• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

So am I the only one so far who keeps ending up in games where the entire team is composed of chucklefucks who run everywhere EXCEPT where they need to be defending/attacking?

fallingdove

Seriously tho, the reviewers on this game are fucking full of shit. This game is amazing. I haven't had this much fun in a single player fps in years. YEARS. I love the story and world. Epic sci fi shit. It had a very Elysium/ district 9 feel to it. The sound track is killer. I love The nod to the movie sunshine... Sci fi fans will know what I am talking about. Acting could be better, but who cares, fire fights are fun, set pieces gorgeous and engaging, it's all so much damn fun!!!! Multiplayer is methodical, satisfying, and addictive. What a way for ps4 to start off the generation. Greatness has arrived my friends, welcome to next gen. Add me on PSN for a game or two: BringerOfBacon.

Agreed.

Fuck chapter 10 fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck it, it makes no sense, bullshit stealth where there is no indication of when the enemy can see you and when they can't. FUCK IT
Any walkthroughs I can follow to beat that garbage shit of a level?

Don't know if this will work but:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=733893873304916

Thats my run on Hard. The level is stupid easy once you know where to go and experiment a little. It took me five tries to do that.

Deadstar

Seriously tho, the reviewers on this game are fucking full of shit. This game is amazing. I haven't had this much fun in a single player fps in years. YEARS. I love the story and world. Epic sci fi shit. It had a very Elysium/ district 9 feel to it. The sound track is killer. I love The nod to the movie sunshine... Sci fi fans will know what I am talking about. Acting could be better, but who cares, fire fights are fun, set pieces gorgeous and engaging, it's all so much damn fun!!!! Multiplayer is methodical, satisfying, and addictive. What a way for ps4 to start off the generation. Greatness has arrived my friends, welcome to next gen. Add me on PSN for a game or two: BringerOfBacon.

I think I might be done with reviews with the start of this generation. I was told that Killzone and Knack were mediocre. I'm having a ton of fun in both. I can't believe these are launch games. This generation is going to be amazing!

Timu

jgt72YXxrTNTX.png

I beaten it, but man, this part, this freaking part in the chapter...

kurbaan

Banned
I think I might be done with reviews with the start of this generation. I was told that Killzone and Knack were mediocre. I'm having a ton of fun in both. I can't believe these are launch games. This generation is going to be amazing!

I would have agreed with you, if i hadn't finished the game. I think reviews were spot on.

Thanks, but you got detected :)
I was able to do it without killing anyone or being detected. There's a trophy for not being detected on this mission.
Yeah, I never went back to it once I finished it. Moved in to Knack. i'll revisit some time in the near future. Point being there's nothing terribly difficult about finishing the mission.;)

Man I logged in to play one online match and it crashed. Corrupted data and I was near the end. Now all my progress In SP is gone. Wtf! Luckily psn plus uploaded most of my progress, only lost one level. Stupid though a crash can corrupt the save data now.

Juraash

Just now finished the game and I really enjoyed it. Even the last bit.

The game had some awesome moments and was a great way to show off the hardware.

Having played all the KZ games as prep for this one, I can say this has been my favorite. I was super late to the party for the older games, but I might actually give the MP a try in this one.

I had no problems with the freefall I think I died once, pushing O to put on the brakes helps a ton. And for anyone having issues with Chapter 8 when you are in the back and all the Helghast start rushing in with their shields, there's is a turret at the top of the stairs that you can get into and it shreds everything.

Timu

I honestly think this game is harder than Killzone 3 even on normal, I beat Killzone 3 in 6 hours practically the same day I bought it and it wasn't that difficult at all really besides the few moments of difficult spots. But this game from Chapter 6 and onwards is like, wow.

Though nothing is as hard as the last level of Killzone 2 from what I played(starting Chapter 9 now).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fuck chapter 10 fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck it, it makes no sense, bullshit stealth where there is no indication of when the enemy can see you and when they can't. FUCK IT
Any walkthroughs I can follow to beat that garbage shit of a level?

That mission is insanely easy.
You have infinite cloak as long as you don't turn it off. Just avoid security cameras since they can see through it.

The levels on the other side of the Berlin Wall are really good and interesting. No one thinks about what life must have been like on the other side of the Iron Curtain, and this game really nails it.

The first 3 Killzone games were basically World War II in space, and this game is basically the post-WWII period. What's most interesting is the pages of the comic cook you collect during the game. No one remembers what it was like to be on the losing side of WWII, since history is always written by the victors. But those who survived the firebombing of Dresden or the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki might have a different perspective on the events towards the end of that war.

The Terracide itself, the annihilation of Helghan, is itself a pretty direct reference to the atomic bombings.

kurbaan

Banned
Am I the only one or does it bother anyone else that the height of your character in all the killzone games is too damn short? He is like a midget usually, shorter than everyone else it seems like.

