• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Meh lil story beats here and there the community doesn't really talk much even with all these new announcements and stuff so I figured why not start a conversation. How to save roxas and Ven was my first topic

Oh okay! I thought you and Napalm were talking about the same thing, and it seemed like Utada had announced the KH3 theme or something

DKHF

So many questions people on the gaming side have about the KH series could be solved with a 20 second visit to Wikipedia lol. Not that hard to see that the order to play the remasters is going up from 1.5->2.5->2.8 or to just look at when they were released.

So many questions people on the gaming side have about the KH series could be solved with a 20 second visit to Wikipedia lol. Not that hard to see that the order to play the remasters is going up from 1.5->2.5->2.8 or to just look at when they were released.
I stopped trying it's just a dog pile of ignorance now. It's definitely not hard now that theres collections

[very serious voice] look, kingdom hearts games and nintendo consoles are both for emotionally crippled adults and their true destiny is together

I stopped trying it's just a dog pile of ignorance now. It's definitely not hard now that theres collections

The jokes about KH's story being a total mess is approaching "Half Life 3 release when?" levels of gaming meme-ness.

It's a messy story, yes, but we don't need it repeated every time the games are brought up.

The jokes about KH's story being a total mess is approaching "Half Life 3 release when?" levels of gaming meme-ness.

It's a messy story, yes, but we don't need it repeated every time the games are brought up.
So much this every thread turns into it. Nd 9/10 it's the "I only played 1&2 and I'm lost as hell" crowd...yea!? No shit you're lost lol

Is tiring and it happens on every KH thread. Nice that we'll finally have all the games on 1 console so this shit will cease with a single phrase.

Is tiring and it happens on every KH thread. Nice that we'll finally have all the games on 1 console so this shit will cease with a single phrase.

If Dream Drop Distance is anything to go by, KH3 will also do its best to make recaps of the previous games in the series available in case people are confused on any particular plot point.

It's not like Nomura's unaware of the fact that KH has a convoluted plot. It's pretty obviously become a selling point for the series, if anything.

If Dream Drop Distance is anything to go by, KH3 will also do its best to make recaps of the previous games in the series available in case people are confused on any particular plot point.

It's not like Nomura's unaware of the fact that KH has a convoluted plot. It's pretty obviously become a selling point for the series, if anything.
Nah it only sells because of Disney. All those handheld entry's that sold well(one of them of which has fuck all to do with Disney really/days) has to do with the Disney connection/s

Nah it only sells because of Disney. All those handheld entry's that sold well(one of them of which has fuck all to do with Disney really/days) has to do with the Disney connection/s

That's not really what the trailers would indicate (and I assume the trailers are tuned in part by focus group feedback). Trailers make it seem as though the appeal of Disney material and the appeal of KH-plot material are about evenly balanced, since they get roughly equal time.

edit: ohhhh that was a sarcasm thing

Those were really useful, and to the point. I guess what i'd like is a basic explanation of what master xehanort did, so we can organize the pieces correctly in time. With that said the plot in 3 is quite straightforward.

Those were really useful, and to the point. I guess what i'd like is a basic explanation of what master xehanort did, so we can organize the pieces correctly in time. With that said the plot in 3 is quite straightforward.

The setup at the end of DDD gives it a fairly simple framework for reasons to visit Disney worlds and so on, but there's still plenty of room for it to go crazy.

zeemumu

So much this every thread turns into it. Nd 9/10 it's the "I only played 1&2 and I'm lost as hell" crowd...yea!? No shit you're lost lol

To be fair most series don't treat the canon of their portable titles with so much importance in relation to the current story. They're usually reserved for side adventures or to give background plot. You can understand the story of FFVII or God of War without ever touching any of the portable titles, for example.

Since they were portable and weren't numbered, people were probably more likely to skip them in favor of the core games, but Kingdom Hearts likes to bounce back and forth in time with each of its releases and pretty much everything that isn't a Disney world plot is so important that it's easy to get lost. The best you could do is skip Coded. Reading the plot doesn't help either.

