• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

Even ignoring the Terranort stuff, I always thought it was neat that she was the cause for a lot of other misc. KH plot events, too. (Kairi being drawn to Destiny Islands & Sora when sent away during the Heartless invasion, creating Castle Fucking Oblivion, among other things)
And getting best girl her keyblade.

Psxphile

I just remembered that at some point in KH 3D Riku turns into a dream eater

what the fuck

At some point?

He's a Dream Eater through the whole damn thing. Nomura be trippin' when he came up with the plot for 3D.

Kinda wish we got to fight that Twilight Thorn in Traverse Town, though:
BR71qu7.png

aravuus

Holy shit, I just now realized I've never watched a single LP of any Kingdom Hearts game, and it's the one series I'd love to see others react to since it's one of my favorites, but I also acknowledge it's batshit insane

Are there any genuinely entertaining ones?

Malyse

Watching the first combat trailer of KH3 again, I noticed that Soar has changed his fighing style again. He almost exclusively uses single handed styles now.

zeemumu

Watching the first combat trailer of KH3 again, I noticed that Soar has changed his fighing style again. He almost exclusively uses single handed styles now.

Probably because he has proper training now instead of his previous club-wielding strategy augmented by magic.

botty

Banned
I didn't realize until now that 358/2 Days has a better OST than the other Kingdom Hearts games. That's pretty impressive wouldn't you agree?

Seriously.

I've said it like a million times. Why do you think people
like Botty
wanted Sora in Infinity?

lies

Malyse

I didn't realize until now that 358/2 Days has a better OST than the other Kingdom Hearts games. That's pretty impressive wouldn't you agree?

lies

botty
Disney Infinity is the greatest, most successful game ever made. I LOVE DISNEY INFINITY.

How so? Like 2/3's of it is recycled from other KH games. The new stuff that's there is mostly great, but not enough for me to say it has the best OST.

iosefe

i first experienced it in japanese cutscenes and that encounter on the tower near the end and the aftermath still managed to fuck me up a bit

then i played it for my self a while back, nice and english and knowing everything, and it still got to me

I continued my ancient KH1FM lvl 1 run save a bit and I feel like an idiot. In Agrabah I always thought for some reason that the Pot Centipede boss was making the weird high pitched noises but it's obviously Jasmine inside one of the pots. I feel so stupid now.

I made a similar mistake as a kid when I thought Phantom made weird noises but it was just Peter Pan that I never had in my party outside of that fight.

Weiss

Banned
So during my ban I ended up beating the Data Org. and Lingering Will.

That guy took me like four straight hours of constant retries, but catching him after his desperation move, popping Final Form, and erasing four health bars in one combo? Godlike.

Ralemont

not me
I'm playing through KH2 HD at the moment, and finding it's every bit as good as my 18-year-old self remembers it to be.

One thing though is that playing through on Critical Mode, and the reduced exp kind of sucks. I'm running out of content and still only level 50. Meanwhile, I believe I was 77 when I first took on Sephiroth in the 2005 game. That Level 99 trophy is kind of looking like a bitch right now.

zeemumu

I'm playing through KH2 HD at the moment, and finding it's every bit as good as my 18-year-old self remembers it to be.

One thing though is that playing through on Critical Mode, and the reduced exp kind of sucks. I'm running out of content and still only level 50. Meanwhile, I believe I was 77 when I first took on Sephiroth in the 2005 game. That Level 99 trophy is kind of looking like a bitch right now.

I was like 12 when that game came out. I got into the series at KH1 purely because of the Disney characters and stayed for everything else. Kinda like how I came here for the gaming and stayed for the OT.

Weiss

Banned

The quickest way to get to 99 is to equip Experience Boost and the Gullwing Keyblade, go to The World That Never Was, keep your health below 50%, and clear the entire place from start to finish.

Ralemont

not me
The quickest way to get to 99 is to equip Experience Boost and the Gullwing Keyblade, go to The World That Never Was, keep your health below 50%, and clear the entire place from start to finish.

Yeah I did some reading and apparently it's way quicker to level after you beat Xemnas as well (which I haven't done yet).

Weiss

Banned
Yeah I did some reading and apparently it's way quicker to level after you beat Xemnas as well (which I haven't done yet).

There's a ton of bonus content for the post game. You get the Data Org. fights where they all have tons of health and new strategies, the Paradox cups in Olympus, and the Lingering Will superboss.

I had to grind to 99 and synth some of the best equipment to stand a chance.

EDIT: So do you think we'll see any gameplay changes in 3DHD? They changed stuff up for 1.5 to smooth out some of the rougher parts of KH1, so it's not an impossibility.

At the least, I'm hoping for:

- Slow the Drop Gauge, and turn it off during boss battles.

