• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

IIRC, Xion is projecting as herself shortly before endgame.

He sees her as Xion until she starts becoming Sora at endgame.

I thought that he starts seeing her as Sora after she loses to him. He lifted up the blindfold and had that "WHAT DA FUCK?!" look on his face.

I don't think that Namine Xion and Roxas can have proper ships since they're all parts of someone else.

I think it'll end Aqua and Ventus (as friends) and Terra unless he dies in KH3 (which I think is pretty likely), Sora/Roxas and Namine/Kairi, Riku get the darkness immunity and becomes the ultimate keyblade master, Axel manages to turn Isa back into his friend, and everyone else goes back to their respective worlds.

Actually, having said that, I'm a little curious. Why didn't Xehanort try to hijack Riku instead of Sora? Does his immunity to the darkness make his heart completely unremovable? He seems like the ultimate candidate for the X-Blade. It required a balance of light and dark focused into one single location, which was the reason for Ventus and Vanitas. Riku's basically half light and half dark at this point since he can use both without any side effects. I think that he might actually end up getting the X-Blade in KH3.

Also, I'm waiting patiently for a Dynasty Warriors for KH taking place during the Keyblade War.

Malyse

I thought that he starts seeing her as Sora after she loses to him. He lifted up the blindfold and had that "WHAT DA FUCK?!" look on his face.

I don't think that Namine Xion and Roxas can have proper ships since they're all parts of someone else.

I think it'll end Aqua and Ventus (as friends) and Terra unless he dies in KH3 (which I think is pretty likely), Sora/Roxas and Namine/Kairi, Riku get the darkness immunity and becomes the ultimate keyblade master, Axel manages to turn Isa back into his friend, and everyone else goes back to their respective worlds.

Actually, having said that, I'm a little curious. Why didn't Xehanort try to hijack Riku instead of Sora? Does his immunity to the darkness make his heart completely unremovable? He seems like the ultimate candidate for the X-Blade. It required a balance of light and dark focused into one single location, which was the reason for Ventus and Vanitas. Riku's basically half light and half dark at this point since he can use both without any side effects. I think that he might actually end up getting the X-Blade in KH3.
Re:Xehanort

Young Xehanort to Riku said:
We originally had our sights set on you. But, you developed a certain... resistance to darkness. So we did what the Keyblade did, and moved down the list

Also, KH3D basically screams "hey we're bringing back Xion and Roxas" for the whole last world. Dream Drop Distance is as much a prequel lead in to III as CoM was to II. This why you can expect Kairi to play a significant role as well. And Coded is saying "hey, we haven't forgotten Naminé either".

You don't think Riku would be shook by a third girl with Kairi's face?

And we already had a Keyblade Wars game.

Malyse

So Riku is OP?
No, Aqua is.

----

xion_transparent_by_krystal_lily_potter-d6izumq.png

zeemumu

Re:Xehanort

Also, KH3D basically screams "hey we're bringing back Xion and Roxas" for the whole last world. Dream Drop Distance is as much a prequel lead in to III as CoM was to II. This why you can expect Kairi to play a significant role as well. And Coded is saying "hey, we haven't forgotten Naminé either".

You don't think Riku would be shook by a third girl with Kairi's face?

And we already had a Keyblade Wars game.

Oh wow, I really DON'T remember anything from DDD.

Is the realm of Darkness basically the shadow realm? Because not a single person has actually flat out died in this series, except for the Disney villains who can be resurrected whenever a main plot villain needs them to be.

Famassu

I'm not quite so certain that they are going to "bring Roxas back" as a character of his own Roxas. Roxas as a nobody-returned-to-his-original-self is an integral part of Sora I'm fairly certain can't be undone. They couldn't just rip him out without that affecting Sora, I don't think. That said, I think when they bring Ven back, we'll find out that with Sora returning Ventus' heart to himself, Ventus will actually remember all the time he spent as Roxas and that Roxas was basically Ven all along, though he couldn't remember it. And they don't even have to bring back Roxas & Xion as champions of the light, given that

Sora
Lea
Riku
Mickey
Kairi
Aqua
Ven

already quite likely make up 7 of the 7 warriors of light who'll battle against the 13 of darkness. So neither of those characters are even needed from a story POV.

