• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

KH3 on PS4...

Play in bed with Vita remote play...

Drooool.

Next gen hype will make me so pissed if KH3 is not the next big project for square after they finally get their shit together ;(. Now that we have something official when it comes to next gen specs I wonder what direction they would take the series. Depends much of course if it will be a cross gen title, I doubt it will be exclusively for current gen.

Also I wanna see dat trophy list nao!

TheMink

KH3 on PS4...

Drooool.

Next gen hype will make me so pissed if KH3 is not the next big project for square after they finally get their shit together ;(. Now that we have something official when it comes to next gen specs I wonder what direction they would take the series. Depends much of course if it will be a cross gen title, I doubt it will be exclusively for current gen.

Imagining what KH3 might look like makes have an aneurism o_O

They finally wont be able to cop out during certain cutscenes with a .gif image face :p

Could you imagine if they tried that on next gen hardware lol XD

I kinda feel like the CGI visuals would look kinda weird for a full KH game. They're great for intros and ending sequences, but to have an entire game with that style? Ehhh...

I wouldn't mind them going with something more stylized than what there is now, though. Just as long as the basic art style stays intact.

Seda

I kinda feel like the CGI visuals would look kinda weird for a full KH game. They're great for intros and ending sequences, but to have an entire game with that style? Ehhh...

I wouldn't mind them going with something more stylized than what there is now, though. Just as long as the basic art style stays intact.

I agree.

Trigger

Yeah. I'd rather they focus on making the worlds more interactive and bigger than bumping up the visuals to CGI levels.

aravuus

I wonder if it would look better than the KH2 cutscenes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1xzbIzoSjM

EDIT: Actually, I think PS3 could pull it off... maybe.

Oh, there's that song again. Time to replay the KH games.

KH3 on PS4...

Drooool.

On vita's tiny screen? Oh come on, howsabout 1080p KH on a big Full HD TV? Who in their right mind would want to play it on Vita

Yeah. I'd rather they focus on making the worlds more interactive and bigger than bumping up the visuals to CGI levels.

Not going to happen though.

Sora_N

I'm seriously thinking I'm doing something wrong in KH:Re Chain, because I still can't beat Larxene even after not playing the game for 3 weeks. This is the first fight (apparently). I'm level 25, and I don't really have enough keyblade attack cards and also I think I have to grind until 27 for Sonic Blade or something. This is definitely the most unenjoyable KH game I've played so far. (Only played KH1 and 2 but own all the rest except Days)

I'm seriously thinking I'm doing something wrong in KH:Re Chain, because I still can't beat Larxene even after not playing the game for 3 weeks. This is the first fight (apparently). I'm level 25, and I don't really have enough keyblade attack cards and also I think I have to grind until 27 for Sonic Blade or something. This is definitely the most unenjoyable KH game I've played so far. (Only played KH1 and 2 but own all the rest except Days)

You should probably grind for Sonic Blade (and more cards) and create a separate deck just for using it as much as possible. It completely wrecks nearly every non-Disney boss in the game.

It works great for regular enemy encounters, too. Makes grinding a bit less tedious.

Sora_N

You should probably grind for Sonic Blade (and more cards) and create a separate deck just for using it as much as possible. It completely wrecks nearly every non-Disney boss in the game.

It works great for regular enemy encounters, too. Makes grinding a bit less tedious.

Thanks, I'll spend a bit of time doing that tomorrow.

Seda

I really enjoyed CoM and re:Com and the card system. I wouldn't want it for every KH games, but as a one off system I liked it. Then again, I tend to enjoy dungeon crawlers and can spend hours upon hours just battling without getting slightly bored.

If KH3 isn't coming till 2015 then it must be for the PS4. I would hate if they decided to put the game on what would then be a 10 year old console. Nomura made a mess up to put the HD collections on the PS3 with next gen lingering around the corner. But he wanted his KH game a year. I wager 2.5 and 3 will be on the PS4 and 1.5 will also be for the PS4 too. That way all games come home to the central console of PS4.

KH3 on PS4...

Drooool.

Dude... I hadn't even thought about that o_O yes please!

It's funny, kingdom hearts is essentially a flat shaded game, with a few exceptions (for those who don't know, that means that the whole game is basically unaffected by lights other than some slight differences in brightness and darkness... Basically it is a super "simple" game graphically but don't mistake me, KH looks fantastic). The biggest thing about next gen hardware is the ability to perform more complex calculations (like particles, volumetrics, and lighting). When i think of how KH could implement those things... It is endless.

In every CG cutscene, there are friggin particles everywhere; when you summon a keyblade, particle storm, when you unlock a keyhole, particle storm. Make it happen. And clouds too! Imagine the explosion finisher leaving an epic mushroom cloud while you keep fighting.

Another great thing will be the increased amount of NPC (something KH has suffered from, not for lack of trying). Go to traverse town and have it be brimming with people. The 1000 heartless battle that the team had to push the PS2 to the limit to achieve, will be cake on new hardware; epic and massive battles here we come!

