• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Aquova

Cx1C6pxVQAANhsU.jpg
Cx1C6pwUcAA-gMk.jpg

Nomura thinks up poses for characters, then can't resist using it over and over and over again.

4033847-8280692509-Sora_.png
finalfantasy15_822791.jpg

IMG_0026.JPG

kingdom-hearts28-cover.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nomura thinks up poses for characters, then can't resist using it over and over and over again.

4033847-8280692509-Sora_.png
finalfantasy15_822791.jpg

IMG_0026.JPG

kingdom-hearts28-cover.png

Or maybe he misses Versus so much he wants to put it in KH in some form (namely the poses, lol).

I can't believe XV release is just days away. Maybe finally KH3 can get the spotlight after.

''Now it's Stormblood's time to shine!'' to explain KH3 absence next E3.

DKHF

I can't believe XV release is just days away. Maybe finally KH3 can get the spotlight after.

''Now it's Stormblood's time to shine!'' to explain KH3 absence next E3.
It will be so good to finally have XV out of the way so we can start seeing KH3 again. Hopefully they're planning to release the next trailer at a 2.8 launch event (but not behind closed doors shit since they promised "announcements this winter" for all to see). If not that then maybe at an event in February/March or something.

Famassu

Dragon Quest XI could still take at least some of KHIII's spotlight if they are still on track to release it sometime before Fall 2017. KHIII might make an appearance or two prior to E3 2017 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's nothing too major (think FFXV's marketing cycle's reboot with the Dawn trailers). A short new teaser at Jump Festa or at some KH2.8 launch event and/or maybe some kind of (gameplay?) video as a bonus in KH1.5 + 2.5 to... "encourage" fans to double dip, with a slightly more substantial trailer MAYBE at E3 2017, perhaps our first proper peek at the story of KHIII (other than Eraqus & YX talking). Or it could still be just as teaserish as the rest of the KHIII trailers so far.

DKHF

Dragon Quest XI could still take at least some of KHIII's spotlight if they are still on track to release it sometime before Fall 2017. KHIII might make an appearance or two prior to E3 2017 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's nothing too major (think FFXV's marketing cycle's reboot with the Dawn trailers). A short new teaser at Jump Festa or at some KH2.8 launch event and/or maybe some kind of (gameplay?) video as a bonus in KH1.5 + 2.5 to... "encourage" fans to double dip, with a slightly more substantial trailer MAYBE at E3 2017, perhaps our first proper peek at the story of KHIII (other than Eraqus & YX talking). Or it could still be just as teaserish as the rest of the KHIII trailers so far.
I don't think DQXI will take very much of the spotlight from KH3 considering it's probably not coming to the west until at least mid 2018 assuming it launches in Q3/Q4 2017 in Japan. So they will probably only be promoting it in Japan in any significant capacity next year. And more importantly, even if DQXI's western release is closer to Japan's than expected, DQ is a lot less popular than KH worldwide, so KH3 would take priority for their worldwide marketing efforts.

Might be unrealistically optimistic but I think next year will be full of KH3 marketing starting with a short trailer confirming a 2017 release at a 2.8 launch event or whenever the winter announcements happen. Then a big showing at E3 (new trailer, demo to show off at media outlets, interviews etc). Then a release in December 2017 and it will be SE's big game for late next year (occupying the position FFXV is in for them this year).

What is going on with FFXV?

Without treading into spoiler territory, I just think it could've used a bit more time in the oven. It's an ambitious game for sure (and on the gameplay side of things, it seems to be excellent), but it seems like it kinda falls off pretty hard in the latter portion of the game. Not in a "Wow this game is fucking broken" kind of way, but it's pretty clear that the way it's structured is the product of the game's infamous development cycle.

I mean, KHIII likely isn't anywhere close in scale to XV, so any concerns on that front might be completely unfounded, but it should be interesting to see how the Osaka team handles the transition to HD development, at least in comparison to how Tabata and co. made the jump from PSP/Mobile titles right to XV.

Not throwing shade at XV or anything, just to be clear. Still looks like a fun ass game, and I'm eagerly awaiting Tuesday. Just making an observation.

Famassu

Okay, I've just kind of managed to keep myself in the dark in regards to FFXV for the last 1,5-2 months (mostly) and haven't read any impressions from people who've already gotten a copy of the game so your post got me worried there was something majorly wrong with the game. Good to hear it's getting seemingly positive reception for the most part. I can live with a somewhat disjointed story or other such problems, not like much beloved games in the franchise like FFIX & FFXII keep it together perfectly through to the end yet they are still... well, beloved.

And yeah, I feel like KHIII can benefit from having a somewhat more linear/smaller focus as far as world design, story & such go.

