• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hi all. I just received my Amazon pre-order code. Are we supposed to be able to redeem them at the SEN website, or do we have to do it on the PS4? The website redemption fails for me, so I just want to make sure it's not my code that's faulty. Thanks.

UGH is 3 shooters too much as my first 3 next gen games?? I have COD and BF4 already and I'm on the fence about getting this... it looks AMAZING but I'm afraid I'm gonna get burnt out on shooters.

I have both those games on PC. BF4 is great IMO though ghosts I regret. I played less than 20 mins of multiplayer before quitting. I will be getting kz for sure

Radec

Hi all. I just received my Amazon pre-order code. Are we supposed to be able to redeem them at the SEN website, or do we have to do it on the PS4? The website redemption fails for me, so I just want to make sure it's not my code that's faulty. Thanks.

Try to redeem it at the 15th.

Some pre-order codes won't work before the game officially released.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone else get their Shadow Pack code from Amazon?

It seems it can't be redeemed yet but no big deal......yet :p

ThankeeSai

10752597656_375128f966_o.gif

Only a small thing, but I like the fact that the HUD moves/bobs in this version. Doesn't do that any more in the newer videos...Hoping there's a way of enabling it in the final game.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
By the way, I hope that Rico doesn't make a cameo...

Only a small thing, but I like the fact that the HUD moves/bobs in this version. Doesn't do that any more in the newer videos...Hoping there's a way of enabling it in the final game.

Hud off is the only way to play!
Please allow it again Guerrilla

Weird that Microsoft's review embargo is a week and a bit before launch, but Sony's is just two days before release.

Tesshin

Neo Member
She doesn't look old enough to have been conceived/alive during Killzone 2.

Jamie Gray Hyder (who portrays Echo) is 28, not too far from 30 years. I don't think it's entirely impossible for Echo to be born back then. Ah well. Who knows.

nib95

Banned
That subtle DoF. My god.

Yeap. Subtle DoF, lighting, lens flare and post process effects everywhere pretty much. Stuff I doubt many people will ever even notice. But it's the little touches that count. Hell, even the way the light shines through fractured glass, it actually shines through in a dappled and refracted manner, following the cracks of the broken glass.

The closer we get to launch, the more I think about just jumping straight into online warzone, but at the same time I really want to be blown away by the single player hotness.

What a nice problem to have

Since I bought the game on Psn though I will have the choice of downloading single or multi first. Otherwise I would just save online for the next day.

Tesshin

Neo Member
The closer we get to launch, the more I think about just jumping straight into online warzone, but at the same time I really want to be blown away by the single player hotness.

What a nice problem to have

Since I bought the game on Psn though I will have the choice of downloading single or multi first. Otherwise I would just save online for the next day.

The more things to look forward to, the better!

kmag

I do have the horrible feeling that this will look amazing but play so generic it could be called bland cardboard cutout shooter 4. The only KZ I really liked was 2 and even then it was kind of despite itself.

nib95

Banned
I do have the horrible feeling that this will look amazing but play so generic it could be called bland cardboard cutout shooter 4. The only KZ I really liked was 2 and even then it was kind of despite itself.

No.

Absolutely. The next-gen show-case game as far as I'm concerned.

- Open ended gameplay.
- Huge levels with lots of branching paths and layers.
- Amazing scale and vistas.
- 10+ hours SP campaign length.
- Multiple ways to tackle each level (stealth, action, infiltration etc).
- Open dynamic mission objectives in many levels (do missions in any order in certain areas).
- 35fps to 40fps SP and 60fps MP.
- Native 1080p.
- Amazing production values and visuals.
- Much more emphasis on the narrative and characters.
- Complete overhaul in art and gameplay direction from previous games in the franchise.
- New OWL gameplay elements and tactics.
- No aim assist.
- Experience'less MP.
- No splash screens and logo's.
- No loading times.
- Mass array of MP options.
- Free DLC competitive maps (10 ship with the game, at least 6 more free maps to follow).
- All weapons unlocked from the get go.
- 1500+ skill based objectives and challenges in the MP.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know how it is outside of Neogaf, but it appears 95% of the people here buying a PS4 at launch is getting this game with it. The attach ratio of this game on this board is huge!

I-hate-u

I don't know how it is outside of Neogaf, but it appears 95% of the people here buying a PS4 at launch is getting this game with it. The attach ratio of this game on this board is huge!

Yep. It will probably be the best selling exclusive at launch of any console and probably in the top 3 of PS4 title sales.

A lot of GAFfers posting in the PSN ID Exchange thread have listed Killzone as a game they're getting. I look forward to playing with all of them and hope the online community stays active for a long time. The Killzone bundle on Amazon is sold out, so that's more owners, too.

Frillen

I think I'll play this after I play Ghosts, so that I will be blown away. Otherwise it's going to be hard to go from this to Ghosts.

nib95

Banned
A lot of GAFfers posting in the PSN ID Exchange thread have listed Killzone as a game they're getting. I look forward to playing with all of them and hope the online community stays active for a long time. The Killzone bundle on Amazon is sold out, so that's more owners, too.

I hope the servers can manage it lol. I have a feeling we're going to get a lot of issues, disconnects etc due to the sheer volume of people playing.

SirShandy

Does this game have any kind of local multiplayer?

I just picked up the game from Gamestop and the worker there asked me if I knew about the camera functionality with this game.

I said I didn't, and he mentioned that if your playing local multiplayer the camera will keep track of where you are sitting on the couch as indicated by the color on your controller, and so your segment of the screen will shift around the screen to where you are seated for a better view. This would be handy if you got up from the couch for some reason and had to sit back down in a different spot.

Is there any truth to any of that? Cause on the back of the box it says one player local.

I just picked up the game from Gamestop and the worker there asked me if I knew about the camera functionality with this game.

I said I didn't, and he mentioned that if your playing local multiplayer the camera will keep track of where you are sitting on the couch as indicated by the color on your controller, and so your segment of the screen will shift around the screen to where you are seated for a better view. This would be handy if you got up from the couch for some reason and had to sit back down in a different spot.

Is there any truth to any of that? Cause on the back of the box it says one player local.

Probably BS. I haven't heard anything about camera support; there would have been a thread about it. One player local is the campaign and maybe bot matches.

Wasp

Shadow Fall has no local multiplayer. That stuff about the camera has been mentioned by Sony as a possible feature for some games, but I don't know any games which support the feature at the moment.

With this kind of talent man, I am really curious as to what GG can do with that WRPG I keep hearing about they are working on. My god.

Absolutely cannot wait to get Killzone onto my HDTV and go to work.

I swear if I walk away Friday empty handed I may go nuts. God knows when the 2nd shipments will be sent out with all the other launches going on. I MUST HAVE MY PS4!

And this is the first time in a very long time I have cared to get a console at launch. Think the last one was the Dreamcast.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

It's the best looking game on the console (always a big deal at launch) plus it has the benefit of being pretty damn good by the looks of things. It's easily the game to get if you're only buying 1 game.

I think the Watch Dogs delay also helped this game a bit.

Now that all of the sales are going on at Amazon and Target, I'll bet this game gets a boost. It was already looking to be the best selling of the series but now I think that is a lock. These sales are only going to swell the online community and that is a good thing.

The target and amazon deals are insane for games right now. Killzone is gonna be huge no doubt about it, and as others have said; the PS4 attach rate is gonna spike.

EDIT^ see above lol. same thing.

Rsinart

Grabbed this today at Target, they only had 4 copies left when I got there. Even though I have had a ps3 since launch I rarely played it and missed out on KZ3. This will be the first killzone I really play, looking good!

Top Bottom