• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

Aeana

I'm still not sure if I should bother buying the circle pad pro or not. I want it, but not spending money is usually better than spending money if it's unnecessary. I'm also not confident that the peripheral will continue to have games made for it, which I guess is the main hold-up.

Vamphuntr

I'm still not sure if I should bother buying the circle pad pro or not. I want it, but not spending money is usually better than spending money if it's unnecessary. I'm also not confident that the peripheral will continue to have games made for it, which I guess is the main hold-up.

Do you have the other games compatible with it released so far like Resident Evil and MGS3 or are you planning to get Monster Hunter eventually? If none of the current and upcoming games are interesting to you outside of KH maybe you should wait a bit. That way if no more games are released for it you won't regret your purchase. I think it's worth it if you have or plan to have 3-4 compatible with it. Otherwise wait for a deal on it.

If I'm remembering right, using the CPP only lets you pan the camera around with the right pad, and gives you a one button lock on with the ZR button. That's about it.

I've pretty much only used mine for Resident Evil.

Seven Force you completed the game right? Could you answer my questions if you know the answers pls :3.

Without spoiling anything, anyone know if this one has an end game secret boss like Kurt Ziza/Sephirot/Vanitas clone in previous games?

Also if there is a secret ending is there some special requirements on hardest difficulty?

Aeana

Do you have the other games compatible with it released so far like Resident Evil and MGS3 or are you planning to get Monster Hunter eventually? If none of the current and upcoming games are interesting to you outside of KH maybe you should wait a bit. That way if no more games are released for it you won't regret your purchase. I think it's worth it if you have or plan to have 3-4 compatible with it. Otherwise wait for a deal on it.
I don't have any games that are compatible with it, no.

If I'm remembering right, using the CPP only lets you pan the camera around with the right pad, and gives you a one button lock on with the ZR button. That's about it.

I've pretty much only used mine for Resident Evil.

Camera control is the whole reason why I want it.

Peff

Honestly, it doesn't look like it'll be very useful here, especially if you've played BbS. Moving between the face buttons and the second stick is a bit awkward, and this game uses all four. It'd be cool if it let you replace the D-pad to change commands, but I think it's not possible.

Seven Force you completed the game right? Could you answer my questions if you know the answers pls :3.

Yes and no.

Without spoiling anything, anyone know if this one has an end game secret boss like Kurt Ziza/Sephirot/Vanitas clone in previous games?
Yeah, there's one in the game.

Also if there is a secret ending is there some special requirements on hardest difficulty?
It's like Birth by Sleep, the higher the difficulty, the easier it is to unlock. There's an additional factor involved as well, although I can't mention that one due to it being spoiler-ish.

MAtgS

There's a secret boss. It originated from a Disney animated short.
I've seen conflicting reports on how to unlock a secret ending.
Apparently it involves either a mini-game played during the credits, how you answer certain questions at the very end (which are supposedly super easy to figure out) or both.

Super excited! I am probably one of the only people I know who still follows the KH series as intensely as I did when KH and KH2 originally came out. This game is pretty much the only reason I haven't sold my 3DS yet. I need my KH fix!

Aeana

Super excited! I am probably one of the only people I know who still follows the KH series as intensely as I did when KH and KH2 originally came out. This game is pretty much the only reason I haven't sold my 3DS yet. I need my KH fix!
Don't worry, duckroll is just as insanely fanatical, if not more. You can be bros.

Seda

I follow the series quite closely too, although some people are on a whole 'nother level.

Cheska

Seeing this thread bumped got me excited until I realized it was only because Europe gets the game next week :( The longer wait is going to be brutal.

Apparently it involves either a mini-game played during the credits, how you answer certain questions at the very end (which are supposedly super easy to figure out) or both.

Both. To be more clear:

- Collect a certain amount of trophies. (similar to Re:Coded) The lower the difficulty, the more trophies you'll have to obtain.
- Answering certain things correctly during the end sequence
- Clearing the mini game during the credits sequence

Bebpo

Banned

It helps a little in the game, but takes a lot of getting used to and moving your hands around to find the right position (because you're still going to want to hit L1 to double tap center the camera quite often).

At first I tried the CCP and didn't like it in KH 3D, so I played half the game without it. Then I gave it another shot and ended up liking it more than without, so I played the 2nd half with it. It's not ideal, but it's a slight improvement. Would only get it if you're going to use it for other games as well.

This game seems a little light on worlds, doesn't it?

They're all fairly big though. You'll get a good 15-20 hours playtime out of them just doing a non-grinding story run.

I have an important question for those who finished the game.

Is it good ? I mean, in France, there's like 2 reviewers (import review) who gaves it a 6/10, which sounds a little bit harsh. How do you feel about the game ? How does it stands about main entries in the serie like KH1, KH2 or KH BBS ?

I didn't find it as great as the console entries + Birth by Sleep, but it's miles above pretty much every other title. The flowmotion stuff is pretty great though, I hope it sees use in future titles.

jimmypython

I have an important question for those who finished the game.

Is it good ? I mean, in France, there's like 2 reviewers (import review) who gaves it a 6/10, which sounds a little bit harsh. How do you feel about the game ? How does it stands about main entries in the serie like KH1, KH2 or KH BBS ?

I have finished the game long ago. And my brief before-ending impression still holds: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37236677&postcount=478

BTW this is my early impression (still quite brief): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36610040&postcount=369

It is not as good as BBS or KH2, but has some good directions (no, I'm not saying the free flow system) the series can follow IMO.

It's pretty standard KH fare up until the final world. Then it goes off the deep end.

Err, exactly how far off the deep end does it go? The plot of the franchise in general is a twisted, convoluted mess (and I somehow understand what's going on) as it is. This kind of scares me as the standard for "deep end" is pretty high right now.

RPGCrazied

How do you rotate the camera without the circle pad? Please tell me not the touch screen. I'd rather not have to move the camera with the stylus trying to play the game.

Eh, if you know that Sora is all the good guys, you already know the converse for the bad guys.

Well when you put it like that, I guess it's not too bad.

How do you rotate the camera without the circle pad? Please tell me not the touch screen. I'd rather not have to move the camera with the stylus trying to play the game.

Just do it PS2 style and make sure you have something locked on and the camera will do the rest of the work. I don't understand why everyone says the camera is off. I played the demo just fine.

ZenaxPure

Like Kingdom Hearts 1?

Yeah, I think most people forget that lol. Camera control in the original KH was with the shoulder buttons. So weird, though, not uncommon around that time.

As it's been said, though, if you just use lock on the game will handle the rest, camera will just focus on the closest target.

Lijik

It's pretty standard KH fare up until the final world. Then it goes off the deep end.

Are we talking more or less crazier than a journal gaining sentience and taking the form of Riku.

Yeah, I think most people forget that lol. Camera control in the original KH was with the shoulder buttons. So weird, though, not uncommon around that time.

As it's been said, though, if you just use lock on the game will handle the rest, camera will just focus on the closest target.
Im so used to the camera being L/R thanks to KH1 and the handheld titles that KH2 always feels weird to me the first few seconds I get back into.

Top Bottom