• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

I'd imagine more of a direct port. If Chi ever was to come to the west might as well release it as PC/PS4/whatever. Might catch few more Japanese players too. I don't actually know much how chi works so I wonder how feasible a mobile port would be. If the game is simple enough for those platforms it has huge potential for expanding the audience especially in Japan.

It would be a great iPad game. It's all clicks and drags. Unless they completely remake it, it would be a terribad ps4 game.

Malyse

... how? I say this knowing that nothing is really ever free as advertised, but believe it or not this is the first I've heard of this title generating any kind of revenue stream. Ads? Micro-transactions?
It's a relatively low resource free to play energy game. It's super rare for those to not make money. Plus it was webmoney (?) game of 2013 and I think it won for 2014 as well. Unless, are you asking for specifics?

Psxphile

It's a relatively low resource free to play energy game. It's super rare for those to not make money. Plus it was webmoney (?) game of 2013 and I think it won for 2014 as well. Unless, are you asking for specifics?

Hm, I guess I was. But nevermind, I think I got my answer.

The basic version of this game is free of charge, and players can purchase additional in-game items with real-world money.

In-game items would include additional costumes and/or cards?

Psxphile

I guess a service that creates a revenue stream wouldn't be at risk of shutting down anytime soon. But the possibility exists, all the same.

Is it still possible to play the original coded, or is that gone for good?

iosefe

I guess a service that creates a revenue stream wouldn't be at risk of shutting down anytime soon. But the possibility exists, all the same.

Is it still possible to play the original coded, or is that gone for good?

it was exclusive to certain japanese phones

Psxphile

it was exclusive to certain japanese phones

Yes, but can you still download/play coded or has the service used to distribute it vanished? If so, then it's a good thing Re:coded came about then isn't it? coded's small contribution to the KH mythos has been safeguarded because of it, and we even got an english version out of it.

Can the same be said for [chi]? Will we eventually get something that will ensure we never lose what [chi] adds to the lore if and when it disappears for good? I'm starting to think a port, whether stand-alone or as a side game attached to another title, is going to be necessary.

Malyse

Hm, I guess I was. But nevermind, I think I got my answer.

In-game items would include additional costumes and/or cards?

You can buy MegaPotions which restore your AP for field actions, MegaEther which restores your BP for Raid Bosses, MegaElixir which restores both, Raise Draw tickets packs which give you a better chance of drawing SR or higher cards, and there's also the Kingdom and Premium packs. The Premium pack is 5000 charge munny and gets you 2 SR attack cards (one time limited edition), three SR+ Yen Sid for limit cuts, three SR+ Moogles for leveling up your deck, a 2x Fairy Godmother to double the stats of one card for a week, three skills, 2000000 game munny, and 10 each mega potion and megaether. The Kingdom Box costs 10000 charge munny and gives you 4 SR+ attack cards (two time limited SR+), two 3x Fairy Godmother that triple the stats of one card each, 10 SR+ Yen Sid, 10 SR+ Moogle, three 2x Fairy Godmother, five abilities, a rainbow gem for fusion, 20 megapotions, 20 megaethers, 5000000 game munny and an exclusive outfit. And occasionally you get new hairstyles (Riku, Kairi, Sora, Namine) in the Kingdom box.

So, plenty of stuff to buy.

7YbeN4Bky
7YbZN9USy

And in case you were wondering, 5000 charge munny is almost 70USD. And I've seen a ton of players in exclusive outfits. Shit makes bank.

I'm almost ready to play Chi but these fucking captchas man
WkXSPhF.png

I'm using DreamyDrop's tumblr for help but god damn it Square just bring this game over ;__;

Malyse

I'm almost ready to play Chi but these fucking captchas man
WkXSPhF.png

I'm using DreamyDrop's tumblr for help but god damn it Square just bring this game over ;__;

Yeah, that's a relatively new addition. I was in just after beta and I didn't have to deal with that.

I said gatdam.

I think I'd rather pay 30-40 bucks for a localized handheld port and earn stuff by actually playing the game.

Like I said it makes bank. That game will be the most profitable game in the franchise.

Money on the fucking table.

zeemumu

it'd be pretty cool to have kh characters in disney infinity but I doubt it's happening :(

They don't even have KH merchandise at Disneyland (aside from two keychains that I'm convinced no longer exist at Disneyland anymore because I've checked every inch of that park), and it's not like they don't care about their licensed games. They've got half a floor dedicated to the Kinect and Disney Infinity in Tomorrowland, and everything that they own has at least some presence except for KH.

Malyse

All depends on how much KH3 sells.

Also, I would expect a KH collection with I.5 and II.5 after III releases. People have shown that they will engage in sequels they don't know the origin of; namely with Serenity for Firefly and Advent Children for FFVII.

botty

Banned
>_________________________>
All depends on how much KH3 sells.

Also, I would expect a KH collection with I.5 and II.5 after III releases. People have shown that they will engage in sequels they don't know the origin of; namely with Serenity for Firefly and Advent Children for FFVII.

Doubt this to be honest. a next gen port of the Complete Kingdom Hearts Collection (with DDD) makes sense so that they can release it on both Xbox and PS4.

