• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

GG should hire Amy Henning or Neil Druckmann from ND to write their stories.
For me the gameplay is great when you get use to it

The story has some potential so far... But they need better actors,

Echo is holding the thing together when it comes to acting... While Sinliar sounds like he is whispering a speech every time

If they would flip around the chapters a little bit
and shorten some cutscenes so they would intertwin smoothly then they would of haves a more tight experience

Not done yet... and sadly I have to start over again when I finally patched the system but the game is not bad

Gives me a old school shooter vibe... Not the linear AAA holding your hand through SP Shooters we are now accustomed too

Oh and they need to make the objective markers a little bit more visible

When you first boot up this game it gives you an option to adjust the screen size right??
I beleive I accidently clicked through it without actually adjusting my screen size and I can't find a way to go back to it. Any tips or help would be appreciated

Gaaaaaawd. I can't wait to play this. I'll be FURIOUS if my amazon ordered console arrives as a brick. I have such shitty luck with this stuff.

johntown

Banned
The MP is great but as others have said the voice director for Warzone is kinda bland. It was a bit overwhelming at first by having all the guns and abilities from the start. I started off in the new recruits and the worked my way to Warzone after I felt more comfortable.

Considering I have never played a MP shooter at a steady 60fps the movement takes a little getting used to too. However, after playing that way I cannot go back.

I really miss the Infitrator class. I loved being able to disguise myself as the opposing team. I actually prefer the Support class in this.

Overall the MP is superb but takes some time to get used to.

Is it something in my settings but I don't hear anybody talking and I plugged in the default headset they provide and still heard no one? Is it just through party chat or did I miss something?

SP is what anyone should expect from a typical FPS. Terrible story but not bad if you go in not expecting much from it.

patchday

Anyone knows how to restart the campaign on Killzone 4? I make one wrong move and get gang banged by like 50 enemies :( Want to restart on EASY so bad...

torontoml

Anyone have any direct screens of chapter 3? I would like to use them to calibrate my TV picture so that I get the look I'm supposed to have. Want to make sure I'm not missing details or making it brighter than it should be.

nib95

Banned
Anyone have any direct screens of chapter 3? I would like to use them to calibrate my TV picture so that I get the look I'm supposed to have. Want to make sure I'm not missing details or making it brighter than it should be.

Is your monitor of laptop screen calibrated? If not it won't be a good reference point. What TV do you have?

conweller

Neo Member
GG said that the game would have color blind mode, but I can't find it for the life of me. Did they just not get the feature in, in time? It's a real shame, multiplayer is a ton of fun when I guess correctly.

I find the game to be straight up cheap at times. Too many occasions where you walk out in the open, and Helghast are spawned coming from multiple directions. Almost an instant kill for them.

Raven77

Why does my rain look like the white streaky PS2 era stuff?

I thought I saw in one of the tech trailers that they fixed it???

e_i

I really wish you can make the objective popup/marker bigger. On my 22" 1080p TV it's way too small to see.

Just completed the story. Campaign wasn't that good with the better missions being the first few. Great graphics but I play KZ for the MP anyways. Some of the SP missions had parts that were downright frustrating; GG really needs to stick to guns in their KZs; they always do a disservice to the franchise when they try to branch out (thers is a falling section towards the end that made me want to fling my controller; WTF GG.)

I want to play a SnD mode with no respawns, COD style. Or maybe with the ability to revive just once. Turn off any wallhacks, maybe the sniper ability too, turn off HUD. Just a sweet, tense round of SnD.

Apath

Anyone know how to cancel the audiolog once you pick it up? It is seriously fucking annoying how loud and long they are when Im playing with a mute TV.

potam

Banned
How have you guys found the input lag to be? I get noticeable, but not horrible, input lag on SP, but I'm thinking it may be my TV (ST60).

Multiplayer is really, really, really, really, REALLY fun. I put about 6 hours in today with only a few connection errors that kicked me out of a lobby after a match, but no real major issues. The framerate is fairly smooth much of the time, the hit detection feels spot on most of the time, lack of aim-assist really makes some skirmishes come to life, and the graphics are INCREDIBLE. The maps have some great chokepoints and a ton of flanking routes for most major areas. Weapons feel mostly balanced right now, and I've been killed with a variety of different types of weapons. Even with the default 7 v 7 in the standard Warzones list the matches can get crazy. 12 v 12 would be an amazing meat grinder on some of these maps.

Ughhhhhh, I was on earlier but I never even checked my friends list I was so focused :X

If you're on tomorrow I'll squad up and test the party stuff.

This, this, this, this, fucking this. MP is fucking unreal. So beautiful, so smooth, so..... fun! I was in the middle of advancing the SP campaign last night but wanted to show off MP to a friend that came over. I ended up playing the rest of the night after they left!

johntown

Banned
Quoting myself again from few pages back. I need an answer please.
I am curious about MP chat too. I am thinking it either has not been implemented or they want you to use party chat.

If you want to see if party chat at least works feel free to add me. I will be on in an hour or two. PSN is my name.

The game looks gorgeous. I've only played a little, but I'm getting the feeling that once again, GG has gone with a fantastic premise and an actually shitty story. Like always. Like every goddamn time.

Also, when you first start out, why... would they drop you inside the building, but leave your weapons and ammo scattered outside. Why not just give it to you. It doesn't make any logical sense, especially since your OWL thing is stealthy as fuck.

