• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Paertan

How much does it take to kill someone in MP? Is it spray and pray like COD or BF3/4(hardcore)? Or more like KZ2? Not counting headshot of course.
I want more impressions from MP! You can sleep in two weeks when we in EU got the console! xD

No aim assist... so CoD players who are used to it better get used to precision aiming and actually using the analog sticks to line your shots up =p

Some other thoughts since I jumped straight into MP:
  • The field-of-view was jarring at first - not sure to exactly describe it, but it felt like everything was too close to the screen.
  • 60FPS MP is buttery smooth, looks and feels amazing to play. Had little to no dips at all, the matches I've played ran flawlessly.
  • You actually have a chance to fight back if you're getting shot from behind - good amount of health per life, I'd say.
  • The map designs are stellar (well, except the forest map) and liking them so far.
  • Support class is awesome! Spawn Beacons and Revive Drone FTW!

Btw, uploading some 1080p footage of a 5-0 Warzone sweep me and my team just had on Slums.

Paertan

• The field-of-view was jarring at first - not sure to exactly describe it, but it felt like everything was too close to the screen.
That is a little disappointing.
  • You actually have a chance to fight back if you're getting shot from behind - good amount of health per life, I'd say.
  • The map designs are stellar (well, except the forest map) and liking them so far.
But those points sound great! Especially the fighting back.

nib95

Banned
No aim assist... so CoD players who are used to it better get used to precision aiming and actually using the analog sticks to line your shots up =p

• 60FPS MP is buttery smooth, looks and feels amazing to play. Had little to no dips at all, the matches I've played ran flawlessly.

Btw, uploading some 1080p footage of a 5-0 Warzone sweep me and my team just had on Slums.

Awesome. Keep the impressions coming. And don't forget to link the 1080p footage!

Could someone post some impressions of the bot matches, please? Is there any ranking, score challenges etc? Always loved bot matches in Unreal Tournament and can see myself spending a lot of time in this mode with Killzone. Thanks guys.

velociraptor

How is the single player campaign? Is it really as bad as the reviews say? In all fairness, most reviews pen the game as average (7-8) besides a couple (USGamer, Polygon). MP is probably going to suck most of my hours in the game but I have always liked SP campaigns.

wapplew

I've been watching stream, but seem like no one is using team talk?
I thought everyone should have a mic by now, or team speak do not include in streaming?

boinx

I don't know what reviewers problem are, i've been watching a lot of footage of this game and it looks really fun to me.

Btw do you get a trophy for finishing the SP on hard?

Facism

[*]You actually have a chance to fight back if you're getting shot from behind - good amount of health per life, I'd say.

YES YES YES. Thread is massive, any impressions from KZ2 GAF from back in the day?

molnizzle

I'm no lover of Gies or Polygon... but damn, they were right on the money about that opening. Boring as hell with weird, janky transitions. I'm starting to dig the game more now that some of the mechanics are opening up but that first hour or so was a real snoozer.

Some random screens I took (let me know if you'd like screens of anything else):

Check out dat update feed =p

Menu1.png~original

Menu2.png~original

Menu3.png~original

Screen1.png~original

Screen2.png~original

boinx

I'm no lover of Gies or Polygon... but damn, they were right on the money about that opening. Boring as hell with weird, janky transitions. I'm starting to dig the game more now that some of the mechanics are opening up but that first hour or so was a real snoozer.

Yeah if i have one criticism of the game, it's the opening of the SP, that shit is just fucked. Guerilla ain't no storytellers let me tell you.

erawsd

I'll admit I was seriously considering sending this back to Amazon and picking up BF for my FPS fix. However, after reading the last 5 pages, I'm really excited to dive in and play the multiplayer.

boinx

But they sure know graphics. Opening looks spectacular.

