• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Demise

I know for sure that if you want to use disney proprieties, you have to give them something like 25 to 30% of your net income. I also know that even chinese companies fear a trial with Disney, wich means that Disney is not a company you can f with. But that does not explain anything since SE is already in contract with disney and that the more they sell kh, the more disney get paid.

Also remember that crisis core is not available digitaly too. Same goes for a big selling and "sure to make money" Dragon quest 8... It could very be SE being jerk or them hating on digital just... because it's square enix and they have tormenting players and throw rotten bananas at their fans as a primary goal each year prior to 2015.

DKHF

I don't think KHIII will have a song from Utada because she has been inactive for years. So if her music is the issue then KHIII will definitely be available digitally.

But she's also apparently working on a new album as of 2015, so the timing could actually be pretty good for her to have a song in it after all.

Famassu

I know for sure that if you want to use disney proprieties, you have to give them something like 25 to 30% of your net income. I also know that even chinese companies fear a trial with Disney, wich means that Disney is not a company you can f with. But that does not explain anything since SE is already in contract with disney and that the more they sell kh, the more disney get paid.

Also remember that crisis core is not available digitaly too. Same goes for a big selling and "sure to make money" Dragon quest 8... It could very be SE being jerk or them hating on digital just... because it's square enix and they have tormenting players and throw rotten bananas at their fans as a primary goal each year prior to 2015.
There's no reason to think SQEX is behind the decision. They've been releasing almost all of their new games digitally for years now (KH & Theatrhythm are pretty much the only exceptions), have publicly acknowledged the importance of digital services & don't shy away from releasing digital only games (mobile, PC/Steam). Sure, they've been lazy with bringing their complete backlog to digital services (or at least some of it outside Japan), but other than that & Kingdom Hearts, they've seemingly have very little problems with providing digital content.

Tons of PS2 Classics are missing from PS3's digital PS2 Classics selection, DQVIII isn't alone in that, so to use that as some kind of proof that SQEX just exists to fuck us up the ass or something else as silly as that is kinda reaching. That probably has more to do with PS3's hardware/quality of emulation & SQEX seeing profits with ports/remakes like DQVIII 3DS than SQEX just saying fuck you to everyone. And it's basically guaranteed that Gackt is the reason why Crisis Core still avoids digital release, even though SQEX has been ok with bringing older PSP stuff to digital platforms (with the additional exception of PSP's Tri-Ace games, where's my Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile at?).

Malyse

I don't think KHIII will have a song from Utada because she has been inactive for years. So if her music is the issue then KHIII will definitely be available digitally.

But she's also apparently working on a new album as of 2015, so the timing could actually be pretty good for her to have a song in it after all.
There's an 80% chance you're wrong. She's making music now, she's been in touch with Nomura, Nomura wanted her for the project before it started, the music issue is 99% probability not on her end, and it balances everything evenly. She been inactive because she got divorced, remarried, had a kid, and had her mom committ suicide. Of course she's been on a break. Hikaru's western albums sold a degree of magnitude better after KH1 and that statistic isn't something to sneeze at. And with more people playing video games at this point than literally any point in history? Teruzane is no fool. The ROI is massive for whoever gets that spot and it's already set aside for her. I've no doubt people are already champing at the bit for the song in FFXV, too.

DKHF

There's an 80% chance you're wrong. She's making music now, she's been in touch with Nomura, Nomura wanted her for the project before it started, the music issue is 99% probability not on her end, and it balances everything evenly. She been inactive because she got divorced, remarried, had a kid, and had her mom committ suicide. Of course she's been on a break. Hikaru's western albums sold a degree of magnitude better after KH1 and that statistic isn't something to sneeze at. And with more people playing video games at this point than literally any point in history? Teruzane is no fool. The ROI is massive for whoever gets that spot and it's already set aside for her. I've no doubt people are already champing at the bit for the song in FFXV, too.
I honestly know little about her situation and didn't know Nomura wanted her for the project. I had only heard that it seemed unlikely. I'm not blaming her for the rights issues and I'm not judging her for being on break after that at all. From all that then it seems likely that she will be involved which is good to me.

botty

Banned
I always thought this snippet was interesting on how influential and important Hikki is to the series:

"When we were creating the original game, there were a lot of factors that were influenced by Utada-san's theme song. That influence will once again be felt in [our development of] Kingdom Hearts II," commented series director Tetsuya Nomura.
x

Demise

Hikaru was one of the very first things Nomura brought up for the first game.

And he was right to do so. Best choice ever, Utada's two songs give Kingdom Hearts a solemn and particular feeling. I truly and sincerely hope that Utada will return with a new song for KH3, that's kind of a ritual now : A new main Kingdom Hearts equal a Utada's brand new song.