The only way I could see them somehow bullshitting Roxas back into existence as a separate character from Ven is if they can somehow harness the power of KH at the end of KHIII after defeating Master Xehanort and used that to bring back people they've lost like Roxas, Namine, Xion & uncorrupted-by-darkness Terra.

Keep Xion, Namine and Roxas buried. The only one I approve is Roxas's memories transferred to Ven. KH3 really needs to end this fuckin clone saga. Namine was 1000x more interesting character as the witch in CoM than the nobody of Kairi post CoM.

And pls for the love of god if KH4 ever happens just make original characters with no stupid ties to the existing cast. It's really getting annoying post KH2.

I have compained about this before but what the fuck is the point of the character arcs for Roxas and Xion if they come back? That alone ruins all the good things about their story and then we are stuck with them for all eternity.

The "Ven gets all of Roxas' memories" thing doesn't really work, like, at all. Roxas and Ventus are completely different from each other personality-wise.

Keep Xion, Namine and Roxas buried. The only one I approve is Roxas's memories transferred to Ven. KH3 really needs to end this fuckin clone saga.

And pls for the love of god if KH4 ever happens just make original characters with no stupid ties to the existing cast. It's really getting annoying post KH2.

I have compained about this before but what the fuck is the point of the character arcs for Roxas and Xion if they come back? That alone ruins all the good things about their story and then we are stuck with them for all eternity.

While I don't care for Days or Xion, I feel like bringing her back would completely undermine whatever significance her sacrifice had. Having everyone remember her existence and her sacrifice would be a far more elegant way to handle things.

The "Ven gets all of Roxas' memories" thing doesn't really work, like, at all. Roxas and Ventus are completely different from each other personality-wise.

I don't see how that matters.

Malyse

I'm not quite so certain that they are going to "bring Roxas back" as a character of his own Roxas. Roxas as a nobody-returned-to-his-original-self is an integral part of Sora I'm fairly certain can't be undone. They couldn't just rip him out without that affecting Sora, I don't think. That said, I think when they bring Ven back, we'll find out that with Sora returning Ventus' heart to himself, Ventus will actually remember all the time he spent as Roxas and that Roxas was basically Ven all along, though he couldn't remember it. And they don't even have to bring back Roxas & Xion as champions of the light, given that

Sora
Lea
Riku
Mickey
Kairi
Aqua
Ven

already quite likely make up 7 of the 7 warriors of light who'll battle against the 13 of darkness. So neither of those characters are even needed from a story POV.

The only way I could see them somehow bullshitting Roxas back into existence as a separate character from Ven is if they can somehow harness the power of KH at the end of KHIII after defeating Master Xehanort and used that to bring back people they've lost like Roxas, Namine, Xion & uncorrupted-by-darkness Terra.

Sora is almost certainly a darkness. Sora directly tells Roxas that he deserves to be his own person.
tumblr_me4hrfqHCh1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

tumblr_me4hrfqHCh1qbc2ylo2_500.gif

Plus they are clearly having Jesse differentiate Ventus voice from Roxas voice.

You can replace Ven with Sora and that's the situation we are in now.

Well at least if Xion comes back I'm looking foreward to the awkward as fuck Father-Daughter relationship between her and Even.

Malyse

Keep Xion, Namine and Roxas buried. The only one I approve is Roxas's memories transferred to Ven. KH3 really needs to end this fuckin clone saga. Namine was 1000x more interesting character as the witch in CoM than the nobody of Kairi post CoM.

While I don't care for Days or Xion, I feel like bringing her back would completely undermine whatever significance her sacrifice had. Having everyone remember her existence and her sacrifice would be a far more elegant way to handle things.

Yeeees. And this is why it will be so entertaining when she returns. And they have already announced that KH3 is not the end of the series and that the series will always be Sora's story. So you're just outta luck.

