• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but...I know the game installs in the background while you play. Is there a way to check the progress? I was thinking I'll just leave it on the title screen/intro while it installs. Or is the frame rate fine while installing?

viveks86

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but...I know the game installs in the background while you play. Is there a way to check the progress? I was thinking I'll just leave it on the title screen/intro while it installs. Or is the frame rate fine while installing?

AFAIK, the only thing that is affected is the load time. You should be able to play without issues

WTF is up with the checkpoint system. I was almost done with a section last night, stopped. Now it loads me up at the very start of it with nothing I did saved.

I'll be playing tonight (in about 6 hours) if anyone wants to play together.
Should be great to get a group of GAFers together.

PSN: kilgoreisdead

All hail the shotgun! (I got 5 kills one right after another my last game. Enemy decided to run together, and not turn around. It was glorious.)

I kinda miss the old KZ2 classes. Was hoping to be a Saboteur or whatever it was that could impersonate people. Does anyone know if there is any ability to do that?

VanWinkle

Bear in mind Facebook compression, but...dat fallen tree texture quality.

ibawZz5RygcU1Q.jpg

Bear in mind Facebook compression, but...dat fallen tree texture quality.

ibawZz5RygcU1Q.jpg

Hooooly fucking shit. Ok, I LITERALLY just walked in my front door with my PS4 and Killzone in hand. Gonna set this thing up right now then check out some Killzone MP!

SEN - coolbluehalo - EST (Mississauga)

I just loaded up my KZ about 10 minutes ago. I'm an avid PC gamer and was very skeptical of this game even coming close to BF4, Metro, or Crysis 3. I was wrong. In just the 5 minutes I have played this game.. it is truly a next-gen title rivaling the best of the PC games. I'm very impressed with the visuals. Good job GG!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just loaded up my KZ about 10 minutes ago. I'm an avid PC gamer and was very skeptical of this game even coming close to BF4, Metro, or Crysis 3. I was wrong. In just the 5 minutes I have played this game.. it is truly a next-gen title rivaling the best of the PC games. I'm very impressed with it. Good job GG!
Coming from you this bodes pretty well.

reKon

Banned
I just loaded up my KZ about 10 minutes ago. I'm an avid PC gamer and was very skeptical of this game even coming close to BF4, Metro, or Crysis 3. I was wrong. In just the 5 minutes I have played this game.. it is truly a next-gen title rivaling the best of the PC games. I'm very impressed with the visuals. Good job GG!

damn, this is coming from VFX too...

Aweosme. Impressions for the multiplayer have been 99% glowing so far. Even on the multiple streams yesterday I could see why. One of the guys trashed Knack and to a lesser extent Shadow Fall's SP campaign, but said the MP was some of the best he's played. It's such a shame so many of the reviews basically glossed over the MP and barely gave it much attention or focus at all.

Game Informer delayed their review so they could take the multiplayer into account. Although it's also worth nothing that Dan (the person reviewing it) also loved the single player. He said that he liked it more than the original Resistance campaign, which he was also a big fan of.

wut, is this real life

i loft the soft look to the game. I mean the IQ is sharp but the lighting has this soft look to it

The multiplayer is so weighty. I love it.

Some multiplayer comments.

Enjoy the feel and weight, can't stop enjoying the view.
I really hate how hard it is to tell teammates and enemies apart.

Is there any party system.. at all? Or is it just try to join a friend match? Because if so that's really disappointing

What do you guy's mean exactly? Input delay or animation and movement speed

X-Frame

The mixed impressions of the SP is making me want to skip it for now and jump right into MP, but I feel if I do that, I'll never play the SP once I've started MP, not sure what to do.

At the very least, I suppose I could save the SP for if/when the MP servers are being hammered or down.

Jarate

Banned
My PSN is MC_Giygas, I wanna play with people that aren't stupid and actually go onto points, are we going to be playing tonight by any chance?

Jarate

Banned
For the people worried about the campaign, it's good enough to move you forward, but it's more of a b-story then it is an actual good story. It has great mechanics, and the shooting is fun, it's just they goofed up facial animations and the story doesn't really make sense

It's a fun shooter, if you can laugh at the game's bad presentation, then you'll have fun. saying the campaign is an 8/10 isn't a knock on the game, because hey, I enjoyed it personally

but if you're the type of guy that doesn't find b-movies funny, you'll probably want to skip it

For the people worried about the campaign, it's good enough to move you forward, but it's more of a b-story then it is an actual good story. It has great mechanics, and the shooting is fun, it's just they goofed up facial animations and the story doesn't really make sense

It's a fun shooter, if you can laugh at the game's bad presentation, then you'll have fun. saying the campaign is an 8/10 isn't a knock on the game, because hey, I enjoyed it personally

but if you're the type of guy that doesn't find b-movies funny, you'll probably want to skip it

Well said. I think I'll enjoy it, since I did enjoy both KZ2 and 3.

Vandiger

Someone tell me the campaign is awesome........someone :(

Honestly, I have played all KZ games, campaign/SP is pretty much average to poor if you are comparing it to stuff like Bioshock/Deus EX/Dishonored/Far Cry. The best single player killzone game is on the PSP, Liberation.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Sorry if asked before, I haven't gotten my PS4 yet, but can you disable the HUD in this one?

Alright, playing the campaign right now, how in the world do I get to those AA Guns on top of the dam or something? I have no idea where to go, lol.

highrider

Banned
Quick impressions on the single player.. Man, beautiful, beautiful visuals. The story is ok but nothing special. I could see this being very replayable. It's very much a Crysis vibe for me, which is a good thing. The owl is dope.

MazeHaze

Banned
Alright, playing the campaign right now, how in the world do I get to those AA Guns on top of the dam or something? I have no idea where to go, lol.
right after you cross the bridge toward where the smoke is, turn left towards the damn. you kind of climb up the cliff there. took me a minute to figure out too.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Playing the SP on easy, it's much more fun now(but maybe a little bit too easy). GG have a fucked up definition of "Normal" :/

Coming from you... that's one huge ass compliment.

TEH-CJ

Banned
thanks for the impressions guys...

and here I was expecting the next halo...stupid me :(

maybe guerrilla just isn't capable of making an awesome campaign with a compelling story?

I still consider halo ce and reach my favorite first person shooters and I kind of had faith guerrilla would atleast reach halo reach in terms of quality...but they keep letting me down.

Top Bottom