• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Savitar

Beat the game, rather liked it. The free fall chapter was the worse but overall I was pretty pleased with the campaign. I liked the controller speaker playing the audio files, that was nice.

Poor Kellan, I figured that he and Echo might join together to bring some peace between their two cultures but it was not meant to be. Seeing Kellan being shot in the head and then the credits coming up I first believed I had gotten a "bad ending" and missed something during that chapter. Actually began to look it up until the screen went nuts and realized there was another. I admit they got me on that but I detest false endings, feels kinda lame.

The final chapter it was clear that you were playing Echo right off the bat and she was fun, I rather liked playing as her and hope if there is an add on DLC that you play as her doing some stealth and action if not sniping missions. Be cool to see more of her. I saw people mention that the ending and name of the game itself means another war started but according to the trophy you get at the end you actually prevented the escalation of another war. I wouldn't mind seeing a game that you play a mix of both sides trying to work together as some remains of each still want to fight, if nothing else in Kellan and Echo's names.

What the hell at this save system again...I am on chapter 9,cleared the unit,the cargo area and everything,I leave the game open and I leave the PS4 on standby and now I come back and I am at the start of the whole Destroyer chapter again,jesus...why is it so hard to at least let the checkpoint stick,I really dont understand...

That''s what I HATE about this game. If you start a chapter, you have to finish it and the chapters can be lengthy.

Hey guys

Shadow fall has been getting some pretty positive reviews.

I feel like this game would of been sitting at 80% on metacritict if it wasn't for the last few chapters. Correct?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/killzone-shadow-fall/critic-reviews

I think it just feels highly unpolished, it had tons of potential but never fully reached what it could have been. And it wasn't really just the final chapters, some of that I think was real good, but there are bunch of frustrating parts like the opening forest level which so many people found confusing, frustrating, and difficult.

They took the feedback from previous games on making them no as linear, but they could have done more with that to promote more sandbox style play. Some linear parts for story is perfectly fine, but many of the open encounters just weren't open enough.

It's a solid game, but with all it's design flaws, it brings down the experience and I do think the 7/10 average is about right. They just dropped the ball on alot. When the game is good, it's real good, but they missed alot of steps.

codhand

i have zero complaints about the forest level, and disagree with reviews like gies's at polygon which said the game didnt explicitly tell you where to go, which, if you hold up on the d-pad it actually does just that.

one of the best levels in the game.

beat it tonight as well, 8/10, i think a second playthrough would help with frustrating parts.

meh, i dunno, i can see the score being an avg. 7/10.
I just finished it over the weekend. It was alright. I would probably agree with a score closer to yours though. I went back to GTAV after I finished KZ and I didn't get that "damn this looks last gen" feel at all. I think GTAV was visually on par with SF in a lot of parts and better in others, well at least more than it should be anyway. So much lighting effects that I can barley see the enemies and checkpoints. Lots of visually unimpressive indoor environments and some horrible textures in parts. It had it's moments but overall pretty basic and flat though.

As far as the story; who in the hell would give their long time enemy HALF THEIR PLANET?? WTF is this? Who thought of this? Separated by a wall so now they can kill you on your own turf?

I sided with
Sinclair
for the most part, which made me feel very little
for the main character and his Helgan partner

LegoDad

i have zero complaints about the forest level, and disagree with reviews like gies's at polygon which said the game didnt explicitly tell you where to go, which, if you hold up on the d-pad it actually does just that.

Later in the game the up button doesn't show you anywhere to go at all...

cdkee

Banned
I just finished it over the weekend. It was alright. I would probably agree with a score closer to yours though. I went back to GTAV after I finished KZ and I didn't get that "damn this looks last gen" feel at all. I think GTAV was visually on par with SF in a lot of parts and better in others, well at least more than it should be anyway. So much lighting effects that I can barley see the enemies and checkpoints. Lots of visually unimpressive indoor environments and some horrible textures in parts. It had it's moments but overall pretty basic and flat though.

