• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

''Fans will be happy to know that Kingdom Hearts II looks incredible on the PlayStation 3, with the bright colors and stylish worlds coming to life in 720p.''

That's what you get for treating the technical side as some sort of national secret SE :/

Falk

that puzzling face
That's what you get for treating the technical side as some sort of national secret SE :/

I don't understand how people in this day and age can screw stuff like this up. It's not like you need a doctorate in Eye Studies Rocket Surgery to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

edit: To be fair he could have simply set his PS3 to 720p which makes the statement accurate. Derision withdrawn!

Tsunamo

C'mon low quality camera footage trailer leak.

Interesting that The Land of Departure is back considering what happened to it, makes me wonder how far in it appears story wise.

Psxphile

C'mon low quality camera footage trailer leak.

Interesting that The Land of Departure is back considering what happened to it, makes me wonder how far in it appears story wise.

Was hoping it was a mistake and they're really seeing Daybreak Town but I'm sure KH fans attending the event familiar with BBS wouldn't make such a blatant error. If it's truly LoD, then it's either a scene that occurs much later or they timeskipped ahead to a point where
Aqua had already been saved from the Dark Realm
. Which would alleviate the story overhead they would have to go into and jump straight into
saving Ven and Terra and defeating the new Org
... but in the process disappoint a whole bunch of people who would want to see/play that part of the plot.

But hey, they can just fart out DLC 2 months after release that goes into that part and make a pretty buck out of it. Sounds like something SE would do.

Kinsei

Banned
Was hoping it was a mistake and they're really seeing Daybreak Town but I'm sure KH fans attending the event familiar with BBS wouldn't make such a blatant error. If it's truly LoD, then it's either a scene that occurs much later or they timeskipped ahead to a point where
Aqua had already been saved from the Dark Realm
. Which would alleviate the story overhead they would have to go into and jump straight into
saving Ven and Terra and defeating the new Org
... but in the process disappoint a whole bunch of people who would want to see/play that part of the plot.

But hey, they can just fart out DLC 2 months after release that goes into that part and make a pretty buck out of it. Sounds like something SE would do.

It could also be that
saving Aqua is this games tutorial.

Psxphile

Germany launch event didn't have a KH3 sneak peek, but it *did* have cake:

Kneba5b.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Saw this on Facebook. "Inside the Kingdom, with Heart" private event that will take place on December 1st, one day before the game comes out.

Normally I don't pay attention to these things, but this caught my eye:

My first guess is that it's going to be some BS montage for 2.5, but I want to believe in something bigger. :eek:

You wish lol.

https://www.facebook.com/VGOOnline/posts/10152884296185761

So uh. I guess it's time to come clean. There's a bunch of stuff to which we're sworn complete secrecy and I'm forcing myself to actually resort to misdirection rather than simply shutting up about it because I'm a troll and a terrible person in real life so you shouldn't ever believe anything I post or imply about Square Enix stuff. :(

Weiss

Banned
I'm doing a replay of the original KH soon, where I'm just planning on getting Ultima Weapon and defeating all the secret bosses. My first playthrough I picked Sword and dropped Shield and died a lot, so I'm going to pick either Staff or Shield this time. Which is better for doing the Synthesis events to get Ultima Weapon and beat all the secret bosses?

https://www.facebook.com/VGOOnline/posts/10152884296185761

So uh. I guess it's time to come clean. There's a bunch of stuff to which we're sworn complete secrecy and I'm forcing myself to actually resort to misdirection rather than simply shutting up about it because I'm a troll and a terrible person in real life so you shouldn't ever believe anything I post or imply about Square Enix stuff. :(

In your defense, Square-Enix is exactly the type of company that would hype up some really stupid rehashed footage.

I'm doing a replay of the original KH soon, where I'm just planning on getting Ultima Weapon and defeating all the secret bosses. My first playthrough I picked Sword and dropped Shield and died a lot, so I'm going to pick either Staff or Shield this time. Which is better for doing the Synthesis events to get Ultima Weapon and beat all the secret bosses?

Shield is the best for fast synthesis since you get Lucky Strike earliest and that helps getting the materials. IMO you should never drop Staff since having lower AP is kind of annoying.

Seda

Remind me.

Should I try to synthesize one of each recipe / free development item? I know you had to do this in KH1 to unlock more items, but what about here?

edit: bah wrong KH thread

Falk

that puzzling face
YOU HAVE TO ANYWAY FOR THE PLAT

(Although prioritizing moogle xp to start with helps a lot since higher moogle level cuts required mats)

How many worlds do you guys expect in KH3? They should be bigger than ever.

Considering the amount of work is growing I expect a little less than KH2 so they can do with less assets and just make the worlds bigger. Maybe something like 8 Disney worlds + 3 originals.

I don't really care about the count that much. As long as it's over 6 Disney worlds you can make a great variety with good selections. I'm more conserned if they can make the worlds good. I'd rather have that than 15 worlds with each having~20 minute visits.

I do expect them not to reuse worlds as much as KH2 tho.

iosefe

Considering the amount of work is growing I expect a little less than KH2 so they can do with less assets and just make the worlds bigger. Maybe something like 8 Disney worlds + 3 originals.

I don't really care about the count that much. As long as it's over 6 Disney worlds you can make a great variety with good selections. I'm more conserned if they can make the worlds good. I'd rather have that than 15 worlds with each having~20 minute visits.

I do expect them not to reuse worlds as much as KH2 tho.
I think 12 is a good number. Plus the 13 th super endgame level.

In terms of returning levels... Castle Oblivion, Land of departure. Radiant Garden likely to return. Olympus. At that, I would like 3-4 New Disney, and 2-3 originals, including the endgame world

Malyse

I'm gonna guess one original hub world, 8 Disney/copyrighted worlds, two original worlds (one will probably be Radian Garden), one final world, then one FINAL world.

Assuming it survives
the increasingly canon
[chi], Daybreak Town will be the hub.

Land of Departures
/Castle Oblivion
will be back, as likely will Destiny Islands for the final fight. Expect Frozen, New York, Lothal, and if we're lucky, Prydain.

Falk

that puzzling face
dear diary:

today I realized Kingdom Hearts is the Assassin's Creed of Disney features.

before KH I couldn't remember the difference between snow white, sleeping beauty, etc and which princes and evil queens are which because i'm a horrible person

Malyse

dear diary:

today I realized Kingdom Hearts is the Assassin's Creed of Disney features.

before KH I couldn't remember the difference between snow white, sleeping beauty, etc and which princes and evil queens are which because i'm a horrible person

You are a monster.
and it has nothing to do with your post. :p

Which lamp is this?

The final 3rd lamp, idk is it because I'm playing in proud but I've been mashing like crazy but no luck. Currently stuck in this section of the beast castle.

Edit: I didn't realize you had to destroy the boxes.. I was just sprinting and smashing like a mad man slow F****** moment lol -.-

zeemumu

Assuming it survives
the increasingly canon
[chi], Daybreak Town will be the hub.

Land of Departures
/Castle Oblivion
will be back, as likely will Destiny Islands for the final fight. Expect Frozen, New York, Lothal, and if we're lucky, Prydain.

I assumed daybreak was the keyblade graveyard.

Top Bottom