Whenever someone asks what Kingdom Hearts is about I tell them it's about a bunch of teenagers and Disney characters beating up an old man looking for his keys.

I believe, Kingdom Hearts tickles the bones of teens between 11-15. A age were it is very difficult to understand the difference between deep and complexity. They're still interested into cartoons, but also want something, which they believe to be adult, but can only understand by them. This feeling of being a part of a "smart" and exclusive society.
I call it the "Sonic Phase".

I also went through this phase with Sonic and Kingdom Hearts. But since i am an adult, it's hard to get into it again (it also didn't helped, that i hated Kingdom Hearts II's gameplay and story).
I see now why kingdom heart threads aren't made very often

Big Nikus

I had not thought about looking for a KH Community Thread until now (well, after I read the last thread and got fed up).
blablabla convoluted mess just press X and ignore the rest etc.

Also : 1.5, 2.5, 2.8
Is math really that hard ?
Even without this : google "Kingdom Hearts release order", boom, there it is.
Seriously...

Oh well, I'll stick to this thread now.

Whenever someone asks what Kingdom Hearts is about I tell them it's about a bunch of teenagers and Disney characters beating up an old man looking for his keys.

lol, that's on point

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone know if it's possible to do a level 1 100% journal run in KH1? I'm thinking of attempting one when the PS4 version comes out.

Zaverious

So what worlds y'all think are gonna come back for 3. I feel that Port Royal will come back and loosely adapt Dead Man's Chest and At World's End. I see a TRON world coming back based on the original movie again. Probably get a proper Lilo and Stitch world set in Hawaii ala Neverland.

I don't see any world from DDD coming back for 3 to be honest.

Edit: Begs the question if they will include most of the worlds belonging to the princesses of hearts given the plot.

So what worlds y'all think are gonna come back for 3. I feel that Port Royal will come back and loosely adapt Dead Man's Chest and At World's End. I see a TRON world coming back based on the original movie again. Probably get a proper Lilo and Stitch world set in Hawaii ala Neverland.

Edit: Begs the question if they will include most of the worlds belonging to the princesses of hearts given the plot.
Mysterious tower,twilight town, Olympus Colosseum/ mount Olympus are all in. I'd be fine with no more repeats.

We have 5 worlds confirmed
3 I mentioned
Tangled
Big hero 6

I'd like the rest to be all new as well

Hachitora

I'd like a Lilo&Stitch world where it's actually in Hawaii, not Deep Space. Figured with both Sora and the Wayfinder Trio having history with Stitch, it would be nice to see them interact with him again.

DKHF

I think Aladdin/Agrabah might return yet again for an adaptation of the King of Thieves. Though I know a lot of fans are sick of Agrabah at this point. Not sure what others will return that haven't been confirmed, maybe Halloween Town.

I think Aladdin/Agrabah might return yet again for an adaptation of the King of Thieves. Though I know a lot of fans are sick of Agrabah at this point. Not sure what others will return that haven't been confirmed, maybe Halloween Town.

Agrabah worlds have generally been the best ones for exploration and platforming, though. I'm kind of tired of it but at least King of Thieves is good fun. I wouldn't be mad.

I still think either Marvel or Star Wars is gonna show up to some degree.

DKHF

Agrabah worlds have generally been the best ones for exploration and platforming, though. I'm kind of tired of it but at least King of Thieves is good fun. I wouldn't be mad.

I still think either Marvel or Star Wars is gonna show up to some degree.
I've actually really enjoyed the Agrabah worlds myself, just seen a lot of people on the internet say they're sick of it haha.

Yeah I think at least one of the two will show up and I wouldn't mind either one being in.

