• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Come up with 5 summons for KH3! :3

Chewbacca! Cause screw the haters! :3
Bagheera! Cause he is a friggin black panther! How badass is that?
Chocobo! Cause it's high time the real deal gets some screentime, not just as a keychain/Gummi Ship! Besides it's one of the oldest classic summons in FF and it might fit better than Bahamut for example.
Darkwing Duck! Let's get dangerous for lulz.
The 3 Gargoyles! Cause even tho they were perhaps the weakest part of the movie damnit if Hunchback doesn't deserve more love, especially after the dissapointing world in DDD.

Bonus: that goldfish from Pinocchio. It could conjure up a tsunami like Leviathan! I wonder if summons would fit better if they were just one big cinematic attack/effect like in old FF.

I liked Peter Pan and Tinkerbell in KH2. It was neat of them to show up as a summon and memories of Neverland start appearing as photographs as you'll attack enemies.

Stitch is probably my favourite summon though, Sora using his Keyblade as a ukulele is hilarious.

botty

Banned
I... I don't know, I never use summons in Kingdom Hearts games. I don't think I used one in KH 2 until I reached The World That Never Was and I summoned Peter Pan.

I didn't use summons in my first play throughs either. But I did in each consecutive play through

Tsunamo

Question time: did anyone use the Chicken Little summon like more than one friggin time right after you get it?

KH1 wasn't perfect by all means but KH2 had shitty summons. Only ones that have any use are Genie for damage and Peter Pan for auto-life. And even then you'd rather use drive forms than Genie cause he needs to be leveled up to last for more than 5 seconds.
I used him once out of curiosity (I mean he's certainly not a character you'd expect as a summon in Kingdom Hearts), prettysure I didn't use him again.
Oh well, the obvious Chewbacca summon in KH3 makes it ok.
Even without a Star Wars world Chewie as a summon would be awesome!
Come up with 5 summons for KH3! :3
Bahamut - I was really dissappointed to hear Bahamut was cut from the original. I'd imagine there was issues getting it to work as a summon but I'd love to see it appear as a final/ultimate summon you can unlock if it could be pulled off.

Chewbacca - Because he'd be awesome as a summon!

Sulley - I honestly could see picture being really good support as a summon.

Ralph - He is called Wreck-it Ralph for a reason.

Buzz - I think there's a few ways that Buzz could work as a summon, and his unfinished model was found in 2 Final Mixes data, so obviously the KH team did too.

Guys, do you think we'll meet again the TWEWY characters in Traverse Town or they are probably gone forever from Kingdom hearts?

And, who's the one Sora "Thanks" at the end of Dream Drop Distance? I took it as it was him thanking Joshua, but i don't really know... after all there's a reason he goes back to TT...

(I just finished my first run through TWEWY and i, kinda fell in love with them xD)

Guys, do you think we'll meet again the TWEWY characters in Traverse Town or they are probably gone forever from Kingdom hearts?

And, who's the one Sora "Thanks" at the end of Dream Drop Distance? I took it as it was him thanking Joshua, but i don't really know... after all there's a reason he goes back to TT...

(I just finished my first run through TWEWY and i, kinda fell in love with them xD)

They should just dump Sora in KH3 and make Neku the main character.

OR MAKE TWEWY 2 SQUARE

DO YOU HEAR ME SQUARE

DO ITTTTTTTTT

Tsunamo

Play-Asia's preparing my 1.5 HD order!
Hopefully they ship in Wednesday so I have a chance of getting it before Monday, I'm so excited! :D
How many MaleP those summons require?
Would depend on how KH3 dishes out stat bonus's.
Why does it take so long for SE to localize KH 1.5? The games in the collection are already in English.
Extra cutscenes (as Narolf said), having to redub all of 358/2 Days scenes, plus extra ones that have been made into voiced cutscenes (that were only speech bubble scenes in days), a bit of extra text has to be translated in Kingdom Hearts for the Final Mix content and I'm prettysure Re:CoM has to be translated and dubbed in more languages for the PAL release. (which might explain why it's taking so long)
I always took the "See you in Shibuya." line as a bit of a hint that we'd be seeing the TWEWY cast return in Kingdom Hearts eventually, it would be a shame if they didn't appear again. It was great to see them interact with Sora and Riku but it felt very short lived.

