• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Narolf

Banned
I can't even draw stick figures well

Neither can I. If I may ask, don't you have to draw quite a bit for your job tho? I'm asking because I had to make a lot of observational drawings in biology's classes when I was still schooled; being very bad at that is part of why I have dropped the course I was in, haha...

Hey guys. Just started Birth By Sleep, second KH game after a little bit of 358/2 yeaars ago.

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE CAMERA?? I'm up to the first boss with Terra in the castle. The boss keeps jumping into the air and I can't see him more than 50% of the time. Am I doing something incredibly wrong, or are you just meant to .. play like this?? I can't react to anything the boss is doing (can't learn his attack patterns) because I can't fucking see him.

Hey guys. Just started Birth By Sleep, second KH game after a little bit of 358/2 yeaars ago.

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE CAMERA?? I'm up to the first boss with Terra in the castle. The boss keeps jumping into the air and I can't see him more than 50% of the time. Am I doing something incredibly wrong, or are you just meant to .. play like this?? I can't react to anything the boss is doing (can't learn his attack patterns) because I can't fucking see him.

Well all I can say is that I hope you have lock-on active at all times.

Well I can tell you that AFAIR he is the only boss that does such jumping.

Groof

The camera can be super wonky at times, it's definitely something you'll get used to with time. I can still get run over by enemies because I lose sight of them due to the camera figuring the wall is a much more interesting object than the game itself.
It gets better. Especially if you're coming from Days.

I don't know how I never noticed this about BBS:

When fighting Eraqus he is holding his keyblade with the blunt side foreward so he wasn't fighting for real ;-;

I think Eraqus is the most amusing character they have come up with mirroring Yen Sid. So when can we expect a character modelled after Nomura? :lol

Edit: regarding the spoiler I am stupid. Sora does this too :lol Stupid weapon!

raven777

the game is a lot harder than I remember. I am having trouble in colloseum....Maybe I should have just grinded in Destiny Island before leaving.

I don't know how I never noticed this about BBS:

When fighting Eraqus he is holding his keyblade with the blunt side foreward so he wasn't fighting for real ;-;

I think Eraqus is the most amusing character they have come up with mirroring Yen Sid. So when can we expect a character modelled after Nomura? :lol

Edit: regarding the spoiler I am stupid. Sora does this too :lol Stupid weapon!
Don't they all do that?

Narolf!!!!!! No!!!!

He'll get permabanned if he keeps this up. He was banned like 2 weeks ago.

After I was banned I just try to steer clear from any OT threads with too much emotions flying around :lol.

The character name will be an anagram of Enix....something like Niex, but he wont be a nobody despite the x in his name, just because.

His keyblade is made of belts and zippers. Keychain is Noctis perfume bottle.

TheMink

Does anyone know if they moved the location of the miss able red trinity in Halloween Town? I dont see it where its supposed to be and there seems to be a new one on the ground area of the big tower, but im petrified with fear to move on haha.

Seda

Does anyone know if they moved the location of the miss able red trinity in Halloween Town? I dont see it where its supposed to be and there seems to be a new one on the ground area of the big tower, but im petrified with fear to move on haha.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_Final_Mix
An issue involving a red Trinity located in Oogie's Manor was fixed. In the original game, if the player did not activate the Trinity prior to defeating Oogie Boogie, the trinity would disappear. The Trinity was moved to an area below an arch near the manor

I always knew there was more to Saix and Xigbar than meets the eye since they got yellow eyes and Xigbar being number 2 in the org and Saix being number 7/8 (always forget witch one he is and witch one is Axel) and still being the second in command.

But I never really noticed that they both had pointy elf ears unlike the rest too. You can actually see in Birth By Sleep how Braigs ears change from normal to pointy in addition to his eyes. Isa has normal ears in BBS too but obviously you don't see them change.

And who did Nomura personally request to voice Master Xehanort?

cEyhCm8.jpg
;)
Tetsuya Nomura, the director of Birth by Sleep, stated that he chose Nimoy for the role specifically because of his role as Spock.

Groof

I always knew there was more to Saix and Xigbar than meets the eye since they got yellow eyes and Xigbar being number 2 in the org and Saix being number 7/8 (always forget witch one he is and witch one is Axel) and still being the second in command.

But I never really noticed that they both had pointy elf ears unlike the rest too. You can actually see in Birth By Sleep how Braigs ears change from normal to pointy in addition to his eyes. Isa has normal ears in BBS too but obviously you don't see them change.

