• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Protag

Banned
They all started out in the same timeline, but they have been separated and are now running on separate time. There's a possibility of a time dilation in worlds closer to the darkness.

That makes me wonder, if someone were to travel outside a country like,lets say, china, in land of dragons, what would they find?

Would one hit a wall or...it makes me wonder

zeemumu

Nothingless is a physical thing in KH, you know.

I don't think the outer world models are accurate representations of the world itself. All of Tarzan's world isn't that jungle. Jane and Clayton came from SOMEWHERE after all. The walls prevented people from leaving the world, not leaving the area. So if Mulan left China she'd just end up elsewhere. Only the most powerful beings on each world are aware of interplanetary travel. I'd like to see what King Triton's first interaction with the keyblade welders was.

Psxphile

I'd like to see what King Triton's first interaction with the keyblade welders was.

Missed opportunity to have TVA interact with Atlantica, but for all we know the royal line may have been privy to information about keybearers and the danger they represent since the aftermath of the war.

Malyse

Welp. We know that name of a sixth faction in [chi]: Ephemera. And this story is getting insane. That book of prophecy (also name dropped in re:coded) is almost 100% playing a role in KH3. I'm starting to think that [chi] might end up being more important than 3D.

zeemumu

Welp. We know that name of a sixth faction in [chi]: Ephemera. And this story is getting insane. That book of prophecy (also name dropped in re:coded) is almost 100% playing a role in KH3. I'm starting to think that [chi] might end up being more important than 3D.

That's disappointing to hear because it's not translated yet, but let me see if I've got the gist of chi's story:

So the world was happy, and there was a main guy who had 6 apprentices, and he gave 5 of them a book a prophecy that said that shit was about to go down, so they started their factions to combat the darkness and prevent the end, while the sixth was doing something sketchy that has only been rumored of as of right now. Is that all of it?

Malyse

That's disappointing to hear because it's not translated yet, but let me see if I've got the gist of chi's story:

So the world was happy, and there was a main guy who had 6 apprentices, and he gave 5 of them a book a prophecy that said that shit was about to go down, so they started their factions to combat the darkness and prevent the end, while the sixth was doing something sketchy that has only been rumored of as of right now. Is that all of it?

It's not quite that cut and dry. One of these days I'll write a proper [chi] story analysis.

Malyse

So Eraqus probably was evil then. I guess Xehanort was right. The balances are screwed up.
Not necessarily. He was acting in good faith but KH has always been about Light =! Good and Dark =! Bad. Riku shows the second and Eraqus trying to kill Ventus the first. But the balances are completely hosed.

zeemumu

Not necessarily. He was acting in good faith but KH has always been about Light =! Good and Dark =! Bad. Riku shows the second and Eraqus trying to kill Ventus the first. But the balances are completely hosed.

I think Eraqus got completely corrupted by the light and Xehanort let himself get corrupted by the darkness to give himself an edge as the physical manifestation of that part of the balance.

Malyse

I think Eraqus got completely corrupted by the light and Xehanort let himself get corrupted by the darkness to give himself an edge as the physical manifestation of that part of the balance.
I'm thinking / hoping [chi] introduces light based enemies.

zeemumu

I'm thinking / hoping [chi] introduces light based enemies.

The keyblade wielders would be the light based enemies. The over world is the realm of light so its denizens would have to be the enemies. Realm of light has people, darkness has the heartless, and in between has the nobodies.

It's getting closer to the idea that Star Wars had that your element alignment can be separate from your morals. You can be a good darkness or an evil light. Riku's and example of a good darkness and Eraqus would be the bad light.

Malyse

The keyblade wielders would be the light based enemies. The over world is the realm of light so its denizens would have to be the enemies. Realm of light has people, darkness has the heartless, and in between has the nobodies.

It's getting closer to the idea that Star Wars had that your element alignment can be separate from your morals. You can be a good darkness or an evil light. Riku's and example of a good darkness and Eraqus would be the bad light.
Not like that.
Nothingness - Nobody
Darkness - Heartless
Negativity - Unversed
Light - ???

zeemumu

Not like that.
Nothingness - Nobody
Darkness - Heartless
Negativity - Unversed
Light - ???

The realm of light is the overworld where everyone exists. They don't have a monster type because the characters are its citizens. Light and dark exist in the opposite realm in low amounts with dark existing in light in the form of shadow and light existing in dark in the form of Kingdom Hearts.

Psxphile

We FF3 now. When do I get to play as a Keyblade wielder from the realm of Darkness journeying to stop the Light from getting too strong? Guess they'd have to do something about that whole 'realm is nothing but Heartless' thing though.

zeemumu

We FF3 now. When do I get to play as a Keyblade wielder from the realm of Darkness journeying to stop the Light from getting too strong? Guess they'd have to do something about that whole 'realm is nothing but Heartless' thing though.

Just have it be the heartless of a keyblade wielder, or be Vanitas. There is one thing I don't understand. If the keyblades were made by people, how did the kingdom key d get into the realm of darkness?

Yay!
image.jpg

EDIT: reindeer Goofy and snow man Donald... Perfect

Psxphile

I have to imagine the realm of darkness was once... not so dark. Like something catastrophic happened and it just became this hellhole overflowing with shadow monsters. Which reminds me of the 'Dark City' in TWTNW... it seemed like it had people in it at some point, and then shit when down. The crashed truck in the alleyway next to the skyscraper makes it appear that whoever lived there were quickly overwhelmed by some great calamity.

Banzai

Not like that.
Nothingness - Nobody
Darkness - Heartless
Negativity - Unversed
Light - ???

