• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Tsunamo

Play-asia lists HD ReMIX as shipping in 1 week. Whyyyyyyyyy
Seems like they're having trouble keeping up with demand for the game, a lot of people have had to wait longer for a second batch of shipments. It happens just about every Kingdom Hearts release with them, guess it's just the luck of the draw as to whether you get it early or late unforunately :(
I don't mean to make you feel horrible... But mine just arrived :3
Nice! That's some fast shipping!
Mine should be here tomorrow with a bit of luck! :D

TheMink

So much hostility :(

Nomura is the God of this realm. Speak ill of him and you will be burned as a heretic.

Should be getting my copy today!

Im going to be doing Proud mode no equipment changes, but working to lvl 100 so i can get that trophy as well.

Then after i beat the game i will equip everything and crush sephiroth to a fine powder :p

Crystal Crowns anyone??

Edit: i will also not be leaving Destiny Islands until i am lvl 30 :D

Nomura is the God of this realm. Speak ill of him and you will be burned as a heretic.

Should be getting my copy today!

Im going to be doing Proud mode no equipment changes, but working to lvl 100 so i can get that trophy as well.

Then after i beat the game i will equip everything and crush sephiroth to a fine powder :p

Crystal Crowns anyone??
All about dem Cosmic Arts in FM baby!

I'll do Proud mode 100% normal run first and after that Beginner speedrun with no equipment changes or continues.

TheMink

I'm so happy I could cry. What do I get?

you-get-nothing-o.gif

Hey now you know i jest ;)

Um... No :p

Im not a "livestream" kind of guy haha. And, full dizclosure, if i go through it LV 1, it won't be on my first play-through

I i it's not like I w w wanted to see your stream anyway... Baka!

And Mink you spoony bard Sephiroth is yesterdays news. It's all about dat Xemnas.

Aren't these available for real somewhere, though?
Yes. Nomura got a hardon for them after eating one at disneyland or something.

TheMink

I i it's not like I w w wanted to see your stream anyway... Baka!

And Mink you spoony bard Sephiroth is yesterdays news. It's all about dat Xemnas.

Yes. Nomura got a hardon for them after eating one at disneyland or something.

But he cant be reduced to ash ;_;

Thats all i care about.

Narolf

Banned
KHBBSFM has translation patch tho.
Correct. Just for the anecdote, the guy who made that, Keytotruth, was also working on a translation of Type-0 last year, before eventually giving up mid-way due to how hard it was. Hopefully he is Spanish just like SkyBladeCloud, so that they ended up teaming up.

Always had a lot of respect for people who do things like these. I remember, a few years ago, I've tried to learn ROM-hacking on my own, by resorting to Google. I wasn't quite aware of hard it was, duh. SkyBladeCloud knows his stuff on the other hand since he majors in IT-engineering. No chance his patch doesn't see the light of the day, all what hinders him as of now is the lack of translators.

Narolf

Banned
Can't he just get it from one of those independent gaming stores that import games (aka not Gamestop)? There is quite a bit of those in Paris and the game is already available at them.

aravuus

From my most recent playthrough proud mode:

ifLC0DuPnYShA.jpg

This how many potions i accumulated on destiny islands :p

Holy shit, that's insane.

This is like that youtube guy Ulillillia.

e: well okay, it's not even close to Ulillillia level of insanity, but it's pretty crazy anyway.

Dude... Yes:

KH 1.5 Director Interviews said:
---Which particular scene would you recommend from the HD compilation?
Yasue: I recommend the scene in KH Final Mix, where Peter Pan tells Sora, 'Fly, Sora! I believe you can!' and Sora becomes able to fly, and goes to fight Captain Hook. Not only is the picture prettier, but flying about defeating Heartless is quite comfortable now that you can move the camera freely with the left stick.

http://kh13.com/#ixzz2NXs2GvQh

I didn't even think about that... Maybe Atlantica will be better too! I really like Atlantica, it is just hard sometimes

KH1 Altlantica has it's fair share of issues (some of which might actually be fixed in 1.5) but nonetheless, it's still one of my favorite Disney worlds in the series. It's the first world in the game where I felt I like I was part of the actual movie.

Can't he just get it from one of those independent gaming stores that import games (aka not Gamestop)? There is quite a bit of those in Paris and the game is already available at them.

I found two sellers in MercadoLivre (ebay in Brazil). One for $100 plus shipping and another for $180. Play-asia sells it for $73. There are no retail stores in my city that import japanese games because frankly I might be the only one in town that would buy them.

