• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Violater

MP comments: I don't like how blurry every thing gets when you are running. The player speed does not seem to match up with the animation. It's hard to tell which direction you are getting shot from.

Ryn

That dead space level was amazing.

I really, really love the single player campaign in this so far, only on chapter 4, and this beats any CoD campaign I've ever played.

Game is pretty but I'm just not feeling it at all. The first 10 minutes of Battlefield 4 were more enjoyable than the first hour of Killzone 4. :/

daoster

So I'm trying to upload videos onto Facebook, but whenever I click the Share button, the only videos I see are videos of Knack from yesterday. Does Killzone not support uploading videos or something?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Echo's facial capture is insane. That bit they showed in the trailer that everyone was making fun of seems to be the worst animation of her. During the game, her eyes can even have those real life micro-movements when you have eye contact with someone and they subconciously switch what eye they are looking at.

Yeah, the facial animation is really good but sometimes the lip synch is off. Really jarring since the models and animations themselves are great.

Mifune

Mehmber
Chapter 2 of the campaign was awesome.

Like many of you I had watched the walkthroughs leading up to release so I thought I knew everything about the level and wasn't even looking forward to playing it that much. Boy was I wrong. Yes, I knew the basic objectives, but actually playing instead of watching was a completely different experience.

I got my ass handed to me. Over and over. But then I realized I was playing too cautiously, like it was a complete stealth game. And it wasn't working for me. Once I learned to use stealth and aggression and defense and every fucking tool at my disposal, it opened up in a big way. When's the last time I used every single tactic, ability, feature, weapon at hand to barely get out of a level alive? It's been a while. That has to count for something, right?

Felsparrow

Neo Member
Echo's facial capture is insane. That bit they showed in the trailer that everyone was making fun of seems to be the worst animation of her. During the game, her eyes can even have those real life micro-movements when you have eye contact with someone and they subconciously switch what eye they are looking at.

Not entirely on topic, but these eye movements are called eye darts by my fellow animators. They're absolutely essential for making faces on semi-realistic characters seem lifelike.

Flo_Evans

So I'm trying to upload videos onto Facebook, but whenever I click the Share button, the only videos I see are videos of Knack from yesterday. Does Killzone not support uploading videos or something?

I just tried it this morning. I wasn't playing the game though but there were a bunch of clips from last night in my capture folder and I uploaded one to test.

Boss Man

So I played MP a bit last night and I absolutely love it so far. The modes are deep as hell, I love how the different servers are set up to allow for that old school mix and match style, and I've barely gotten a chance to mess with the different classes.

I have a question about voice chat though: does it work? I don't know if I'm supposed to be in a party or a squad or something, but I didn't hear anyone talking while I was playing.

I have, it works well enough. The lack of autoaim makes it harder to play with the vita though. Latency was fine though.

If you're still on, add me up, I'm down for some KZ

Gaz_RB
i just got off, ill be back on in a few.

i was just playing with Lord-Audie on gaf

Question.

To sprint, you press L3... as in, press down on the left joystick while moving... right?

Please confirm, as this does not work on my game, and I suspect the L3 button on the controller that came with my system is faulty.

Also, the graphics are fucking insane, the opening
escape as a child mission, holy fuck
... strong Blade Runner vibe

j-wood

Do no checkpoints in a level act as a save? As in, is this like mercenary where you have to clear a chapter or else you start at the beginning?

Jarate

Banned
Im starting up a killzone party if anyone wants to play

Psn is MC_Giygas or post yours and ill send you a fried request so we can play

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Do no checkpoints in a level act as a save? As in, is this like mercenary where you have to clear a chapter or else you start at the beginning?

I think you may be right.
Edit: Not whole chapter, like restart at the beginning of a section within the chapter.

S1kkZ

still have to wait 2 weeks to play this (euro gaffer here). some questions:

-is the coop mode already online (the one you get with the season pass)?
-without spoiling, does the game have a real ending or are they pulling a kz3 (game just ends)?
-how is the replay value?
-any unlockables/collectibles?
-how long is the campaign on normal (a rough estimate)?

patchday

There are 2 alarms.
One by the dropship that you hacked already and another one that you should have passed on the way to the dropship. If you don't turn them both off you will probably keep getting respawns.
I dropped my difficulty down to easy because of that section

This game is so amazing. I think I'm in love
I know I am in love! MP is so fun. For anyone in Europe on the fence thanks to the reviews....trust me, this is the definitive next gen experience. The mp is really fun, map layout is excellent. And graphically it is the best looking game I have ever seen other than maybe infamous ss(saw at e3). It definitely holds it's own against kz4 and c3 on a good gaming pc. And I play on a 100" screen with a new pany 1080p projector in gaming mode. Also the sound is great too on my sound system. This is a must own for the mp alone!

daoster

I just tried it this morning. I wasn't playing the game though but there were a bunch of clips from last night in my capture folder and I uploaded one to test.

