• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Psxphile

Poetic that
child Sora is the one who notices the Wayfinder in the water at the beginning, but it's teen-aged Sora whose hand reaches in to pluck it out at the very end.

aravuus

Who else is excited to platinum Re:CoM again in 60 fps?

Dunno about platting it, but I'm excited to give it a proper try - it's the one game in the series I tend to ignore the most.

Oh man. I can't wait to play (almost) every game in the series one after the other in 60 goddamn fps next year.

Dunno about platting it, but I'm excited to give it a proper try - it's the one game in the series I tend to ignore the most.

Oh man. I can't wait to play (almost) every game in the series one after the other in 60 goddamn fps next year.
I'm actually not touching com this time. Avoiding it like the plague platinum be damned can't do it again.

Poetic that
child Sora is the one who notices the Wayfinder in the water at the beginning, but it's teen-aged Sora whose hand reaches in to pluck it out at the very end.

Nomura has a way of putting those details and subtleties on his work. I love that.

Also Aqua is such a great character, how strong you have to be to last more than 10 years roaming that hell hole. It's about time she finally comes back.

Nomura has a way of putting those details and subtleties on his work. I love that.

Also Aqua is such a great character, how strong you have to be to last more than 10 years roaming that hell hole. It's about time she finally comes back.

Best protagonist in the series. I can't wait.

Psxphile

Unlikely. The frame story is Mickey telling Kairi and Riku about him meeting Aqua in the RoD.

Meeting her. Not saving her. Something happens, and I always thought it was how he went from being stuck behind the DtD along with Riku and both somehow ending up at Castle Oblivion (with help from DiZ). Nomura wanted to tell that story too, and maybe now he'll get the chance.

Anyway, the 0.2 OP implies a meeting between Sora and Aqua. Also, recall that it was Aqua's magic that somehow guided Kairi to Destiny Islands. I mean, she could cast it on herself, jump into a Corridor and hope for the best?

Tsunamo

Also worth noting that 0.2 was from what I remember implied by Nomura to original be a part of KH3's intro/prologue before it got bigger, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a secret ending or something of the like showing her being saved or about to escape (imo), even if the main story is just Mickey telling everyone about his chance encounter with Aqua there.

Also I hope to god trophies carryover for 1.5+2.5. I don't want to go to that dark place again.

Kinsei

Banned
Also worth noting that 0.2 was from what I remember implied by Nomura to original be a part of KH3's intro/prologue before it got bigger, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a secret ending or something of the like showing her being saved or about to escape (imo), even if the main story is just Mickey telling everyone about his chance encounter with Aqua there.

Also I hope to god trophies carryover for 1.5+2.5. I don't want to go to that dark place again.

Even if the trophies don't carry over at the very least the KH1 and CoM difficulty trophies should stack.In CoM getting all of the enemy cards as Sora and grinding Riku up to 99 again would suck though.

Psxphile

From Tumblr:

tumblr_ofsb9wKtQp1s626vgo1_540.jpg

Oops!

I haven't been to the World of Final Fantasy OT so this is probably old news by now.

Tsunamo

Even if the trophies don't carry over at the very least the KH1 and CoM difficulty trophies should stack.In CoM getting all of the enemy cards as Sora and grinding Riku up to 99 again would suck though.
Yeah that's true at least, saves a bit of hassle. But yeah I don't know if I have it in me to get all of CoM's cards and get Sora and Riku to level 99 again.
From Tumblr:

tumblr_ofsb9wKtQp1s626vgo1_540.jpg

Oops!

I haven't been to the World of Final Fantasy OT so this is probably old news by now.
That's neat! I like that they used the CG art rather than the games art too (even if I prefer the latter)

If he actually detaches his heart from the ventus "fragment", wouldn't that "free" Roxas too?

Xion is the real enigma, i think. Though she apparently still lives inside Sora, but no one is aware of that.
Would it? Freeing ven first would drastically change roxas wouldn't iit?

Xion only lives as a memory inside him doesn't she? Gaaaah lol

He'd have to separate Roxas' memories without giving him any of his own. So Roxas would lose the ability to wield a keyblade

At first I figured he could simply do what he did in kh1. Stab himself with another special keyblade freeing vens heart and creating roxas again and than kairi in theory could restore him again. But there's so many holes in that plan when I think about iit lol

zeemumu

At first I figured he could simply do what he did in kh1. Stab himself with another special keyblade freeing vens heart and creating roxas again and than kairi in theory could restore him again. But there's so many holes in that plan when I think about iit lol

He could do whatever sleeping hearts awakening power he'll get from Yen Sid when he first is he's his training to wake up Ven but he's gonna need Aqua to find Ven's body.

Roxas is gonna be tricky because even Namine has difficulty untangling all that.

Part of Xion still exists in Roxas somewhere since he has her keyblade but her existence was determined entirely by other people's perceptions of her. If she was remade it'd have to be with Roxas dormant memories of her.

What I want to know is how they're gonna get Terra back. His body got all fucker up and his mind is in a suit of armor.

He could do whatever sleeping hearts awakening power he'll get from Yen Sid when he first is he's his training to wake up Ven but he's gonna need Aqua to find Ven's body.

Roxas is gonna be tricky because even Nadine has difficulty untangling all that.

Part of Xion still exists in Roxas somewhere since he has her keyblade but her existence was determined entirely by other people's perceptions of her. If she was remade it'd have to be with Roxas dormant memories of her.

