• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Carbonox

today is the day wooooooooooooooooooo

dunno whether to start with easy so I can just one shot those speed-run/no-continue trophies and get used to the game for the first time in a billion years, or start on Proud and YOLO it.

BHK3

Banned
AFAIK they ain't that bad in Beginner mode at least.

Doing them on proud apparently can be pretty bad.

Do you have to do gummi ship stuff in order to get the 100% trophy? Like getting all the stupid blueprints? If so I may just scrap this playthrough in terms of completing everything and doing all that on beginner.

Just beat
Trickmaster
, the Wonderland boss, and had surprisingly little trouble despite how brutal I'm findng Final Mix's Proud Mode can be. Being level 13 and equipping two Fira Rings (or whatever they are) for the fight made a huge difference.

Now off to Deep Jungle, where I'm sure I'm going to get my ass handed to me by those monkey Heartless...

Do you have to do gummi ship stuff in order to get the 100% trophy? Like getting all the stupid blueprints? If so I may just scrap this playthrough in terms of completing everything and doing all that on beginner.

There isn't a ''100% trophy''. You could do everything else on proud and leave Gummi to beginner if you want.

Unless Gummi ship is needed to have a complete Jiminys Journal but that shouldn't be the case AFAIK.

Sora_N

Random, but did everyone who bought the LE get the theme? Seems Bestbuy Canada's site screwed everyone over on that. :/

BHK3

Banned
There isn't a ''100% trophy''. You could do everything else on proud and leave Gummi to beginner if you want.

Unless Gummi ship is needed to have a complete Jiminys Journal but that shouldn't be the case AFAIK.
Checked, gummi stuff isn't needed for Jiminys journal. HA TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CRICKET
Random, but did everyone who bought the LE get the theme? Seems Bestbuy Canada's site screwed everyone over on that. :/

check your receipt, here gamestop puts codes on that

Iceblade

So it's been established that Proud mode in Final Mix is hard, but is it frustratingly hard? Like, how much does its difficulty rely on the RPG aspects? Or is it just mainly based on how adept you are at dodging and such?

I guess I just don't want to get halfway through the game only to run into a big difficulty spike that can't be surmounted without grinding for materials and crafting insane stuff and leveling up as much as possible.

Klarax

Banned
I'm finding proud mode pretty damn hard.... i don't know it if because games have gradually become easier over time, or I'm just rubbish :p

it took me about 15 tried to defeat the boss of wonderland. and its only the first/second world you go to (depending wjoich world you go to first). God help the end game bosses :S

my tactic might just be to try and clear game, and then start over and do everything else on easier mode :p

Just like all KH games, it starts off a bit tricky and moreso in this because of the lack of default skills - no dodge roll, no block. Level up a bit and things get smoother. I've found all KH games to have the odd moment where I've had to grind a bit (2 or 3 levels making a big difference!) but otherwise they're totally doable. It's the optinal bosses that take the cake on the higher modes. My main frustrations are the known terrible camera and the lock on. It auto soft locks onto the nearest (yellow lock on) thing, but sometimes I want to hit what is now directly behind me (other heartless is on the floor). It's annoying since I'm used to switching angle of attack fluidly in other games.

Iceblade

Thanks for your responses guys. Just one other question:

What are the perks for beating the game on Proud? I've forgotten exactly how the Secret Movie/other unlockable stuff works.

Tsunamo

It's here! :D
Congrats Frank!
It's been a long wait for you (especially with KHGAF posting their Japanese copys :p) but you've finally got it!
Is some of the music different destiny islands sounds different
The tracks have been redone/recomposed so that's probably why it sounds different to you.
If you're going for the platinum trophy then there's one specific trophy that requires getting all gummi ship blueprints (probably the last one you'll get as it takes awhile) but I don't think it's tied to any of the journal trophys or any other ones as Frank said.

Videos don't do justice how sharp this looks when you see it on your own monitor. I know it isn't native but it honest to god looks like 1080p. The only thing I would improve is the AA.

I couldn't tell you Rayman Legends runs on a higher res.

Thanks for your responses guys. Just one other question:

What are the perks for beating the game on Proud? I've forgotten exactly how the Secret Movie/other unlockable stuff works.

You get a shiny trophy for beating it on Proud. Trophies don't stack, so you'll have to earn the other two difficulty trophies if you want a platinum.

