• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

I'd wonder if Sora would really fall for it twice though. He'd have to to be a darkness. Maybe he'll get overshadowed by Vanitas

Famassu

We know those six and Marluxia's human form, Terranort and Vanitas are pretty strong guesses for a few more. In addition to those, I'd imagine there will be maybe 1-3 more old Org XIII members and one or two megaton surprises (either new or "new" characters (from KHUX/2.8) or someone from the light side turning to darkness).

The lights should be

Sora
Kairi
Riku
Mickey
Aqua
Ven
Axel

though there will probably be some shenanigans that will shuffle the deck a bit.

Stop assuming Sora is a light.

He needs to actually overcome his darkness.
By all intents and purposes, Sora is at least preparing/entering the final confrontation on light's side. Xehanort will try his hardest to change the situation, but Sora, as of now, is on the light's side. Even if Sora falls to the dark side, that will most likely lead to some kind of a struggle that Sora will eventually win.

Malyse

They outright called him a light? Xehanort says two belonged to him but than they got Sora back. But alright

They outright have confirmed nothing about the lights. Guardian of light doesn't necessarily mean keyblade wielder and Mickey was just listing off potential candidates.
By all intents and purposes, Sora is at least preparing/entering the final confrontation on light's side. Xehanort will try his hardest to change the situation, but Sora, as of now, is on the light's side. Even if Sora falls to the dark side, that will most likely lead to some kind of a struggle that Sora will eventually win.

Exactly. Sora needs to fix his shit before he becomes a liability.

If that's the case your assumptions are just as baseless. The lights are the seven princesses(as said in DDD) The assumption would therefore be that the Guardians of light are the keyblade wielders. If Sora being a light is a baseless assumption so is thinking he'll be overtaken by darkness yet again

zeemumu

Exactly. Sora needs to fix his shit before he becomes a liability.

He's no more of a liability than any of the other guardians of light who aren't Riku.

Honestly if either Xemnas or Ansem SOD had known where Aqua was they probably would have tried to recruit her too.

Malyse

He's no more of a liability than any of the other guardians of light who aren't Riku.

You think trapped in the Realm of Darkness for ten years Aqua, had his darkness forcibly removed and as a result is nigh pure light Ventus, born with no Darkness in her heart Kairi, or Disney said in no uncertain terms he can't die Mickey have the potential to fall to Darkness? Plus if Terra come back, he'll almost certainly be the same half dark mix as Riku. Sora is absolutely more of a liability.

You think trapped in the Realm of Darkness for ten years Aqua, had his darkness forcibly removed and as a result is nigh pure light Ventus, born with no Darkness in her heart Kairi, or Disney said in no uncertain terms he can't die Mickey have the potential to fall to Darkness? Plus if Terra come back, he'll almost certainly be the same half dark mix as Riku. Sora is absolutely more of a liability.

I think if and when that happens, it's also when we see Isa finally pull his face turn and save the day. Lord knows they've been building that twist up for years - it only really makes sense to deploy it when it seems like all is lost or whatever.

Malyse

I think if and when that happens, it's also when we see Isa finally pull his face turn and save the day. Lord knows they've been building that twist up for years - it only really makes sense to deploy it when it seems like all is lost or whatever.
nate5.gif

tumblr_nzl6e2CMyr1rku80no1_500.gif

zeemumu

Aqua is teetering on the edge of breaking, Ventus' darkness is physically an antagonist, and before getting keyblade, Kairi was pretty much 100% damsel in distress, so yeah. They've all had a turn on the liability train, Malyse. DDD was Sora's turn.

Mickey will never because Disney would never allow that to happen.

Plus you can't become a master without learning to keep your darkness out of the red (Xehanort excluded).

Malyse

zeemumu

What.

What.

DAMSEL MY ASS.

That's the whole thing with what'she happening to Aqua. All that isolation and depression is affecting her mentally.

And would you call your darkness physically attacking your friends independent of you under control?

And...Jesus...half of those are post-keyblade. She had already had her liability turn. Come on, man, she's not even doing anything in over half of those.

My point is that Sora by this point shouldn't be singled out as a liability because everyone'should gone through their shit and Sora had to as well if he's a master in KH3.

Zaverious

So you're telling me that Kairi is at her best in a gag manga? ;)

"I'm tired of waiting, so don't tell me to stay behind!"
Stays behind.
smh

I'm in favor of shuffling the decks a bit, as long as riku stays a light.

Also the Isa vs Lea fight seems so promising, really hope it delivers.

Psxphile

Sometimes I think coded/Re:coded would have had more impact if it was revealed that it was Kairi playing as Sora inside the virtual world, following in his footsteps, retreading old ground and getting that much needed keyblade training while also solving the mystery of the journals and fending off threats like Maleficent and FeelsRoxas.

Well, I guess KHx can still pull that twist...

Tsunamo

Sometimes I think coded/Re:coded would have had more impact if it was revealed that it was Kairi playing as Sora inside the virtual world, following in his footsteps, retreading old ground and getting that much needed keyblade training while also solving the mystery of the journals and fending off threats like Maleficent and FeelsRoxas.

I can't wait to see what layer of meta mindfucks Nomura pulls with the Unchained ending, especially if
Ven and two other characters are in there that will probably be important but weren't in vanilla Chi

Brhoom

Banned
Hello eveyone. My friends is an avid Kingdom Hearts fan, I want to give him a gift, what official and rare kingdom hearts items I can give him? I'm willing to spend since I'm saving for two months for this.

I just want him to freakout when I give it to him.

Thanks in advance.

Malyse

KH3D needs the Kairi epilogue.

Hello eveyone. My friends is an avid Kingdom Hearts fan, I want to give him a gift, what official and rare kingdom hearts items I can give him? I'm willing to spend since I'm saving for two months for this.

I just want him to freakout when I give it to him.

Thanks in advance.

Probably the shadow heartless plushy from the ps3 1.5/2.5 combo collectors edition

I'd sell mine, but it's worth nothing.

zeemumu

D:

Maybe a nice keyblade to swing around, then

If you actually want to swing it around/cosplay with it, don't buy a metal one. They're heavy as hell and i had to remove the keychain so it wouldn't smack me. I see the foam and wooden ones sold by sword vendors at cons/collectible shows for like $30

I can't wait to see what layer of meta mindfucks Nomura pulls with the Unchained ending, especially if
Ven and two other characters are in there that will probably be important but weren't in vanilla Chi

I anticipate that Back Cover will likely cover the bits that matter (and then some).

Zaverious

You know I never took issue with the fact that Nobodies can grow hearts. It just made sense in this universe where everything from puppets to data to worlds can have hearts. They kinda made it a point with Tron and Pinocchio then hammered it on with Data-Sora. They heavily hinted at it with Axel and Roxas' relationship. Sure all it did was make Xemnas motivations less interesting since it boiled down to Xehanort's master plan behind everything but it is a nice tragic thing for the organization to not know.

Tsunamo

Remember those ridicilously over the top bullshots of 2.5 back in the day?

Hopefully with PS4Pro and downsampling it can become a reality.
In all honesty if they added some good AA I think it would be pretty close to those (from what I recall of them)

But yeah with the PS4 Pro and downsampling it'll probably hit that mark.

botty

Banned
Opening Ranking:

KH2 > 0.2 > Dream Drop Distance > KH1 > Birth By Sleep > The rest.

It's a shame 0.2 isn't a full game.

Top Bottom