• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Lnds500

I said this in the FF thread about KH3 and it hit me that I prolly should've said it here..... anybody else curious to see how Nomura uses Noctis in KH3? Hahaha Nomura is prolly crying tears of joy. Noctis and Sora fighting together!

I imagine he won't use any XV character but if that happened there's only one choice.

Stella.

Malyse

kh_lightning.png

Zaverious

Bringing in my fan-fic idea of revamping The World That Never Was into The Dark City and have "darker" characters from Square and Disney.

Square: Vincent Valentine, The Bouncer gang, Eve, Agent 47
Disney: The Phantom Blot, Julius, The Mad Doctor, Oswald

Terrible idea. I know.

zeemumu

Bringing in my fan-fic idea of revamping The World That Never Was into The Dark City and have "darker" characters from Square and Disney.

Terrible idea. I know.

I like the idea of bringing in Phantom Blot. He seems like a no-brainer for Kingdom Hearts. I'm surprised that they haven't done it yet.

I'm still banking on that Haunted Mansion world based on the ride itself. They're incorporating the rides as gameplay mechanics and the Haunted Mansion is probably large enough to be its own world (probably around the size of Beast Castle)

GoldStarz

Terrible idea. I know.

So basically you want to make TWTNW into Epic Mickey Meets SE. ok

zeemumu

Aside from a reverse delay (which won't happen), the only things that would make me happy are a KH collection for PS4, a Haunted Mansion world announcement, or an announcement of a new line of merchandise for Disney Parks.

It's probably gonna be a trailer with one extra scene added in

DKHF

Oh Hashimoto's presentation in a few hours at Paris Games Week might actually have something of substance newswise. Nomura just tweeted on the Japanese KH Twitter account that the account will be tweeting five times late at night Japan time tonight (encouraged fans to stay up late) which would align with when Hashimoto's PGW KH presentation is (the presentation is happening in an hour and 12 mins from now). Maybe they are unrelated but it seems likely they are related.

I will still keep my expectations fairly low though.

Malyse

But if there is one thing SE loves it's reasons to slide their games back!

And that's why they shouldn't be given them. It's bad enough people whining about "it's been ten years! where's KH3?" like there were no games in the interim, but this "I want all the games on PS4" like you can't find a damned PS3 is irritating.

And that's why they shouldn't be given them. It's bad enough people whining about "it's been ten years! where's KH3?" like there were no games in the interim, but this "I want all the games on PS4" like you can't find a damned PS3 is irritating.
It's not that deep to be honest people want the ports.

Edit:lmao and it got announced

Tsunamo

Finally now I thought we wont get any "What do I play?" people on the gaming side confusion, but then I saw the thread title lol

Psxphile

Depends if they decide to add anything extra. Or at least fix the niggling issues from the Remixes (drive load times, the Xemnas fight, etc.). 60fps is nice but alone it's not enough of an incentive for me when I already own both. I still use my PS3 regularly so it's not like I can't play the remixes whenever I desire.

I may be swayed by a nifty collector's edition or even just a swanky new boxart... buuuuut it'd have to be pretty damn swanky.

Tsunamo

Wouldn't suprise me in the least if Nomura cooked up some new art for this version of the collection.

They comeout pretty close to my birthday so i'll probably grab them. One nice thing at least is 1 and Re:CoM will be in 1080p natively this time, but yeah hopefully rather than just bumping it 60fps they fixup a few issues that the PS3 versions had. I'd like these versions to be the definitive ones.

I wonder if they might impliement the touchscreen for a couple of things like bringing up menus or shotlocks.

I wonder if they're going to fix the issues in KH1.

They should separate the command button into 2: triangle for the new 1.5 actions, and R2 to orders. That way you won't have D&G attack the enemy you're trying to use Ragnarok on.

The other thing they need to do if fixing the lip sync. Why the hell did they use the english cutscenes in the japanese version? And why only some of them?

Malyse

91Kg-8Z0M0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's good to see the logo has finally caught up to the character designs in overwrought silliness. Transparency, gradient, bevel, emboss, metallic textures, drop shadows, stroke. It's like they went out of their way to hit every single layer effect possible.

It would be hilarious if they stealth include playable HD remakes of Days and Coded.

Worth noting, too, that the big flash of white in the second image isn't an actual weapon, but an edit over a hammer-like version of a keyblade from a world that hasn't been announced

If the weapon is some sort of hammer, can we guess which disney world would have a keyblade that would transform into such a weapon?

My guess: The weapon is a keyblade based on the golden Fix-it Felix hammer. Wreck-it Ralph!

Top Bottom