As far as the story; who in the hell would give their long time enemy HALF THEIR PLANET?? WTF is this? Who thought of this? Separated by a wall so now they can kill you on your own turf?

I sided with
Sinclair

Because your side blew up the other's entire planet? Everything, everyone. Innocents, women, children.

I didn't have problems with the forest level and the objective marker, but in later chapters when you are constantly being shot at by enemies from all sides, it's hard to see a small orange/red bullseye target marker to see where you need to go. Especially had this problem in chapter 7.. until you go exactly where it wants you to, the enemies spawn in endless waves and if you die you have to start the whole defense segment over again.

Chapter 7 and 8 were the worst two in the game, imo.

I didn't have problems with the forest level and the objective marker, but in later chapters when you are constantly being shot at by enemies from all sides, it's hard to see a small orange/red bullseye target marker to see where you need to go. Especially had this problem in chapter 7.. until you go exactly where it wants you to, the enemies spawn in endless waves and if you die you have to start the whole defense segment over again.

Chapter 7 and 8 were the worst two in the game, imo.

I saw this in the later chapters, too. Sometimes it just didn't mark your objective.

It turns on and off which is frustrating. Also with so much bloom it was really hard to see. My trick was to move to where I knew I wasn't supposed to go and look at the sides of the screen because I knew it would be somewhere around there if I did that.
Because your side blew up the other's entire planet? Everything, everyone. Innocents, women, children.
Fuck em.

Am I a monster?

Savitar

Yes.

That's kind of the games point, destruction breeds destruction.....
granted the Helghast appear to get their asses handed to them no matter what in the end even with a secret fleet built up. And they are usually the more aggressive of the two cultures that cause almost everything to happen repeatedly.

Yes.

That's kind of the games point, destruction breeds destruction.....
granted the Helghast appear to get their asses handed to them no matter what in the end even with a secret fleet built up. And they are usually the more aggressive of the two cultures that cause almost everything to happen repeatedly.
There would be no more destruction if they just blew them up and let them be. Why endanger your own in order to save a group that will kill you when given the chance? The segregation really didn't help with the relationship between the two either.

I'm obviously right because the fourth game exists. It's like letting a serial killer who tried to kill you and still hates you into your home because you don't want his kids out on the street. Nobody would do that.

graywolf323

I sided with
Sinclair

I did think the whole half the planet thing was dumb especially not maintaining a disarmament treaty or something sorta like Japan had to go through post WWII

LegoDad

I think you're wrong. There was never a point where I got lost. Every time I pressed up it told me where to go.

Chapter 8, it doesn't tell you were to go, and when it does, it's underground and doesn't tell you how to get there.

There are also many other times when the up button just doesn't tell you where to go, it states what the objective is, but doesn't point you where it is, so you wander around lost.

Just finished the campaign, it's wretched. Almost hate to say it but Polygon/Gies really nailed almost every single problem with the game in their review. OWL abilities are totally useless outside of the "shoot that guy" one, the arena style fights are predictably terrible, and it's totally unclear where you're supposed to go and what you're supposed to do half of the time. Yeah you can tap the dpad, but the marker constantly blends into the background (it's miniscule and the same tone of orange as most of the environments), it doesn't really help you to find an actual route, and it just flat out doesn't appear oftentimes when it should (how the hell are you supposed to know to get on the ship guns?). The story incredibly, impossibly, manages to be worse than the one in KZ3, and it often drops you in situations with absolutely zero context (why am I suddenly flying in chapter 9?).

It's super frustrating to see that Guerrilla's top notch graphical and artistic talent are saddled, AGAIN, with all of these other garbage elements. The busted gunplay of KZ2, utter mediocrity of KZ3, and now this have put the final nail in the coffin - at this point, I think I'm done with the series. Fool me thrice, shame on me.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
caliblue15 said:
Chapter 8, it doesn't tell you were to go, and when it does, it's underground and doesn't tell you how to get there.

