• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Seda

Yeah I'm not seeing how including English voices in the Japanese release would have anything to do with reverse importing.

However, if the NA version had Japanese voices and came out this spring, then you might have an issue there.

Holy moly the remastered last boss music is great. Dat piano, choir and whatever the heck that flutey thing is.

KH1 last boss looks so ridicilous tho :lol.

TheMink

Holy moly the remastered last boss music is great. Dat piano, choir and whatever the heck that flutey thing is.

KH1 last boss is best kind of boss, could have included more airships i think. More teleportations to the the twilight zone, more things that definitely gave young children everywhere nightmares :lol.

Is what you meant to say :3

Tsunamo

KH1 last boss looks so ridicilous tho :lol.
Yeah, it sounds fantastic!
Games are much cheaper outside Japan, it makes the japanese import games from the US instead. That's the reason Persona 4 Arena was region locked.
R-right... and how does this apply in this situation? 1.5 will remain Japan-only until Fall.
I was under the assumption reverse importing was importing from another region for specific reason before release in your region to get it early (like price factors, or the dub being included in a English release months later when you could just import it and get it now on another version for some games from Japan/Asia where they have English voice acting/subtitles included in some releases) My bad.

Ending video made it alllll worth it

Dem feels ;-;.

KH1 had the bestest happy feels moment. BBS had the bestest epic and sad feels moments. KH3D had the bestest what is this I don't even moment.
Yeees yeees

Since Nomura likes to have computor names for games like BBS and CoM I wonder what he could fit into KH:GDDR5? Kingdom Hearts Guardian Draw Disaster Retro multiplied by 5!

Yees Yees

aravuus

KH1 had the 'bestest' sad feels imo. I cried like a bitch on my second playthrough at Kairi's "sora don't ever change" scene when I was a kid. Well, I would have cried like a little bitch if I had the tendency to cry, but I shed a tear or two which is like crying like a little bitch to me.

Can't say I agree with that DDD notation though.

e: guys doing drugs, rev 5
would explain the latest plot twists

Dem feels ;-;.

KH1 had the bestest happy feels moment. BBS had the bestest epic and sad feels moments. KH3D had the bestest what is this I don't even moment.
I remember in Kh2 when
Axel dies in the realm invetween (not sure if this is a spoiler since it came out like a decade ago..)
I shed a tear or two...

Again, the ending was so legit. KH aways hits the right notes

aravuus

I'm going to go ahead and say that the sad scenes wouldn't have half the impact if they didn't have the music they have now. I'm one of those people who feel a lot through music, and I listen to something 24/7. Hearing Hikari brings back those feelings of joy I felt the first time I played KH. The boss battle music that plays against Darksided still fills me with the terror I felt as a kid.

Fuck I love music

Tsunamo

Nothing can top that Kingdom Hearts ending for me, so many feels ;_;
It's made even better with the extra scene shortly after (spoilered just in-case someone doesn't know about it yet)
Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku and Mickey close the Door to Darkness and a flashback of moments between Sora and Riku on Destiny Island plays

Really nice addition to a already amazing ending.
I'm going to go ahead and say that the sad scenes wouldn't have half the impact if they didn't have the music they have now. I'm one of those people who feel a lot through music, and I listen to something 24/7. Hearing Hikari brings back those feelings of joy I felt the first time I played KH. The boss battle music that plays against Darksided still fills me with the terror I felt as a kid.

Fuck I love music
Same here and agreed. Kingdom Hearts was the game that made me fall in love with Yoko Shimomuras (and later other composers as they started doing pieces for the series) music, the series just wouldn't be as magical without them for me.

KH1 ending is the best one definately for me, no contest. But it really isn't a sad ending, it's hard to explain. But it hit the perfect balance of sad/happy with ending on a high note with a promise for future adventure by SDG.

Tsunamo that extra scene is by far the best new scene in FM. Sometimes less is more and even the silly faces cannot ruin the scene.

aravuus

Bittersweet is what I'd call KH I's ending. Sora's still not back together with everybody, but there's more hope than ever. Well, at least with Kairi.

I hope when they finally reveal Yen Sids keyblade that it's full of classic Disney references. Colouring certainly has to be silver/blue and maybe use the classic ''Disney Castle'' as the teeth part.

Keychain (or even handle) of course needs to be this:
MLUsp8E.png

I hope when they finally reveal Yen Sids keyblade that it's full of classic Disney references. Colouring certainly has to be silver/blue and maybe use the classic ''Disney Castle'' as the teeth part.

Keychain (or even handle) of course needs to be this:
Holy crap yes.

I hope he has badass armor too.

I hope everyone has badass armor haha

In BBS mickey wasnt a master right?

Yeah but apparently he has been using Gummi Ship after BBS. Yen Sid already referred him as a true Keyblade Master plus you don't need to be a master to have a keyblade armor anyway (Ventus, Terra). I'd imagine Mickeys mark of mastery was about retrieving the dark realms keyblade or some shit.

My theory is that Yen Sid is just a lazy bum and incompetent Master. That is the true reason why he has stopped his old keyblading ways and is too much of a pussy to go after Xehanort himself. Instead he just assigns these life threatening tasks to a bunch of children that have been separated from their parents for over a year.

