• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
killzone_988534b.jpg

This one got me as well. Damn, can't wait for those levels. (Two more weeks, Europe am cry)

Will you be able to pull your knife out in MP? I hate that they put in a weapon blow for melee attack.. that's dumb. I see you don't really have a knife in SP mode either. You have to stealth someone in order to see the animation. And you might get an animation with twisting a neck.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I will be trying this out online in MP. PSN is Darshiro. Advance warning: I will suck. I suck in non UT/Quake games for some reason so I will suck badly. Free kills here for all. =(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How do clans work? Is it an in-game thing, a console level thing, or just an informal "we're a clan cause we call ourselves a clan" thing?

How much do you need to download of the digital version to play again? Have some paypal credit that I don't feel like turning into a gift card for physical things.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Put in some time in the MP and it felt like I was back in 2009 losing track of time because of the fun. Gunplay doesn't exactly excite me like KZ2, but all the customization is super nice. I liked that they directly stole the spawn beacon idea we came up with here ages ago. Guns definitely need some recoil and less reliance on ADS.

beast786

Put in some time in the MP and it felt like I was back in 2009 losing track of time because of the fun. Gunplay doesn't exactly excite me like KZ2, but all the customization is super nice. I liked that they directly stole the spawn beacon idea we came up with here ages ago. Guns definitely need some recoil and less reliance on ADS.

Thanks man. You scared me off kz3 and now. Sucked me back for sf

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
One thing I've always LOVED KZ for is Bot mode. I am terrible at FPS so it's great practice for me. Another handy thing is I don't need to be signed in to PSN which is entirely impossible right now to play it.

If you want to be friends with a hip shooting newb add me, whenever the PSN is alive again.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
L1/R1 4 life. Need that tap tap tap. DS4 seems like it's suitable for either style, unlike the 360 controller (bumpers are terribad).

Hype rising

KalBalboa

Banned
I put half an hour in and haven't been into what I've seen. It's gorgeous, but I'm thinking of trading this for BF4... any thoughts? This is coming from a Killzone fan.

Does the game feel more team based like KZ2? Are the map designs more similar to KZ2 as well?

I put half an hour in and haven't been into what I've seen. It's gorgeous, but I'm thinking of trading this for BF4... any thoughts? This is coming from a Killzone fan.

The MP or SP? What aren't you into about it?

KalBalboa

Banned
I can't put my finger on it, but maybe I miss the weight of the old games? I also think the sound work feels a bit hollow, but so far it's been very cutscene heavy/non gameplay. I also realized BF4 seems to offer more as a full package for $60. I'm just not finding this exciting- it doesn't feel like Resistance: Fall of Man did back in 06, you know what I mean?

Maybe I just need some sleep. Have you guys had trouble with the 7 day PSN voucher? Mine wont redeem for some reason.

I can't put my finger on it, but maybe I miss the weight of the old games? I also think the sound work feels a bit hollow, but so far it's been very cutscene heavy/non gameplay. I also realized BF4 seems to offer more as a full package for $60. I'm just not finding this exciting- it doesn't feel like Resistance: Fall of Man did back in 06, you know what I mean?

Maybe I just need some sleep. Have you guys had trouble with the 7 day PSN voucher? Mine wont redeem for some reason.

If you're doing single player, trading it in for BF4 would be a mistake.

I dont see how BF4 is a more full package...KZ:SF's sp is a lot better and the MPs arent really comparable. Im not a fan of player counts and massive maps and vehicles though.

Sleep on it and give it more of a chance. Play with some GAFFers

KalBalboa

Banned
If you're doing single player, trading it in for BF4 would be a mistake.

I dont see how BF4 is a more full package...KZ:SF's sp is a lot better and the MPs arent really comparable. Im not a fan of player counts and massive maps and vehicles though.

Sleep on it and give it more of a chance. Play with some GAFFers

I think I will. I want to dig it- I'm a Killzone 3 Platinum member, after all.

Any one have any luck redeeming those 7 day PS+ codes, though?

-PXG-

This game looks stupid good. Peeps at Guerilla are fucking wizards. I can't believe a launch console game looks this amazing.

J_Lee

Banned
I got in a little under a hour and half into the SP of KZ:SF and I don't understand all the bad press, never played a KZ game but I do enjoy this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wrong thread, sorry!

I got in a little under a hour and half into the SP of KZ:SF and I don't understand all the bad press, never played a KZ game but I do enjoy this game.

Why? I need more impressions from those that have played a meaningful amount of time with the game.

Ok. So, I'm not really a shooter player. So I need some help.

What the hell am I doing wrong here? Playing on easy and I'm getting my ass handed to me in the very first real enemy encounter at the crash site. Made my way over to the site and there are 8-10 guys there, then another 8-10 come up behind me. And the airship is pounding me from above. I'm just a sitting duck. How do I approach this? Feeling lost here, GAF.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ok. So, I'm not really a shooter player. So I need some help.

What the hell am I doing wrong here? Playing on easy and I'm getting my ass handed to me in the very first real enemy encounter at the crash site. Made my way over to the site and there are 8-10 guys there, then another 8-10 come up behind me. And the airship is pounding me from above. I'm just a sitting duck. How do I approach this? Feeling lost here, GAF.

Right there with you, this game is beating my ass hard. lol

Top Bottom