There are also many other times when the up button just doesn't tell you where to go, it states what the objective is, but doesn't point you where it is, so you wander around lost.
It never tells you which way to go, just the general position where the objective is, and that's a good thing, or at least it is to my liking.

What many other times? As of Ch7, I've never seen the positional marker not show when I pressed up.

Lots of visually unimpressive indoor environments and some horrible textures in parts.
Not the first time I've read that complaint, but I don't think I've seen anything resembling a horrible texture in the game, except maybe on some odd, out of the way, handrail or something minuscule like that.

TyrantII

I think it just feels highly unpolished, it had tons of potential but never fully reached what it could have been. And it wasn't really just the final chapters, some of that I think was real good, but there are bunch of frustrating parts like the opening forest level which so many people found confusing, frustrating, and difficult

Sigh

FPS-map-540x431.jpg

Press X to Ryse is available. Might I suggest that for those who can't navigate three glowing objectives in a semi-open yet small map design?

The most stupidest shit I've seen these game developers/Sony do. What the FUCK were they thinking? Everybody should stay quite in public games?

Lot of us hardcore players never use voice chat outside of party chat. I personally do not want to hear people while I'm playing.

I'd assume the chat system arrived pretty late in the OS, that could be the problem.

Sounds like somebody doesn't know how to the play the game.

Cheers dude, appreciate the GameFAQs-level response. Let me break it down for you:

Zipline: useless given that there are almost no opportunities for traversal outside of the forest level

Stun: useless because it's almost always quicker, easier and safer to just run up to shielded enemies and press R3

Shield: useless because there's never a shortage of cover, there's a multi-second delay before it actually goes up, and because having it draw aggro in firing mode is more likely to save you from enemy bullets

sry, guess i played gaem rong tho.

LOL. Gonna have to disagree here. KZ2 guns had such a good feel to them. Yeah, it's not arcadey quick like MW, but you could feel like you're holding a weapon in your hands due to its weight. KZ2 gunplay was my favorite of last gen. It's not busted, just different.

To each their own, but I've heard this argument so many times and will never agree with it. The deadzone on this sticks was borked and there was input delay, and people just ran with this "weight" thing as a justification. If GG wanted to make the guns feel weighty they could have slowed down the sensitivity instead.

The busted gunplay of KZ2

LOL. Gonna have to disagree here. KZ2 guns had such a good feel to them. Yeah, it's not arcadey quick like MW, but you could feel like you're holding a weapon in your hands due to its weight. KZ2 gunplay was my favorite of last gen. It's not busted, just different.

BadAss2961

Cheers dude, appreciate the GameFAQs-level response. Let me break it down for you:

Zipline: useless given that there are almost no opportunities for traversal outside of the forest level

Stun: useless because it's almost always quicker, easier and safer to just run up to shielded enemies and press R3

Shield: useless because there's never a shortage of cover, there's a multi-second delay before it actually goes up, and because having it draw aggro in firing mode is more likely to save you from enemy bullets
The only one I haven't found much use for is stun.

Zipline is a cool traversal tactic and makes for some slick moments at certain points in the SP.

Shield is best used when there's a few enemies right in front you, opening a window for you to safely kill all of them before they take cover.

The owl's attack ability is obviously the most useful option all around, but the best way to use it is to get enemies attention one way and flank them.

Sounds like somebody doesn't know how to the play the game.
I think that's going around.

The game gives you so many tactical options you can use that it really does take time to get comfortable with all of them enough so that you can be flexible while using the right tools for the job.

