN just because I figured no way would I want to trade it in. I still play KZ2 from time to time. I really think the mp in this will be even better then KZ2, crazy that this is a launch game.

iceatcs

So, did it get downgraded? (serious question,the light going through the cloak looks much better than the 'new' version but everything else i cant tell)

I'm not sure, the old one the sunlight look like the light moving the direction (or something inside his body). The new one look more natural sunlight from the behind. It is art reason not downgrade.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Consider me pressed at the fact US gets this a two weeks earlier than the rest of us. Game I'm most hyped for, looks utterly amazing

LkPr

UGH is 3 shooters too much as my first 3 next gen games?? I have COD and BF4 already and I'm on the fence about getting this... it looks AMAZING but I'm afraid I'm gonna get burnt out on shooters.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So, did it get downgraded? (serious question,the light going through the cloak looks much better than the 'new' version but everything else i cant tell)

OLD looks clearer
NEW looks more cloudy (which it what I would think a big explosion would do)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm guessing we won't see reviews until launch.

Not that I'm waiting for some kind of validation. I have it pre-ordered based on interest and not what some media outlets will say.

MMaRsu

UGH is 3 shooters too much as my first 3 next gen games?? I have COD and BF4 already and I'm on the fence about getting this... it looks AMAZING but I'm afraid I'm gonna get burnt out on shooters.

This is the only shooter built for next gen. Put away crappy cod bro.

Top Bottom