Malyse

BH6.jpg

I'm feeling pretty sure about Marvel showing up.

if there's a Star Wars world I still think Dagobah's the most likely; some 'train with Yoda and confront the darkness' stuff makes sense, and it keeps things simple by leaving Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford out of it

KH has obviously lampshaded a whole lot of Star Wars references anyway (lightsabers, incredibly obvious Anakin Skywalker analogues, light and dark) and I think it'd be more fun to slyly acknowledge it than to keep pretending it isn't going on

zeemumu

if there's a Star Wars world I still think Dagobah's the most likely; some 'train with Yoda and confront the darkness' stuff makes sense, and it keeps things simple by leaving Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford out of it

KH has obviously lampshaded a whole lot of Star Wars references anyway (lightsabers, incredibly obvious Anakin Skywalker analogues, light and dark) and I think it'd be more fun to slyly acknowledge it than to keep pretending it isn't going on

Mark Hamill already voices a KH character so they've already got that handled.

Famassu

I don't think 3 will have marvel or star wars worlds I bet it'll only be cameos and weapon references
Big Hero 6 is a Marvel property, so Marvel is already in, though I guess you could argue it's based more on the movie, which was produced by Disney's animation side, and thus doesn't count as a "proper" Marvel IP. Or whatever.

Malyse

latest
latest
latest

They really don't care about recasting Luke, Leia and Han

There's obviously going to be a Star Wars world.

It would just be awkward to not have one after they reveal that Darth Vader is one of the new Organization's members

There's obviously going to be a Star Wars world.

It would just be awkward to not have one after they reveal that Darth Vader is one of the new Organization's members

lol, but seriously, IMO he's not making any "non-SE" characters a part of the 13 darknesses. Though there are still some blank spots, Nomura can easily fill them with
Sora
, Riku's Nobody, the organization members that were still around, etc.

lol, but seriously, IMO he's not making any "non-SE" characters a part of the 13 darknesses. Though there are still some blank spots, Nomura can easily fill them with
Sora

Yeah, I know, Org 13 isn't branching out :p

Still though, it'd be hilarious to have the 13 darknesses say one sentence in different pieces and then reveal Vader as the last one.

"...warriors of light..."
"...you cannot hope..."
"...to deafeat the power of..."

*pphhhfoooo-haaa breathing intensifies*
*Vader pulls down his cloak's hood*

"...THE DARK SIDE."

*Everyone but Sora appears confused af. Sora still getting over Lea having a keyblade.*

--End Scene--

zeemumu

BBS would've been the perfect place for a Star Wars world. An interaction between Vader and Terra with Terra realizing that Vader is what he might become if he gives in to the darkness, then he ends up defeating Vader and strengthens his resolve to try and resist it and leaves, planting doubt in Vader's mind as to whether or not he made the right decision. Or it can go the other direction and get could fight Vader to a draw or almost lose and Vader berates him for holding back the power of the dark side.

Plus both only wanted power to protect those that they cared about and both ended up losing everyone because of it.

This could probably be done with Riku too with a few modifications. Or he can show up years later in the Return of the Jedi world and help convince Vader to turn on Sidious.

Then Aqua could chill with Yoda and learn some wisdom and give context to her "hate and rage" comment towards the end of BBS, and Venus could get into shenanigans with Han and Chewie because friendship.

Watch them make Xehanort time travel and make Beast a darkness.

He becomes a heartless in the manga, I think.

Tsunamo

BBS would've been the perfect place for a Star Wars world. An interaction between Vader and Terra with Terra realizing that Vader is what he might become if he gives in to the darkness, then he ends up defeating Vader and strengthens his resolve to try and resist it and leaves, planting doubt in Vader's mind as to whether or not he made the right decision. Or it can go the other direction and get could fight Vader to a draw or almost lose and Vader berates him for holding back the power of the dark side.

Plus both only wanted power to protect those that they cared about and both ended up losing everyone because of it.

