• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

So why is this 720p 30fps when Okami and ZOE3 are 1080p and 30-60fps with tons of AA?

Probably for animations or something.

Some games stay at 30 for that reason. Wind Waker HD is staying at 30 too. Considering the fact that they actually put a lot of effort into this HD collection I doubt the answer is just laziness.

I'm ready for this, pre-ordered it with the artbook!

it's been more than 5 years since i played it, can't wait to start again :)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
So why is this 720p 30fps when Okami and ZOE3 are 1080p and 30-60fps with tons of AA?

It's somewhere in between 720p and 1080p and upscaled to 1080p. ZOE 2 had way better FPS than KH in the PS2 era.

Could it have been better? Who knows. It looks great tho.

it's much, much larger than 720p, very nearly 1080p. when you boot up the game there are small black borders around the image because it's not being scaled. if you want you can enlarge it slightly to fit the screen, and the IQ impact is unnoticable.

i think people will be very surprised how sharp the image is. the quoted image above isn't too far off.

Some games stay at 30 fps to maintain the original look. All KH games are locked at 30fps. I heard somewhere that the game could have possibly been ran in 1080p and if you have cfw you can try to force it I think.

The Lamp

It still completely BLOWS MY FUCKING MIND that the assets for any game can just be lost, nevermind a game as magnanimous and important as Kingdom Hearts.

Like, WHAT?

How large could they be? They couldn't devote one fucking hard drive to it? How did it happen?

What a costly, colossal and careless mistake, even if things have turned out alright at present.

What are you talking about?

It still completely BLOWS MY FUCKING MIND that the assets for any game can just be lost, nevermind a game as magnanimous and important as Kingdom Hearts.

Like, WHAT?

How large could they be? They couldn't devote one fucking hard drive to it? How did it happen?

What a costly, colossal and careless mistake, even if things have turned out alright at present.

It happens more often than you think, even in big important hollywood productions.

Question:

I never played 358/2, but everyone (maybe just the Japanese) go freaking gaga over Xion. Do you think HD will do her arc justice or is it worth picking up 358/2?

Famassu

You'd be playing it at least a second time any way because of the sub 15-hour trophy so I don't have a problem with it. Beginner will be my sub 15-hour/no changing equipment/no continues run.
KH1 is still manageable, but you have to beat ReCoM six times. SIX FUCKING TIMES. Because difficulty trophies don't stack. And two of those playthroughs have to be extremely grindy get all cards/100% completion runs (because the game doesn't do new game+)

Like, WHAT?

It happens. Often even though stuff is stored it gets lost and there's really nothing anyone can do about it. SQEX isn't even close to being the only company in the world who has had this happen. Not in gaming and not in the entertainment industry altogether.

Seda

Question:

I never played 358/2, but everyone (maybe just the Japanese) go freaking gaga over Xion. Do you think HD will do her arc justice or is it worth picking up 358/2?

The game itself is very repetitive. I figure the cutscenes should be enough. She certainly has her fans.

the chris

I'm pretty sure it has been talked about already, but does this have skippable cutscenes? I used to hate watching the same cutscene over and over again when I died to a certain boss.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
KH1 is still manageable, but you have to beat ReCoM six times. SIX FUCKING TIMES. Because difficulty trophies don't stack. And two of those playthroughs have to be extremely grindy get all cards/100% completion runs (because the game doesn't do new game+)
I didn't look at a roadmap for that game. Holy shit. :lol

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Probably for animations or something.

Some games stay at 30 for that reason. Wind Waker HD is staying at 30 too. Considering the fact that they actually put a lot of effort into this HD collection I doubt the answer is just laziness.

For what it's worth, Kingdom Hearts 2 is playable at 60fps on PC using an emulator and the same thing is possible with Kingdom Hearts 1.

frame_rate_comparison_by_alo81-d6b7kns.gif

1080p as well.

pcsx2_r5350_2013_03_22_19_31_41_72_by_alo81-d6l7733.jpg

For what it's worth, Kingdom Hearts 2 is playable at 60fps on PC using an emulator and the same thing is possible with Kingdom Hearts 1.

frame_rate_comparison_by_alo81-d6b7kns.gif

1080p as well.

pcsx2_r5350_2013_03_22_19_31_41_72_by_alo81-d6l7733.jpg

There have been 60 fps codes for every kingdom hearts game on pcsx2 and ppsspp.

You can find them online.

