• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

If you're going for a run of the standard Final Mix difficulty, there's really no problem with going sword. If you're playing on Proud, Staff is the best way to go. +2 Max MP and Stun Impact really makes a difference.

McNum

Team Shield!

Picked Shield in my second game. Got Guard early, taught me how to play defense properly. What a difference that made against certain late bosses. Also early Second Chance is nice when you're not good at the game. Does Shield get anything good in Final Mix?

Team Shield!

Picked Shield in my second game. Got Guard early, taught me how to play defense properly. What a difference that made against certain late bosses. Also early Second Chance is nice when you're not good at the game. Does Shield get anything good in Final Mix?

Shield gets Slap Shot, Stun Impact and Leaf Bracer early on. Also Lucky Strike.

Team Shield!

Leaf Bracer is the best Final Mix thing you get early (you cannot die when casting cure) and you get more item slots than with Sword or Staff.

Also indeed you get Second Chance before others and it's pretty much the best ability in every KH game :lol.

#teamstaff

Leaf Bracer is good. What does Slap Shot do? Sounds silly, unless it means you get to bat projectiles back at foes.

Slap Shot is a quick upward slap with the keyblade, with no swing time. It's basically instant and criticals a lot. You might think about the KH2 version of the ability, which is forgetable, but this one is in a whole different league.

I mean, almost exclusively, Slide Dash.

If you want Sephiroth to be any challenging at all, unequip Slide Dash (and Leaf Bracer too).

If you want Sephiroth to be any challenging at all, unequip Slide Dash (and Leaf Bracer too).
Maybe I'm crazy, but ive always thought KH1 Sephiroth is pretty tough

Edit: let me also say that I have beaten Terra on Critical in FM+ and obviously Sephy isn't -that- hard (by a ways). But he is still pretty hard

TheMink

Slap Shot is a quick upward slap with the keyblade, with no swing time. It's basically instant and criticals a lot. You might think about the KH2 version of the ability, which is forgetable, but this one is in a whole different league.

If you really want it to be any challenge unequip all your abilities. Oh and play through zero xp while you are at it. And unequip all your equipment. If you ain't no wuss hack the game and make the wooden sword the weapon you wield.

or just have fun

Maybe I'm crazy, but ive always thought KH1 Sephiroth is pretty tough

Harder than KH2 Sephiroth, but still not all that hard. FM makes him a little harder since the startup for his Flame Pillar attack is quicker, and MP rage got knocked down a peg, so you can't tank hits from him for free MP as effectively.

Slide Dash makes safely closing the distance between him way easier, and Leaf Bracer pretty much speaks for itself.

If you really want it to be any challenge unequip all your abilities. Oh and play through zero xp while you are at it. And unequip all your equipment. If you ain't no wuss hack the game and make the wooden sword the weapon you wield.

or just have fun
This.
But how can you do that if you pick sword? :eek:

Still neither Mink nor PB have platinum? You dissapoint me!
I have a job Napalmu :p

TheMink

But how can you do that if you pick sword? :eek:

Still neither Mink nor PB have platinum? You dissapoint me!

Well im about 20 lvls over my area :p pretty much the best thing ever.

Ive hardly played 20 hours haha. I gotta get to lvl 100, synthesize everything, do the whole journal, beat it again speed run. Its time consuming dammit!

Synthesizing in JP is extremely time consuming :p

Poetic excuses!
Shutting up now :p

Well im about 20 lvls over my area :p pretty much the best thing ever.

Ive hardly played 20 hours haha. I gotta get to lvl 100, synthesize everything, do the whole journal, beat it again speed run. Its time consuming dammit!

Yup this is basically me.

Also... I guess I'm not in a rush haha. I mean the ENG one comes out in the fall so...

Nobody has apparently said anything bout Re:CoM framerate so I guess they fixed it. Apparently it has a few remastered tracks too according to the interlview, I wonder what they are. Probably the end boss theme or sumthin.

Also the interview made it sound like it was a hard job. I guess they won't be able to do full treatment for BBS after the behemot that is kh2fm ;<

Seda

Nobody has apparently said anything bout Re:CoM framerate so I guess they fixed it. Apparently it has a few remastered tracks too according to the interlview, I wonder what they are. Probably the end boss theme or sumthin.

Also the interview made it sound like it was a hard job. I guess they won't be able to do full treatment for BBS after the behemot that is kh2fm ;<

I hope Lord of the Castle is remastered :/

Tsunamo

Staff all the way!
I used to be a sword guy, but that extra MP's great.