So in conclusion... KH3's main enemies will be yellow eyed elves?

So I figured I'd read a story summary for DDD and uhh... what the fuck?

I remember how the last world of DDD was the first time in series history when I had to pause the game a few times and really start to think what the fuck was going on.

BTW I still don't know how
It can be Master Xehanort who is formed due to Xemnas+Ansem being defeated instead of Terranort. Either this is just another weird ''plot twist'' for the future how Master Xehanort is really from the past and not present or some shit or there is some really weird shit going on with Terras whereabouts. I mean if he has Terra as vessel why not fuckin use it you old bastard.

Groof

I remember how the last world of DDD was the first time in series history when I had to pause the game a few times and really start to think what the fuck was going on.

BTW I still don't know how
It can be Master Xehanort who is formed due to Xemnas+Ansem being defeated instead of Terranort. Either this is just another weird ''plot twist'' for the future how Master Xehanort is really from the past and not present or some shit or there is some really weird shit going on with Terras whereabouts. I mean if he has Terra as vessel why not fuckin use it you old bastard.

If my mind was bent in such a way through a simple summary, I can't even begin to fathom how people must've felt while actually playing the game itself. A lot of it felt like it was just made up as it went along while other things such as
the cloning process with the yellow eyes and point ears felt like it was planned ahead of time.
Speaking of time... time travel? Seriously?
I'm still going through some more summaries, but I dunno man... is this what awaits us?

If my mind was bent in such a way through a simple summary, I can't even begin to fathom how people must've felt while actually playing the game itself. A lot of it felt like it was just made up as it went along while other things such as
the cloning process with the yellow eyes and point ears felt like it was planned ahead of time.
Speaking of time... time travel? Seriously?
I'm still going through some more summaries, but I dunno man... is this what awaits us?

I can tell you that the way they introduced
Time Travel
was absolutely terrible. Oh well there were some good cheesy scenes there :lol.

Groof

I can tell you that the way they introduced
Time Travel
was absolutely terrible. Oh well there were some good cheesy scenes there :lol.

Oh dear oh lord. I was thinking of picking up a 3DS for AA5 and pick this up along the way, but now I'm not so sure anymore heh. Is it worth it?

Oh dear oh lord. I was thinking of picking up a 3DS for AA5 and pick this up along the way, but now I'm not so sure anymore heh. Is it worth it?

Well it's ok game. Certainly a main title with new worlds ect ect. But imo it is the weakest of the 4 main games. But if you are a KH fan and are picking up 3DS anyway then sure, you should pick it up.

I had fun with the game and enjoyed it but I am not planning to replay it anytime soon, you know? And I usually always started a new game after completing a KH game.

Groof

Well it's ok game. Certainly a main title with new worlds ect ect. But imo it is the weakest of the 4 main games. But if you are a KH fan and are picking up 3DS anyway then sure, you should pick it up.

Alright. Guess it might be worth it so see a potential train wreck in person as well. :)

Oop, you edited. But by the time I can manage to get a 3DS the game'll probably have dropped in price.

Alright. Guess it might be worth it so see a potential train wreck in person as well. :)

It kinda is in the realm of its so bad its good. All the crazy stuff is concentrated on the last 2 or so hours anyway.

But I did my megapost about it a while back and I think DDD was pretty fuckin terrible and nothing like what I was expecting and hoping for a game that ''sets up KH3''. I said this also before but BBS did way better job of setting up KH3 than DDD does.

TheMink

I had fun with the game and enjoyed it but I am not planning to replay it anytime soon, you know? And I usually always started a new game after completing a KH game.

I agree with this

Groof

BBS is a surprisingly solid game, and I'm having a real good time replaying it right now. But now that you talk about setting up KH3 I start to think about how pivotal these two games (BBS and DDD) are to the actual storyline. They have huge plot points and are quite important to the overall lore that I'm just wondering how it'll be for those jumping straight from 2 to 3. CoM was in this territory as well, but it feels rather small in comparison and got summarized fairly well in 2.

This could be argued with "if you're a fan you'd know either way," though. But man, imagine not knowing. So much confusion it'd probably spawn its own Heartless-type enemy.

