• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Still a bit bummed when it comes to Olympus since James Woods doesn't quite have the same energy he used to (I mean obviously, he is getting up there).

I can always appreciate one last ride doe if he is up for doing KH3. Need a Zeus+Hades scene.

Malyse

I really look forward to doing a new Kingdom Hearts thread. The OP of this one is so lackluster.

----

How would you feel about this being Sora's permanent outfit forever and ever amen going forward?

latest

I think that we are at the point that Sora can just be a nebulous "teenager" instead of an actual age and I like this design enough that I wouldn't mind it returning over and over.

Kairi should have lots of clothes though

Imagine a Hercules world in KH3 without Hades.
Indeed. But again I probably would rather have no Hades than Hades who isn't James Woods. They could easily also write the character to support Woods's age to make him more sly and less angry or outrageous.

I suppose they could throw a curveball and have something like Ares as main antagonist (completely new iteration tho, not the one briefly appearing in the side Hercules stuff) if Hades does not appear. Or just the titans alone. We know with BH6 that they are willing to go a little bit further into uncharted territory.

Malyse

So. I just found out the Kingdom Hearts Rebirth apparently is in English and French and not just French, so I'm going to give it a shot.

I really look forward to doing a new Kingdom Hearts thread. The OP of this one is so lackluster.

----

How would you feel about this being Sora's permanent outfit forever and ever amen going forward?

latest

I think that we are at the point that Sora can just be a nebulous "teenager" instead of an actual age and I like this design enough that I wouldn't mind it returning over and over.

All aboard this being his permanent design.

Kairi Should get her own spinoff

zeemumu

Both. [chi] and Unchained are in different dimensions, but the difference is in Unchained S2 (are you fucking kidding me Nomura?)

-----

yQTPRoL.jpg

So. They hid this keyblade cause it's from an unannounced world.

j5Tg7Us.png

I'm calling it. I bet it's Moana.

So Unchained is the canon one?

I haven't seen Moana yet.

Aquova

----

latest

As long as Haley Joel Osment can figure out a voice that actually works I'm fine with that. His voice is KH1 was deeper than the voice they had him do for DDD.

Kairi needs a new outfit every scene. And drive forms.

zeemumu

I need to get on preordering that limited edition of 2.8 for that pin

I also bought my tickets for D23 so if there's KH stuff again this year I'll let you guys know, though knowing the internet you'll find out at the same time as me.

But if anything this year I want more KH merch in Disney parks.

Malyse

If you're going to use CoM sprites, you should be using CoM resolution.
kingdom-hearts-chain-of-memories-20040830101411469-000.jpg

There is nothing more offputing in a KH fan game than using CoM style sprites on a huge ass display.

screen_4464e40_by_hiranokreiss-d79r49d.png

Kingdom Hearts Rebirth needs polish. Nice visual effects, but the gameplay is kinda NG and the balancing is way off. LOL second battle will combo you, no stun for anything and your health doesn't restore when you retry. Nah bruh.

Nice art though.
kingdom_hearts_rebirth_2___aqua___artwork_by_hiranokreiss-d9h8esp.png
So Unchained is Chi with the same characters and plot except it's not but Back Cover is Chi: The Movie except it also might not be.

Also it all might be
the matrix?

The Unchained is a thing in the KH universe.
Back Cover is from the Foretellers POV
We won't know the deal with [chi] vs Unchained until Unchained S2.

It took hours, but I finally beat Sephiroth on critical at level 48 without second chance, ultima, or any glide and double jump. It is really hard because almost every one of his attacks will one shot you. He's not too bad otherwise, but I did fight him a lot a decade ago.

Now I'm not sure if I want to continue from having beaten him, or load up a save file from before, so I can level up and try to beat him faster at max level.

Happy new year to KHGaf. Hopefully 2017 will finally be the year of proper KH3 blowout wether it's at E3, D23 or Jump Festa.

2016 was a decent year for other things KH but ironically it's only rivalled by 2014 when it comes to KH3 drought. Of course I suppose 0.2 is a sneak peek at some of the stuff and how it's shaping up but even that sadly slipped to 2017 for real hands on time.

Mediking

----

latest

INB4 Sora goes the Shonen route and gets a timeskip where he's older and much wiser.

His new outfit is cool but I need to see him in a cutscene really bad. His KH2 look is flawless. He was awesome in cutscenes.

I kinda wanna see Sora age.

Aquova

Happy new year to KHGaf. Hopefully 2017 will finally be the year of proper KH3 blowout wether it's at E3, D23 or Jump Festa.

2016 was a decent year for other things KH but ironically it's only rivalled by 2014 when it comes to KH3 drought. Of course I suppose 0.2 is a sneak peek at some of the stuff and how it's shaping up but even that sadly slipped to 2017 for real hands on time.