At any given moment you have:

* A quiet melee killing blow.
* Your primary weapon, many with two fire modes.
* Your secondary weapon, many with two fire modes.
* Grenades, EMP or tripwire explosives.
* Adrenaline which not only heals but pulls a Max Payne whenever you aim during the sights while under the effect.
* A tactical echo that shows you items, cameras, weapon racks, enemies and hackable systems, through walls, for a decent duration.
* An attack drone that can either attack enemies directly or hold an area aggressively. You can use it to scout ahead, cover your rear or flank, or engage enemies while you flank or fall back or reposition.
* A stun drone that can flashbang/EMP an area. You can use this to temporarily disable heavy walkers, strip enemy shields, or to give you more time to take precision shots when you're worried about civilians. Need to experiment to see whether it can act as a decoy lure to draw the enemy to a particular area.
* A shield drone that can provide you a one way firing platform. Good for many uses but especially counter sniping, or lining up rocket shots against aggro'd armor.
* A zipline that can move you to most areas as long as their lower than your current position. Knowing this you can take the high ground when starting an attack and quickly get your ass out of dodge and attack from another angle. You can also fire while zip-lining or drop into melee.
* Your basic shooter move-set including crouch, sprint, jump, taking cover and mantling over cover.

That's a lot of tactical possibilities at your fingertips, and all of them with short cool-downs. Smoothly shifting between those abilities and taking full advantage of them depending upon the situation takes some real practice. I'd imagine many players fumbling through a lot of the game's scenarios.

I find Shield to be very useful, especially when sniping. Deploy the shield and you can take your time to line up your shots without worrying about cover. Drop it in a doorway before opening a door, then kill the Helghast in the room at your leisure.

Attack is basically always useful, but Shield and Stun are very useful in some situations. Zipline is "useless" in the sense that it is only useful where it's built into the level, and that's limited to a couple of levels.

The only one I haven't found much use for is stun.

There are a few sequences where you fight multiple shielded enemies, I found the only way to get by those areas was to use stun to drain their shields simultaneously. Using R3 against them will get you killed during the melee animation. Stun also acts like an EMP grenade against mechs.

Zen

Banned
Absolutely. One thing that the game doesn't do as well as it could is to introduce you to all of those abilities naturally. You get some very brief explanations and suddenly you're in big non linear forest.

I've been playing it at a friends house and am quite enjoying it

I'm on chapter... 3?

The first level was a bit frustrating and I had seen people playing it before, I can't imagine how hard it would have been for some people to have found the downed VSA soldiers in the tunnels. And the prompt for planting the C4 on the ship should have been more obvious.

I REALLY enjoyed chapter 2 on board the VSA Cruiser. Great atmosphere with a nice amount of downtime, puzzle solving, and traversing in Zero G was spectacular. The audio logs were great.

We ended up getting to the train section and cleared the first train before calling it.

The game has confidence to not be just another CoD clone and I really respect that. It's not afraid to give you areas and objectives that are very non traditional in the era of the modern shooter, and I love the Killzone world, so it's only a plus for me.

It really does feel like it's taking inspiration from the original Crysis. I enjoy it more than that game, but it never reaches the level of accomplishment in execution that Crysis did when designing the open areas. Still, far better gunplay and abilities make up for it.

I just hope that the sequel retains this style, and polishes everything up to allow even more tactical options, paths, and abilities.

Absolutely. One thing that the game doesn't do as well as it could is to introduce you to all of those abilities naturally. You get some very brief explanations and suddenly you're in big non linear forest.
Yeah, couldn't agree more really. Thats the game's big fumble - the pacing and how it doesn't teach players how to make the best use of their kit, and how it doesn't provide enough room for experimentation. Its really does throw you into the deep end right from the get-go, and keeps doing it ;P

But after you finish the game, go back to that forest level and replay it, knowing what you know now. Take a different path, or tackle the objectives in a different order. You'll find new stuff to play with each time.

For instance, the other day, in that first level I noticed
a side entrance to the Comms Tower so you can enter with stealth. I was hoping I could zipline to it from the center area, but no dice. Once inside there is a security mainframe on the second floor you can hack, and I'm pretty sure that disables ALL of the alarms on that map. If so, it'll be my first target on my next run, even before reaching the crew. Thats my plan anyway - cut them all off from reinforcements and go from there.

