• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This game looks and sounds amazing. So good. Everything. Getting used to openness, but man I am having a blast. Just hope there's a big scale war moment.... though the leisure pace is a nice change from something like COD

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just finished the mission where I jumped into the dropship. Now I'm in some outer space gravity mission. So far, the game has been booooring, and I'm a massive fan of KZ2 and KZ3. But here, I always feel lost and there's just too many commands to issue and shit to do to make it past a level.

Someone please tell me the pace picks up and evens itself out.

Yet people keep posting they are unimpressed with the graphics... can't wait to get home from work and see for myself.

how can ppl not be impressed with the graphics. the IQ, 60 fps and all this crap exploding and particle effects. it looks amazing

It just depends:

If all you've played is PS3 and 360, you probably WILL be amazed. If you have a good gaming PC then these graphics are what you were already playing so it's simply not as impressive. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great looking game, but it doesn't blow my mind. If the campaign framerate were better I'd probably be more impressed.

I think it's pretty damn good for a killzone game so far. the open level is really cool and the touch pad is great for controlling the owl. Killzone has evolved. step above halo, COD and the rest of them now and more like crysis 1 now. gameplay wise at least. storywise it's decent but nothing special

Linconan

The critics can go fuck their jaded, contrarian ass selves. This game is good. Damn good. Hell, even Knack is solid too.

What the hell is wrong with them?

They're probably not in it solely for gaming anymore. What's in it for themselves, media spotlight, pleasing others, looking for handouts, etc, etc
Not suggesting they're all are like that. lol
It's like some people working at a Gaming store and know nothing about their product they're selling. And, they've only got the job because of a piece of paper, stating they're qualified.

I'll always take a Gamers Review, Opinion, on a forum more so than normal reviewers. As long as, his, primary focus isn't on Resolution.

I can't wait till more Gamers start flooding in with their opinions.
Especially Knack.
I have kids and it should be good for them. And truth be told, i'm alittle interested aswell.
But i'm getting turned off from Reviewers cause lately they seem to be expecting more from Games, than just, a Game.

Can't wait till Killzone, it looks sweet and looks like it plays sweet.
I can't wait to see how this one's gunna play out in the Story. Trying to distance myself from hard spoilers etc,lol

And, it'll be a great showcase to my mates who are still on the fence about Next Gen. lol

*sigh... i better stop now. I'm rambling on. lol
Bring on the 29th!!!!

Yet people keep posting they are unimpressed with the graphics... can't wait to get home from work and see for myself.

Gotta be the PC crowd, mostly. I think people coming from 100% PS360 background are floored, PC folk not so much as they're pretty used to it already. I expect to be pretty floored myself being almost exclusively PS3 this gen.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This game looks and sounds amazing. So good. Everything. Getting used to openness, but man I am having a blast. Just hope there's a big scale war moment.... though the leisure pace is a nice change from something like COD

I hope there are massive scale war missions as well..

I haven't been reading this thread - what's the consensus amongst people here who've actually put some time into the game? I really don't trust the gaming press where Shadow Fall is concerned, at all.

Ryu751

Banned
I got to play a couple matches online. Didn't realize the download was so big. I played single player three hours and it just finished. The single player is Amazing. It is an adventure with shooting not just an action movie. You have to actually figure out were to go and look around. I can see people hating this game because of that. It took me a level to realize it's not just one big turkey shoot being led by the balls. Great game so far I could not be happier.

Ricker

This is my launch game but I've never played a killzone game before. Am I gonna be lost?

You will die a lot at first,until you get use to the controls,the touchpad and the checkpoints and finding those alarm that you need to disable with the little flying thing...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Got to play a 1 warzone session today. All in all I didn't do as bad as I thought ended up 12-14 with a bunch of objective points. I don't play shooters much anymore but I'm positive this will be sooo awesome playing with a group of gaffers.

I like play as part of a team much more than going lone wolf. I hope to get some matches in with KZ-GAF this weekend.

Some real flaws in this one, the beacon mechanic SUCKS, it's hard to find, and they're is usually too many enemies to fight at once to stop at least one guy from getting it to call for help. In addition the enemies shoot with 100% accuracy as soon as they see you, run into more than two they'll be pummeling you with bullets instantly in one overwhelming shootout.
Where are the screenshots?!
Press that goddamn Share button already.
Doesn't work right now for me.

Paertan

The impressions of the Multiplayer sounds just like what I wanted to hear. Absolutely LOVED Killzone 2. Unless you all change your opinions before EU release I am gonna try and get one day 1.
It will propably be KillzoneStation for a while xD I mostly game on PC these days.

greenfish

Banned
Gotta be the PC crowd, mostly. I think people coming from 100% PS360 background are floored, PC folk not so much as they're pretty used to it already. I expect to be pretty floored myself being almost exclusively PS3 this gen.

