• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Dysun

Hopefully I'll sell a lot, the guys at GG deserve to have at least one game to sell more than 5m copies

It wont be Shadow Fall with the initial install base but things are looking good for this game. Haven't seen this much good buzz for any previous Killzone, not even the 2nd one.

Myansie

I noticed a photo of the back of the box for killzone posted in another thread and it listed the game as 1-2 players. Has local coop been confirmed? In the op it has online coop listed as an expansion pack, but not local.

Dam Assasins creed.

amazon.jpg

Amazon.com Best Sellers.
All that blue looks so beautiful. Go PSQuattro, go!

I noticed a photo of the back of the box for killzone posted in another thread and it listed the game as 1-2 players. Has local coop been confirmed? In the op it has online coop listed as an expansion pack, but not local.

Maybe 2nd player on vita? Doubtful, but possible...

dreamfall

Got my copy at Target! So excited.

I kind of want to dedicate some more time to KZ Mercenary before jumping in- just to get into the mood!

Oozer3993

Back of the box only says 1 player. It mentions 2-24 Network Players though.

Where does it say that?

It says 2-24 players, and 1 Player.

1 Player for single player, at least 2 for MP.

Sanke__

I really think that not calling it killzone 4 was a fantastic idea to help people to not feel like they are joining the series late and this game could turn out to be a surprise system seller. Especially with all the hate going around for call of duty ghosts.

The shadow marshal looks so badass...

Looks like a standard multiplayer character to me :shrug:

I feel like they could've done a lot more to make the Shadow Marshal a real standout character, honestly. From voice work, to personality, to his look; there's not a lot that screams "main character." The OWL will be more recognizable at this rate.

_Isaac

Oh man. Local co-op would've been so cool. I remember Killzone 3 had co--op, but was it local co-op or just online? I can't remember.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.

I feel like they could've done a lot more to make the Shadow Marshal a real standout character, honestly. From voice work, to personality, to his look; there's not a lot that screams "main character." The OWL will be more recognizable at this rate.
With how nondescript he seems, it would have been cool if they let you customize the look of your own "Shadow Marshal" sort of like how Tearaway lets you customize Iota/Atoi.

_Isaac

Splitscreen only.

Awesome

It's strange how he's such a nobody. He gets almost no attention in the videos. They barely even talk about him. Part of me wonders if they're trying to surprise us with something. Like maybe an MGS2 type of thing where this main character isn't actually the main character. Maybe he dies off and we actually get to play as Echo.

Anyone know if it'll be possible to make a custom warzone where just you and a friend could battle bots together? I'm thinking yes, but rarely dipped into warzone for KZ2, plus from what I understand warzone has been refined in Shadow Fall.

It's strange how he's such a nobody. He gets almost no attention in the videos. They barely even talk about him. Part of me wonders if they're trying to surprise us with something. Like maybe an MGS2 type of thing where this main character isn't actually the main character. Maybe he dies off and we actually get to play as Echo.

Considering how little we've seen of the singleplayer campaign, that wouldn't even surprise me. Echo also has a much more eye-catching design, and is 100% likely to be a more interesting character. But I doubt it will happen.

It's just weird how much they've seemed to really focus on the narrative this time, but the player character seems even more bland than Sev.

Mifune

Mehmber
Considering how little we've seen of the singleplayer campaign, that wouldn't even surprise me. Echo also has a much more eye-catching design, and is 100% likely to be a more interesting character. But I doubt it will happen.

It's just weird how much they've seemed to really focus on the narrative this time, but the player character seems even more bland than Sev.

It's not that weird considering the whole game is played from his perspective, story scenes and all. It's hard to flesh out a character when you never even see him.

It's not weird considering the whole game is played from his perspective, story scenes and all. It's hard to flesh out a character when you never even see him.

There's no reason being entirely in first person has to hamper storytelling or characterization. It'll actually just make it worse if they go the Valve route and have people talk AT you the whole time instead of with you.

Unless of course I'm completely wrong and they've actually done something different and we just haven't seen enough.

Mifune

Mehmber
There's no reason being entirely in first person has to hamper storytelling or characterization. It'll actually just make it worse if they go the Valve route and have people talk AT you the whole time instead of with you.

Unless of course I'm completely wrong and they've actually done something different and we just haven't seen enough.

I don't know. His cry of "It's our home too!" in the story trailer gives me hope that he won't just be a bystander.

It's not that weird considering the whole game is played from his perspective, story scenes and all. It's hard to flesh out a character when you never even see him.

So goes the conventional wisdom, but it is incorrect. I am playing FarCry 3... almost done with it; that game never EVER leaves first-person perspective, yet the character is quite fleshed out. (He may be a bit of a douche, but his douchiness is very very well developed.)

The silent protagonist thing in FPS is utterly played out. There's no excuse for it anymore... it's just unnatural. Unfortunately Half-Life's reputation for storytelling/world-building (well deserved in most ways...not in this way) keeps the charade going.

Mifune

Mehmber
So goes the conventional wisdom, but it is incorrect. I am playing FarCry 3... almost done with it; that game never EVER leaves first-person perspective, yet the character is quite fleshed out. (He may be a bit of a douche, but his douchiness is very very well developed.)

The silent protagonist thing in FPS is utterly played out. There's no excuse for it anymore... it's just unnatural. Unfortunately Half-Life's reputation for storytelling/world-building (well deserved in most ways...not in this way) keeps the charade going.

The protagonist in Shadow Fall isn't silent though, right? Not completely anyway.

Mifune

Mehmber
Not totally, but everyone else seems to talk way more.

Yeah that's true. But hey all we've seen are solo missions so who's he supposed to talk to anyway.

"Hey OWL, lookin' good. Go shock those guys." ZAP. "Fuckin' sweet."

I have no doubt he'll be a pretty bland character but I've already seen more personality come through in the story trailer than I was expecting.

If they put KILLZONE in every Ps4 box at launch, with that box, oh lord.

Considering Wii Sports is listed by Guinness as the best selling game ever despite the fact it was bundled everywhere other than Japan, I'm surprised Sony or MS don't similarly bundle in a game for the life of the console and by default should have one of the biggest selling games of all time by the end of the console's lifecycle. Sony should get in there with Fantavision 2!

Top Bottom