• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

JTripper

Calling Terra vs MF hard is like calling Chocobo Racing in FFX hard.

It's not 'hard' that's the problem.

Yeah, it isn't "hard" in a skills sense. At least not completely, it still takes some practice and skill. It's hard because of how lucky you need to be since his attacks are totally random. I got to the point where I was able to get him down to half health on almost every attempt but then he'd use those unavoidable orbs or just get a lucky shot in while invisible.

It's funny since its such an absurd fight yet you can still pretty much beat him at any level if you're lucky enough and have the right abilities (attack/magic haste, curagas, thunder surge).

jonno394

Just about to start the last fight(s) in Kingdom hearts Final Mix ( via 1.5). This is my first Kingdom Hearts game and I've really enjoyed it. Just hope the ansem fights aren't that difficult.

Cant believe Atlantica and Ursula in her second form nearly turned me off this game. Glad I persevered.

DKHF

Just about to start the last fight(s) in Kingdom hearts Final Mix ( via 1.5). This is my first Kingdom Hearts game and I've really enjoyed it. Just hope the ansem fights aren't that difficult.

Cant believe Atlantica and Ursula in her second form nearly turned me off this game. Glad I persevered.
Nice, glad you have enjoyed KH1. Ursula's second form was annoying IIRC, especially on proud.

KH1 is still the only KH I've platinumed. I think I might try and platinum Re:CoM in the next month and eventually buy and platinum the 2.5 games since it seems like they won't be coming to PS4 any time soon unfortunately.

zeemumu

Finished Terra, Aqua, and Ventus stories on Proud Mode. Now collecting the sticker albums to get Fragmentary Passage and working on the final episode. I feel like the Braig fight broke my once more and second chance abilities because the system didn't really stay consistent on what it considered a combo.

Is there still news happening in March?

DKHF

Finished Terra, Aqua, and Ventus stories on Proud Mode. Now collecting the sticker albums to get Fragmentary Passage and working on the final episode. I feel like the Braig fight broke my once more and second chance abilities because the system didn't really stay consistent on what it considered a combo.

Is there still news happening in March?
There's no news announced for KH in March, are you confusing KH with FFXV (which has the release date announcement event that month)?

zeemumu

There's no news announced for KH in March, are you confusing KH with FFXV (which has the release date announcement event that month)?

Probably.

So I finished all 3 stories, got all of the Xehanort Reports, and unlocked the final episode. While I was playing the final episode I realized that I still needed all of the stickers and couldn't finish Aqua's in final episode so I went back through hers and everyone else's to get the stickers, went back to final episode beat the game, and saved. Then I realized that I actually had to put arrange the stickers for it to be considered complete, so I did that, but the secret episode still isn't unlocked. Which part do I need to go back and repeat. Do I have to max out on points in the albums even though I have all of the stickers in there? Or do I just have to go back to Aqua's story, beat that again to get another final episode save, then beat final episode again?

Tsunamo

Yeah other than stealth Unchained release or a suprise 2.8 trailer out of nowhere (2.5 did this so it's kind of wishful thinking on my part) i'm not expecting much before E3 outside of magazine interviews/scans ocassionally.

AZUMIKE

Question for you guys:

So, I've enjoyed the KH games for years, and I've used guides/walkthroughs for many of them. When playing through a Kingdom Hearts game for the first time (i.e at the release of the game), do you refer to a guide?

Seda

Question for you guys:

So, I've enjoyed the KH games for years, and I've used guides/walkthroughs for many of them. When playing through a Kingdom Hearts game for the first time (i.e at the release of the game), do you refer to a guide?

Usually Kingdom Hearts games don't have much in terms of 'missables' so guides aren't really needed.

Tsunamo

Question for you guys:

Generally just translation guides for some advanced stuff I can't understand (command fusion combinations and bonus abilitys) other than that though I don't really need them on release unless i'm missing some collectables that i'm having trouble finding.
This is hilariously bad without One Winged Angel to sugarcoat it.

Seeing Billy Zane Ansem dialog in the related videos just makes me sad again that we never got him back as SoD.

Bowlie

Banned
Anyone know if this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

is the good recap of all games up to 3d? Or was it another video? I remember one came out awhile ago which went through the entire series but not quite sure which one it is.

I remember watching this last year and it was good to make my memory work and bring back all that happened. But it's still a little convoluted (well, it's KH) to someone who did not play some of those games.

edit: v, that's cool!

Seda

Michael Damiani of Game Trailers (rip GT) came into this very thread for input on KH lore during production of this.

Golnei

I just realised that we're probably never going to have a "which was the best version of Dearly Beloved" thread last for more than three posts any more.

botty

Banned
wat the falk is going on
image.php

Demise

I often heard that buffing up Kingdom hearts 1, 2 and birth by sleep to 60fps would ruin the games. Is it true ? Does that means that the chance to see a 60 fps port on newer console or (let's dream) pc is dead ?

aravuus

Ruin? How?

There's a 60fps patch for KH2FM+ if you're playing on an emulator, and it's fucking amazing. It ruined KH2 for me in the sense that I can't play it in 30fps anymore lol.

Psxphile

Ruin? How?

There's a 60fps patch for KH2FM+ if you're playing on an emulator, and it's fucking amazing. It ruined KH2 for me in the sense that I can't play it in 30fps anymore lol.

I think, for one, the Larxene data fight becomes ridiculously hard with the patch. Something to do with her animations being tied to 30fps. Also the Atlantica mini-games are undoable due to a bug unless the patch is disabled. Probably other stuff.

aravuus

Oh yeah, of course. Obviously.

Well, it wouldn't be a TRUE Japanese game if running it on a higher framerate didn't break at least something.

Demise

Well, it wouldn't be a TRUE Japanese game if running it on a higher framerate didn't break at least something.

='D

Yeah, animations being tied to 30 fps were mostly what I was talking about. Some sound problems too.

Just imagine KH2FM on critical mode and 60fps ? Damn.

Flandy

I'm sure this has been asked a ton before but is there any chance that the HD Collection will ever make its way to PS4 or PC? I'm close on pulling the trigger on the PS3 collection but I wouldn't mind waiting some more if theres a rumor or something.

tr00per

I'm sure this has been asked a ton before but is there any chance that the HD Collection will ever make its way to PS4 or PC? I'm close on pulling the trigger on the PS3 collection but I wouldn't mind waiting some more if theres a rumor or something.

The rumor is that it may come around the same time as 2.8 for the ps4. I would say no to PC but square is becoming more pc friendly so who knows. Kh3 is only on ps4 and xbox one atm

My personal hope is that DDD HD and 2.8 will come WITH 1.5 and 2.5

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope 0.2 has a plat and is easy.

I will never plat KHI, KHII, BbS, and CoM.

JTripper

I finally did it!

BmuOapo.png

what am i doing with my life

I'm less than 8 trophies away from this. Only need to complete the reports for Ventus and Aqua and I'm done with all KH games so far.

I also feel slightly insane and I don't think I'll ever recover.

Top Bottom