Huh...that's weird....I just tried the share option on Sound Shapes and Flower, and they all worked (video upload), but there are no files in the Killzone folder. Damn, this is the game I wanted to share most on my FB!

lol

One of my asshole friends who already has the game tells me that videos don't do it justice. I just want to see it running natively on my own screen to see how it looks :(.

jaaz

One of my asshole friends who already has the game tells me that videos don't do it justice. I just want to see it running natively on my own screen to see how it looks :(.

Let's just say that you will swear that you hooked up your high-end PC to your TV @1080p...

Synless

Question.

To sprint, you press L3... as in, press down on the left joystick while moving... right?

Please confirm, as this does not work on my game, and I suspect the L3 button on the controller that came with my system is faulty.

Also, the graphics are fucking insane, the opening
escape as a child mission, holy fuck
... strong Blade Runner vibe
Yes, that's how you run. No joke, I just got back from exchanging my bro-in-laws controller because his L3 doesn't work.

Chapter 2 of the campaign was awesome.

Like many of you I had watched the walkthroughs leading up to release so I thought I knew everything about the level and wasn't even looking forward to playing it that much. Boy was I wrong. Yes, I knew the basic objectives, but actually playing instead of watching was a completely different experience.

I got my ass handed to me. Over and over. But then I realized I was playing too cautiously, like it was a complete stealth game. And it wasn't working for me. Once I learned to use stealth and aggression and defense and every fucking tool at my disposal, it opened up in a big way. When's the last time I used every single tactic, ability, feature, weapon at hand to barely get out of a level alive? It's been a while. That has to count for something, right?

I think it counts for a ton. The SP is amazing, but it feels super old school in a lot of ways. It demands you use a lot of tactics and use the environment (everything is an arena, even if it looks linear at first) but doesn't explain them at all. Anyone expecting a COD type experience is likely going to be super disappointed or frustrated.

I really love the deliberate pacing though, the SP has been way more interesting and varied than any other military shootbang in a long time. Nothing is super original, its like a mashup of Killzone+Crysis+Fear in gameplay and mobility mechanics, encounter design and mood but great execution. The encounters are all set in arenas, OWL lets you set up decoys for flanking and there are some interesting mechanics to encounters that are just slipped in there and hinted at, but no heavy handed giveaways.

Spoilery tactics up through chapter 8 maybe?
You can drop a container onto the big mech the first encounter, just ask echo to snipe it out and time it right and insta kill. Later, the glowing shielded guys get their shields taken out by OWL flash.

Story and dialog is actually inoffensive (which is a big improvement from KZ2 and 3) and maybe even good? It's a return to KZ1 form for sure. Whole package might be one of my top 3 FPS ever.

this level where you troll around a ship in near pitch blackness is painfully fucking bad. just ass backward, unenjoyable level design
Chapter 3? I loved chapter3...

MercuryLS

Banned

He's right. That goes for all PS4 games, even the ones that aren't a "impressive jump" from current gen like COD:Ghosts and AC:IV. For early launch games, they all look great to excellent.

I think it counts for a ton. The SP is amazing, but it feels super old school in a lot of ways. It demands you use a lot of tactics and use the environment (everything is an arena, even if it looks linear at first) but doesn't explain them at all. Anyone expecting a COD type experience is likely going to be super disappointed or frustrated.

I really love the deliberate pacing though, the SP has been way more interesting and varied than any other military shootbang in a long time. Nothing is super original, its like a mashup of Killzone+Crysis+Fear in gameplay and mobility mechanics, encounter design and mood but great execution. The encounters are all set in arenas, OWL lets you set up decoys for flanking and there are some interesting mechanics to encounters that are just slipped in there and hinted at, but no heavy handed giveaways.

Spoilery tactics up through chapter 8 maybe?
You can drop a container onto the big mech the first encounter, just ask echo to snipe it out and time it right and insta kill. Later, the glowing shielded guys get their shields taken out by OWL flash.

Story and dialog is actually inoffensive (which is a big improvement from KZ2 and 3) and maybe even good? It's a return to KZ1 form for sure. Whole package might be one of my top 3 FPS ever.

Chapter 3? I loved chapter3...

wow, Crysis and FEAR have been my two favorite shooters. This comparison excites me, lol. Can't wait to get my copy (have to wait until damn Tues though :(

Top Bottom