Well wouldn't you be suprised if you had stayed on 2005 PC hardware and then voila 2012?

But I still expected more. Don't tell me they are planning to hold ps4 in a cave for the next decade like ps3? They should really get a new console out in MAX 4 years or 5.

I will try the ps4+game at a local gamestop. But I honestly expect bf 4/crysis 3/metro graphics. Otherwise they are a generation behind already. They don't have to be on ultra LOL but at least, AT LEAST high details in my humble opinon

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The plot of the game makes absolutely no sense. At the end of KZ3, Helghan is utterly decimated. So where is the leverage coming from that would make the Vektans just give up half of their country? On top of that, why would any truce allow Helghast to remain MILITARIZED? And why would any third-party enforced truce not ensure safe passage over the wall?

It's a game so I really don't give a shit but it makes NO SENSE

EagleEyes

Enjoying the game so far but you can tell its a launch title much like how I felt when I played Resistance at the PS3 launch. It seems a little rough around the edges when it comes to editing between cutscenes and gameplay. The very first mission is a classic example of just dropping you in the level without actually showing you how you got there. A little better transition between the two would have gone a long way for me personally. Still, it has great graphics and the framerate is mostly solid with just a little judder here and there because of the unlocked framerate. Solid game so far but not very far into it yet.

The plot of the game makes absolutely no sense. At the end of KZ3, Helghan is utterly decimated. So where is the leverage coming from that would make the Vektans just give up half of their country? On top of that, why would any truce allow Helghast to remain MILITARIZED? And why would any third-party enforced truce not ensure safe passage over the wall?

confused me too when the Helghast was just killing the Vektan refugees for no absolute reason

without Vekta saying WTF

Redmoon

First fps on a console for me.... doing quite bad against easy bots:(.
any tips? :p

Love the map designs though. Kinda wanna jump off and land into that city down below on some of them.

demolitio

That's what I don't get? Random charity AND you allow them to keep their bullshit? I just don't get why they would and then let it get that way.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

I was thinking about this too, to be honest.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The overcharge on the tactical echo is a really good idea. Still don't like the ability being in multiplayer, though.

Lack of images/gifs is disappointing in this thread. Come on guys post some new images from play through (no spoilers of course) :)

Some quick screens I just took:

KZ1.png~original

KZ2.png~original

KZ3.png~original

_Isaac

I was thinking the same thing. I guess a lot can happen in 30 years.

Wasn't the truce brokered by Earth? Neither side really gave up, they just negotiated a cease fire. Don't think the Helghast was considered the loser and forced into anything, there was no surrender, they just ended hostilities and part of the truce involved the helghast being allowed to live on the planet. Of course it was 30 years ago, perhaps at first it was all nice and colonization, but the industrialized helghans quickly built up arms once again.

Not sure if its mentioned at all in any of the games, but the Vektan army answer to a higher power who have the ability to decimate them and the Helghans if necessary, if I recall. Have vague memories of the Vektan army being just a branch of the ISA. No idea why they'd allow the Helghast to remain militarised though

I got to say the game looks lovely

the jumping animation and the main protagonist shadow is great....

if only I could get this firmware patch to work and for the PSN to comeback online I would be playing the MP

T-T

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The critics can go fuck their jaded, contrarian ass selves. This game is good. Damn good. Hell, even Knack is solid too.

What the hell is wrong with them?

Playing a game on Easy, not playing the previous games to understand the story (it seems that some people might be lost according to Jim Sterling's review), playing MP too little (a multiplayer game shouldn't be reviewed by 3 HOURS of gameplay alone), and of course: having the need to get the reviews as soon as possible rather than be an actual journalist and wait.

And that's only what I can think of right now, I could talk case on case stuff, but that's what I think about certain reviewers and might not be objective.

Crisium

Ugh, how low is the horizontal FOV in this game? I almost get sick watching videos of it.

I never had a problem with KZ3, is it lesser in this game, or has playing BF4 at 95 degrees on PC gotten me too used to superior standards?

Hawk269

Loving the game so far and think that the visuals are very good. But I was a little disappointed when I first got into that forest level and it had a bit of a blurry look to it like it was using FXAA heavily or something. There are portions, where it looks cleaner and at those times it is just amazing looking.

Overall, very happy with the game!

Quick question, in the first reveal there was this animation where the Shadow Marshal did a death from above on a guard then threw the knife on another one, kinda similar to Far Cry 3, Is that feature still in there ?!, is it as useable as in Far Cry 3 or is it very limited or something ?!

Recent;y got an 88MB update, don't know what it does but I can't see why we don't have patch notes in the UI for net gen.
Quick question, in the first reveal there was this animation where the Shadow Marshal did a death from above on a guard then threw the knife on another one, kinda similar to Far Cry 3, Is that feature still in there ?!, is it as useable as in Far Cry 3 or is it very limited or something ?!
It's still in and always available after melee kills.

Top Bottom