And I finished Proud mode and I can confirm you only gain the trophy for the difficulty you were playing on, so it'll require at least 3 playthroughs to platinum. I suppose that's alright considering you can split them into different runs for things like the speedrun trophy or no equipment.
Yeah, it took me quite a few hours to synthesis everything. Farming those rare heartless for items again and again takes awhile.

Seda

Staff all the way!
I used to be a sword guy, but that extra MP's great.

And I finished Proud mode and I can confirm you only gain the trophy for the difficulty you were playing on, so it'll require at least 3 playthroughs to platinum. I suppose that's alright considering you can split them into different runs for things like the speedrun trophy or no equipment.

Well I guess I'll do

Proud Mode do most everything run.
Normal Mode never change equipment run.
Beginner speed run.

Groof

And I finished Proud mode and I can confirm you only gain the trophy for the difficulty you were playing on, so it'll require at least 3 playthroughs to platinum. I suppose that's alright considering you can split them into different runs for things like the speedrun trophy or no equipment. Yeah, it took me quite a few hours to synthesis everything. Farming those rare heartless for items again and again takes awhile.
blech.gif

Sucks.

In all fairness, BBS doesn't really need the treatment, since it's music was streamed instead of restricted to the PS2's soundfont like KH1 and KH2.

And I finished Proud mode and I can confirm you only gain the trophy for the difficulty you were playing on, so it'll require at least 3 playthroughs to platinum. I suppose that's alright considering you can split them into different runs for things like the speedrun trophy or no equipment. Yeah, it took me quite a few hours to synthesis everything. Farming those rare heartless for items again and again takes awhile.

Cool. I'm actually not too bummed

Yeah, one difficulty for each trophy doesn't sound that bad anyway.

Always play the offensive role in games. Leave the mage stuff to NPC's.

Is there anything more offensive than clearing a whole screen with a single Thundaga?

In all fairness, BBS doesn't really need the treatment, since it's music was streamed instead of restricted to the PS2's soundfont like KH1 and KH2.

Still a bummer.

Oh well KH2FM soundtrack is pretty immense. It's just over 100 tracks compared to KH1FM which has 80. Of course there are quite a few songs from KH1 in KH2 so they could reuse tracks if they wanted to. Actually if they reuse the tracks from KH1HD they could bring the workload down to around 80.

Well it would be neat to have few key tracks remastered for BBS like they did with Re:CoM and Days. Final boss themes, Ventus theme ect. They can just leave the Coded as it is :lol. I don't even think the cutscenes use any new tracks so I guess they can use the tracks they remastered already :/.

What was the point of
like 9 of the Xehanorths doing jack shit at the end in DDD. Seems like pretty lazy effort for them to get Sora :lol
DDD spoilz

Just started watching this guy stream a level 1 run

http://www.twitch.tv/cyberman6

and apparently, EXP Zero has some sort of effect that lowers boss damage a bit. Things that would one shot Sora at Level 40-50 or so are only taking half of his HP. He just beat Unknown/
Xemnas
, and he apparently beat Kurt Zisa already.

Just started watching this guy stream a level 1 run

http://www.twitch.tv/cyberman6

and apparently, EXP Zero has some sort of effect that lowers boss damage a bit. Things that would one shot Sora at Level 40-50 or so are only taking half of his HP. He just beat Unknown/
Xemnas
, and he apparently beat Kurt Zisa already.

Not sure if I like it or not. The only reason one would do it is the immense challenge anyway.

Not sure if I like it or not. The only reason one would do it is the immense challenge anyway.

I'm actually okay with it, if only because the alternative would equate to playing through the game without getting hit a single time.

As stupid as level 1 runs were in every game after KH2FM, you at least get Once More and Second Chance.

TheMink

Well you get basically zero abilities, unlike KHII where hp and other cool abilities are given via story events instead of lvl. KHI doesnt give you hp any other way then lvling.

I just beat neverland, but ive been kicking it in Olimpus Colosseum griiiiiiiinding :3
And ive been synthesizing stuffs.

And i do atlanctica AFTER hollow bastion because i like it that way :p

Nooo you need to do Monstro after Hollow Bastion cause Ansem is there :lol. That part doesn't even make any sense.

TheMink

Nooo you need to do Monstro after Hollow Bastion cause Ansem is there :lol. That part doesn't even make any sense.

I love how they thought about if you did Tarzan before Wonderland (its snow white being captured instead of alice) but then you can just go beat hollow bastion then go back to monstro and see riku :p

Top Bottom