BBS is a surprisingly solid game, and I'm having a real good time replaying it right now. But now that you talk about setting up KH3 I start to think about how pivotal these two games (BBS and DDD) are to the actual storyline. They have huge plot points and are quite important to the overall lore that I'm just wondering how it'll be for those jumping straight from 2 to 3. CoM was in this territory as well, but it feels rather small in comparison and got summarized fairly well in 2.

This could be argued with "if you're a fan you'd know either way," though. But man, imagine not knowing. So much confusion it'd probably spawn its own Heartless-type enemy.

Thats why they are trying to bring it all to home consoles. Who knows how/if they do something for DDD. Maybe standalone HD release or adding cutscenes to 2.5 after all. Some think they won't do anything about it but I wouldn't be so sure just yet.

Groof

Thats why they are trying to bring it all to home consoles. Who knows how/if they do something for DDD. Maybe standalone HD release or adding cutscenes to 2.5 after all. Some think they won't do anything about it but I wouldn't be so sure just yet.

Retcon it to all hell.
But if they do a 2.5, I can imagine it getting the same treatment as Days did for 1.5, because I doubt people would buy it standalone and would SE really give us three games in one?

Retcon it to all hell.
But if they do a 2.5, I can imagine it getting the same treatment as Days did for 1.5, because I doubt people would buy it standalone and would SE really give us three games in one?

It wouldn't even need Days like treatment in a way. They had to redo tons of stuff for the Days scenes. For DDD they could just uprez the scenes and slam them in there if they wanted.

But as far as we know for now 2.5 only has Re:Coded scenes. Which is stupid cause Coded has shit to do with anything compared to DDD. The few things coded does add are all included in the DDD/BBS story anyway so it is completely useless to include.

By standalone HD release I mean a separate release from 2.5. So they would sell it alone since it isn't exactly a PS2/PSP HD remaster but a 3DS port.

Groof

It wouldn't even need Days like treatment in a way. They had to redo tons of stuff for the Days scenes. For DDD they could just uprez the scenes and slam them in there if they wanted.

But as far as we know for now 2.5 only has Re:Coded scenes. Which is stupid cause Coded has shit to do with anything compared to DDD. The few things coded does add are all included in the DDD/BBS story anyway so it is completely useless to include.

By standalone HD release I mean a separate release from 2.5. So they would sell it alone since it isn't exactly a PS2/PSP HD remaster but a 3DS port.
Wait, what did they have to redo for the Days cutscene film? Textures?
I never really got the point of Coded anyway. Wasn't it just a quick mobile phone cash in game? But either way, like I said, I doubt they'd be able to get away with reselling a single HD remaster of DDD. Either it'd have to be included in a 2.5 collection or be ignored.

Wait, what did they have to redo for the Days cutscene film? Textures?
I never really got the point of Coded anyway. Wasn't it just a quick mobile phone cash in game? But either way, like I said, I doubt they'd be able to get away with reselling a single HD remaster of DDD. Either it'd have to be included in a 2.5 collection or be ignored.

Most of the Days scenes were non voiced text bubble scenes with minimal direction so they redid like 2 hours of those scenes. In DDD all scenes are voiced so no need to redo anything much really.

Coded was pretty much a mobile ''cash in''. They just remade the game later to DS and added a secret ending that sets up DDD.

Here is a typical Days scene.

Seda

Days is the Kingdom Hearts game I enjoyed the least, satisfying the requirements to be the worst game in the series.

(I don't know why I stated in that way)

Groof

Most of the Days scenes were non voiced text bubble scenes with minimal direction so they redid like 2 hours of those scenes. In DDD all scenes are voiced so no need to redo anything much really.

Coded was pretty much a mobile ''cash in''. They just remade the game later to DS and added a secret ending that sets up DDD.

Here is a typical Days scene.

Damn, my memory sure is hazy of that game. Maybe for the better.
Because it sure was a stinkin' pile of hot garbage.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm happy for Coded's inclusion. I've never played it so I know zilch about the story.

DDD HD can come later closer to KH3's release and include a demo of it as an incentive or something.

Damn, my memory sure is hazy of that game. Maybe for the better.
Because it sure was a stinkin' pile of hot garbage.
Bro... You gotta calm down. The game is not that bad. A fully 3d kingdom hearts on DS with every organization member playable and some pretty cool mechanics (I really liked the leveling grid/puzzle, co-op multiplayer)

Sure it isn't the best in the series but is also not "hot garbage."

Top Bottom