• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

jadedm17

This game is horrible. Looks pretty, but horrible.

Unplugging and re-plugging things in elsewhere isn't my idea of fun.

Also, I'm on Chapter 4 and think the scientist should be caught and the guy who went "I knew they'd attack on our soil!" is the one who planted the bomb on the building : He seems all too damn happy about it all. If he didn't he's just a paranoid crazy who's been vindicated in his craziness. I don't know which is worse.
Note : I haven't played any other killzones.
Other note : How do I just play deathmath in MP? I don't want objective.

Can anyone share some thoughts on whether Battlefield or Killzone is the better multiplayer game? About to buy one of them on PSN. Still undecided...

Battlefield easily - it doesn't play as silky smooth as Call of Duty does, but its damn fun.
Killzone I can't even figure out how to play TDM. Its fun, but seems slower paced from my brief experience, and not near as many "HOLY CRAP!" moments.

thanks for the impressions guys...

and here I was expecting the next halo...stupid me :(

maybe guerrilla just isn't capable of making an awesome campaign with a compelling story?

I still consider halo ce and reach my favorite first person shooters and I kind of had faith guerrilla would atleast reach halo reach in terms of quality...but they keep letting me down.
well tbh, halo campaign isnt that great either

Campaign feels on par as the previous Killzone games, nothing amazing and nothing really bad. It's typical shooter fare which is the same thing I'm getting from CoD and BF4 sp offerings. FPS over saturation no doubt , but I wouldn't say it's bad at all.

MP seems great so far

TargetDummy81

Neo Member
Can anyone share some thoughts on whether Battlefield or Killzone is the better multiplayer game? About to buy one of them on PSN. Still undecided...

It just depends on what you think you would prefer.

If you prefer smaller scaled battles in a traditional style then Killzone fits that mold with challenges to complete in order to unlock things. It also changes the task to complete in the given multiplayer round.

BF4 is more larger scale battles across giant maps with vehicles to utilize. Along with squad based combat for the ground troops. Has a bigger potential for holy crap moments considering the sheer number of team sizes and all those players in vehicles. lol

No Love

Banned
I just loaded up my KZ about 10 minutes ago. I'm an avid PC gamer and was very skeptical of this game even coming close to BF4, Metro, or Crysis 3. I was wrong. In just the 5 minutes I have played this game.. it is truly a next-gen title rivaling the best of the PC games. I'm very impressed with the visuals. Good job GG!

You fed yourself crow. Good job sir.

There will be much more crow fed to the rest of the KZ doubters. Guerrilla knocked this one out of the park, and this is coming from someone who plays almost all his PC games at 4K.

KZ has impressed me more than Crysis 3 maxed out at 4K. God damn I can't wait to see what these guys do next.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
So have some of the issues with KZ3 multiplayer been alleviated? People camping on static spawn points, points galore for doing nothing related to the objective, overpowered sniper class attributes etc. etc. etc.

patchday

thanks for the impressions guys...

and here I was expecting the next halo...stupid me :(

maybe guerrilla just isn't capable of making an awesome campaign with a compelling story?

I still consider halo ce and reach my favorite first person shooters and I kind of had faith guerrilla would atleast reach halo reach in terms of quality...but they keep letting me down.

You came to this decision based purely on other people's opinions? Why don't you play the game yourself then decide? Or am I just being a bit old fashioned?

What's with the limited players? Watching streams and Warzones seem so empty.

Are servers not filling up, or are the max players capped really low?

I want to see some full 24 player Warzone with some decent teamwork :/

Anyone want to please tell me the Warzone modes? I'm aware of the original 5 from KZ2, but what else is there?

How does the lobby look? What are the top promoted custom Warzones?

Also, how deep is the stat tracking? Is it awesome like KZ2? What's under the "Team Results" in the post-game screen?

TEH-CJ

Banned
You fed yourself crow. Good job sir.

There will be much more crow fed to the rest of the KZ doubters. Guerrilla knocked this one out of the park, and this is coming from someone who plays almost all his PC games at 4K.

KZ has impressed me more than Crysis 3 maxed out at 4K. God damn I can't wait to see what these guys do next.

they have knocked it out of the park in terns of graphics, but what about gameplay?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Did they remove FXAA? From that one screen it almost seems like the game is slightly more aliased than some of the screens we got last week would suggest, but it also doesn't seem to have any of the texture sharpness loss that's associated with FXAA use.

patchday

Game Informer delayed their review so they could take the multiplayer into account. Although it's also worth nothing that Dan (the person reviewing it) also loved the single player. He said that he liked it more than the original Resistance campaign, which he was also a big fan of.