Even Mickey who is the friggin apprentice of ''master'' Yen Sid didn't think (or at least say out loud) his name when he was thinking about
the seven guardians

Merlin could probably take that old bastard on.

Remember when he offers to give information in KH2 and makes you read his old tome that has bunch of nonesense? He has gone senile.

BTW I think one certain dude with an eyepatch might get a keyblade in the next game and that will trigger/be triggered by
Braig/Xigbar either betraying MX and going rogue or pretty much completely becoming another Xehanort

KH1.5 6+ months delay
FFX/X2HD probably few months to few weeks delay (includes much more new translating due to last mission. Also multiplat release)

iKNW7vVGkRhBv.gif

Xux

Maybe they're lip syncing ReCOM alongside the Days scenes. And adding the HD music to ReCOM as well.

Seda

Maybe they're lip syncing ReCOM alongside the Days scenes. And adding the HD music to ReCOM as well.

ReCoM's scene were rendered oddly (don't know the specifics) making lip-syncing unlikely. Days cutscenes though could be.

Saix>Xigbar>Xemnas and post KH1 Ansem

AnsemKH1=MX=MaleficentKH1>Vanitas=Xigbar>Marluxia>Saix>Ansem>Xemnas

Xemnas never... does anything lol.

It's silly cause I remember how in original CoM they set up the ''superior'' to be some super powerful guy that you don't want to piss off at all. Then he turns out to be this monotone guy that leaves all the evil parts of his plan to his lackeys.

Psxphile

Anyone have a transcript of his quotes during the final battles? In particular, I'm thinking of the line that goes "Riku, are you sure you can trust Sora?" or something vaguely similar that he says at some point.

I've always wondered what exactly he was trying to say here.

EDIT: actually, it might have been the reverse

Xigbar will become the Xehanort of the next KH saga,

smh
I have a running bet with a friend that Xigbar/Braig will actually become the main villain by the end of KH3. Xehanort is going to get betrayed and Xigbar will get X-Blade and be the final boss.

Anyone have a transcript of his quotes during the final battles? In particular, I'm thinking of the line that goes "Riku, are you sure you can trust Sora?" or something vaguely similar that he says at some point.

I've always wondered what exactly he was trying to say here.

EDIT: actually, it might have been the reverse

"Come closer..."
"Guard!"
"So... it wasn't a fallacy..."

"Cursed fools!" (When attacking)

"Hearts are power!" (When you are in the air.)
"Nothingness is eternal!" (When you are in the air.)
"Why do you despise the void?" (When you are in the air.)
"Sora... are you certain you can trust Riku?" (When you are in the air.)
"Riku... are you sure you're not jealous of Sora?" (When you are in the air.)
"Embrace... nothing!" (When you are in the air.)

"Anger and hate are supreme!" (When entering battle.)
"You shall go together!" (When tossing you into the air.)
"Be gone!" (When blasting you.)
"Pierce!" (When shooting lasers.)
"Fire!" (When shooting lasers.)
"Why don't you vanish?" (When attacking.)
"Can you spare... a heart?" (When capturing Sora.)
"Guard!" (When he brings up a wall when you are Riku.)
"There is no such thing as light!" (When using million laser attack.)
"Cursed... Keyblade..." (When defeated.)

Psxphile

Thanks. I knew I had it wrong at first. Mansex trying the ol' divide-and-conquer trick. Would have been more successful in KH1.

"So... it wasn't a fallacy..."
What's he talking about here?

"You shall go together!" (When tossing you into the air.)
Shippers gonna ship.

"Cursed... Keyblade..." (When defeated.)
And to think, he probably could have summoned his own at anytime. Despite suckering Roxas into the Org, fashioning a Replica and trying to enslave Sora himself he sure didn't want anything to do with Keyblades, did he?

Xux

That is pretty weird. Unless it has to do with the X-blade or something. Like, once it breaks, it's fragments (the Ven-enhanced Sora
and Vanitas' ghost thing
) try to rebuild a new/fake Kingdom Hearts?

Maybe it's because Xemnas was actually a pretty nice guy and he hates keyblades because they take away hearts and all he ever wanted was a heart :3

Oh wait he had a heart .-.

Trying to finish the synthesis list in KH1FM so that I can get Ultima Weapon, and I'm reminded of why I hate synthesizing in Final mix: All of these damned new heartless really make it a drag.

Playing Days again and it's really depressive...
I don't know why people hated the panel system, i think it works well and it's different enough, makes you plan each boss fight, what to use, etc...

Also, i forgot Saix wanted to stand up against Xemnas. Weird considering he's one of the
13 Darknesses/Xehanorts
now...

Playing Days again and it's really depressive...
I don't know why people hated the panel system, i think it works well and it's different enough, makes you plan each boss fight, what to use, etc...

Also, i forgot Saix wanted to stand up against Xemnas. Weird considering he's one of the
13 Darknesses/Xehanorts
now...

People didn't hate the panel system. In fact many have said it's one of the few good things about the game.

Top Bottom