- Remove the minigames and make Dream Eaters level up super quickly so you don't have to grind for so long just to get good skills. The way I see it, if you use a Dream Eater for an entire world, you should get all their skills.

- Make fusing new Dream Eaters easier.

- Recolour the Dream Eaters so they don't look terrible.

Psxphile

EDIT: So do you think we'll see any gameplay changes in 3DHD? They changed stuff up for 1.5 to smooth out some of the rougher parts of KH1, so it's not an impossibility.

- Remove the minigames and make Dream Eaters level up super quickly so you don't have to grind for so long just to get good skills. The way I see it, if you use a Dream Eater for an entire world, you should get all their skills.

They didn't call it a Final Mix, so I wouldn't bet on major gameplay changes (and enemy recolors was an FM staple, so that's definitely out). I *do* like the idea of freezing the Drop gauge during bosses... but Drop-Me-Nots exist so it's not likely.

So they found another glitch in kh2fm after ~8years, you can clip through the walls of the cavern of rememberence which allows you to skip the data battles for some reason and get the crown without them.
Pretty useful for speedrunners or for those who hate them.

There's a ton of bonus content for the post game. You get the Data Org. fights where they all have tons of health and new strategies, the Paradox cups in Olympus, and the Lingering Will superboss.

I had to grind to 99 and synth some of the best equipment to stand a chance.

I'm not expecting anything on the level of a final mix, though I do hope they add a new boss in. They were a bit coy about new content when asked about it, IIRC.

Personally, I just want them to make both Ansem's forms rematchable like nearly every other boss in the game is already. Both Ansem fights are easily the best bosses in the game (And Ansem II feels more like a final boss than pretty much every one we've had since KHII Xemnas) and it always annoyed me that you couldn't fight him again.

Better camera, framerate and tweaks on balance would do wonders for the game.

It really, really does. The boss in the Hunchback world is actually enjoyable with a stable framerate. The visual effects look rather nice, too.

That's what kinda irked me about KH3D; Outside of the shitty performance, it was a pretty damn good looking game. One of my favorite (somewhat subtle) touches was that every single keyblade in the game has it's own unique visual flourish when summoned. A handful in KHII had it, and the BBS trio had their own unique ones (i.e.the block thingys for Terra), but there's a unique one for every keyblade in 3D. Just boot up the game, switch between all the keyblades and notice the little animation when it switches.

Weiss

Banned
I'm not expecting anything on the level of a final mix, though I do hope they add a new boss in. They were a bit coy about new content when asked about it, IIRC.

Personally, I just want them to make both Ansem's forms rematchable like nearly every other boss in the game is already. Both Ansem fights are easily the best bosses in the game (And Ansem II feels more like a final boss than pretty much every one we've had since KHII Xemnas) and it always annoyed me that you couldn't fight him again.

3D could probably benefit the most out of a Final Mix, like how KH2 got so much better with its. It's a great game with some major flaws, and while they can't all be fixed, addressing some of the major complaints would probably go to fixing the game's rep.

Though I guess if it was trying to fix everything, they'd have to replace the entire climax because god that was dumb.

Famassu

3D could probably benefit the most out of a Final Mix, like how KH2 got so much better with its. It's a great game with some major flaws, and while they can't all be fixed, addressing some of the major complaints would probably go to fixing the game's rep.

Though I guess if it was trying to fix everything, they'd have to replace the entire climax because god that was dumb.
Like a lot of storytelling, dialogue etc. in the KH series, the execution could be a lot better, but I don't think idea-wise it's all that bad, if you're willing to go with all the insanity of the series. The bad guys managing to fuck up Sora's mind to make him a puppet for Xehanort is pretty cool, the idea of Xehanort possessing every member of the Real Org XIII and also bringing back all of his past incarnations through magic mumbo jumbo is a fun setup for an epic finale in KHIII & Riku going into Sora's mind to rescue his fallen friend & thus earning the title of a Keyblade master is nice continuity for his story.It's just the dialogue that is so badly written that it brings it all down a notch or a dozen.

zeemumu

I'm hoping for PS4 backwards compatibility to come sooner to make it easier to play these things. Disconnecting my cable box to plug in my PS3 is becoming a hassle.

SoulUnison

Banned
Hey, so when is Unchained X coming out?
Hasn't SE confirmed "2015" several times now?
I guess that still leaves a month and a half...

I just got a new smartphone and I'm impatient to try a fun little Kingdom Hearts mobile game after how much I'm unexpectedly enjoying Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Malyse

Hey, so when is Unchained X coming out?
Hasn't SE confirmed "2015" several times now?
I guess that still leaves a month and a half...

I just got a new smartphone and I'm impatient to try a fun little Kingdom Hearts mobile game after how much I'm unexpectedly enjoying Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

you can play it now 😃

Top Bottom