For some reason KH1 and KH2 had a big pull on me. They are still in my mind, and I wish they would re-do them for the next consoles. Capture the classic Disney look. Dat Disney animation, truly is timeless.

Tsunamo

For some reason KH1 and KH2 had a big pull on me. They are still in my mind, and I wish they would re-do them for the next consoles. Capture the classic Disney look. Dat Disney animation, truly is timeless.
I'm not too sure what you mean by redoing them, but Kingdom Hearts 1's getting a HD remaster this year with a tweaks to bring it up to later series standards (camera pulled back, improved Sora Riku and Kairi models) and 2 will probably follow next year, so you may be close to your wish! Not on next gen consoles unforunately though :(

Groof

Man, I heard the Mickey Mouse March the other day, and for some reason I immediately started thinking of Kingdom Hearts. What I realised at that moment was not only how engrossing the first one was way back when, but how I really miss the game, making me triply excited for KH1.5, even though I've been really bitter about the series and its direction ever since the end of KH2.
I always liked the first one for what it was at the time, but even back then I always wondered how it would've looked like in-motion if it looked like they kept representing it with all the bullshots. I think we're not going to get just that, but we're damn close, and I successfully managed to get myself hyped at least. Don't even care about the other two included games anymore, I just want the experience I had all them years ago. Never thought I'd be excited for KH again!

aravuus

So the HD remaster only features KH1 and CoM? What will the second collection feature? KH2 and BbS?

Guess we'll see. With a wonderful timing, my 1-month old (used) PS3 decided to die, that piece of shit. I managed to play most of the interesting games of last 18 months so buying a third one just for KH HD is going to be hard to justify. Maybe there's a price drop around E3 or something.

So yeah, as I couldn't finish Ni No Kuni but was left with this immense JRPG craving, I decided to start this "play every KH you own this year" challenge with KH1. I'm doing the games on normal but I guess I could try 100%-ing them. Or not. We'll see what happens.

e: random question: if I already have 100 base strength in KHI, will str boosting key chains boost it over that 100 mark?

Game leaked early :)
ynDj1JE.jpeg
sxhWiEu.jpeg

http://kh13.com/news/35293-hd-1-5-r...isc-artwork-game-selection-screen-trophy-list

Looks like some pretty epic trophies so far:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
The Start of an Adventure
Alice in Wonderland
Go the Distance
Will Be in My Heart
Whole New World (Agrabah's Keyhole room)
Make a Wish Upon a Star
Part of Your World
This is Halloween
You Can Fly
*Hidden Trophy*
Beginner Synthesiser
Intermediate Synthesiser
Advanced Synthesiser
Gummi Ship Collector(Enjoy)
*Hidden Trophy*
Customiser
Top Ace
Test Pilot
Top Pilot
Ace Pilot (You have cleared Gummi Ship Mission 3)
*Hidden Trophy*
Magic Master
Guard Master
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*
Game Clear: Beginner Mode
Unchanging Gamer (Clear the game without changing the settings(?) once)
Undefeated
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*

358/2 Days
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*
*Hidden Trophy*
*photo is too blurry for this one* (You have cleared chapters 1-37)
Those Days of Gazing into the Heart
The Place that the Heart Managed to Reach

Doesn't look like the COM trophies have been translated yet... But it does look like there are some Gummi Ship trophies.

Suck it haters

I know! I'm surprised there are trophies for "playing" 358 haha

Now to wait for some good captures of the game. I hope they fixed the damn framerate in Re:CoM

I have made some poor mans avatars for the OT (I know its a LIL early) we can use if you want. Of course you could always do better ones being the gif god you are :D.

