• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

The target and amazon deals are insane for games right now. Killzone is gonna be huge no doubt about it, and as others have said; the PS4 attach rate is gonna spike.

EDIT^ see above lol. same thing.

Great minds think alike.

On a side note, every online community has a distinct personality of sorts. Obviously, they day 1 community is going to be a gaggle of deal seekers and spend thrifts like myself. Joy!

Bigger. I'm almost certain the PS4 will sell a lot better at launch and the months following comparative to what the PS3 did. I also think Shadow Fall will have a better attach ratio and longer legs.

Yeah I think this game has a shot at completely revitalizing the franchise.

I think the good thing about the custom Warzones is that for players who want to do dumb stuff like '720 no scopezz errday' can do so in custom games, and people looking for a more serious game can make their own Warzone. Hopefully the majority of players will fall into the latter group. Then again, KZ2 MP was really good and I didn't see the former group of players at all. Expecting the same for SF.

Charcoal

Grabbed this today at Target, they only had 4 copies left when I got there. Even though I have had a ps3 since launch I rarely played it and missed out on KZ3. This will be the first killzone I really play, looking good!
And that's before the PS4 is even available. Friday is going to be insane!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah I think this game has a shot at completely revitalizing the franchise.

Same here. It's practically a reboot but the new stuff their adding in seems like stuff fans will like as well as new players. I think Killzone and inFamous are both poised to become much bigger series next gen since they're going to be getting a lot of attention now.

molnizzle

I feel like some of the OT images are out of order. Shouldn't the logo image be at the very top, rather than the bit about the KZ2 story?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
There will probably be a vehicle section in sp. Atleast I really hope so, they usually turn out to be graphical showcases. (I.e. Explosions).

Thoraxes

My body is ready for Friday.

BYveyIqCEAAIKeq.jpg:large

TheHater

By the way, Killzone has shot up to #3 on the Amazon video games best sellers list, behind only Call of Duty 360 and the $20 PSN card:

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_vg_1_1

It is now the only individual PS4 game SKU in the top 100 for all of 2013, coming in at 99th:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

However, the PS4 + BF4 bundle is at 57th for the year. It is the only other game in the top 100.
it will probably go up more on Tuesday sale on amazon.com

This has a legit shot at outselling COD and BF4 (PS4 versions only ofc) as the top next gen game this launch. Seems even your average COD shooter fan is taking a real hard look at it as the next gen showpiece.

Think about every vehicle section in KZ3 aside from the MAWLR fight.
Well that's not fair since KZ3 was more restricted as a whole compared to KZ2... And by not only their vehicle segments
By the way, Killzone has shot up to #3 on the Amazon video games best sellers list, behind only Call of Duty 360 and the $20 PSN card:

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_vg_1_1

It is now the only individual PS4 game SKU in the top 100 for all of 2013, coming in at 99th:

However, the PS4 + BF4 bundle is at 57th for the year. It is the only other game in the top 100.
Guessing because it can be shipped now... Likely BF4 will also move up when shipment is available

PBY

Banned
My copy is "shipping" from amazon.

Hated KZ 2 and 3, but ya'll got me super duper hyped, to the point that I figured why not. The gameplay looks different enough, and the art that I hated from 2 and 3 has evolved to a point that Im into it. And the more they show off the graphics, the more I want it.

Neither had Bungie before they released Halo CE. I just love diverse gameplay...

Bungie spent years learning how to craft vehicle combat in one of the most difficult aspects possible...RTS/FPS gameplay. There were interviews with them where they talk about how instrumental that knowledge was to balancing out what would be vehicles and player combat in Halo. No one can do it like Bungie

How much story from 2 and 3 is necessary for this? I started both, but didn't get very deep.

It's a soft-reboot set 30 years after the ISA nuked Helghan to oblivion at the end of KZ3. That's pretty much all you need to know going in, I'm sure there'll be a basic recap at the start of the game.

Bungie spent years learning how to craft vehicle combat in one of the most difficult aspects possible...RTS/FPS gameplay. There were interviews with them where they talk about how instrumental that knowledge was to balancing out what would be vehicles and player combat in Halo. No one can do it like Bungie
The more you know...

But other fps developers really need to study and analyze the Halo games imo. The vechicular combat.in Halo CE was amazing

How much story from 2 and 3 is necessary for this? I started both, but didn't get very deep.

You can probably just read plot summaries or the KZ wiki if you don't want to play through. There will probably be some call backs but there will probably be very little that's confusing to someone who hasn't played the previous games through.

PBY

Banned
It's a soft-reboot set 30 years after the ISA nuked Helghan to oblivion at the end of KZ3. That's pretty much all you need to know going in, I'm sure there'll be a basic recap at the start of the game.

You can probably just read plot summaries or the KZ wiki if you don't want to play through. There will probably be some call backs but there will probably be very little that's confusing to someone who hasn't played the previous games through.

Pretty much what I wanted to hear, ty.

Showaddy

Not much, there's been a 30 time jump so the characters are all new. All you need to know is that evil space Nazi's invaded in 1, the 'good guys' attacked back in 2 and in 3 they accidentally blew up the space Nazi's planet murdering billions of innocent civilians, hence what's left of the Helghast now being forced to live with the Vektans in 1 mega city.

PBY

Banned
Not much, there's been a 30 time jump so the characters are all new. All you need to know is that evil space Nazi's invaded in 1, the 'good guys' attacked back in 2 and in 3 they accidentally blew up the space Nazi's planet murdering billions of innocent civilians, hence what's left of the Helghast now being forced to live with the Vektans in 1 mega city.

Ha, space nazis = bad is pretty much all I can remember, so this is actually helpful to me, thanks!

Megatron

Why on earth is the $20 psn points card number 2?

Why on earth is the $20 psn points card number 2?

It's been #1 more often than not for a long time. Basically since Journey + PSV came out in early 2012. PSN releases across PSV+PS3 have been consistently strong since that point.

Prior to that, XBL points cards were #1 for years. Probably since the 360 released.

Massa

Killzone 2 is my favorite multiplayer of the previous gen and in my top 3 alongside Dark Souls and The Last of Us. I've been anticipating Shadow Fall since this post from Guerrilla last year, when the PS4 in 2013 was just a rumor:

"2013 is gearing up to be another big year for Guerrilla – quite possibly the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004."

It's great to see it see it turning up well in the Amazon ranks, and just incredible how amazing it looks. The PS3 in 2009 was not doing too hot, hopefully the warmer reception to the PS4 will let this one find the audience it deserves.

Now the wait for a decently priced PS4 import begins. :(

Seriously, Killzone should be everyone's bonus game if they are going for the buy 2 get 1 free deal. If you like FPS then you owe it to yourself to try it.

Hey fellas, we should get something going for MP, no?

I don't know if they intend to bring Clans back like KZ2 (WHERE is the info on clans, GG??), but I'd like to play with my core GAF friends come launch.

We DEFINITELY need to have a Friday Fun night with Warzone-- share each others custom warzones and play them together!

I hope the community features are deep. KZ2 was so ahead of its time with clans

Top Bottom