I don't see how that matters.
It's stupid, because Ven would either have to have Roxas' personality or his own. You can't have him go from super happy optimistic kid to dark, angry, and probably depressed teenager. Plus how do you handle his relationship with Aqua and Terra and Roxas' relationship with Axel, Xion, and Namine? It's a pain in the ass to write and a lot of fans will be pissed, and that's why Nomura will probably have Roxas come back.

Yeeees. And this is why it will be so entertaining when she returns. And they have already announced that KH3 is not the end of the series and that the series will always be Sora's story. So you're just outta luck.

Well it will certainly be something if they can retroactively make 358/2 Days even worse.

Malyse

Plus if Roxas was just Ventus, why tell us that nobodies can grow new hearts? That was the biggest telegraph of all.

Caladrius

Plus if Roxas was just Ventus, why tell us that nobodies can grow new hearts? That was the biggest telegraph of all.

We know how things are probably going to go down, our beef is as to whether or not it's the best thing to do from a writing standpoint.

I wonder what they'll do with Vanitas? I'm thinking he's probably going to be a boss in KH3 and that's it. Is he one of the 13 Darknesses?

Almost certainly going to be one of the 13 Darknesses. He's already got the gold eyes.

Bladenic

I really wanna make a post about Sora and KH3 and a million other things maybe.

But for now, a random question popped in my head. The voice that was present in KH1 and BBS (I assume it's the same one). Have we ever been told who it is? Has Nomura commented on it? Anything in the Ultimania books about it? Im referring to the voice that speaks to Sora and Ven during the dive to the heart segments, and also shows up at End of The World before the final door.

Malyse

But for now, a random question popped in my head. The voice that was present in KH1 and BBS (I assume it's the same one). Have we ever been told who it is? Has Nomura commented on it? Anything in the Ultimania books about it? Im referring to the voice that speaks to Sora and Ven during the dive to the heart segments, and also shows up at End of The World before the final door.
Mickey in KH1. Sora in BBS.

Mickey in KH1, Sora in BBS.

Sora
Lea
Riku
Mickey
Kairi
Aqua
Ven

Never realized kairi was one of the 7 warriors of light? So terra isn't apart of that group?

id love to have a choice in party members i.e

aqua
ven/roxas
kairi
riku
donald goofy
mickey
and sora as main (obviously)
terra ? (probably dark)

Famassu

Never realized kairi was one of the 7 warriors of light? So terra isn't apart of that group?
Well, it's pretty obvious they'll start to train her into a keyblade wielder at the end of Dream Drop Distance + we've already seen her wielding a keyblade in KHII. What else would she become if not one of the 7?

And I guess there could be some shenanigans with Terra and Sora and in some surprise twist they actually manage to save Terra to become one of the light and while Xehanort & gang manage to snap up Sora so that he becomes one of the darknesses, but maybe not. And if not, then Terra is firmly in the Darkness side of things, still being a vessel for Xehanort.

id love to have a choice in party members i.e

aqua
ven/roxas
kairi
riku
donald goofy
mickey
and sora as main (obviously)
terra ? (probably dark)
I really, really, REEEEEEALLY hope they continue on the path of multiple playable characters. It's probably delusional to hope that all of the 7 would be playable, but I hope that at least Sora, Riku and Kairi are. Will be somewhat disappointing if it's just Sora, no matter how fun he'll be to play as.

aravuus

Mickey is such a boring ass character.

Wtf!!

I really, really, REEEEEEALLY hope they continue on the path of multiple playable characters. It's probably delusional to hope that all of the 7 would be playable, but I hope that at least Sora, Riku and Kairi are. Will be somewhat disappointing if it's just Sora, no matter how fun he'll be to play as.

As long as it's not done like BBS did it, I agree. Getting dropped back to level 1 with shit commands twice before you get to finish the game was annoying imho.

Anyone expecting great things of the inevitable Lea-Isa clash on KH3?
i hope we can play as Lea alone there, and that the aftermath scenes deliver the feels.

Malyse

i still don't think that it should be mickey that doesn't seem right

mabye the voice is kingdom hearts itself?

That wasn't a guess. It's Mickey.