I have made some poor mans avatars for the OT (I know its a LIL early) we can use if you want. Of course you could always do better ones being the gif god you are :D.
Ha! You are too kind. I appreciate the help, you can never get on a KH hype train too early :3
Pics from the OP of 358/2 Days, courtesy of 2ch (no spoilers):
http://i.imgur.com/YMYDjge.jpeg
http://i.imgur.com/LqaBUlz.jpeg
http://i.imgur.com/66OtEty.jpeg

I'll follow their thread to see if anything new comes up.
That looks pretty cool, thanks man

Tsunamo

Game leaked early :)
ehlxldaco0l.gif

The pattern repeats itself.

First someone gets the game early, then we get shots of the case and disk/cart/umd, then screenshots of early parts of the game (and more as they go further on) along with tidbits of the game, (in this case trophy names) then closer to release or on release day people get their copys and start livestreaming the game.

Since I have a copy coming I'd like to avoid any 358 spoilers... I can't imagine their being anything to be spoiled from the other games haha.

Unless Nomura pulled a fast one and put a new secret ending in :p (a guy can dream)

Tsunamo

So a new CG render popped up on the front cover of Famitsu, and boy is it awesome!
Not only does it capture most of the original Kingdom Hearts English boxart, but it also adds Roxas, Namine, Xion and Axel into it.
ArikaMiz took a photo of it, here it is:

https://twitter.com/ArikaMiz/status/311774372211851264
BFOlI8ICAAAWgn7.jpg

Hopefully a Ultimania follows so we get a (mostly) clean version of the artwork.

P.S. I know scans aren't allowed, but I don't think there's any problem with the cover of the magazine, is there? I'll remove it if there is.

aravuus

Haha oh christ, I just now found out what's up with the castle photo Sora sees in Deep Jungle and somehow recognizes. It's Kairi's heart's memories of Hollow Bastion. That's hilarious and kind of cool at the same time :V

Also this KH HD stuff is really making me sad. Guess I'll hope for a PS3 price drop in summer and get it around the time KH HD and Tales of Xillia come out.

As pretty as that render is, it just reminded me how much I dislike Roxas, Axel and Xion.

How come? I think they are pretty likable characters, even Xion.
Axel's/Lea's asspull Keyblade
at the end of DDD was dumb but honestly, I don't really mind - I think I'm going to like it. As long as he and Kairi won't steal Donald's, Goofy's and other Disney characters' screen time though.

Groof

How come? I think they are pretty likable characters, even Xion.
Axel's/Lea's asspull Keyblade
at the end of DDD was dumb but honestly, I don't really mind - I think I'm going to like it. As long as he and Kairi won't steal Donald's, Goofy's and other Disney characters' screen time though.
So I started thinking about it after I posted that, and I realized that the only one I really dislike is Roxas. He's whiny, annoying and just appears all over the place for no reason (yeah yeah there are reasons, but come on). Axel, while I'm not too fond of him, is a bit tolerable and Xion just felt like a waste. But my memories of 358/2 Days are too fuzzy, my dislike for the game probably carried over onto the characters. I haven't played DDD and know next to nothing about it, so I can't comment about that.
All I'm hoping is that in whatever future instalment we get, the focus on the original characters lessen and it becomes an even focus on all involved parties; Original, Disney and Final Fantasy (Marvel/Star Wars too, for you true believers).

So I started thinking about it after I posted that, and I realized that the only one I really dislike is Roxas. He's whiny, annoying and just appears all over the place for no reason (yeah yeah there are reasons, but come on). Axel, while I'm not too fond of him, is a bit tolerable and Xion just felt like a waste. But my memories of 358/2 Days are too fuzzy, my dislike for the game probably carried over onto the characters. I haven't played DDD and know next to nothing about it, so I can't comment about that.
All I'm hoping is that in whatever future instalment we get, the focus on the original characters lessen and it becomes an even focus on all involved parties; Original, Disney and Final Fantasy (Marvel/Star Wars too, for you true believers).

I don't even...

die.

Top Bottom