Malyse

>_________________________>

Doubt this to be honest. a next gen port of the Complete Kingdom Hearts Collection (with DDD) makes sense so that they can release it on both Xbox and PS4.
So happy you gotta squeeze your eyes shut?

SE doesn't need to drubbing they'll get online from releasing a remaster of a remaster before KH3.

botty

Banned
So happy you gotta squeeze your eyes shut?

SE doesn't need to drubbing they'll get online from releasing a remaster of a remaster before KH3.

Idk. The game might have more of an appeal to the XBOX crowd if they actually get to play the original games... but it's square so doing things backwards is totally their MO.

Alright. I've tried. I even beat the first game. But Kingdom Hearts 2 is honestly kind of terrible. It's not because of the story, or the prologue, it's because of the unoptimised combat.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is to ask whether I am missing anything, because the combat system seems like complete bullshit. I can body any single boss just fine, because most of them are centralised in a big area, there is only one of them and they really don't do any more damage than anyone else in the game, but any one random fight against the most insipid Heartless is a danger. Because you apparently don't get the dodge roll until about halfway through, your only other defensive option is to use the guard and parry. But both of these actions are impossible to pull off in the middle of a combo, and both attacks and defence have such long wind-ups anyway that there is no flow to it. And God forbid if an enemy rushes at you from behind.

Enemy variety is usually a great asset to a game, but it seems like they have more answers to your attacks than you ever could. This was the impression I got in the first game as well, but at least I had the option to evade, and at least the computer could never put me in some infinite juggle situations. I don't think I've come across a game before where I have said "How was that fair?" upon a game over more than I have this one. I'm up to Port Royal, and now the game's asking me to defend myself for a full minute against semi-invincible pirates who have guns. I'm very tempted to just stop.

Malyse

Alright. I've tried. I even beat the first game. But Kingdom Hearts 2 is honestly kind of terrible. It's not because of the story, or the prologue, it's because of the unoptimised combat.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is to ask whether I am missing anything, because the combat system seems like complete bullshit. I can body any single boss just fine, because most of them are centralised in a big area, there is only one of them and they really don't do any more damage than anyone else in the game, but any one random fight against the most insipid Heartless is a danger. Because you apparently don't get the dodge roll until about halfway through, your only other defensive option is to use the guard and parry. But both of these actions are impossible to pull off in the middle of a combo, and both attacks and defence have such long wind-ups anyway that there is no flow to it. And God forbid if an enemy rushes at you from behind.

Enemy variety is usually a great asset to a game, but it seems like they have more answers to your attacks than you ever could. This was the impression I got in the first game as well, but at least I had the option to evade, and at least the computer could never put me in some infinite juggle situations. I don't think I've come across a game before where I have said "How was that fair?" upon a game over more than I have this one. I'm up to Port Royal, and now the game's asking me to defend myself for a full minute against semi-invincible pirates who have guns. I'm very tempted to just stop.
Sounds like you're just too weak. There are a ton of combat options, from summons, to drive, to magic, to limits.

Sounds like you're just too weak. There are a ton of combat options, from summons, to drive, to magic, to limits.

Avoiding the bait (or just backing up everything I said by saying I beat the first game on Proud), I use limits pretty much whenever they appear, but that's the extent that I can use on a consistent basis. MP is pitifully low and takes a literal minute to recharge when drained, so using more than two salvos of Fire/Blizzard/Thunder means you're going to be cut off from a lot of your options after not much time at all. And while Drive forms are useful, the anti-Sora element is too everpresent and luck-based for me to be comfortable with it.

Really, more offensive options is not what I want. Offense is not the problem. Defence is.

Malyse

Avoiding the bait (or just backing up everything I said by saying I beat the first game on Proud), I use limits pretty much whenever they appear, but that's the extent that I can use on a consistent basis. MP is pitifully low and takes a literal minute to recharge when drained, so using more than two salvos of Fire/Blizzard/Thunder means you're going to be cut off from a lot of your options after not much time at all. And while Drive forms are useful, the anti-Sora element is too everpresent and luck-based for me to be comfortable with it.

Really, more offensive options is not what I want. Offense is not the problem. Defence is.

I reiterate my previous statement. Leveling increases defense, leveling limits increases your options, ect. Sometimes you have to just grind some levels. If mp charges to slow, you need more MP haste. Change keyblades. Change equipment. Level up Sora. Level up your drives. Go to another stage and clear it first.

Are you using your abilities? By the time you reach Port Royal I think you already have Reflect. At level 25 I already have Guard, Counterguard, Retailing Slash, and Aerial Recovery and I picked the Sword at the beginning. Also, are you leveling up your Drive forms? Valor form gives you High Jump and Wisdom form gives Quick Run which can be used as a replacement for Dodge Roll until you get the actual Dodge Roll.

Has there been a thread on this? Tai Yasue, KH 3's co-director, commented on KH 3's development:
Tai Yasue said:
“Now that we’ve worked out Unreal Engine 4 as our development environment, as well as the general structure of the team and fresh new look for the game and its accompanying shader, development of Kingdom Hearts III is moving forward as we now focus on making things like new Attractions and Keyblade transformations. We’re hoping to be able to show our fans the fruits of these labors step by step during 2015, so stay on the lookout for more information!”

