• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

For people that bought Shadow Fall AND Battlefield, what do you suggest I get? Probably not going to be playing single player on either so that doesn't matter. Both games look great. Hard to decide.

Violater

Sure if you ignore others people impressions.

Lets face it, we know the SP is not going to be stellar, the MP is where the fun is.
I found the SP for both KZ2 & 3 to be boring and not worth a second playthrough.
So I am going into this with low expectations, If I am pleasantly surprised then bonus.
Hopefully I will be able to play while downloading this later when my system arrives.

Can someone who's a PC gamer post their impressions on the sp/mp graphics?

I'm not interested in reading any reviews since they are mostly writen by an audience that accepts hardware going stale for 8 years.

I want someone who demands an evolution every 3-4 years, not frigging 8 years.

So any PC gamers have have played killzone on ps4, how does it rank up to you ?

I bought Kzh 2-3 on ps3, and they looked bad in terms of raw graphics, massive blur to hide the awful 24 fps along with vaseline smeared on the lens.

Thanks

Waiting for my PS4 now.. damn the UPS is taking forever!

I'll let you guys know my graphics impressions with respect to the PC soon after. I believe there will be a thread on this very topic come Monday.

I'm not interested in reading any reviews since they are mostly writen by an audience that accepts hardware going stale for 8 years.

I bought Kzh 2-3 on ps3, and they looked bad in terms of raw graphics, massive blur to hide the awful 24 fps along with vaseline smeared on the lens.

Thanks
It looks good but not like bf4 or crysis 3 on PC if that is what you mean

Thanks

I've played a small amount of multiplayer with bots (network was down), and there was nothing mindblowing in terms of graphics. It looks solid, but in my opinion doesn't even match Crysis 3 on medium settings at 60fps (which is about what my computer can handle). Some things look great like the lighting and some of the effects (grenades look great), but I was expecting more from other things like textures and animations. Still, it looks good overall. And yes, I realize single player looks better.

The map design in SP leaves much to be desired. Even in the open areas, it's not clear where you can traverse sometimes.

The MP is fun so far though. And that's where the staying power will be anyway.

patchday

So far, the campaign is, not so good :/ That opening section is boring as hell. Like it's supposed to have some sort of tension, but there just isn't any.

Enemy ai on normal, leaves a lot to be desired. Seems mostly like the videos. I'll soldier on, and hope things get better.

Are you talking bout the scene where the Father and the son are running for their lives?
How can you get more tense then that?

[edit] Can I place spoiler tags in this thread? If not I will remove my post

Joking right?

okay, maybe its not as clean as far as IQ and the environments are a little more static, and I did run BF4 campaign on Ultra at 60 frames...but you're extremely biased if you think the comparison is a joke. Im talking about the visual impact of both games, not technical bullet points and Shadow Fall is absolutely competitive

patchday

Well some people will feel KZ4 has the best graphics due to the unique shading and art style. I'm not going to pass judgement personally though since I need more time in SP/MP. Plus, waiting on my Occulus Rift to get here before I run through Crysis 3. All 3 games look awesome (BF4, KZ4, & Crysis 3) though based on vids & screens

Nah I said it looks good but not like bf4 or crisis 3. I've only played sp so far.

Outside the level with the aircraft carrier and that level with the tsunami weather effects, BF4 didnt drop my jaw or blow me away. Furthermore, the artistic style doesnt do it any favors. All I seem to remember is a sea of blue and grey occassionally broken up by grass or snow.

lemmykoopa

People who are not impressed by the AI should try playing on hard. I remember the AI in Killzone 2 and 3 was VERY good and dynamic when put on hard.

calder

Game is purty.

I foolishly jumped into multiplayer first. I quickly learned that the dark level b-roll MP trailer is dark as shit and that somehow half the people in my 'new players' match had completed dozens of challenges and apparently been playing the game for days already and my team was horrifically beaten. ;)

Also I'm bad at console shooters with no aim assist lol. FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA, I NEED MY CRUTCH! Maybe I'll try the campaign for now heh.

Valnen

Lots of health in multiplayer concerns me. Do enemies ever feel like bullet sponges? That was one of my biggest problems with games like Halo.

Remf

Downloading the firmware update then I'm hopping to mp so send me an invite. PSN is the same as the above username.

VanWinkle

The game is AWESOME so far, and the graphics are TRULY astonishing. I feel like I've grown a little cynical the past couple of days, but man I have been blown away.

Multiplayer looks incredible too, and the 60fps is great. Gives KZ a totally new feel, and the gunplay and responsiveness is top notch.

Violater

The game is AWESOME so far, and the graphics are TRULY astonishing. I feel like I've grown a little cynical the past couple of days, but man I have been blown away.

Multiplayer looks incredible too, and the 60fps is great. Gives KZ a totally new feel, and the gunplay and responsiveness is top notch.

How are the load times in SP and the hit detection in MP?

I'm enjoying the singleplayer, nothing great, but it is fun. Now multiplayer is where its at, it's a freaking blast so far. Haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game personally since Halo 2.

nib95

Banned
I'm enjoying the singleplayer, nothing great, but it is fun. Now multiplayer is where its at, it's a freaking blast so far. Haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game personally since Halo 2.

Aweosme. Impressions for the multiplayer have been 99% glowing so far. Even on the multiple streams yesterday I could see why. One of the guys trashed Knack and to a lesser extent Shadow Fall's SP campaign, but said the MP was some of the best he's played. It's such a shame so many of the reviews basically glossed over the MP and barely gave it much attention or focus at all.

Aweosme. Impressions for the multiplayer have been 99% glowing so far. Even on the multiple streams yesterday I could see why. One of the guys trashed Knack and to a lesser extent Shadow Fall's SP campaign, but said the MP was some of the best he's played. It's such a shame so many of the reviews basically glossed over the MP and barely gave it much attention or focus at all.

Yea that disappointed me in the reviews. What I like about the multiplayer is that it seems like it is very difficult to camp, just an example the penthouse map where you have to control a point, there are 4 different entrances to get in there. One is from the walking on the outside of the building and breaking the glass, another from the skylight above, two different doors to enter and also a breakable wall you can shatter to get in.

Game is purty.

I foolishly jumped into multiplayer first. I quickly learned that the dark level b-roll MP trailer is dark as shit and that somehow half the people in my 'new players' match had completed dozens of challenges and apparently been playing the game for days already and my team was horrifically beaten. ;)
A lot of games press are playing. I keep getting matched with KotakuCrecente.

Harder than Radec on elite? :>

Totally unrealistic fight. FFS, how many bullets can 1 body take. But actually getting to him was a giant pain in the ass. It felt great to finally kick his ass though. Just wish I had more time to play. I never got the Plat for that game because of that fkn 1% trophy. mrglglrlglglg.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm having audio issues. I've got a stereo setup but I think Killzone is trying to output everything in 5.1, so I'm missing my central channel. Anybody have any idea how I fix it so my PS4 outputs in stereo?

Edit: Nevermind, figured out my receiver had the wrong setup.

shinn623

Damn, these impressions are making it difficult to get through the work day. is there going to be GAF game going on tonight?

Feel free to add me, will be on tonight.

PSN: Heaven-Assassin1

patchday

This is why I already planned to buy this game way before the journalists even opened their mouths because I knew they'd botch up the articles. Now for a 100% single player game sure, maybe I will consider a couple of articles. But for a multiplayer game? Hell naw. I don't even bother reading them. I did read Destructiod's article for this game. But it played 0 weight into buying the game

Top Bottom