• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Gaz_RB

Very unlikely, you are probably just seeing things you want/fear to see. No offense intended. At this point in the lore, people from helghan are a seperate ethnicity themselves due to getting used to the hostile environment, evolution and all.

No you're good. But that's the reason I was wondering. I don't want to see any normal racial stereotypes in my aliens.

10826632656_0f99590e4d_o.gif

I just got my copy in the mail and I am HYPE! Awesome gif,
ISA SCUM

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So yeah, I purchased the game and it's setting next to me right now but I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this. Several journalists on Twitter (like Kevin VanOrd and Mitch Dyer) are starting to talk about what is obviously Shadow Fall and yes, the words "Perfect Dark Zero" came up.

Shit, I'm really not liking this

Bookoo

So yeah, I purchased the game and it's setting next to me right now but I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this. Several journalists on Twitter (like Kevin VanOrd and Mitch Dyer) are starting to talk about what is obviously Shadow Fall and yes, the words "Perfect Dark Zero" came up.

Why is this a bad thing? I never played or really heard of perfect dark, but it looks like it had good reviews.

As long as the multi-player is fun I'll be happy.

Mifune

Mehmber

They could be talking about anything. Nothing about their tweets points to Killzone at all. All they're saying is beware the launch goggles.

SJRB

Gold Member
I just noticed this is the #1 game on amazon right now. Looks like it really is going to be the main PS4 title. Congrats GG.

Yeah after I saw a 10-minute gameplay video earlier today I went from "meh" to "must buy". It looks stunning and the Owl seems to provide some very interesting gameplay mechanics.

I just noticed this is the #1 game on amazon right now. Looks like it really is going to be the main PS4 title. Congrats GG.
With Call of Duty and Battlefield shitting the bed, I think Killzone is poised to do very well. It's finally the franchise's time to shine.

But what's all this about PD0? =/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

He explains in what context that quote came up and it doesn't sound like it was specifically about this or any other game. Just a general word of warning to his peers to not overrate launch games just because they look great.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm still scratching my head at AC4 being the best selling game currently. Now that's really unexpected.

ACIV is also the #2 best seller on Gamestop.com currently behind the 360 version of Ghosts. I'm pretty interested in seeing the platform split for that game. Seems like a lot of people waited for the next gen version.

So, I'm making the prediction that by January, 1 in 2 PS4 owners will have a copy of this game.

Realistic or no?

Probably unrealistic. I think Resistance was at about 36% attachment rate for PS3. Killzone is bigger than Resistance but has more competition at the same time.

Above BF 4 and Ghosts, that is a real achievement. They totally deserve it!

Guerilla is bringing their A game to the launch of the PS4.
Keep in mind the PS4+BF4 bundle is pretty high on the yearly rankings, so many are already getting that with the console.

Though Killzone seems to be most people's alternate game (for those for whom it's not the main game).

I'm seeing a lot of:

BF + KZ
CoD + KZ
AC + KZ

But much less crossover between BF and CoD, for example.

Can you link me to the specific tweets? I'm only seeing Kevin tweet "Going into the new console generation, just remember: "Perfect Dark Zero."" which seems doesn't seem to have anything specifically to do with Killzone.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
He explains in what context that quote came up and it doesn't sound like it was specifically about this or any other game. Just a general word of warning to his peers to not overrate launch games just because they look great.

I don't know. He's the one reviewing it, and I don't think he mentioned an overrated launch FPS for no reason. Also Mitch Dyer retweeted that, and earlier when Charles Onyett tweeted that he purchased Killzone, well he replied that it was going to be very interesting to see his reaction to the game.

Seriously...I'm just dead nervous about this now. There's this undercurrent in their tone, that really is making me nervous. Especially since USGamer said to skip the game for being bland, while recommending CoD Ghosts (I shit you not)

Only interested in comparisons to PC graphics if they're realistic settings. Eg 1080p with 2-4xMSAA, 8-16x AF, High settings etc. Not the ultra down sampled extreme AA bullshots a lot of PC gamers post that are completely outside the realm of feasibility for 99.999% of PC gamers and would cost an extortionate amount of money to run at high frame rates.

PC gamers post shots from Sethos because console gamers post bullshots like that is what the games really look like when you play it.

Bookoo

They could be talking about anything. Nothing about their tweets points to Killzone at all. All they're saying is beware the launch goggles.

Was Perfect Dark Zero a game that was well reviewed at launch, but didn't age well with time or something?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Was Perfect Dark Zero a game that was well reviewed at launch, but didn't age well with time or something?

PDZero has an 81 on metacritic so I suppose so. The press likes flipping their opinion when convenient though.

Anyone with common sense would've known PDZ was going to shit the bed as soon as the player count was lowered.

Perfect Dark looked like complete shit from day one. I still don't know why anyone was surprised at that one.

Zen

Banned
The vektan slums were not foggy in the least, neither were the docks, overcast, but not foggy. The mangrove swamp is foggy. the jungle is foggy. The fogginess ends at the missile base.

I just replayed the game keep, mind.

killzone-20040921014703927-942890_640w.jpg

killzone-20040921014657365-942877_640w.jpg

Looks pretty foggy to me, and that's not just LOD.

EDIT: Oh wait this is about semantics isn't it.

Just ordered this game off Amazon along with BF4 and COD....

I've never played a KZ so I hope this game is decent.

I have a feeling it won't be anything legendary since it's a launch game and it's probably more of a game to show off PS4's power (for now... 3 yrs later it'll probably look like crap compared to other PS4 games). But this thread is getting me excited. I'm predicting reviews of low to mid 80's in metacritic, but I hope it's higher.

I didn't pre-order a PS4 though so I don't know when I can play this.

Btw- Is that black guy in the new trailer supposed to be Lt. Daniels from the Wire? He looks and sounds like him lol

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't know. He's the one reviewing it, and I don't think he mentioned an overrated launch FPS for no reason. Also Mitch Dyer retweeted that, and earlier when Charles Onyett tweeted that he purchased Killzone, well he replied that it was going to be very interesting to see his reaction to the game.

Seriously...I'm just dead nervous about this now. There's this undercurrent in their tone, that really is making me nervous. Especially since USGamer said to skip the game for being bland, while recommending CoD Ghosts (I shit you not)

This is quite a stretch. You might want to take a long nap before the reviews hit tomorrow. It's gonna be okay.

If "I'm curious to hear your thoughts" translates to "HAHA you just bought a lame-ass game" well that's just cruel.

Eusis

Do you have a link for this?
Here it is, but it's worth keeping in mind only one of the two voted on both, and I doubt Jeremy Parish really cares for CoD either.

And technically "Hold" means "wait for reviews" so it basically just means it COULD be a good buy still but they're not confident in that.

Top Bottom