I just... I dunno.

But hey, looks pretty. I hope the battles are fun. Like I said, I just played a little bit.

GG always misses the mark with their sp campaigns. Lot of bad story choices, odd directing, and uneven pacing/encounter design. There is a cool premise and all the tech of Shadow Fall setting, but they end up just no delivering in other areas.

They make fun MP shooter though.

I asked this before without answer...I have the shadow pack preorder bonus, and I input the code into the PS Store to get the OWL skins and multiplayer move. It was supposed to come with the game's official soundtrack, but I have no idea how to go about getting it. Didn't download in the list of stuff, and I didn't get a physical disc from Amazon with the soundtrack.

Anyone manage to find it? Would really love giving the soundtrack a spin, some awesome stuff in there.

Izayoi

Banned
The best Killzone game BY FAR.

The campaign is pretty awesome so far (despite the admittedly slow start), and multiplayer runs like a dream.

My mission is bugged.

At the beginning after you
rescue the crash survivors and plant c4 on the aa guns, it says to get back to the armory.

When I get there the market says to go to a control panel. I stand in front of it and nothing happens. Tried talking to the soldiers outside and ran around the entire map a few times. No dice. Went on top of the armory too.

Any ideas?

Ricker

Can anyone explain the autosave system? When I stop the game and restart, I seem to lose a lot of progress.

Laziness ?...I have no clue why they did that(time consuming ? or they figured people can pause the game with PS button and come back later..? if you do that and go in stanby mode,will it be back where you paused it...?

Anyway it sucks but once you know it does that,it's less frustrating I guess...

The MP is so good; you can really tell they brought back the guy from KZ2's MP. I'm surprised at how well I'm doing since the maps are new to me. I guess my 700+ hours in KZ carries over into the mechanics of it all; I do miss the M4 though as I am a shotty player so that always covered my distance shots.

Ricker

Anyone know how to cancel the audiolog once you pick it up? It is seriously fucking annoying how loud and long they are when Im playing with a mute TV.

Not sure but you can lower the controller speaker out of the game in one of the system settings I believe...yeah some are fine but there is one with a family and a kid and a guy turning into somekind of zombie that's yelling....I was happy when it stopped.

Apath

Not sure but you can lower the controller speaker out of the game in one of the system settings I believe...yeah some are fine but there is one with a family and a kid and a guy turning into somekind of zombie that's yelling....I was happy when it stopped.
That's exactly the one that prompted me to post here. It was annoying and went on way too long.

j-wood

I'm trying to figure out if this is a graphical feature or if maybe something is wrong with my tv/ps4.

Anytime your in a building and have a light shaft, does anyone else have like white dots/particles floating around? They aren't static and do seem to be moving...i'm just trying to figure out if that's emulating dust or if it's artifacting or something.

coldfoot

Banned
My mission is bugged.

At the beginning after you
rescue the crash survivors and plant c4 on the aa guns, it says to get back to the armory.

When I get there the market says to go to a control panel. I stand in front of it and nothing happens. Tried talking to the soldiers outside and ran around the entire map a few times. No dice. Went on top of the armory too.

Any ideas?

You need to order your OWL to hack it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm trying to figure out if this is a graphical feature or if maybe something is wrong with my tv/ps4.

Anytime your in a building and have a light shaft, does anyone else have like white dots/particles floating around? They aren't static and do seem to be moving...i'm just trying to figure out if that's emulating dust or if it's artifacting or something.

That's dust.

Guys, anyone else having issues with downloading MP portion of the game?
Mine hasn't done it since last night when I tried to play it. The time remaining is stuck and won't move.

jwbrown77

I'm in the jungle near the beginning of the game and there's a billion enemies. Way too many for me to handle.

It keeps saying disarm alarms, and I did for the one near the wrecked ship, but I don't see the others.

Either I'm just not getting it or this is so hard. Probably just me, I suck at FPS.

Anyone have tips?

Izayoi

Banned
I'm in the jungle near the beginning of the game and there's a billion enemies. Way too many for me to handle.

It keeps saying disarm alarms, and I did for the one near the wrecked ship, but I don't see the others.

Either I'm just not getting it or this is so hard. Probably just me, I suck at FPS.

Anyone have tips?
Tactical Echo! Be sure to use your OWL (EMP and Shield are much more useful than Attack).

Anyone have tips?

If you do the hold down on the right joypad to do the scan on the area it will mark the alarms tower deals close by.

Zugma

I've only played a little of the campaign, but its really really solid.

AND

Hard...my god I keep dying, I really think this turned off a few of our less resilient reviewers, the Toronto Newspaper for sure (Whaaaaa I died..please).

Graphics are stellar.

Multiplayer will make a man (or woman) out of you, aiming is precise and doable, but the lack of auto aim, it will make you become a better player (if you go back to COD after this...for a reason I cannot imagine...you should feel like a god as it holds your hands and locks on for you). I did feel like I was pumping dudes with bullets only to be instakilled, but I usually aim low for some reason, so I probably have myself to blame for leg shots.

But its really really good, I just have to get used to all the new menus and such.

Yeah, aiming low (or even center mass) can increase the kill time by quite a bit. After a handful of matches last night I realized how much quicker shots to the neck or higher will drop a guy. After playing far too much COD over the last 6 years, it's easy to forget to aim high, as headshots don't really make a difference, but in KZ it's pretty much the most important thing in a firefight.

Top Bottom