Terra got got ages ago. Xehanort bragged to Mickey about it:
Yes, little king. Perceptive. But Sora and another on your list belong to me now. And that puts you three guardians short.
And Young Xehanort told Sora that he was one of the thirteen:
Today, all of my selves throughout time, were meant to gather here and to welcome you, Sora, as our thirteenth member. These facts cannot be changed.

Village

I need to be able to play as Riku da Gawd. And while I wouldn't mind 3 campaigns starting from the lowest level. I think it would be interesting if as suggested by a video a while ago

Kairi starts and super low level and her level cap ( at least on regular difficulties , I'll get to that later ) isn't that high and her stuff is easier.

Sora starts at like a middling level and his level cap is like 60 or 70

And Riku Starts like around 70 and goes up to or over 100.

And I would like for there to be some type of new game + functionality that would expand combat functionality by having you take your level into the new harder difficulty with new enemies and bosses. And then would allow for your characters to level up further and gain new " True" abilities in these more difficult modes. All this culminating into having A sora, a riku and a Kairi that starts end up having movesets that reflect people who have been doing this for years of their life in a very difficult and Engaging final boss battle. Obviously with my idea they would have to start you out with a bunch of powers and the power spread would be different, but I think it could work.

Also, as far as OTP goes, I'm a guy who hates HATES the trope of " rivals enemies are secretly in love " its silly, played out and Pseudo Freudian nonsense, and seems juvenile.Sora always seemed like he really liked riku though.

Psxphile

Multiple playable characters are such a good fit for this series. I loved it in Com, BbS, and DDD. How else am I going to get to play as Kairi?

Dimensional Drive System®: using a combination of Sora's new Drive-capable clothes and Aqua's Wayfinder Charm he's able to physically become his friends and add their abilities to his own for a limited time.

Sora *is* everyone!

jus' sayin'... *slinks off*

Caladrius

And I would like for there to be some type of new game + functionality that would expand combat functionality by having you take your level into the new harder difficulty with new enemies and bosses. And then would allow for your characters to level up further and gain new " True" abilities in these more difficult modes. All this culminating into having A sora, a riku and a Kairi that starts end up having movesets that reflect people who have been doing this for years of their life in a very difficult and Engaging final boss battle. Obviously with my idea they would have to start you out with a bunch of powers and the power spread would be different, but I think it could work.

I like this idea a lot, actually. Sadly not likely since 3 is almost certainly going to have a very tight production schedule, but it'd be a great idea for the future.

Multiple playable characters are such a good fit for this series. I loved it in Com, BbS, and DDD. How else am I going to get to play as Kairi?

Yes, there's a very large ensemble cast now, so it's better that they're actually, k'now, used, as opposed to being Sora's lackeys and cheerleaders.

They could get away with it in 1 and 2, but now that there's a large collection of usable characters, all of which have their own differentiated fighting styles, It'd be a tremendous waste not to make use of it, especially since Keyblade Transformations are taking center stage this time and would make an excellent launching point to create diverse movesets out of.

It's still a crime against gaming that a proper game making use of the large usable roster hasn't been made yet.

Malyse

How would you feel about the game between kh3 and 4 pokemoning? Like there's a Days version with Roxas Xion Axel, a BBS version with Terra Aqua Ventus, a Destiny Islands version with Sora Riku Kairi. And while each takes place over the same time period and with overlapping worlds, each trio has there one threat: Nobodies, Unversed, Heartless respectively.

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys

Guys

Ventus reverse-wields keyblades

Roxas dual-wields the right way round

Roxas and Ventus merge into Rontus-Vexas who wields a Keyblade out both ends like a bo staff

And then he has an epic bo staff duel with Darth Maul in the Star Wars world

Square Enix hire me

j/k already hired

iosefe

Guys

Guys

Roxas and Ventus merge into Rontus-Vexas who wields a Keyblade out both ends like a bo staff

Square Enix hire me

j/k already hired

or double Reverse grip like Ahsoka

zeemumu

Guys

Guys

Square Enix hire me

j/k already hired

Posted it before but it's really relevant now.

Top Bottom