Sounds like a journalist with some very good professional integrity. I'd be interested in reading an article handled professionally like that

I'm going to eat some pizza and then come back to this game. I hope the enemy count ramps up. It just weirds me out that they can design such excellent gunplay but leave out the high kill count. The game is named Killzone, afterall. I should be mowing through nothing but meat, basically. I'm in the forest level and it isn't challenging.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not understanding the reviews. David Estes* is great in this, and the VA for Lucas does a really good job. No this isn't going to set the FPS world on fire, but as a launch title if you're looking for a bit more with your MP, it exists.

And yes. . .god damn does this game look good. I'm stunned to be honest. Game journalists severely underhyped how pretty this thing is. That first flyover of the city? Come on.

-PXG-

The critics can go fuck their jaded, contrarian ass selves. This game is good. Damn good. Hell, even Knack is solid too.

What the hell is wrong with them?

reKon

Banned
you guys need to give MP some time. People like me haven't even gotten to hook up their PS4s yet or play any games (leaving work soon). Killzone MP should be legit for sure in a couple of weeks.

grumble

they have knocked it out of the park in terns of graphics, but what about gameplay?

Guerilla does seem like they've got great programmers, good artists and so-so game designers and writers. Sony should offer some guidance, they've had three chances.

Fezan

Guerilla does seem like they've got great programmers, good artists and so-so game designers and writers. Sony should offer some guidance, they've had three chances.

If any thing GG has great designers. just don't have a coherent vision as to where they want to take series next

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Someone tell me the campaign is awesome........someone :(

It's passable if you play on easy, frustrating if you play on normal(and I'm guessing just plain out maddening if you play on hard).

The problem is the directors and writers at GG just absolutely suck. It's a shame such talented artists are being wasted on shitty cliche stories because the game looks phenomenal.

greenfish

Banned
Honestly wth?

I expect it some difference.

But framerate issues in a game when it's locked to 30fps? I'm getting tired of these 30fps locks on console, they never work. By that I mean they are always dipping. I expected a LOT more from ps4 even though it's an underclock 7850/netbook CPU.

So many users are complaining about noticeable FPS issues in sp. I'm a PC gamer so I don't care for MP (controller) but I did look forward to sp. But I hate frame rate issues, especially WHEN THE CONSOLE JUST LAUNCHED. THey had 4 years on this game.

Sorry for rant....

Thanks to all of you who responded so fast to my request!

Did anyone DL the game from the store?

I did this morning. I got the first level downloaded and installed, I then played the first level but then I started getting network errors so I didnt get to download the rest before work. Hopefully it will be downloaded for me once I get home. I left my PS4 in standby mode all day.

So I've managed to get AC4 working thus far, but I'm having absolutely no luck with Killzone. After downloading the update, it's hanging at the black screen with white logo, then boots me back out with error CE-34878-0. Anyone else having this issue?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't sign into PSN and I'm not all that interested in single player, so I'm just playing MP against bots. Loading times are pretty slow, but I'm not sure if the game has finished installing.

Honestly wth?

I expect it some difference.

But framerate issues in a game when it's locked to 30fps? I'm getting tired of these 30fps locks on console, they never work. By that I mean they are always dipping. I expected a LOT more from ps4 even though it's an underclock 7850/netbook CPU.

So many users are complaining about noticeable FPS issues in sp. I'm a PC gamer so I don't care for MP (controller) but I did look forward to sp. But I hate frame rate issues, especially WHEN THE CONSOLE JUST LAUNCHED. THey had 4 years on this game.

Sorry for rant....

Thanks to all of you who responded so fast to my request!

The game is not lock at 30fps , it's has a variable frame rate of 30fps plus .

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Movement speed in this game is so slow. Is it different by class?

Ricker

Meh,this game is kinda hard even on normal and the find the alarm to disable reinforcements is a pain in the ass,so many ennemies already and the checkpoints suck,too far apart...not the game to get use to a new controller as well...guess I will try Contrast for a while and come back to this later because for now I am getting mauled(single player).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is this your first Killzone? Weighty movements in Killzone is probably a staple for the series :p
Yeah, I've only played about an hour of KZ2 before this. I'm cool with weighty movement (I think Halo 4 nailed that), but this just so slowwww, especially considering so many people will be using automatic rifles. But oh well, I'll deal with it. I'm sure I'll like the game despite this.

Top Bottom