It always bothers me like the whole game its on my mind.

Timu

Am I the only one or does it bother anyone else that the height of your character in all the killzone games is too damn short? He is like a midget usually, shorter than everyone else it seems like.

Ha, I noticed that as well when standing next to Echo:

jbwjR8ukgUktfy.png

Jarmel

Banned

lololololol

I noticed that too. I was thinking like how short is this guy?

It totally bothers me too - it's not just this game though, I feel like every major console FPS has that little problem (except maybe Halo). I don't know why.

rdrr gnr

They reused a lot of assets in the final few levels. Anyone notice one of the environments is a multiplayer map from KZ3? Unless I'm wrong, but the layout was uncanny.

I tried out the Scout class + the LS70 sniper for the first time in this match, and I had some fun with it. Not really a sniper in FPS games, but I couldn't help myself here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxzLLZUDAY

The gun is awesome to use. One shot kill guaranteed to any part of the body and at any range, though it is a single-shot sniper with a lengthy reload and can only be fired when zoomed in. The pros outweigh the cons, however. Definitely have the Teleport ability when you're using it.

I feel like they improved this over KZ2/3. You're viewing from chest height now instead of practically knee height.

I tried out the Scout class + the LS70 sniper for the first time in this match, and I had some fun with it. Not really a sniper in FPS games, but I couldn't help myself here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxzLLZUDAY

The gun is awesome to use. One shot kill guaranteed to any part of the body and at any range, though it is a single-shot sniper with a lengthy reload and can only be fired when zoomed in. The pros outweigh the cons, however. Definitely have the Teleport ability when you're using it.

LOL, that sniper rifle is OP. The reload and forced scope to fire seem balanced, but people are probably gonna cry for a nerf.

Ein Bear

Ugh, I wish it was the 29th :(

For those who have finished the game, does it ever address the post-credits scene from the end of Killzone 3? Just a yes/no answer, no spoilers :p Cheers!

How come you can only switch one gun out in single player? And how do you take out the knife?

Your top gun never switches out. I don't know why either. It's a bit dumb on the levels where your top gun is a pistol, so you always use only your bottom gun.

The knife is only used for melee kills and jump down kills. You can't take it out otherwise.

imr^n

Neo Member
I really think that KZ - SF for a launch title looks as good as it does only because of GG. If it had been insomniac again with a ps4 launch fps title, It would not look this good. We might also have been crying shame on gaf at the launch game jaggies and other shit .. lol

velociraptor

i always said that - that open world games are hard for me, since i dont play these games usually... but i know how people say they want open world and then they dont :).

For instance, there was one journalist i watched over twich, nice dude, and he mentioned something like "here, i dont know what should I do now - and in these games, i should immediately know what to do next".

So people think they want open world games but in reality all they want is linear hand holding on the rails gameplay.
This is why I don't mind linear shooters - it allows me kick back and enjoy the ride. Dead Space offers a navigation waypoint which is pretty useful when lost. I personally think all open world games should offer some kind of marker/waypoint (as an option).

I think Guerilla is trying to emulate the wrong type of games. I don't want Call of Duty. I don't want Crysis. But they're trying so hard to make Killzone like other games that the result is a soulless slog quite unlike the first couple of games in the series.

That's been a continuing problem with GG's design approach. Stop trying to emulate others so much or throw together a huge bullet point list of features, just make your own thing. At least they did right with the multiplayer this time around, well other than the lack of in-game chat.

i always said that - that open world games are hard for me, since i dont play these games usually... but i know how people say they want open world and then they dont :).

For instance, there was one journalist i watched over twich, nice dude, and he mentioned something like "here, i dont know what should I do now - and in these games, i should immediately know what to do next".

So people think they want open world games but in reality all they want is linear hand holding on the rails gameplay.

Open gameplay requires good level design for these types of games, and GG often fails to convey information. Being open in itself isn't a virtue, it needs to be well done.

Ricky_R

Holy.....shit

honestly guys...does it look this good when you are actually playing it? or do these screen caps add some form of super AA to them?

Dude, I already (and many others) told you. The game is real deal.

It looks amazing. No hyperbole, no over excitement because it's a new gen, no nothing. The game looks so good that you should have no issues being satisfied by its visuals. Or any other first party PS4 game for that matter.

So I tried to make some Team Deathmatch only bot warzones just to familiarize myself with the maps and weapons, but the bots all stay in one place and never move.

Seems like you need at least one objective mission type, otherwise they just decide to stay home and lounge about.

Bots are also totally cheap with single shot sniper rifles and grenade tosses. Thinking about removing both for offline matches.

I cannot get over the visuals of this game. The lighting inside the Cassandra is incredible. I found myself sending the Owl all over the place, just to watch the lighting on display.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

People mentioned this with KZ2 and 3 as well but I never noticed it until Shadow Fall. Sometimes I couldn't tell if I was crouching.

Top Bottom