What I want to know is how they're gonna get Terra back.
Terra would have to be the last and towards the end wouldn't he? Unless they draw that version of xehanort out.

zeemumu

Terra would have to be the last and towards the end wouldn't he? Unless they draw that version of xehanort out.

Yeah. They'd have to unpossess him by removing Xehanort's heart from him body.

Shame there isn't a Once Upon a Time world where people get their hearts torn out on a regular basis

zeemumu

Could Terra save himself? In theory

In theory, but he probably won't. I don't think he has quite enough willpower to expel Xehanort completely. He tried in BBS but Xehanort stopped him with heart locking shenanigans. He does however have the willpower to animate his armor to fight for him.

Riku technically didn't save himself either. Ansem SoD straight up expelled him to the realm of darkness and overshadowed his body. If I remember correctly, Terra's heart hasn't been expelled completely. He's still stuck in there trying to fight but he needs that edge.

Gotta wait for Xehanort to drop his guard.

Hopefully he doesn't. IMO Roxas isn't even in a position that he needs to be saved after KH2.

Blank points beg to differ i think. The ideal ending of this saga is all the separate trios reunited and living happy after all the shit that's happened.

Naminé's been eternally forgotten though. Even more than Xion.

In theory, but he probably won't. I don't think he has quite enough willpower to expel Xehanort completely. He tried in BBS but Xehanort stopped him with heart locking shenanigans. He does however have the willpower to animate his armor to fight for him.

Riku technically didn't save himself either. Ansem SoD straight up expelled him to the realm of darkness and overshadowed his body. If I remember correctly, Terra's heart hasn't been expelled completely. He's still stuck in there trying to fight but he needs that edge.

Gotta wait for Xehanort to drop his guard.
Hmmm sounds like he just needs a touch of light :). Another thing that interests me... ansem told aqua it's been a year..maybe more since he's seen Sora. How many years do we think have passed from kh2-kh3

zeemumu

Hmmm sounds like he just needs a touch of light :). Another thing that interests me... ansem told aqua it's been a year..maybe more since he's seen Sora. How many years do we think have passed from kh2-kh3

Realm of darkness time is weird. Aqua's been in there for well over a decade of realm of light time. I think a few years is a fair estimate between KH2 and 3.

Realm of darkness time is weird. Aqua's been in there for well over a decade of realm of light time. I think a few years is a fair estimate between KH2 and 3.
Yea I suppose time stops while you're in there which makes me wonder what happens if she emerges will she stay the same or age accordingly

zeemumu

roxas will be merged back into ventus and we'll get a ventus that also remembers the year or so of life that roxas had ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then we start to get into the madness of, if Nobodies are the leftover bodies and Ventus' body has been in Castle Oblivion for years and Sora regained his body from Kairi's magic light hug, whose body has Roxas been using?

Who would be the one trapped in the darkness of soras heart ansem was talking about would that be roxas? Obviously the one that was embraced by the warmth was ventus.

They are probably changing ventus or roxas design a bit, probably age-ing Ven, so they are not that clone-like, but they are totally not merging them together.

also

Banned
And then we start to get into the madness of, if Nobodies are the leftover bodies and Ventus' body has been in Castle Oblivion for years and Sora regained his body from Kairi's magic light hug, whose body has Roxas been using?
I thought Sora was just a heart until he absorbed Roxas?

Who would be the one trapped in the darkness of soras heart ansem was talking about would that be roxas? Obviously the one that was embraced by the warmth was ventus.
I think the heart "sleeping in the darkness of Sora's heart" refers to Xion.

Roxas does but Sora doesn't
Eh, Roxas doesn't look too happy in DDD.

I thought Sora was just a heart until he absorbed Roxas?

Eh, Roxas doesn't look too happy in DDD.

They haven't really touched on wtf was going on there, but I can see them just ignoring that bit forever at this point.

Roxas seemed resigned to what happened, not happy. Like "Welp, this is just how it is." And besides, Sora's not exactly the kind of person to accept something like that without an attempt to fix it. If he thinks Roxas should be his own person, then he's going to be.

also

Banned
They haven't really touched on wtf was going on there, but I can see them just ignoring that bit forever at this point.

Roxas seemed resigned to what happened, not happy. Like "Welp, this is just how it is." And besides, Sora's not exactly the kind of person to accept something like that without an attempt to fix it. If he thinks Roxas should be his own person, then he's going to be.
Yup: "When he sees a heart in something, it then becomes real."

There ya go, fixed that for you.
Blasphemy
LtbOQ9a.png
9sSn6tk.png
WSIFzsI.png

Psxphile

If someone's memories needs a vessel to become whole, Vexen's replica program would be an answer. He was basically just shoving memories into automatons to give them form.

Black_Sun

Roxas has been using Sora's body and took Ventus' dormant heart with him while growing his own.

Kairi just gave Sora a new body.

The real question is Namine but you can handwave that as her being the nobody of a Princess of Light with influences from Sora and Ventus.

Malyse

Roxas has been using Sora's body and took Ventus' dormant heart with him while growing his own.

Kairi just gave Sora a new body.

The real question is Namine but you can handwave that as her being the nobody of a Princess of Light with influences from Sora and Ventus.
No, Kairi gave Sora a shell. Sora was a Heart with no body until he reabsorbed Roxas after the KH2 prologue.

Top Bottom