I was thinking it'd be more like this for KH3:

Heart - Heartless
Body - Nobody
Will(power) - ???

sorta like a bunch of little lingering sentiments running around. im pretty sure there was an interview around that named will as the third part to living things in the kh universe.

i would really be interested in that chi summary when you do get the time.

Malyse

I have to imagine the realm of darkness was once... not so dark. Like something catastrophic happened and it just became this hellhole overflowing with shadow monsters. Which reminds me of the 'Dark City' in TWTNW... it seemed like it had people in it at some point, and then shit when down. The crashed truck in the alleyway next to the skyscraper makes it appear that whoever lived there were quickly overwhelmed by some great calamity.
I'm fairly certain that TWTNW was part of the realm of light and was forcibly dragged toward darkness. Sort of like what happened to Cinderella's world.

zeemumu

Well there's that chamber in hollow bastion that looks like castle oblivion's architecture, and it's implied that they built that room. But if they already had access to the castle, why build that chamber in a completely different location? My guess is that they found castle oblivion's before they became nobodies, built that room to emulate it, then became nobodies, left hollow bastion, and built the castle.

Famassu

You know how in an MMO you don't rteach the main story of the game for like a few dozen hours? Well [chi] does the same thing. It's only in the last half a year or so that we started getting to the Kingdom Hearts part of the plot instead of the Disney Worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlL2VAiYWI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJdQ5jv3a4

Unfortunately, it's not a new faction yet. Still haven't tied down that apprentice :(

That's probably because Nomura has only more recently deliberately been adding stuff into Chi that ties into the story of KHIII as its development & story's writing has advanced, for fans to have some hints as to what will happen in KHIII.

Psxphile

That's probably because Nomura has deliberately been adding stuff into Chi that ties into the story of KHIII as its development & story's writing has advanced, for fans to have some hints as to what will happen in KHIII.
So basically it's like:

*come up with thing for KH3*
*include hint about thing in [chi] update*
*repeat until release*

Malyse

That's probably because Nomura has only more recently deliberately been adding stuff into Chi that ties into the story of KHIII as its development & story's writing has advanced, for fans to have some hints as to what will happen in KHIII.
Kingdom Hearts rarely hops right in it. I mean, Days had zero plot for like 80% of the game. Even 3D was barely there till the last world.
So basically it's like:

*repeat until release*
Nope. The Book of Prophecies was there from day one, we just didn't know what it was yet.

Famassu

So basically it's like:

*repeat until release*
Basically. Chi wasn't originally supposed to have much importance in the story canon side of things (other than perhaps introducing the concept of these different factions during the time of the keyblade war), but they've probably gotten some criticism about that and have now started to grow its importance as KHIII's development is advancing and they want fans to have something new to speculate & discuss about. Keyblade war has always been a kind of important event in the past of the franchise's story, so it's not surprising they are going to try to tie whatever happened then into the storyline of KHIII

SoulUnison

Banned
358/2 Days' subtitle really should have been "Two become [N]One."

EDIT: I know you're talking about Chi, here, but I don't know anything about that game and I just finished Days again, so...

zeemumu

I hate the fact that coded is so important. There's no way that they went into coded thinking that its story would have such a large impact on the plot when it was a cellphone game at the time.

Malyse

Or it didn't exist to begin with, and was shoehorned in at a later date. Good luck proving either one.

Doubt it. They plan KH at least one to two games ahead.
I hate the fact that coded is so important. There's no way that they went into coded thinking that its story would have such a large impact on the plot when it was a cellphone game at the time.
How do you feel about [chi] being at least as important are CoM and it possibly never being playable in English?

Malyse

But not eight games ahead, which is what I was addressing. Because 'day one' is literally KH1 brainstorming day.
😒

Day one of [chi]

Why on earth would you think I was talking about KH1 when the entire conversation was about [chi]? What kind of logical leap is that?

Psxphile

Why on earth would you think I was talking about KH1 when the entire conversation was about [chi]? What kind of logical leap is that?
Yeah, that *was* kind of odd. The hell was I thinking?

I'll be honest, it's pretty hard to give a damn about what's going on with [chi] since playing it is out of the question.

Malyse

Is Ephemera a new character from Chi?
edit: looks like he is, i wonder what he would look like in traditional nomura style.

I'm certain someone on DA or tumblr is already working on it. There's a decent chance that he'll show up in III.

Did yall hear the keyblade guns are actually (probably) the Starlight key transformation?

5231.png

Starlight04.png

Look at the keychain.

I'm pretty sure they will rush most big plot elements to Chi before they release DDD HD that most likely will be the gateway for english audience for Chi story.

Wat. I cannot parse that at all.

That's finglish for you.

I mean that I'd imagine it's possible they want to have most Chi related plot elements figured out before DDD HD releases so they can add them to it so the english speaking audience can catch up. Wether it's some in game codex or the game itself.

Of course it's possible they add it as late as KH3.

Malyse

That's finglish for you.

I mean that I'd imagine it's possible they want to have most Chi related plot elements figured out before DDD HD releases so they can add them to it so the english speaking audience can catch up. Wether it's some in game codex or the game itself.

Of course it's possible they add it as late as KH3.

I don't think they are willing to sever that profit source for the sake of a remake. [chi] is making cash for them. It's up there with PSO2 in the "why are you leaving money on the table here" bad decisions.

I don't think they are willing to sever that profit source for the sake of a remake. [chi] is making cash for them. It's up there with PSO2 in the "why are you leaving money on the table here" bad decisions.

I'd imagine more of a direct port. If Chi ever was to come to the west might as well release it as PC/PS4/whatever. Might catch few more Japanese players too. I don't actually know much how chi works so I wonder how feasible a mobile port would be. If the game is simple enough for those platforms it has huge potential for expanding the audience especially in Japan.

Top Bottom