I should post around here every now and then, I have played every KH game and I HATE this series, as someone said earlier in the KH2.5 thread, this is a series with impossible high points and awful/disgusting low points.

I have talked shit about KH2 since it came out, I remember playing it in Proud and not enjoying it after I LOVED KH1(which I replayed recently and didn’t like ironically), the story made no sense and the game was press X-Triangle to win, but now that I just finished playing KH2FM in Critical Mode and 100% the game(got the Plat), my opinion has changed! The game is amazing, actually asking me to guard/reflect, manage your mana, being able to equip every skill in the freaking game, all the post-game content, I actually leveled up the forms and got those useful as hell skills, and the amazing as hell Roxas Boss Fight with that new cutscene that made me cry so much. Even the damn ship levels were fine now that I actually learned how to make a ship.

It also helped a lot that after playing the rest of the series and going back, the STORY FINALLY MAKES SENSE! The Prologue is amazing now that I know what was going on, haha.

So I'm here, asking myself why I have played every game in the series, even Recoded, when everything is so shitty, and yet I just dedicated the whole last week of 2014 to KH2FM and loved every second of it, I don't understand myself at times.

Fuck FFXV, SE should get everyone to work on KH3 and making it the best game ever made.

I also need KH DDD HD as I think that game deserves a FM version, I hope they don't just make it a cutscene.
Fuck Mushroom VIII

Just bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5, never played any game of the series. Does the battle system has somekind of dodge or block?
Also Riku's challenge in the beginning are very hard or do I need to get good?

Just bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5, never played any game of the series. Does the battle system has somekind of dodge or block?

You get Dodge early in the game at a fixed point. You get Guard (block) leveling up. Depending what weapon you picked at the beginning the level you learn it changes (Shield learns it earliest ect.).

Riku stuff is completely optional. Don't worry about it.

iosefe

yes to all. definitely get some parry practice in on riku

Kinsei

Banned

You get both a dodge roll and a block.

Both. Riku is much tougher than what you're used too, but he's still really easy. He's a great way for you to learn enemy tells.

Lightning

Banned
I'm trying to get through Chain of Memories and Zexion is extremely hard. He keeps doing this move that steals my best cards and then he uses my best cards against me and kicks my ass. And he's doing it over and over and over again. Fuck this shit.

zeemumu

I was at Disneyland once and one of my friends wanted to take a picture with the Fairy Godmother. After I took the picture the Fairy Godmother commented on my interesting necklace. I was wearing Roxas' necklace at the time. I only replied with a thank you, but in my head I was thinking "HOW DOES SHE KNOW?!"

Malyse

I think Kairi in KH3 should play like KH2 Sora (like how Trish in DMC2 plays like DMC1 Dante). I think her drives should be based on the princesses of heart.

I think Kairi in KH3 should play like KH2 Sora (like how Trish in DMC2 plays like DMC1 Dante). I think her drives should be based on the princesses of heart.
I think it'll be a useful and/or necessary retcon for KH3 to say that the princesses of heart aren't necessarily always the same 7 people. Basically so they can get rid of Alice, lol.

Malyse

If she's playable then she's probably going to be a magic-focused fighter or something

WMD.

My_Friends_Are_My_Power!_01_KH3D.png

Everyone shown is in their combat pose. Roxas, Xion and Sora all wield in a similar fashion and are posed as such. Also worth noting is that Roxas and Ventus are both shown, designating them as separate entities. But most important is that Kairi is in a pose completely unlike that of any wielder thus far. Nomura has shown in the past that every damn thing in these games is worth analysis so her being in that pose can't just be overlooked. What's most interesting is that the pose it most resembles is the stance Sora takes when locking a keyhole.
Sealing_the_keyhole_by_Baby_Blue_Bell.jpg

This could either mean that Kairi is either taking a mosting non combative stance in KH3 or it could mean that she's going to be a WMD. Strange jump? Well there was one time that Sora used the locking light attack in combat:

28.jpg

The final finishing blow used to take down Xemnas is the light of the keyblade used to unlock or lock the keyholes of worlds.

Now, if this pose is showing that this is Kairi's standard method of attack, well then. Good fucking luck Xehanort.

Plus she got all that wonderful light in her heart.

WMD.

Plus she got all that wonderful light in her heart.
Yeah, I think her being a Keyblade wielder *and* a Princess of Heart is gonna be a big deal. Ventus's pure-light heart was massively important to the plot in BBS and it wasn't even a whole heart, nor did he really have direct control over it the way Kairi might if Naminé's powers are anything to go by.

Malyse

Yeah, I think her being a Keyblade wielder *and* a Princess of Heart is gonna be a big deal. Ventus's pure-light heart was massively important to the plot in BBS and it wasn't even a whole heart, nor did he really have direct control over it the way Kairi might if Naminé's powers are anything to go by.
Kairi gonna be the squirrel girl of kingdom hearts.

Top Bottom