Lnds500

The Osaka team has their jobs cut out for them. KH3 is the first title in the series with mixed to negative reactions about the graphics. I hope the tech/graphics team working on XV will help out.

Famassu

I feel like the only criticism about KHIII's graphics is about the character models (mainly Sora and other original KH characters) that don't quite look like you'd imagine those particular characters looking in PS4 level graphics. Otherwise it's a beautiful game, especially considering we've mostly seen footage from stuff that is 2-3(+) years from release.

2.8 is less than 2 months away and it doesn't feel like that at all lol.

I wonder if we will get a final ''launch'' trailer at PSX or JF. I kinda hope we don't, starting to feel we have seen more than enough of 0.2.

2.8 is less than 2 months away and it doesn't feel like that at all lol.

I wonder if we will get a final ''launch'' trailer at PSX or JF. I kinda hope we don't, starting to feel we have seen more than enough of 0.2.

I dunno about that - we still haven't gotten a "wait what the fuck what's going on" out-of-context cutscene reveal trailer (remember the confusion when Vanitas was first shown in a BBS trailer?), just stuff sort of outlining the basic concept of the game (and of Back Cover) without dropping any major plot reveals.

DKHF

I think its next trailer will be at Jump Festa. Gives it enough space from XV's launch
and it's Nomura's fave event.

t1gerjaw

It's been a while since I played KH 2.5 on critical, but I can't for the life of me win any of the data battles against Organization XIII.
Roxas is kicking my ass repeatedly. I tried to watch some videos, but no dice.

Well, back to FFXV, I guess.

Tsunamo

Jump Festa 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 trailers are confirmed, so yeah we'll probably get a final one. Hopefully it doesn't spoil too much, but we all know Nomura can't resist.
I feel like the only criticism about KHIII's graphics is about the character models (mainly Sora and other original KH characters) that don't quite look like you'd imagine those particular characters looking in PS4 level graphics. Otherwise it's a beautiful game, especially considering we've mostly seen footage from stuff that is 2-3(+) years from release.
My main gripe with the lighting not really blending well with the models, but since they sorted that out in 0.2 for the mostpart it's fine and looks spectacular. (especially the recent Olympus shots)
It's been a while since I played KH 2.5 on critical, but I can't for the life of me win any of the data battles against Organization XIII.
Roxas is kicking my ass repeatedly. I tried to watch some videos, but no dice.

Well, back to FFXV, I guess.
They're pretty tough. I did what was easiest for me and then worked my way up after I got the buff items from beating the others.

Jump Festa 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 trailers are confirmed, so yeah we'll probably get a final one. Hopefully it doesn't spoil too much, but we all know Nomura can't resist.My main gripe with the lighting not really blending well with the models, but since they sorted that out in 0.2 for the mostpart it's fine and looks spectacular. (especially the recent Olympus shots) They're pretty tough. I did what was easiest for me and then worked my way up after I got the buff items from beating the others.

No trailer for the most important KH title in development, though :(

Hachitora

Wasn't expecting that much new stuff. Sora sounds kinda weird, anyone else think that? Always thought it was Osment trying to do a younger Sora voice for DDD, but it still sounds like that for present Sora

Also, seeing Mickey as a party member in that trailer gives me high hopes for more party customization throughout the game (and maybe your controlled character too)

Tsunamo

Wow that trailer, didn't know we'd see Sora after the events of 3D, thought it was only Aqua's tale.
I thought they'd pull something like it for the ending given it seemed to be Mickey retelling the story right after DDD's ending and it was originally a part of the KH3 intro.

Classic Nomura to showoff something like that in the last trailer spoiling it.
KH3 reveal
tumblr_ohvlot5xbz1qe5rzzo2_1280.png

2.8 Trailer
tumblr_ohvlot5xbz1qe5rzzo1_1280.png
It looks fantastic. I've gotta say though, even though it's just personal preference I prefer the more simplistic, more colourful style of the original.

What's the minimum level I should be in KH2 before attempting the XIII memory fights? I tried the one in Port Royale at level 22 and got destroyed in seconds

just get once more ,second chance and second level of reflect then try it again
Did final mix nerf the reflect magic? I remember using reflega against sephiroth on the original and it took out, maybe, two full bars. I thought I heard something about that, like how they got rid of the pride lands level grind trick.

zeemumu

No.

*buys tickets*

I'll buy mine eventually. It had a presence at 2015's, and with 2017 being so kingdom Hearts-heavy and Disney Interactive not having anything else big to announce since Infinity is done, it just might.

I still have that King Mickey costume disc that they gave away

Top Bottom