Malyse

And he was right to do so. Best choice ever, Utada's two songs give Kingdom Hearts a solemn and particular feeling. I truly and sincerely hope that Utada will return with a new song for KH3, that's kind of a ritual now : A new main Kingdom Hearts equal a Utada's brand new song.
*Four

botty

Banned

Hikari/Simple And Clean are different songs lyrically.
Passion/Sanctuary are different songs lyrically.

I would count them as four as well, but if we went even further with all the remixes/orchestrated versions then we would be talking a lot more songs.

Demise

Hikari/Simple And Clean are different songs lyrically.
Passion/Sanctuary are different songs lyrically.

I would count them as four as well, but if we went even further with all the remixes/orchestrated versions then we would be talking a lot more songs.

Oh ok, I understand. Anyway, I just finished birth by sleep with Terra and damn, while I feel the story is kind of... weak and the worlds empty, the gameplay may surprisingly be the best of the serie so far. I don't know what's the fans opinion on it but when you tame the deck command concept, it's hard to go back to KH1 and KH2 system. Plus, the magic feels powerful this time.

Malyse

Oh ok, I understand. Anyway, I just finished birth by sleep with Terra and damn, while I feel the story is kind of... weak and the worlds empty, the gameplay may surprisingly be the best of the serie so far. I don't know what's the fans opinion on it but when you tame the deck command concept, it's hard to go back to KH1 and KH2 system. Plus, the magic feels powerful this time.
Keep playing.
Ventus next.

Demise

Keep playing.
Ventus next.

Yep, im doing it following nomura's advices to players : terra, ventus and aqua.

When I say it's weak it's because Terra did not live up to the hype imo, he has a beast chara design, he looks strong but xehanort tricks him waaaaay too easily for my taste. Plus, Disney world are more cameo than before, their story is way too light.

Kinsei

Banned
Yep, im doing it following nomura's advices to players : terra, ventus and aqua.

When I say it's weak it's because Terra did not live up to the hype imo, he has a beast chara design, he looks strong but xehanort tricks him waaaaay too easily for my taste. Plus, Disney world are more cameo than before, their story is way too light.

It also doesn't help that Terra has the weakest gameplay of the three. IMO each subsequent character is better than the last so it's all uphill from here!

Malyse

That's because coming in, we know Xehanort is evil (not that Nimoy isn't making it obvious). If this was someone's first KH, it might be a little more palatable and I think KH takes the "this may be someone's first time" design concept.

The thing I don't like about commands is how some of the higher level ones are totally useless against bosses since they don't seem to stun (or stun randomly). That is specially true for Vanitas, the guy just randomly teleports.

I do love the story of BBS though, which each character story, I was more into it. Gonna miss Nimoy's Xehanort so much :(

Agreed completely. I love the atmosphere those songs kind of create for the whole "lore" of the game. Very special stuff. (and doesn't feel that much as the marketing fest we got for the songs in FF13,13-2, etc. Fucking awful.)

Just rewatched the last few KHIII trailers out of boredom, and it's really cool seeing how some of the older worlds have progressed from older gen hardware to current gen. Like Twilight Town:

1-VisualBoyAdvance_2007-09-02_06-00-31-17.jpg

FVKWaSY.png

vasRvlY.jpg

hfGsmlN.jpg

And Yen Sid's Tower:

Just... damn. What a great looking game. Some of the models look a little off up close, but for the most part it looks good where it counts.

As an aside, I love that they're keeping Sora's slick ass guard animation from KHII.

Zaverious

Seeing those KH2 pictures make me hope that world specific command menus come back. I looked forward to seeing what each world's menu would look like. I like how Twilight Town had 4 different designs (5 if you count Mysterious Tower). Just cool little details I appreciated.

DKHF

I miss the hand drawn icons in KH3 but I know they won't change it back and the in-game model icons are fine...

SoulUnison

Banned
Seeing those KH2 pictures make me hope that world specific command menus come back. I looked forward to seeing what each world's menu would look like. I like how Twilight Town had 4 different designs (5 if you count Mysterious Tower). Just cool little details I appreciated.

I always thought it was insane how there are command menu designs that only show up in, like, 2 or 3 rooms of the entire game.

There's the "Chain of Memories" Command Menu that I think only shows up in Namine's Room and the Pod Room of the Old Mansion, and there's the "Dark City" Command Menu that only appears in the Computer Room and the rooms directly adjacent to it.

Falk

that puzzling face
How could anybody hate Winnie the Pooh??

I'm a patient man. I really am.

But when I'm trying to do serious things like sort vegetables and he just inexplicably gets up and walks in the path of oncoming vegetables FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER even a patient man has his limits.

Malyse

Falk, stay out of those nerdy FFXV threads! Cool Kingdom Hearts threads are safe, though

I don't play terrible games so I can't answer this question.

botty
Disney Infinity is the greatest, most successful game ever made. I LOVE DISNEY INFINITY.

Top Bottom