You're from one of them Europe countries ain't ya? Here in 'Merica we're still living in 2016. It ain't the new year in Freedom Time just yet.

Happy New Year all the same! :p

Finished the story on critical, not too bad difficulty-wise. I think I'll wait until I'm max level before tackling Terra and the data members.

I sure do love the Birth by Sleep secret ending.

DKHF

Having to wait until JF next December for the KH3 blowout would be agonising... But I'm confident there will be a blowout at E3, and some decent info not long after 2.8's release serving as the promised winter announcements.

zeemumu

I could go for an artbook. Not the manga artbook.

I'm pretty sure there is one but it's not accessible to me. It came out with 1.5 right?

silva1991

Did they make getting the ultima blade much harder(or should I say a bigger time investment) in kh1fm? I basically need to grind for like 30 accessories before I make the keyblade.

I was having fun grinding, but now I need frost and thunder stones(or gems?) from Atlantica....

Lnds500

Did they make getting the ultima blade much harder(or should I say a bigger time investment) in kh1fm? I basically need to grind for like 30 accessories before I make the keyblade.

I was having fun grinding, but now I need frost and thunder stones(or gems?) from Atlantica....

Don't remember about the materials but they did add new heartless you need to defeat before getting it.

Yes, it's much worse.

You have to defeat the new heartless multiple times, and farm more normal items too. I usually have to gather about 30 lucid shards by killing Shadows in Wonderland for the Dark Matters. The bright side is that it's not THAT much better than the alternatives. If you're #teamStaff you can beat Ice Titan to get the Diamond Dust, or beat Sephiroth for the One Winged Angel.

Yes, it's much worse.

You have to defeat the new heartless multiple times, and farm more normal items too. I usually have to gather about 30 lucid shards by killing Shadows in Wonderland for the Dark Matters. The bright side is that it's not THAT much better than the alternatives. If you're #teamStaff you can beat Ice Titan to get the Diamond Dust, or beat Sephiroth for the One Winged Angel.

Yep. Or if you chose the sword, Divine Rose is probably what you want, since it got buffed from KH1 vanilla for whatever reason (And Oblivion was made weaker)

gosoxtim

Having to wait until JF next December for the KH3 blowout would be agonising... But I'm confident there will be a blowout at E3, and some decent info not long after 2.8's release serving as the promised winter announcements.
nomura already said 2017 we will get non stop kh news

DKHF

nomura already said 2017 we will get non stop kh news
Yeah I know and he said KH news not KH3 news. But regardless there was no universe in which I thought we would wait until Jump Festa for the blowout. I was responding to the hypothetical suggested by Napalm_Frank.

Malyse

Yeah I know and he said KH news not KH3 news. But regardless there was no universe in which I thought we would wait until Jump Festa for the blowout. I was responding to the hypothetical suggested by Napalm_Frank.
*ten months later*
Well maybe they'll show us another 30 second KH3 trailer at JF after the trailer for [chi] PS4.

silva1991

Sniper pink monkeys are the definition of assholes.

I'll leave power stone farming for last.

I took a shot at fighting Lingering Will even though I was at level 59. I got one full combo before being completely annihilated.

I can't wait to fight that thing at 60FPS in 3 months.

Tsunamo

8 days until 2.8 comesout in Japan :D
(if you count pre-loading unlock times)
So Unchained is Chi with the same characters and plot except it's not but Back Cover is Chi: The Movie except it also might not be.

Also it all might be
the matrix?
Chi ending spoilers.
It sort of is. You relive the same dream of the keyblade war over and over Chi, then Unchained until you wakeup in the real world.
Well possibly anyway, but if that's it I can buy them both being canon.
Well maybe they'll show us another 30 second KH3 trailer at JF after the trailer for [chi] PS4.
I still want this even if it'll never happen.

Malyse

8 days until 2.8 comesout in Japan :D
(if you count pre-loading unlock times)Chi ending spoilers.
It sort of is. You relive the same dream of the keyblade war over and over Chi, then Unchained until you wakeup in the real world.
Well possibly anyway, but if that's it I can buy them both being canon. I still want this even if it'll never happen.

No one wants to have the FFVII moment happen to them.

gosoxtim

i think this year will be ton of kh3 news there lot of event going not just e3

Tsunamo

I think (it might have been Frank that said it) that it'll be like XV where it'll have this quiet period we're getting now and then a non-stop marketing and new media train leading up to release.

Or at least i'd hopeso.

zeemumu

I think (it might have been Frank that said it) that it'll be like XV where it'll have this quiet period we're getting now and then a non-stop marketing and new media train leading up to release.

Or at least i'd hopeso.

Come on KH disneyland merch

Top Bottom