• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

X-Frame

Lots of health in multiplayer concerns me. Do enemies ever feel like bullet sponges? That was one of my biggest problems with games like Halo.

A lot of health is exactly what I want, to be more like KZ2. However, you can play in servers with less health, if you find one or start one. Though I feel like if anything, servers with the standard or even yet increased health will be more popular.

Aweosme. Impressions for the multiplayer have been 99% glowing so far. Even on the multiple streams yesterday I could see why. One of the guys trashed Knack and to a lesser extent Shadow Fall's SP campaign, but said the MP was some of the best he's played. It's such a shame so many of the reviews basically glossed over the MP and barely gave it much attention or focus at all.

Reviewers played MP for a few hours at a review event. They had to rush out their reviews to get clicks, so couldn't properly see the multiplayer once it was live. So it's no surprise.

so is MP running smoothly with no issues or disconnects like BF4 at the moment?
Not so far. Well, I had some disconnects on Thursday morning, but that was probably because like 10 people were online at the time.

Valnen

A lot of health is exactly what I want, to be more like KZ2. However, you can play in servers with less health, if you find one or start one. Though I feel like if anything, servers with the standard or even yet increased health will be more popular.

Bullet sponge multiplayer just isn't fun for me. If I shoot someone in the head they should die. Shouldn't take a ton of body shots to kill someone either.

Damn regretting renting this already if this is true. Glad I didn't buy it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Not enjoying the single player so far, the difficulty is all kinds of fucked up :/

nib95

Banned
Reviewers played MP for a few hours at a review event. They had to rush out their reviews to get clicks, so couldn't properly see the multiplayer once it was live. So it's no surprise.

So it's sort of Sony's fault then. Get the game out earlier next time so the developers have a chance with it. Based on the reception to Sony's games, as well as Call of Duty, evidently review events aren't actually that rewarding. Better to just send out the games via post and have it reviewed via the normal channels. 3 hours is not enough time to properly judge the multiplayer, and a short time constrained day or so isn't enough to judge a game fairly either.

MDSLKTR

The audio is so amazing and sounds so good trough my crap system. When I get my new speakers next month I expect to shit bricks with this and bf4

I'm at the train station, I do I get into the last train that's down and to the right? My owl won't make a zip line into the door.

Edit: aw there's a hatch

calder

I've long been framerate agnostic but I gotta say I sure noticed the smooth in my one MP match. And the campaign really, as a PS3 gamer I've long been used to games struggling to hit 30fps consistently I guess.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
The first time an audio log played through the speakers on the DS4 scared the crap out of me. The sound quality was good though,

Yeah, was playing at about 1 in the morning with headphones and hot damn I fucking jumped lol. I couldn't figure out how to get the audio logs to go through my headphones though.

Helscream

Banned
Oh my god dude seriously. My eyes are overloaded with all these high-res extra rice crispy treats textures. The image quality in multiplayer is INSANE.

So far the single player isn't bad but there aren't enough enough enemies to fight. It is like it needs about three times the amount of guy's to fight in the beginning. I hope they add more people to fight in a patch.

Can someone detail all the MP modes please?

I know what TDM, Beacon Retrieval, SnD Attack/Defend, and Capture and Hold are..

There doesn't seem to be assassination...

Mifune

Mehmber
Yeah, which is a bummer, because they have an awesome looking world to work with. It is the same issue I have with Crytek. Except the Crysis universe was effectively nerfed after the first game. Surely they get enough feedback to know they need to up their game in this respect. As I said, the premise of the plot is effectively 'The City and the City' by Cina Mieville, they could have taken some cues from there.

I've seen you mention the book twice and now I just have to wonder if we read a different book. Aside from the idea of two cities, the plots have nothing in common. This game's story has more in common with, say, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold than Mieville's book.

Dig the reference, though, even if I don't agree with it.

ClearData

Thank you so much guys

That dummy Gies and Parish (I respect Jeremy though) were giving me cold feet with their reviews but I trust Gaf more than any reviewer. Reading your positive feedback convinced me to keep the game instead of switching it out for another title.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Thank you so much guys

That dummy Gies and Parish (I respect Jeremy though) were giving me cold feet with their reviews but I trust Gaf more than any reviewer. Reading your positive feedback convinced me to keep the game instead of switching it out for another title.

I'm actually leaning more towards Gies and Parish regarding this game, which is kind of pissing me off.

Some multiplayer comments.

Enjoy the feel and weight, can't stop enjoying the view.
I really hate how hard it is to tell teammates and enemies apart.

Is there any party system.. at all? Or is it just try to join a friend match? Because if so that's really disappointing

viveks86

Some multiplayer comments.

Enjoy the feel and weight, can't stop enjoying the view.
I really hate how hard it is to tell teammates and enemies apart.

Is there any party system.. at all? Or is it just try to join a friend match? Because if so that's really disappointing

Steven ter Heide ‏@StevenTerHeide1 5 Nov
@eon_MrViCe yes we support parties

Kristan ViCe Charles ‏@eon_MrViCe 7h
@StevenTerHeide1 been askin and ppl sayin only way to play with friends is join their game no way to group up then all join together?

Steven ter Heide ‏@StevenTerHeide1 5h
@eon_MrViCe you can make a party and join a game as a group
5:43 AM - 15 Nov 13 · Details

Don't ask me how. I'm still waiting for my delivery. :)

even in SP

My experience with the SP framerate last night was that it was around 30 fps or sometimes less. Honestly felt a little choppy to me but I've been playing a lot of PC games lately.

Graphics are definitely improved from PS3 but I wasn't exactly impressed with them. It's a launch game, tho.

Haven't played multi yet, but I probably won't spend much time there.

Have you looked down at your feet while you walk around in SP? Your legs seem a little crazy.

Top Bottom