Tagg9

Damn those do look awesome. Makes me hope that KH2.5 will at least get a PS4 port.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So I'm getting this, then GTAV, then Final Fantasy X/X2 HD, then a PS4 with Drive Club and possibly others.

Sigh...the shit I have to deal with.

Tsunamo

That is touched up. No way is that an actual screen you would see in the game.
Minus being a tiny bit more jagged this is pretty close to what it looks like in-game at 1080i/p, it's pretty stunning.

Like, WHAT?

I also think they lost the final source code to Final Fantasy VII and had to give the recent PC versions team a beta version of it to be based off of for the remake. It is pretty baffling, but it sounds like Square-Enix didn't seem to think about backing it up back then.
1080p as well.
2.5 can't come soon enough!

Rhiwion

Banned
So after this game sells a million copies, it will be totally fine if I combine those numbers with Days' sales data to prove people love days, right?

No, Days has been terrible in many ways. At least on the gameplay part. :(

I didn't really realise how hyped I was.

So what's the best way to get all the trophies? How many playthroughs is required?

I want to have pure fun on my first playthrough, so what would be easiest?

I think ps3trophies already has a trophy guide up but it's somewhat restrictive in collecting the trophies. You need at least three full playtroughs due to the difficulty trophies not stacking. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I need this game asap!! COME ON, SEP13!

August, filled with games! First D3 and now this :D

also

Banned
Question:

You should play the game. They did a really shitty job with the ''movie'' because they left out all the boss fights. The emotional impact of the ''end'' is totally ruined because of this.

this-is-beautiful.gif

I didn't really realise how hyped I was.

So what's the best way to get all the trophies? How many playthroughs is required?

I want to have pure fun on my first playthrough, so what would be easiest?
3 playtroughs are required since difficulty trophies don't stack. Personally I'll do proud first without rushing and doing all the content in the game. Then beginner mode speedrun where I'll get the unchanging armor and 15 hour trophies and lastly a standard run with no continues (pickin shield for this and saving at every point. Death=load game).

Famassu

That trophy for 15 hours or less. =(
If you're going for Platinum, just do the speed run at the same time you do your easy run through. Maybe play it through on some other difficulty level first to get familiar with the levels, you shouldn't have too much problem with the speedrun.

I wonder how crazy it would be to make the Proud run my 100% playthrough?

Tsunamo

Personally I'll do proud first without rushing and doing all the content in the game. Then beginner mode speedrun where I'll get the unchanging armor and 15 hour trophies and lastly a standard run with no continues (pickin shield for this and saving at every point. Death=load game).
This or separating the no changing equipment trophy/doing a under 15 hour speedrun into standard and beginner seems like the way to go. Personally I did what Frank's gonna do and found my Standard run to be not fun because I had no goal to go for, but it's proabably easier to cover both in beginner.
I wonder how crazy it would be to make the Proud run my 100% playthrough?
Minus the gummi ship missions I didn't have too much trouble doing everything in Proud, it was pretty fun up until then.

RPGCrazied

looks like dimensions larger than standard ps3 game (ugly shelf), and i cant tell if this includes a ps3 game case or if its a hybrid "artbook case."

Is that an outerbox? Or is that an artbook case? If you notice the artbook has a different front cover than the box art. I'm going to assume its a standalone book.

1080p as well.

[img][/QUOTE]

KH 2.5, please, [i]please[/i], be either 1080p or 60 fps (as asking for both might be too much).

KH 2.5, please, please, be either 1080p or 60 fps (as asking for both might be too much).

If it's PS3 only then it's not going to happen on KH2. The game is probably quite a bit more specialized than KH1 considering 2 is a technical marvel on PS2. BBS you can hope that for.

Well thumbs up for that PS4 release.

Man it's been too long since I have heard the Billy Zane ham. Such a memorable performance.

If it's PS3 only then it's not going to happen on KH2. The game is probably quite a bit more specialized than KH1 considering 2 is a technical marvel on PS2. BBS you can hope that for.

Well thumbs up for that PS4 release.

Was afraid of that, yeah. KH2 would really shine in glorious 1080p with all the flashy effects. Still, it should be interesting to see how much they can improve BbS for an HD release.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q: Why do they say Sora is everyone in every dimension?
A: Sora=χBlade=(7light)(13dark)+D2D. If that hasn't cleared it up for you i dont know what will.
Can someone please explain :3?

Top Bottom