So yeah, the more I've played the more I've found, the more I'm able to put different abilities to use. Its a really solid set of abilities you're given, but GG doesn't seem to know how best to give the player time to really get to know them, both in isolation and in concert.

Grinchy

Banned

Play it on Hard and tell me the shield is useless. I even found the stun useful. If you run up to a shield guy and hit R3, the other enemies on the screen will just kill you.

Just beat the game. I had a blast though, the open areas being able to feel like i'm assessing the enemies at my pace and by my rules was great, it wasn't without challenge but they gave me plenty of option for stealth if i wanted, or i could be tactical and clean with my kills, or go ape shit if everything went sour and all three had their own troubles but felt very satisfying. I never got lost during the missions, but i was exploring and yeah i haven't done that in a triple A fps in a long while. that diagram someone posted above is very much true, corridor fights to cutscenes and repeat. this reminded me a lot of older shooters i used to love when i was a kid. the game is gorgeous and it definitely immersed me without trouble, the story was fairly simple and while it didn't grab me constantly there were some parts that had my complete attention. maybe once or twice in the whole game i did get a little disgruntled by some missions being a little too harsh, but when i overcame them after a few tries it was pretty fulfilling. The ending was abrupt but kinda awesome, and then... well... you know. that was a nice addition.

but yeah, i think this was a solid shooter, the best i've seen from the killzone series yet and i'm looking forward to seeing what they do from here.

all around 4/5 kinda game in my book.

highrider

Banned
I think that's going around.

The game gives you so many tactical options you can use that it really does take time to get comfortable with all of them enough so that you can be flexible while using the right tools for the job.

At any given moment you have:

* A quiet melee killing blow.
* Your primary weapon, many with two fire modes.
* Your secondary weapon, many with two fire modes.
* Grenades, EMP or tripwire explosives.
* Adrenaline which not only heals but pulls a Max Payne whenever you aim during the sights while under the effect.
* A tactical echo that shows you items, cameras, weapon racks, enemies and hackable systems, through walls, for a decent duration.
* An attack drone that can either attack enemies directly or hold an area aggressively. You can use it to scout ahead, cover your rear or flank, or engage enemies while you flank or fall back or reposition.
* A stun drone that can flashbang/EMP an area. You can use this to temporarily disable heavy walkers, strip enemy shields, or to give you more time to take precision shots when you're worried about civilians. Need to experiment to see whether it can act as a decoy lure to draw the enemy to a particular area.
* A shield drone that can provide you a one way firing platform. Good for many uses but especially counter sniping, or lining up rocket shots against aggro'd armor.
* A zipline that can move you to most areas as long as their lower than your current position. Knowing this you can take the high ground when starting an attack and quickly get your ass out of dodge and attack from another angle. You can also fire while zip-lining or drop into melee.
* Your basic shooter move-set including crouch, sprint, jump, taking cover and mantling over cover.

That's a lot of tactical possibilities at your fingertips, and all of them with short cool-downs. Smoothly shifting between those abilities and taking full advantage of them depending upon the situation takes some real practice. I'd imagine many players fumbling through a lot of the game's scenarios.

I think it will take me several playthroughs of the campaign to master the gadgets and moves. I felt like I fumbled through the early levels and I'm looking forward to going through them again.

Also question about the very last level..
What is the trick here? I can't seem to avoid detection. I've made it to the sniper rifle and shut down the bottom cameras.. Ugh.

Apoc87

Banned
I think it will take me several playthroughs of the campaign to master the gadgets and moves. I felt like I fumbled through the early levels and I'm looking forward to going through them again.

