• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Do you think drop in-drop out multiplayer could work in a game like Kingdom Hearts?

I dunno. I do think KH3 or whatever will include multiplayer portion similar to BBS. It would be pretty cool to have Olympus Colosseum as a multiplayer hub and have multiple multiplayer focused tournaments and even unique bosses where you'd have to work together. Range going from casual fun to some hardcore challenges. I didn't really care at all about the BBS multiplayer portion but I could certainly get interested in a HD one if it is implemented well.

I was thinking about the Days portion of 1.5. Honestly it reminds me of the Hobbit movie since Days does not translate into 2h 50 min running time fuckin epic :lol. There has to be some brand new scenes and events or just ridicilous amount of ice cream eating. Translating Days story into a ''movie'' sounds more like closer to 1h 30 mins so I am certainly interested to see how it turns out. I wonder if they got Jackson involved...

(note: I actually have no idea how long all the important scenes were in days but I certainly don't remember there being stuff worth of friggin LOTR movie)

There were MANY important cutscenes in days.
A few are when

Xion confronts Axel
Xion and Axel fight
Xion and Riku fight
Roxas goes to Destiny Islands
Xion and Riku talk
Xion dies

A few are when

Xion confronts Axel
Xion and Axel fight
Xion and Riku fight
Xion and Riku talk
Xion dies

Sure but 2 hours 50 mins is a looong ass time.

Fast look at KH-Vids archive gives Days around 50 mins of voiced scenes. So basically there will be 2 hours of ''new'' cutscenes.

Jubern

Let's hope it means they actually tried to make this coherent, and not just an assemblage of completely disjointed scenes.

But still, 2h50. Fuck, I watched Skyfall yesterday and even that was shorter ahah...

Ultratech

I kinda hope they have the balls to make lvl 1 run of proud mode a trophy but they'd prolly should give the guard ability at the start. Then again dodge roll does go a long way in KH1. Lvl 1 challenge in KH1 would be interesting for sure since you gain everything through leveling up unlike BBS and KH2. Lvl 1 runs would pretty much make the staff only logical choice since it gives +1 MP right at the start unless they changed it in FM. We should get the trophy list soon with japanese release coming.

Totally gonna try the challenge tho. Interesting to see how far I'll make it :lol.

Well, you do get a number of abilities from certain events. (But most of them do come from level ups...)

They'll probably do something like KH2FM+ where it'll give you extra abilities from the start.

Still, it'll be very interesting trying not to die in 1-2 hits. lol

I remember doing a Proud run a few years back and went through hell trying to beat Guard Armor because I'd die in two hits. I beat it eventually, but it sucked so hard.

Xux

It would've been neat if they retooled Re:Com into a sort of new game plus for the original Final Mix. Like, the Disney worlds were remixes of the original stages with different enemy formations and the Gummi Ship stages were replaced with Castle Oblivion floors.

Sure but 2 hours 50 mins is a looong ass time.

Fast look at KH-Vids archive gives Days around 50 mins of voiced scenes. So basically there will be 2 hours of ''new'' cutscenes.
I hope they add some new dialogue to scenes that already existed. I guess they will make new scenes out of parts in the game that did not have a voiced scene, like when
Roxas escapes the Organization and fights Saix

I hope they add some new dialogue to scenes that already existed. I guess they will make new scenes out of parts in the game that did not have a voiced scene, like when
Roxas escapes the Organization and fights Saix

I just pray to gods that SE had the brains to record all KH2FM cutscenes while they have to bring all the actors there anyway. For KH2FM scenes you'd basically need only the org members VAs. New DiZ scene for example is already voiced in Days by Cristopher Lee. I guess you'd need Namines VA too but she prolly will be used in Days.

A few are when

Xion confronts Axel
Xion and Axel fight
Xion and Riku fight
Xion and Riku talk
Xion dies

I am all for the 358-movie length haha. Make them 4 hours, i dont care. It's Kingdom Hearts for God's sake

It's too bad they're going for minimal effort on the 358/2 Days front, because it's be nice to do something like insert gameplay based on KH2's Roxas in order to cover some of those boss battles, even if not the 99% of the rest of the game (because that stuff sucks).

A fully HD version of Days would have been amazing. It had a lot of great ideas.
Eh, the ability system was interesting enough, but the actual gameplay was such trash. There were great "ideas," like playing as every Org member, but none of them were properly realized.

What would a keyblade look like without a keychain?

Well Aqua, Terra and Ven didn't have keychains before they retconned it in BBS. For now I just quess there is no keyblade without keychain. If I had to speculate it would just show the ''original form'' like kingdom key for Sora ect.

TheMink

Well Aqua, Terra and Ven didn't have keychains before they retconned it in BBS. For now I just quess there is no keyblade without keychain. If I had to speculate it would just show the ''original form'' like kingdom key for Sora ect.

"Fake" keyblades dont have keychains. I remember something about keychains somewhere...

"Fake" keyblades dont have keychains. I remember something about keychains somewhere...

I wonder if they go through the trouble to changing KH2FM HD to fit in the retconned BBS. Like adding the keychains and removing the cape from Terras armor.

Then again I don't think it troubles anyone too much.

I wonder if they go through the trouble to changing KH2FM HD to fit in the retconned BBS. Like adding the keychains and removing the cape from Terras armor.

Then again I don't think it troubles anyone too much.
oh yeah I noticed they didn't have they're capes in BBS. Is there any reason behind this?

Don't forget about the dead body of the dragon in the original KH2 secret movie (the same one Xemnas rides on in the whole endboss sequence). That ended up not making it into KH2 either.

Speaking about the Final Boss in KH 2, where the hell did the ship that Riku and Sora rode came from? It just happened to be there and Riku knew how to ride one?

So would you consider
riku/ansem
keyblade a "fake"? because I don't remember it having a keychain.
It isn't "fake", it just is artificial. It was made from hearts by Ansem/Riku and differs from Sora and Co's keyblades because it isn't linked to Rikus heart.

A keyblade sans-keychain is artificial. Still a keyblade though

LycanXIII

Do you think drop in-drop out multiplayer could work in a game like Kingdom Hearts?

With the main games focusing on Sora, Donald, and Goofy, I could see co-op for it. It'd just be that your friends would have to play as them instead of a keyblade wielder.

KH PC is now Kingdom Hearts X! Hypmeh!

KH%CF%87logo.png

Xux

Cmon Xehanort don't be so grumpy.
I also like how, when Ven mentions it to Aqua, she knows it's Χ-blade and not keyblade. Did she read the subtitles or something?

It would've been neat if their was a scene in Athens about the Χ-blade, too.

Xux

When they introduced the whole chi blade thing I had to shake my head and wonder how do they come up with this stuff :D.
It's kinda creepy how well it actually fit. I mean, amidst all the stuff that's been shoved into this series the Χ-blade works pretty well.

hahaha, i know... i really have no idea what it means.

But hey, i got a tag! Been a member for less than a month :p

EDIT:
image.php

Napalm... Didn't recognize you

I left the cult since the Lord didn't show up at da reveal :(.

Remember thinking what KH3 would look like on PS3?
Now imagine what it would look like on PS4!

We will get it on iOS won't we?

Sora_N

Got back into this a bit today.

BBS: In Terra's story. The
Snow White mirror
boss battle was kind of lame. Combat is fun though.

So I am actually contemplating importing KH 1.5 Remix. I just saw Amazon has it for $60, but they don't ship to the US. Where else could I buy this?

Top Bottom