• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

antti-la

I think Killzone SF has a perfect "now or newer" moment to really make it big this time. Timing is just right and 60fps MP with all this next gen eye candy will surely seem appealing for many.

God I just hope the aiming controls will feel more tight this time.

Ef6Jaq4.png

Strider

Reviewers calling this game "generic" and complaining about the gameplay being too linear, yet give Battlefield and COD good reviews... I know I've yet to play this game but.... yeah.

So, bot limit is 11. In addition,
Stats seem to either be limited to, or highlight: W/L, KD, Kills, Deaths, Headshots

Warzone Options
Tweaking options= Time Limit and Limit setting for each mode
You can enable/disable weapons, and their attachments
Friendly fire, close combat (melee), health, regeneration, spawn waves, spawn timer, lives, auto forfeit, max players, password, challenge requirements, ammo count, ammo HUD, enemies on radar are all options to tweak.
You can select the maps, obviously.

That's it for customization options, seemingly

Strider

Stats seem to either be limited to, or highlight: W/L, KD, Kills, Deaths, Headshots

Warzone Options
Friendly fire, close combat (melee), health, regeneration, spawn waves, spawn timer, lives, auto forfeit, max players, password, challenge requirements, ammo count, ammo HUD, enemies on radar are all options to tweak.

Thanks for posting.

All of that sounds awesome to me. Can't wait to play Friday.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Warzone Options

I can't wait to play around with this stuff.

LtOrange

I am so excited to play some MP with you guys. The gunplay and graphics look absolutely awesome. Only 1 more day!Add me PSN:LtOrange

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Amazon shipped mine and it should arrive today.

I'm not good at FPS games and usually don't buy them but I've surrendered to the next gen hype and ordered the only FPS exclusively made for next gen. If anyone wants to add a guy that usually has a negative K/D ratio go ahead. My PSN is the same as my name here. If you send me a FR though be sure and type some text in the invite otherwise they go in the trash.

See you all in about 13 hours.

Amazon shipped mine and it should arrive today.

I'm not good at FPS games and usually don't buy them but I've surrendered to the next gen hype and ordered the only FPS exclusively made for next gen. If anyone wants to add a guy that usually has a negative K/D ratio go ahead. My PSN is the same as my name here. If you send me a FR though be sure and type some text in the invite otherwise they go in the trash.

See you all in about 13 hours.

Sent.

EDIT: Is there any word on a GAF clan for this game, yet? Thanks.

Trying to get in a MP match in this and unsurprisingly, it's dead. I managed to get in a 1 vs 2 game with someone named KotakuCrecente. I played against Jim Sterling too.

eival

having just finished Splinter Cell Blacklist a few days ago and seeing both the number of AI on screen and how they act in this game is just laughable.

the only thing that didn't seem like something that PS3 could easily run, is the non-gameplay wide panning camera shots, which are about as un-immersive as they were in God of War 3 in their attempts to make you think its a huge open world game, till it then zooms back into your corridor levels with a window box to make it seem like its not a non-linear corridor level.

so they didnt use that extra power for gameplay, the graphics of the actual controllable areas or the AI and its not open world, which means at the very least it should mimic Max Payne 3's level of detail on last-gen.

Far Cry 3 on PC was only 12 gigs in size just 1 year ago to this day. this game is 3x that.

Gaz_RB

having just finished Splinter Cell Blacklist a few days ago and seeing both the number of AI on screen and how they act in this game is just laughable.

the only thing that didn't seem like something that PS3 could easily run, is the non-gameplay wide panning camera shots, which are about as un-immersive as they were in God of War 3 in their attempts to make you think its a huge open world game, till it then zooms back into your corridor levels with a window box to make it seem like its not a non-linear corridor level.

so they didnt use that extra power for gameplay, the graphics of the actual controllable areas or the AI and its not open world, which means at the very least it should mimic Max Payne 3's level of detail on last-gen.

Far Cry 3 on PC was only 12 gigs in size just 1 year ago to this day. this game is 3x that.

iMf0koFP31zjw.gif

KOHIPEET

It's one thing to say KZ:SF could be done on PS3, but downplaying the camera-work in GOW3, is blasphemy at a minimum.

Go play Splinter Cell!

PSN: NEONBEAR

migrating from almost a decade of xbl to psn, so feel free to add me. killzone is gonna be my multiplayer of choice for some time i imagine.

Top Bottom