Also question about the very last level..
What is the trick here? I can't seem to avoid detection. I've made it to the sniper rifle and shut down the bottom cameras.. Ugh.

use stealth from the start. crouch and walk very very very slowly, and don't get within 10 feet of any civilians or soldiers. It took me many tries as well but I eventually got through it in one shot, undetected, very easily.

kaskade

I think more of the problem with the with the indicator is that is just tells you where to go without saying how to get there. For example the forest level to get back up the wall you have to climb up a bunch of rocks. I had no clue I had to do that and spent longer than I'd like walking around. There are other spots later in the game that feel kind of similar. I don't like getting hung up because I can't find where I'm supposed to go.

highrider

Banned
use stealth from the start. crouch and walk very very very slowly, and don't get within 10 feet of any civilians or soldiers. It took me many tries as well but I eventually got through it in one shot, undetected, very easily.
Thanks man. Patience is not my strength lol.

That''s what I HATE about this game. If you start a chapter, you have to finish it and the chapters can be lengthy.
I've exited the game and totally powered down my system. The next time I turn the PS4 on and play Killzone, it loads me at a checkpoint... not the beginning of the chapter........

Emwitus

Well, I have to go out on a limb and say that I kind of disliked the music. While some of the music is cool and fits the scene, a lot of it just belts out with no sense of place. It doesn't fit the action at all, and a few points it just repeats the same few bars over and over again. It's actually kind of annoying and at a few points my wife (who was reading) looked over at me like - why is it just playing the same music over and over?

OBVIOUSLY A SPOILER SINCE THIS IS FROM ONE OF THE LAST CHAPTERS, but here's an example of the music not really wowing me - it just keeps repeating and doesn't really fit the action at all:
Okay, i really love the music. SUch an 80s vibe to it.

Even on medium it's pretty damn hard to just run up to one of the shielded enemies and melee kill them without getting blasted by other Higs. I found myself using Stun a lot so that I could keep frag grenades on my person instead of stun grenades.

Shield: useless because there's never a shortage of cover, there's a multi-second delay before it actually goes up, and because having it draw aggro in firing mode is more likely to save you from enemy bullets.
I used the shield often in corridors (train level, later chapters) when I was in confined spaces. I found it offered all the protection of physical cover, with the advantage of providing a clear line of site toward the enemies.

I am in the process of playing through the campaign a second time and I find myself using the Owl far more effectively.

Okay -- I'm feeling a lot better about the game now.

I had been enjoying it, but reading the thread had me dreading Chapters 7 and 8... I just finished 7 and made it through the end rush on my first try with very little drama. I believe it's because I made heavy use of
the Voltage weapon
. When I'd run out of ammo, I'd grab another.

Even though I only play a chapter a day, I decided to give the freefall section at the beginning of Chapter 8 a look, just to see what I was in for tomorrow. After dying a few times really quickly before I got my bearings, once I made it past the first couple buildings, I actually made it all the way to the end rather easily. Now of course, that could end up biting me in the ass tomorrow as I'll have to do it again due to the game's stupid checkpoint system that tends to move you back some after quitting the application, but I don't feel nearly so worried about it anymore.

I'm not an especially accomplished FPS player. That said, this game has been pretty easy and fun for me. I think it's due to the fact that I don't consider myself all that good at these types of games and have leveraged the OWL and the sensory-vision mode extensively throughout. I think if you simply use the tools at your disposal, the game is a lot less frustrating.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Okay -- I'm feeling a lot better about the game now.

I had been enjoying it, but reading the thread had me dreading Chapters 7 and 8... I just finished 7 and made it through the end rush on my first try with very little drama. I believe it's because I made heavy use of
the Voltage weapon
. When I'd run out of ammo, I'd grab another.

Even though I only play a chapter a day, I decided to give the freefall section at the beginning of Chapter 8 a look, just to see what I was in for tomorrow. After dying a few times really quickly before I got my bearings, once I made it past the first couple buildings, I actually made it all the way to the end rather easily. Now of course, that could end up biting me in the ass tomorrow as I'll have to do it again due to the game's stupid checkpoint system that tends to move you back some after quitting the application, but I don't feel nearly so worried about it anymore.

