• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Muffdraul

I'm not. I'm expecting this game to get good reviews. Maybe even the highest metacritic score of all the PS4 titles (this or BF4).

If people shit on Killzone 2, they'll shit on Shadow Fall.

I'm not saying the same people who shit on one with shit on the other, necessarily. I'm just saying, there will be shitting.

Cannot wait. Just finished Mercenary, looking forward to running around next gen Vekta. Only getting this with the PS4 (Decided to cancel my Knack preorder, I'll grab that when it drops in price a bit), until Infamous, so going to have some time to play around with multiplayer too.

WepJuVT.jpg

I'm just missing one key component. Other than that, I'm ready.
Have you tried running it on the PS3? Dooo iiit!!
dooo iiit

th4tguy

S¡mon;88946516 said:
I guess I'm in.

27-09-2013%2010-49-00.jpg

€479

Such a great deal, though a game like this needs to be on the hard drive at all times. I can't wait to just swap between whatever game I want to play in an instant without having to get up, find the game, swap the disks, etc etc

Eusis

If people shit on Killzone 2, they'll shit on Shadow Fall.
I wonder how much of that was pre release and post release. Pre release I was wondering why the fuck people seriously got hyped over a sequel to a by most accounts average PS2 FPS, but then it came out to a lot of praise and rave reviews, and comparing the two KZ2 certainly did play a hell of a lot better!

Though KZ2 didn't really rock the boat design-wise either and had a color palette that wasn't to some of our liking, but this game definitely remedies the latter and seemingly avoids modern FPS design at least for the former.

Gorillaz

Alright GG.....this is honestly the last push for the series in terms of mainstream reception, especially in the story/lore section.....

Vizzeh

Banned
Shipping the games before the console is almost trolling.

At this point I would buy 2 week old road kill, so long as it had a Ps4 logo on it,

Wish I could see figures on potentially how many extra consoles Sony have shipped soley based on releasing games earlier than X1... Its potentially a push towards PS4 if someone is on the fence about which console to purchase.. /Hype train

Vizzeh

Banned
Shipping the games before the console is almost trolling.

At this point I would buy 2 week old road kill, so long as it had a Ps4 logo on it,

Wish I could see figures on potentially how many extra consoles Sony have sold extra, solely based on releasing games earlier than X1... Its potentially a push towards PS4 if someone is on the fence about which console to purchase.. /Hype train

Muffdraul

I wonder how much of that was pre release and post release. Pre release I was wondering why the fuck people seriously got hyped over a sequel to a by most accounts average PS2 FPS, but then it came out to a lot of praise and rave reviews, and comparing the two KZ2 certainly did play a hell of a lot better!

Though KZ2 didn't really rock the boat design-wise either and had a color palette that wasn't to some of our liking, but this game definitely remedies the latter and seemingly avoids modern FPS design at least for the former.

For Killzone 2, I was thinking post release. All I remember about pre-release was debate about whether it would measure up to the E3 2005 trailer. After it came out, obviously there were tons of us who loved it, but mainly I remember hordes of people gnashing their teeth and weeping tears of blood over the controls, the lag. Even after it was patched.

Shadow Fall releasing at launch of a highly anticipated system, I wonder if this is the Killzone to finally break out and be a massive success. I hope so. Of course, it's going up against COD and Battlefield, so who knows.

The pics are glorious! Next gen is here people! The only FPS made for next gen in mind (at launch date)..And at 1080p @ 60fps even.

Waiting for the eventual..
Fix this shit, GG!

Can't wait to get my grubby hands on this baby.

Such a great deal, though a game like this needs to be on the hard drive at all times. I can't wait to just swap between whatever game I want to play in an instant without having to get up, find the game, swap the disks, etc etc
Do the Killzone PS4 bundles come with the disk or PSN versions of the game?

I've got this bundle coming and I have no idea ;P

Dibbz

OMG a Killzone OT. God damn you Americans that will get to play this for 2 entire weeks before the rest of the world :(

Hope you guys have a blast with it.

Guys, I still don't know if I should go digital or not D:

I don't ever intend to sell Shadow Fall,but dat physical library needs to start with the first PS4 game I will buy.

This is the hardest decision for me...what are all you guys doing?

Can you imagine what'll happen when someone from GAF actually gets the game + console before release, someone who posts impressions and/or screens? Place is gonna EXPLODE

Gaz_RB

iym76hRxGf9x2.gif

Shadow Fall releasing at launch of a highly anticipated system, I wonder if this is the Killzone to finally break out and be a massive success. I hope so. Of course, it's going up against COD and Battlefield, so who knows.

If it becomes big on the level of Halo, that would be huge for Sony. They need those FPS players.

Guys, I still don't know if I should go digital or not D:

I don't ever intend to sell Shadow Fall,but dat physical library needs to start with the first PS4 game I will buy.

This is the hardest decision for me...what are all you guys doing?

Digital for me. I live in Japan so I've got good Internet speeds.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've never really been a fan of the Killzone games, I thought Killzone 3 was so boring but a marvelous technical showcase but this however, looks different. I love the art style, the multiple approaches to levels and the stealth element. It looks fantastic and the soundtrack seems to be great.

Dantis

Hey guys, I'm told this game isn't really fit for small-scale multiplayer. Is that true? I had hoped to play it with a few friends like we used to with Halo. Pretty disappointing if that's not really an option.

satam55

Banned
man, when the review embargo will be over?

I am expecting mixed reviews, otherwise the embargo should already be over.

The media doesn't get to review the full game till next week (Same with Knack & Resogun), So there's no embargo right now.

I LOVE the Killzone gameplay. I really, really hope this one lives up to the lore and paints the ISA in a much more neutral colour than the games have previously. They're anti-heroes at best, outright villains if we go by the end of Killzone 3.

Kane1345

Hey guys, I'm told this game isn't really fit for small-scale multiplayer. Is that true? I had hoped to play it with a few friends like we used to with Halo. Pretty disappointing if that's not really an option.

The game has customisable warzones where you can change the rules for virtually everything in MP. You can even add bots if you want to.

Not really sure what you mean by 'small scale,' would you mind elaborating? Do you mean map sizes or game types for small player counts?

MP is 12v12, with the ability to create custom Warzones (games) and share them with others. Besides custom weapon load outs, health, maps, game types, I think it's possible that you can adjust player count as well.

There will also be a co-op horde mode available as DLC in the near future, I don't know the player count for that, but 4 or more seems likely.

Top Bottom