If everything goes right, I'll have the game by the end of the month and pay no taxes. That happened with the FFXIII dual pack I bought in december from p-a.

aravuus

But Atlantica is horrible :(

I honestly think I'm unable to name a single good thing about that world... The heartless were fairly easy and iirc, gave an alright amount of exp?

Port Royal for best Disney world in KH2, anyone? That or Halloween Town, I cannot decide.

Sorry buddy, KH1 Agrabah, Halloween Town and KH2 Halloween Town, Olympus

Port Royal loses points due to battle theme being terribly botched compared to movie version.

Also from the internetz:
According to 2chan in the recent Famitsu interview with Nomura about KH 1.5 HD ReMIX, he mentions that he wants people to prepare for the final battle coming to PS3 with the HD ReMIX games. therefore, it seems like KHIII is still coming to PS3. This means that there's no way that Versus XIII is going to be on PS4 as Nomura said in the past that he wants to use the same engine for Versus XIII to make KHIII as it will speed up development.

If true then oh snap.

aravuus

Music? :D

Wonderland is my least fav world in KH1.

I guess the battle theme was alright... The normal music in Atlantica isn't very good though.

I wasn't a huge fan of KHI's level design, I prefer the more linear ones in KHII. But Neverland, Traverse Town and most parts of Hollow Bastion were an absolute joy.

KHII's Atlantica is fantastic. Because it's optional. Sure you need to finish it to get the Ultima Weapon but I never really needed it.

e: oh yeah and Halloween Town, that was great too, with one exception - the final fight against Oogey Boogey. God.

I guess the battle theme was alright... The normal music in Atlantica isn't very good though.

I wasn't a huge fan of KHI's level design, I prefer the more linear ones in KHII. But Neverland, Traverse Town and most parts of Hollow Bastion were an absolute joy.

KHII's Atlantica is fantastic. Because it's optional. Sure you need to finish it to get the Ultima Weapon but I never really needed it.

e: oh yeah and Halloween Town, that was great too, with one exception - the final fight against Oogey Boogey. God.

Bububu under the sea!

Port Royal for best Disney world in KH2, anyone? That or Halloween Town, I cannot decide.

Hmmm... I liked it but i'd never say it is the best. There is a special place in my heart for Beast's Castle :p

EDIT:
According to 2chan in the recent Famitsu interview with Nomura about KH 1.5 HD ReMIX, he mentions that he wants people to prepare for the final battle coming to PS3 with the HD ReMIX games. therefore, it seems like KHIII is still coming to PS3. This means that there's no way that Versus XIII is going to be on PS4 as Nomura said in the past that he wants to use the same engine for Versus XIII to make KHIII as it will speed up development.

Sorry... That is so insanely impossible on so many levels. To begin a new game on PS3 with the PS4 on the horizon would be incredibly dumb

Hmmm... I liked it but i'd never say it is the best. There is a special place in my heart for Beast's Castle :p

I disliked the enemies in Beasts Castle iirc but the bosses were great (Dark Thorn, Xaldin) and the lil cameo of BATB song was great touch.

I'll say that Pride Lands was a little dissapointing but they nailed the animal forms and control.

EDIT:

Sorry... That is so insanely impossible on so many levels. To begin a new game on PS3 with the PS4 on the horizon would be incredibly dumb

Lets assume that this is true, I think in that case Osaka team has worked on it for some time already and would not release any later than 2015 spring or something.

Amaron

Banned
I disliked the enemies in Beasts Castle iirc but the bosses were great (Dark Thorn, Xaldin) and the lil cameo of BATB song was great touch.

Xaladin was the bane of my KH2 career.

I was kind of sad that the idea of some of cool optional hard bosses such as the ones in KH1 got really toned down in KH2, and even then to the FM version. Oh, the memories of spamming Tinkerbell in the first 5 seconds of Kurt Zisa.

I'll say that Pride Lands was a little dissapointing but they nailed the animal forms and control.
Totally agree, Pride Lands was almost amazing

Lets assume that this is true, I think in that case Osaka team has worked on it for some time already and would not release any later than 2015 spring or something.

I'm not calling into question anything other than the PS3 thing. Spring 2015 would be awesome, that seems totally likely. Every big KH has launched in March/April in JP so i think that is their target release.

There is no chance a AAA game would launch on PS3 in 2015

Top Bottom