Totally agree.

I will say though, the Versus team is currently trying something crazy (and it is one of the things I'm super excited about) they are trying to make every "cutscenes" that is unplayable a rendered movie by the FF Advent Children team. The other "cutscenes" are like a playable event, kinda like a shooter where crap is happening and you hear people talking and you're looking at them but you don't get taken out of the gameplay.

While I don't think that second thing is for kingdom hearts, maybe Versus will set some kind of precedent for future Square games and we will see more CG cutscenes in KH... But perhaps the in-game graphic will look stellar and we wont need as many. I don't necessarily want -all- of the cutscenes in that fashion (would be crazy) but we only ever get like 2 CG movies in KH... When FF usually gets 3/4...

Make it happen Nomura

HYPE!!!!

Still need to see if they have fixed the framerate of re:com since the trailer.

And yay fuckin sub-hd (650px × 366px) resolution screens that are about the size of my vita :lol.

SO happy with Final Mix confirmed. Now I have access to all 3 in english <3 <3 <3.

I knew this day would someday come ;-; Just don't screw it up SE and add any future Final Mixes as global DLC!

aravuus

Fuck yes, this is going to be good.

While I'm happy for the fall release, it also seems maybe a bit weird. There shouldn't be almost anything to translate, right? Just wondering. Half a year after Japanese release sounds like a long time.

While I'm happy for the fall release, it also seems maybe a bit weird. There shouldn't be almost anything to translate, right? Just wondering. Half a year after Japanese release sounds like a long time.

Muntu, meet Square Enix.

Absolutely don't regret importing... This will be enough time for me to play it again ;p

Vashetti

Banned
Native 720p screenies I just found on the PS EU blog:

8506873570_bd9307aaa9_o.jpg

Apologies if they've already been posted, I just always see people complaining about Square releasing tiny screenshots from these games so it's nice to get an impression of how they'll look on our TVs.

That Sora, Donald and Goofy one in particular looks amazing.

If this is how good the PS2 games can look on a PS3 then I'm excited as fuck to see what Square can do with KH3 on the PS4.

No way those are real. Standard Square bullshots.

I'm considering getting the japanese version instead. It's full priced at $80 the japanese version in play-asia, but what are the chances of it being $60 here?

Native 720p screenies I just found on the PS EU blog:

Apologies if they've already been posted, I just always see people complaining about Square releasing tiny screenshots from these games so it's nice to get an impression of how they'll look on our TVs.

That Sora, Donald and Goofy one in particular looks amazing.

If this is how good the PS2 games can look on a PS3 then I'm excited as fuck to see what Square can do with KH3 on the PS4.

Let us hope they are not total bullshots like all other KH screenshots.

They are bullshots aren't they?

Oh well I shouldn't complain too much. It's a happy day for KH fans!

No way those are real. Standard Square bullshots.

I'm considering getting the japanese version instead. It's full priced at $80 the japanese version in play-asia, but what are the chances of it being $60 here?

I'm thinking about importing too, just so I can play it 6 months early. :)

Absolutely don't regret importing... This will be enough time for me to play it again ;p
Where are you importing it from?

BHK3

Banned
The biggest thing about next gen hardware is the ability to perform more complex calculations (like particles, volumetrics, and lighting). When i think of how KH could implement those things... It is endless.

You know how every single time you hit something there's like 50 different particle effects and shapes coming out of the impact point? I can't even imagine that on next gen consoles @.@

I'm thinking about importing too, just so I can play it 6 months early. :)
Where are you importing it from?
Play-Asia

You know how every single time you hit something there's like 50 different particle effects and shapes coming out of the impact point? I can't even imagine that on next gen consoles @.@
No kidding... And magic spells will be crazy looking. Curaga bells spilling fairy particles... Reflega exploding.

Hype

Hahaha It's alright when I saw you volunteered at first I was like "dang it I should have volunteered" but then I saw you put my name and I was like...

jeremiahjohnson.gif

Hello guys, i've been a lurker for some time but i guess i was finally accepted :)

Well i'm happy to be joining this community, i still remember the first time i played KH1 and that's where it all started xD, then the Deep Dive era, the wait for 358 and BBS, etc... And the still ongoing (and really now feels like it's endless) one for KH3...

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone got the "Mark of Mastery" Edition of Dream Drop Distance ? i was really surprised by the aditional content, specially the beautiful illustrations from past games and the box itself... Now i'm beginning to wonder if the responsible artist worked on other games before...

Sora_N

Hi, welcome. I got the Mark of Mastery Edition but I've barely had a chance to look at it. The box is beautifully designed, and I'm glad to own it. I'm just really happy we got a LE for KH at all. :)

I was about to preorder that edition, but then in the same week Nintendo annouced the 3DS XL, so I decided to let it pass and get the regular version because the case wouldn't fit.

Top Bottom