For sure. All their games look spectacular. It's just a shame that they have built this cool universe but they haven't got a writer who could come up with even a half decent story. The SP portions of all the KZ games have usually been pretty fun to play through but the stories are always just bad.

derExperte

• When I saw one of the longer MP videos that's what immediately stood out. The FOV is just terrible, reminded me of Resistance 3. But it's better in single player, isn't it?

hort

Neo Member
been playing this off and on since I got home this morning, really liking the multiplayer so far but I have a couple of questions gaf!

what the fuck is a twin kill?? These fuckers pop up all the time for me.

is there voice chat in multiplayer? I've had my headset in this whole time but havn't heard anything....is there an option I missed or does it not have any?

add me if you want, PSN ID is aquagay

edit: yo, support with air drone is pretty baller. tried assualt with attack buddy but he seemed worthless, at least at a low level.

does getting air support drone mk 2 increase damage/life or just time out and recharge?

molnizzle

So people playing the game can confirm the the gfx-jump is good? Will I do Banderas reaction when I play the game for the first time?

Do you have a large, 1080p TV? If so, you're in for a real treat. I find myself running against every single wall/barrier/character model just to find the fuzzy textures. They're just not there. :D

On an unrelated note, I'm mighty impressed with remote play. Life changing feature for me, heh. I just wish Guerrilla had bothered to optimize the controls in Killzone. The rear touch pad needs to die in a fire.

For sure. All their games look spectacular. It's just a shame that they have built this cool universe but they haven't got a writer who could come up with even a half decent story. The SP portions of all the KZ games have usually been pretty fun to play through but the stories are always just bad.

Yeah, which is a bummer, because they have an awesome looking world to work with. It is the same issue I have with Crytek. Except the Crysis universe was effectively nerfed after the first game. Surely they get enough feedback to know they need to up their game in this respect. As I said, the premise of the plot is effectively 'The City and the City' by Cina Mieville, they could have taken some cues from there.

Two questions

1. How do you play multiplayer with friends? There's no party system that I saw.

2. Why are matches so small? I don't think I was in a game that had more than 7-8 players. Isn't 24 the limit?

Okay, 4 games is enough. Please get them a writer, Sony.

This seems to prevalent. In terms of art, visuals and cinematography games are doing incredible things, but writing has in many cases barely advanced an iota. In fact, I found plotting more ambitious in many of the games 15 years ago. Well, this is probably a similar trend in big budget films as well, but games need to break out.

hort

Neo Member
Two questions

1. How do you play multiplayer with friends? There's no party system that I saw.

2. Why are matches so small? I don't think I was in a game that had more than 7-8 players. Isn't 24 the limit?

all of the official warzones have a max of like 12 or 14 for some reasons, one of the others goes up to 18, 24 is supposed to be the limit...not sure why they chose 7v7 for classic warzone

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loving the impressions in here so far. I won't be able to play until 10 tonight since I have a late shift at work but it sounds good from what I'm reading here.

greenfish

Banned
Can someone who's a PC gamer post their impressions on the sp/mp graphics?

I'm not interested in reading any reviews since they are mostly writen by an audience that accepts hardware going stale for 8 years.

I want someone who demands an evolution every 3-4 years, not frigging 8 years.

So any PC gamers have have played killzone on ps4, how does it rank up to you ?

I bought Kzh 2-3 on ps3, and they looked bad in terms of raw graphics, massive blur to hide the awful 24 fps along with vaseline smeared on the lens.

Thanks

MDSLKTR

Can someone who's a PC gamer post their impressions on the sp/mp graphics?
Graphics are fucking tight. The art direction alone puts it above crysis 2 for me. The interiors details are also in metro 2033 territory. It's the first thing I'm playing atm and graphically for a "laptop cpu" and "two year old gpu" it's pure insanity. The character renders didn't lie, everything has so much detail even the damn carbon texture on the knife. Next gen is definitely here :)

The Goat

So far, the campaign is, not so good :/ That opening section is boring as hell. Like it's supposed to have some sort of tension, but there just isn't any.

Enemy ai on normal, leaves a lot to be desired. Seems mostly like the videos. I'll soldier on, and hope things get better.

TaKeRx

So far, the campaign is, not so good :/ That opening section is boring as hell. Like it's supposed to have some sort of tension, but there just isn't any.

Enemy ai on normal, leaves a lot to be desired. Seems mostly like the videos. I'll soldier on, and hope things get better.

I feel the same.. The only reason I'm playing SP is because my download is not done and MP is locked :\

Top Bottom