I'm not an especially accomplished FPS player. That said, this game has been pretty easy and fun for me. I think it's due to the fact that I don't consider myself all that good at these types of games and have leveraged the OWL and the sensory-vision mode extensively throughout. I think if you simply use the tools at your disposal, the game is a lot less frustrating.

Yeah, the game isn't difficult if you use the OWL frequently. I'm about halfway through on Hard right now and it's been a breeze. I died less on Normal than I usually do on an FPS campaign on Normal.

The Ch. 9 last fight was a little rough, just need to find a good spot to not get surrounded and once you do, just beat feet to the other side of the area.
Would you elaborate on that last part more? I am quickly coming up on this fight on Hard and I am already stressing over how to best get past it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I think more of the problem with the with the indicator is that is just tells you where to go without saying how to get there. For example the forest level to get back up the wall you have to climb up a bunch of rocks. I had no clue I had to do that and spent longer than I'd like walking around. There are other spots later in the game that feel kind of similar. I don't like getting hung up because I can't find where I'm supposed to go.
I like that the game lets you think for yourself a bit when going from point A to point B. I like how it was implemented here and do not consider it a problem. Implementation like it was in KZ3 or Dead Space etc makes the game feel like it's not just on rail, but that it might as well be teleporting you from location to location with how minuscule involvement it gives you when traversing with their <GO HERE> pointer markers.

The early forest level that so many people seem to complain about *really* wasn't confusing, if you just don't let your brain go to a complete autopilot mode when playing the game.

Muffdraul

I've exited the game and totally powered down my system. The next time I turn the PS4 on and play Killzone, it loads me at a checkpoint... not the beginning of the chapter........

Each chapter is split up into multiple sections. If you pause the game, the menu shows you which section you're in. e.g.:

Chapter 2- The Shadow
Section 1- Clean This Up
Section 2- Do You Have the Intel?
Section 3- We're Getting Out

There are multiple checkpoints in each section, but apparently it only saves your progress at the beginning of each section.

I agree. The gun feel in KZ2 was the best thing about the game. I am on Ch2 and not sure on how I feel about this game yet. The gun play feels like any other shooter, OWL is unresponsive and enemies are attacking me from every angle that I have no idea on how to progress. I think I need to use stealth, but stealth in an FPS game is total fail.

I am still gonna stick to the game and play some more hoping that it will click with me soon

Amneisac

I like that the game lets you think for yourself a bit when going from point A to point B. I like how it was implemented here and do not consider it a problem. Implementation like it was in KZ3 or Dead Space etc makes the game feel like it's not just on rail, but that it might as well be teleporting you from location to location with how minuscule involvement it gives you when traversing with their <GO HERE> pointer markers.

The early forest level that so many people seem to complain about *really* wasn't confusing, if you just don't let your brain go to a complete autopilot mode when playing the game.

I like the idea of not just walking to a marker to progress, but I think the actual map design is very poor and the levels are pretty confusing and not intuitive to navigate. So in another game I might agree with you, but I feel like there were levels in KZ that made very little sense and even with what little help the indicator gives I was kind of lost for a few minutes until I found right right hallway tucked in whichever corner.

zewone

Would you elaborate on that last part more? I am quickly coming up on this fight on Hard and I am already stressing over how to best get past it.

Sure.

This last fight takes place in a large area that is basically symmetrical.

There is not a lot of cover, and you're basically be exposed from many sides, as there are a lot of enemies.

I set up camp on one area of the arena, killed as many Higs as I could, and once I started feeling overwhelmed, I would leave to the other end and set up camp again.

There are times about half way through where you should hit a checkpoint.

Right after the checkpoint, the doors in the opposite end of the entrance will open up and a lot of tough enemies will come through.

Just make sure to not have your back to this door when it happens and you should be fine. it's really not as difficult as some make it out to seem; just be patient.

calder

On Chapter 9 I think... man there are a couple of rough, really unfun sections near the end of this game huh. Unfortunate.

Top Bottom