If you just beat the game on Proud, I think you get the original secret movie. If you also complete the Journal and lock all worlds, then you get the extended version. Not exactly sure, because different places are listing different ending requirements.

The comments were fair though...

The intro is pretty dull. KHII was just as dull with 3 hours of basically tutorial. The camera is terrible and the platforming is annoying. The combat has always been fun, though! At least they improved some things in later games.

Saying that, I think the intro is probably only exciting the first time through, or at least for me it was. Why? Because I had no idea Tidus and co would show up right there, and then Leon and others. Once that wears off, you realise it's a pretty slow intro!

Yeah, it is a slow intro, but there's definitely a fair bit of action going on. KH2's intro is so much worse for me.

Have some of the Days cutscenes been redubbed? I've not watched them since it came out on the DS, but I don't remember Xaldin sounding so angry.

Ricitor

So it was delivered this morning, unfortunately it wasn't the limited edition but screw it, at least I got the game.

So I'm 2 hours in and still grinding on the Island (just so Proud mode can go a bit smoother). I'm aiming for around level 15 or so before I move on but just blocking Tidus has turned out to be a much better method then previously used so I may push it further.

Holmes

Monstro took me like 15 minutes too :/
Tru. Well, about 30 for me because I tried to go in every room and fight every battle. But for my Final Mix and Proud playthroughs, I'm just trying to beat the game. Leaving all sidequests and exploration for my Beginner playthrough.

So, question for all you Kingdom Hearts plot scholars out there (Birth by Sleep and end of KH I spoilers):

In Deep Jungle, when you're viewing Jane's slides, the first slide (the one of the castle) causes Sora to remark that it looks familiar, even though "he's never left his island before." Since the events of Birth by Sleep, etc. hadn't been planned out by Nomura at this point, what does this mean? Plot-wise we know Ven's heart is sleeping within Sora's during the events of KH, so while it could be referring to one of Ven's memories, we know this can't be true because Nomura hadn't conceived of any of that yet. So is it just a reference to the fact that Kairi's heart is sleeping within his and she grew up in Radiant Garden? Or am I just thinking way too hard about this? Sorry, I'm just really into the overall Kingdom Hearts mythos and I'm having a good time playing the original KH from the perspective of knowing how the events of every other game in the series affects it. :p

Also, I forgot how much I HATE Deep Jungle's layout. Argh.

Is some of the music different destiny islands sounds different

The entire soundtrack for the original Kingdom Hearts has been remastered for this release. All of it is different!

Hystzen

David Boreanaz was the best Squall was pissed they didn't recast him in KH2

in my dream FF8 remake he voices Squall also

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I HAVE IT

I HAVE IT

I HAVE IT

:D :D :D

Seda

So, question for all you Kingdom Hearts plot scholars out there (Birth by Sleep and end of KH I spoilers):

In Deep Jungle, when you're viewing Jane's slides, the first slide (the one of the castle) causes Sora to remark that it looks familiar, even though "he's never left his island before." Since the events of Birth by Sleep, etc. hadn't been planned out by Nomura at this point, what does this mean? Plot-wise we know Ven's heart is sleeping within Sora's during the events of KH, so while it could be referring to one of Ven's memories, we know this can't be true because Nomura hadn't conceived of any of that yet. So is it just a reference to the fact that Kairi's heart is sleeping within his and she grew up in Radiant Garden? Or am I just thinking way too hard about this? Sorry, I'm just really into the overall Kingdom Hearts mythos and I'm having a good time playing the original KH from the perspective of knowing how the events of every other game in the series affects it. :p

Also, I forgot how much I HATE Deep Jungle's layout. Argh.

The slide showing a castle evokes Kairi's memories of Radiant Garden, as you said. And since Kairi's heart is within Sora at that point, and in this franchise, hearts and memories are strongly related, he 'remembers' it too. That's all there is to it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So no one else on GAF experiencing sound issues?

No, I totally was too. I haven't had a chance to revisit, but I had some preliminary good results by turning off the 5.1 sound option in Sound settings on my PS3 (since I have a stereo setup anyway) and checked all 2.1 settings.

Try that and see if your sound improves. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wUGnE51.jpg

Hhfohdfwidduhjajsjälfiflclft

HYPEEEER!!!

Top Bottom