This could probably be done with Riku too with a few modifications. Or he can show up years later in the Return of the Jedi world and help convince Vader to turn on Sidious.

Then Aqua could chill with Yoda and learn some wisdom and give context to her "hate and rage" comment towards the end of BBS, and Venus could get into shenanigans with Han and Chewie because friendship.

He becomes a heartless in the manga, I think.
It wont happen now and will probably be a Sora & Co arrive when everyones on the Death Star type scenerio now, but i'd have loved a scenerio where Vader takeson Riku or Terra on as his temporary apprentice due to feeling their power with the dark side of the force. (again wishful thinking on my part, but the fanboy in me would be so happy)

I'd hope they get Mark back to voice Luke considering he voiced Eraqus in Birth By Sleep.

Sora

This is also true of the seven lights (it's obviously gonna be seven keyblade wielders).
Well Mickey of course

True. I figure it'll be Sora/Riku/Kairi, Mickey, Terra/Aqua/Ventus if they're gonna be straightforward about it (sub in Lea for Terra as needed, assuming the Lea/Isa and Terranort subplots go all the way to the endgame).

Roxas, Xion, and Namine are gonna be comparatively on the back burner for KH3, most likely.

Zaverious

So for the currently revealed darknesses we got:
Master Xehanort
Young Xehanort
Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
Xemnas
Xigbar
Saix

I feel that these characters could be potential darknesses:
Riku-Replica
KH1 Riku
Terra-Xehanort
Marluxia
Larxene
Vanitas
Ventus

The Rikus and Vanitas will be time travel shenanigans.
Marluxia and Larxene could be consequences for trying to overthrow the organization.
Aqua probably takes Ventus out of his sleeping chamber when she's rescued then Xehanort snatches him up or something.

It really is hard to predict who the darknesses will be though. The only one I'm really sure of out of what I wrote is Marluxia because of his new Nobody spawn in one of the KH3 trailers but it is most likely nothing.

Hell make Marluxia return in any context.

So for the currently revealed darknesses we got:
Master Xehanort
Young Xehanort
Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
Xemnas
Xigbar
Saix

I feel that these characters could be potential darknesses:
Riku-Replica
KH1 Riku
Terra-Xehanort
Marluxia
Larxene
Vanitas
Ventus

The Rikus and Vanitas will be time travel shenanigans.
Marluxia and Larxene could be consequences for trying to overthrow the organization.
Aqua probably takes Ventus out of his sleeping chamber when she's rescued then Xehanort snatches him up or something.

It really is hard to predict who the darknesses will be though. The only one I'm really sure of out of what I wrote is Marluxia because of his new Nobody spawn in one of the KH3 trailers but it is most likely nothing.

Hell make Marluxia return in any context.

Terranort's most likely going to be one of them. MX has obviously tried (and occasionally succeeded) to steal light-aligned keyblade wielders over to his side in order to disrupt the seven lights so he can go for the easy-mode attack-the-princesses solution, though, so potentially we'll see Sora do the same thing by rescuing Terra before the endgame. The time travel shit technically kinda allows Terra and Terranort to both be in the mix at the same time, I suppose.

Ventus is pretty out of the question as far as darkness is concerned (his damaged-ass heart is pure light). I think Vanitas is an easy and obvious candidate, though.

MX, YX, Terranort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, and Vanitas are the only characters we've seen with the trademark yellow eyes (Riku and the Riku Replica never did, and neither did any other Organization XIII members), though, so... who knows who else it'll be. I wouldn't be too surprised to see KH 2.8 shed some light on this (especially with the Forerunners shit).

Malyse

Stop assuming Sora is a light.

Sora still hasn't dealt with his darkness. Anti Form shows it's a problem. The Ventus nightmare shows it's a problem. And MX directly said that Sora belongs to him and after the end says the pieces will all fall in place. Chess master like him doesn't say things lightly. That plot line wasn't resolved at all.

He needs to actually overcome his darkness.

Top Bottom